Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Resveratrol - Price Watch

• Please log in to reply
766 replies to this topic

#121 ageless

• 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

Why isn't there any capped 98% RSV?  surely there must be market for this.

AOR's Acta-resveratrol is listed as pure pharmaceutical trans-resveratrol and each 231mg capsule contains 100mg Trans-resv.
The other ingredients add up to give the other 131mg so according to this the AOR product is 100% Trans-resv so a pure trans-resv. product.

#122 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

My question is regarding the labeling:

Trans-Resveratrol (in oxygen, pH, and light-resistant beadlets) .............................. 100 mg

The way I read it in the label, it appears that the beadlets themselves are part of the 100mg weight.

I could be wrong, but as a person who reads competition labels, it seems clear that it would. Otherwise this 'beadlet' info would be placed elsewhere on the label.

Anthony Loera

Anthony

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#123 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

My question is regarding the labeling:

Trans-Resveratrol (in oxygen, pH, and light-resistant beadlets) .............................. 100 mg

The way I read it in the label, it appears that the beadlets themselves are part of the 100mg weight.

I could be wrong, but as a person who reads competition labels, it seems clear that it would. Otherwise this 'beadlet' info would be placed elsewhere on the label.

Anthony Loera

Anthony

The english language being what it is, the fact that the word "beadlets" is parenthetically placed in the phrase would indicate that the 100mg refers to the amount of pure t-resveratrol.

#124 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

I agree; I think that "oxygen, pH, and light-resistant" describes the beadlets.

Stephen

#125 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

It's very encouraging then...

Anthony

#126 saint

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

Please see my posting in the '500 club' thread on having personally lab tested their product (excellent) and having tried to do business with them (impossible).

Hello everyone,

A couple other resveratrol users and I have come across a company advertising 98% and 99% trans-resveratrol extract powder:
Changsha Organic Herb, Incorporated, based in Hunan, China.  Changsha's Website or  http://www.organic-herb.com.

As it stands, the current (as of 4/30/07) quoted cost of 98% and 99% trans-resveratrol is $680 and $800 U.S. Dollars respectively, per kilogram- extremely inexpensive (68 and 80 cents per gram). Orders for quantities below one kilogram are also allowed, but the price is slightly higher. This eliminates the need for a bulk purchase.

The purpose of this post is to enlist other users who would be interested in purchasing this product individually, but would prefer to have it independently tested and assayed beforehand. Due to the considerable cost of such testing, we propose splitting the analysis expenses.  At the moment, three of us are interested in having this product tested and are planning to test the advertised 99% trans-resveratrol.

The cost of the complete testing, which includes HPLC analysis for trans-resveratrol, cis-resveratrol, and emodin along with testing for the heavy metals mercury, lead, arsenic, and cadmium, and a plate count, is $600 U.S. dollars.  Two of us have recently ordered from this company and have found that the product seems to be of very high quality and the company seems to be professional.

If you are interested in possibly purchasing this product and prior to this would like to have it independently tested and analyzed by American Analytical Chemistry Laboratories Corp. (http://www.aaclabs.com), please let me know.  The $600 dollar cost would be split among all of us (however many sign on to share the analysis expenses),  potentially making testing much more affordable.

Thanks.

I have researched some Chinese companies, the above company might be cheaper but compared to some others, among other findings, does not employ GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certificate, and Emodin amount is relatively high.

#127 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

I have researched some Chinese companies, the above company might be cheaper but compared to some others, among other findings, does not employ GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certificate, and Emodin amount is relatively high.

I do not believe any of the resveratrol factories in China have a GMP certificate. Kingherbs has one factory source for extracts that is GMP, but that is not the one where they get their resveratrol. Though resveratrol factory isn't GMP, their resveratrol has been independantly tested as labeled in terms of purity, and the heavy metals were suitably low.

Disclaimer: I represent Kingherbs for a number of products, so I might be biased.

#128 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

Saint-

How high could emodin be in 99%+ pure resveratrol?

#129 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:28 PM

if we are talking about 99%, I have to agree with tintinet... it is highly unlikely there is any emodin content in the powder.

#130 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

if we are talking about 99%, I have to agree with tintinet... it is highly unlikely there is any emodin content in the powder.

There are quality differences between different extracts. Some 98% have measured as high as one per cent emodin. In others, it's below 0.0004%. A 99% extract could have 0.5 % emodin; it depends on how it's processed. The amount is probably negligible for most people, at most doses.

#131 Brian

• 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

Noticed the local Walgreens now has resveratrol under their own name label. On sale currently buy one get one free = $5.00 per 60 caps. Each cap says it has 80mg of trans-resveratrol, so $1.04 per gram price.

#132 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:13 AM

Noticed the local Walgreens now has resveratrol under their own name label. On sale currently buy one get one free = $5.00 per 60 caps. Each cap says it has 80mg of trans-resveratrol, so $1.04 per gram price.

Have you tried it yet?

#133 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:11 AM

Well $1.04 / Gram is pretty damn cheap ;) I can't find the product on Walgreen's site... What percent T-Rev is it ?

A question for you Anthony: How can you out price the bigger name supplement makers being a pretty small scale operation yourself? Is cost of production reasonably low?

#134 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Well $1.04 / Gram is pretty damn cheap ;) I can't find the product on Walgreen's site... What percent T-Rev is it ?

A question for you Anthony: How can you out price the bigger name supplement makers being a pretty small scale operation yourself? Is cost of production reasonably low?

I am simply taking in a smaller profit than the big guys.

I am sure, if the Wallmarts, Wallgreens, etc wanted to... they can easily lower their price below mine. I suppose the real question has to do with why they haven't yet.

I think it's simply because of various reasons that have to do with consumer marketing, habits, name recognition and formulations that may appear to give the consumer more variety of different supplements for their money, they may move slow to change because the company is so large, the may not want to change the amount of profit they are have already forecasted for certain products, etc...

Also, RevGenetics is still small, so we may still not be a blip on their radar... so I think there are lots of reasons why they wouldn't lower prices at this time.

Anthony Loera

#135 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

I think a large part of it is the fact that the public hasn't figured out that the ~50mg doses in these products are therapeutically irrelevant. As long as that is the case, it makes sense to sell them a product with very little of the most expensive ingredient.

I am sure, if the Wallmarts, Wallgreens, etc wanted to... they can easily lower their price below mine. I suppose the real question has to do with why they haven't yet.

I think it's simply because of various reasons that have to do with consumer marketing, habits, name recognition and formulations that may appear to give the consumer more variety of different supplements for their money, they may move slow to change because the company is so large, the may not want to change the amount of profit they are have already forecasted for certain products, etc...

Also, RevGenetics is still small, so we may still not be a blip on their radar... so I think there are lots of reasons why they wouldn't lower prices at this time.

Anthony Loera

#136 Brian

• 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

I double checked the label on that Walgreens stuff and I was wrong. The serving size listed to get 80 mg t-rev is 2 capsules, not 1. So double the cost per gram I calculated.

The capsules are 160mg, so this is 25% t-rev. There also is 20% "red wine polyphenols".

#137 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Brian... I was about to run our and buy my local store's stock of bottles...

[tung]

Anthony

#138 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

Added RevGenetics Powder - P98 (98%)

I will probably add 50% sometime over the weekend.

#139 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:59 AM

We can provide high-quality 98% of the natural resveratrol, the yield on 500kg/ month;
email:spamspamspam@hotmail.com

Pricing? QA? COA? QC? Manufacturing standards, facilities?

Edited by cnorwood, 29 May 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#140 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hotmail for boosting your professional image, the new standard in customer communication awareness.... [huh]

#141 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

I love drive by forum spammers....they somehow brighten the mood at imminst [lol]

it's like those new volkswagon commercials where someone yells out the price of a new VW really fast and keeps driving.

#142 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

Hi everyone,

as many of you know, we do some promotions at eBay. We have generally been targeting individual bottles weekly to help promote our product. We generally start the auction out at no reserve. We are now testing how retailers who are interested in private labeling, react to an eBay offer with a reserve at cost for 300mg capsules.

We are trying something a bit new here, so I am excited.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am not putting this in the sheet as it is a large amount of capsules, and most individuals will simply not be interested, but I think some mom-pop nutritional shops may be interested. Lets see what happens.

Anthony

[Update: the capsules didn't sell, I suppose a wholesale mom-pop supplement market may not be ready for this yet.]

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 13 June 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#143 rwoodin

• 67 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

Mega Resveratrol has started offering 99% pure resveratrol. I've ordered some and will comment when I receive it. I have some of their 98% resveratrol - it is an off white to beige in color and I'm happy with it. Mega Resveratrol actually cut me a $50.00 discount on my 99% resveratrol order for informing them of a text display problem with their website. Nice Guys !

#144 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:58 AM

Hi everyone,

as many of you know, we do some promotions at eBay. We have generally been targeting individual bottles weekly to help promote our product. We generally start the auction out at no reserve. We are now testing how retailers who are interested in private labeling, react to an eBay offer with a reserve at cost for 300mg capsules.

I am not putting this in the sheet as it is a large amount of capsules, and most individuals will simply not be interested, but I think some mom-pop nutritional shops may be interested. Lets see what happens.

Anthony

Better idea. Go viral. Multilevel! You can solicit Mary Kay agents...

#145 liuzjjcn

• 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:34 AM

We can provide high-quality 98% of the natural resveratrol, the yield on 500kg/ month;
email:spamspamspam@hotmail.com

Pricing? QA? COA? QC? Manufacturing standards, facilities?

You want "Pricing? QA? COA? QC? Manufacturing stan dards, facilities, "I will be sent to your mail inside. Please send your e-mail address to me. Thank you!

#146 liuzjjcn

• 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:37 AM

My mail address is the user name plus "hotmail.com" Thank you!

#147 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Whole Health has another product not listed:
Extra Strength Resveratrol

This product claims to have 325mg capsules filled with 325mg of trans-resveratrol. 100% t-res extract????
Oh well the cost listed per g of trans-resv was: 2.29$/g t-res

By the way, do you have a COA anthony?

Cheers.

#148 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

Lucid,

as always, just send me an email to anthony @ revgenetics.com and I will provide it.
Lucid let me also put this new product on the price watch list.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

#149 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

By any chance are you trying to sell out your RSV biz?

Alex

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#150 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

Hi Alex,

nope, we are seeing if producing capsules for private labels can benefit us, and we are testing response using capsules at cost without labeling/bottling.

We still produce our 500mg capsules for retail to the general public. I also invite you to join RevGenetics at the Las Vegas Natural Products Conference this July 20-22.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users