Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Diamond V XPC.

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#241 flobbest

• 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

flobbest, I've noticed no effects in the 2 days I've taken it. The only things I notice are that I like the taste, and my mouth or lips seem to itch after I take it - not enough to conclude its an allergy though.

About sleep... when people report they have more vivd dreams (from any substance) I think it's incorrect to conclude they are having better sleep. If dreams are better remembered it could be that you're having less slow wave sleep, and therefore worse sleep. As someone who has a lot of trouble with daytime mental fatigue and fragmented nighttime sleep, I'm always hoping for something that helps. I'll be sure to report any effects in this area. But I'm not holding my breath.

One final thing, isn't one of the purported benefits of brewer's yeast (and by extension Diamond V) vitamin B-21? B12 supplementation is frequently recommended to improve fatigue or sleep. So, it might be worth comparing this product to B12 (sublingual) to see which is actually working, if any. In my case, although my B12 level was low, supplementation did not help with fatigue.

Mouser, I was thinking the same thing about the frequency of "remembered dreams" noted by several posters. Having suffered from insomnia for about a decade now I have educated myself on the subject of sleep, or lack there of. However, like many, I'm willing to try most anything to achieve the elusive slumber that some fortunate souls enjoy (like my sleeping log wife).

I revieved my Diamond XPC from ebay yesterday, Feb 19th. It smells just like the feed store. I'll post results in a couple of weeks. Over......Frank.

#242 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

Anecdotal info about Diamond V XPC

My father just retired(he's 65), and I was really worried about him.
He almost seemed like he was going downhill. He was very tired,
wouldn't eat, wouldn't leave the house at all, etc.

He's doing a lot better now after taking this stuff for a few weeks.

It's too bad my dad won't take supplements, except for a single multivit.

But this is Great Stuff!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 TexasRoger

• 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

Report on that factory workers had to do with sniffing "Diamond V XPC", not EpiCor. Are they the same?
Diamond V XPC is very cheap and you can share it with your pet.
I thought that sellers of supplements cannot claim health benefits. So this stuff is different because a seller at eBay states:
"XPC is good for:
Building Muscle
Losing Weight
Utilizing Protein more Effectively
Improves Gastrointestinal Health

"Facilitates and increases the growth of the existing beneficial bacteria flora"

Improves fiber digestion

Muscle Gain

Improves protein digestion

Has high levels of Squalene – a steroid precursor

Increases Glutathione – increases longevity

Improves Bone Health

"[This product allows for] proper utilization of phosphorus, which is essential for bone health"

Prevents Colds

Prevents the Flu

Helps those individuals with Autoimmune Diseases

"keeps your immune system balanced without over stimulation"

Improves Autoimmune Problems:

Type 1 Diabetes

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)

Graves Disease

Improves Chronic Allergy Conditions

May help with the congenital disease (RP) Retinitis Pigmentosa

Increases NK (Natural Killer) cell activity by four

Kills Pathogens

Kills Cancer Cells

Improved ratio of Immune Helper Cells to Suppressor Cells

Activates immune cells

Produces Antibodies – higher levels of antibodies indicate the immune system is working more effectively

Increases your Defense against Pathogens

Increases IgA – "[the product produces] astoundingly higher levels of IgA"

IgA helps to kill

Viruses

Bacteria

Tumor Cells
Recovering from Injury
Improves Chronic Allergy Conditions"

WOW!. We can throw out all other suplements and vitamins and just take this thing (of which there is only 1 published paper).

The above must sound unbelievable to most, but as a consumer of Diamond V XPC for about 18 months, I can only relate my experiences. In past winters I usually lost my voice at least once, and suffered from various allergies, although I never caught a cold or had the flu (never took a flu shot). For the last two winters my allergies subsided to almost nothing and I never even had the sniffles or a cough or anything resembling an illness. Last August a dermatologist biopsied a growth I'd had for about 30 ears on the side of my nose, near my eye. He determined that it was malignant (basal cell) and scheduled me for Moh's surgery and reconstructive surgery afterwards. However, before my appointment this growth (which had been changing its shape -- the reason for my visit) completely disappeared. I cancelled the surgery and retured to the dermatologist, who was incredulous. I can't say for certain that XPC caused this, but it's the only thing I changed, and the growth had been there for decades prior to my commencing taking XPC. My blood, chemistry, lipids and other lab tests have improved immensely, and my C-reactive protein test, a measure of inflammation in the body, was .130 at my last testing. I'm 73 and have never felt more energized. The only side effect I've noticed is that I now dream every night, and my dreams are much more vivid than they were in the past.

#244 Mouser

• 81 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

15 days in and nothing to report. Have been taking between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon all at once every day. Allergies, sleep, energy all seem the same. Have noticed a slight lifting in mood, but that is more likely due to warmer weather and longer days. Planning to keep on it.

#245 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

I have a very good immune system and get sick maybe once every 1-3 years, LITERALLY. I don't have allergies or anything of the likes. I have some posts on this thread awhile back when I was on an insane binge to try any and every thing to be a supreme being :)

I can attest that taking this stuff actually caused allergies to come about, and I got sick. I then quit taking the stuff.

I believe that it does stimulate the immune response, but if one already has a top-notch immune system, it may "overstimulate" it for the worse. About 1-3 days (if I remember correctly) after cessation, everything returned back to normal.

Bottom line, this stuff may do wonders for those whose immune systems are average or below average, but it may do more harm than good for those with genetically gifted immune systems.

#246 stayin_alive

• Topic Starter
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

This being the allergy season (sniff, sniff, cough, achoo!) I wonder if any one using Diamond V XPC or epicor has found relief, or lessening of allergic reactions that may be attributed to the supplement. And if people ceased using it and if so why?

#247 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

I have a very good immune system and get sick maybe once every 1-3 years, LITERALLY. I don't have allergies or anything of the likes. I have some posts on this thread awhile back when I was on an insane binge to try any and every thing to be a supreme being ;)

I can attest that taking this stuff actually caused allergies to come about, and I got sick. I then quit taking the stuff.

I believe that it does stimulate the immune response, but if one already has a top-notch immune system, it may "overstimulate" it for the worse. About 1-3 days (if I remember correctly) after cessation, everything returned back to normal.

Bottom line, this stuff may do wonders for those whose immune systems are average or below average, but it may do more harm than good for those with genetically gifted immune systems.

I agree with you 100%. I've been taking the organic Diamond V XPC daily for over a year. My mild seasonal allergy went away and never got sick from the cold or flu while everyone in my family got sick 3-4 times. I also experienced the deep rested sleep and waking up full of energy. I thought that i would be taking this stuff for the rest of my life until the beginning of the 13th month I started getting allergy symptoms again - sneezing, runny nose and waking up with sore throat. I then decided to increase the dose and add other antioxidants (astaxanthin, fibroboost, ecgc, etc) and my allergies wouldnt go away. Then i decided to take a break and stop everything thinking that i was taking too much stuff. I always believe that old adage about "too much of a good thing.." About 2 days later i was fine. At that point i still had about 3 lbs left of the the epicor. I didn't want to waste it so i had to be sure that it was indeed the epicor that's making my allergies return. I started to experiment with the frequency and the dose 4 more times, each time my allergies would flare up. Still not wanting to waste the product, i started taking it again after a month long break. And what do you know... no allergies! So now i take it about twice a week or whenever i remember to take it. It's been working fine. I get the benefit of good sleep with no allergies.

Edited by ironchet, 13 March 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#248 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I get the benefit of good sleep with no allergies.

What time of the day do you take it when you get the good sleep benefits?

#249 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

I get the benefit of good sleep with no allergies.

What time of the day do you take it when you get the good sleep benefits?

Usually early morning. 1 teaspoon mixed with almond choc milk.

#250 Mouser

• 81 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:09 AM

The varied reports people are posting are starting to sound like there could be nothing at all going on with this stuff. In my experience the only thing I can really report is the first few times I took it the corners of my mouth itched. Was it caused by the Diamond V? Can't say. One other possible effect is that any small cuts or scrapes I get are more red and inflamed, as if a larger immune response is going on. And that's not in a good way, these little cuts aren't the kind where you'd expect to have any type of infection.

Edited by Mouser, 14 March 2009 - 02:11 AM.

#251 flobbest

• 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

OK, I've been taking this stuff for 1 month now, 1 teaspoon twice daily with meals. The only thing I've noticed is more frequent remembered dreams, which does not necessarily mean that it's better sleep. I don't have alergies or anythng else. My only nemesis is really lousy sleep and was my sole reason for taking this stuff. I haven't been sleeping any better with it so I stopped taking it today. Will report back if I notice any changes.....Frank.

Edited by flobbest, 23 March 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#252 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

OK, I've been taking this stuff for 1 month now, 1 teaspoon twice daily with meals. The only thing I've noticed is more frequent remembered dreams, which does not necessarily mean that it's better sleep. I don't have alergies or anythng else. My only nemesis is really lousy sleep and was my sole reason for taking this stuff. I haven't been sleeping any better with it so I stopped taking it today. Will report back if I notice any changes.....Frank.

Up your dose to 1 tablespoon twice a day. When given as feed, cows consume volumes of this stuff. I eat about 6 per day and I always sleep better.

#253 sierragoldie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Anecdotal note from a cancer fighter. I am two and a half years out from a diagnosis of Ovarian cancer stage 3c. I've had several infusions of about five different chemos. To keep my HGB and red and white blood cells healthy enough to have the chemo I would have to have injections of Procrit and Neupogen almost every week. (One of my physicians said that those drugs do help in the production of blood cells, however, they also encourage the cancer.)After I read Dr. Williams newsletter, I ordered some XPC Green on Ebay and have taken a Tablespoon in yoghert nearly every day since January of 2008. I have been able to avoid those shots since then.
'
It hasn't turned me into superwoman, or cured my head cold, but we'll see how long I can keep my immune system healthy enough to withstand the effects of the chemo. :)

#254 pandabeartx

• 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

So does anyone know who carries the animal product diamond V XPC? Can you get it from any veterian? Having been in the ranching business for previous years I am having diffulculty in finding this now that i have moved to a new area. :)

Try a feed store. We have found a couple that are willing to order it for us, however only in 50 lb. bags. :)

#255 JoL

• 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

I must say that my hayfever has come to a complete halt since using EpiCor. Normally this time of year my eyes are red, itchy and swollen and I sneeze like 100 times per day. This year : nothing, nada, not even a sniff !

#256 South Bay Man

• 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

It's likely any brewer's yeast powder would be equally effective, no?

No. Although the yeast used in EpiCor and Diamond V XPC is the same strain used by brewers and bakers (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), it is grown in special reactors under "stressed" conditions, using Diamond V's proprietary process, giving it additional immune-boosting properties that ordinary brewer's yeast doesn't have.

Edited by South Bay Man, 04 June 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#257 South Bay Man

• 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, the breathing it rather than ingesting it really through me off as well. Unless, maybe they all had some sort of weird ritual and ate it everyday in a special ceremony or something? :|o

Animal feed processing operations are usually fairly dusty. Wherever Diamond V is mixing the yeast with the corn meal or bagging it, there's sure to be lots of yeast dust floating in the air. Unless one is constantly wearing a respirator mask in the plant, breathing the yeast dust is unavoidable.

#258 South Bay Man

• 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

So does anyone know who carries the animal product diamond V XPC? Can you get it from any veterian? Having been in the ranching business for previous years I am having diffulculty in finding this now that i have moved to a new area. :|o

Try a feed store. We have found a couple that are willing to order it for us, however only in 50 lb. bags. :)

Plan on splitting it up with friends and family, or selling the excess. According to Diamond V, the shelf life of XPC is about two years at room temperature. At the rate of consumption recommended by Dr. David G. Williams, you only need about two pounds per person before the stale date is reached. Therefore, a 50-pound bag will break down into 25 two-pound units. (One may be able to store it longer if it is in sealed bags with dry, inert atmosphere, e.g., dry nitrogen or carbon dioxide, and kept cool or in a freezer, but I have no information on that.) By the way, don't call Diamond V on it. I did, a couple of years ago; they were shocked that I would even consider consuming XPC and refused to talk to me any further.

Edited by South Bay Man, 04 June 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#259 South Bay Man

• 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

I must say that my hayfever has come to a complete halt since using EpiCor. Normally this time of year my eyes are red, itchy and swollen and I sneeze like 100 times per day. This year : nothing, nada, not even a sniff !

I've been taking XPC irregularly for a couple of years now. The results in the winter of 2007-2008 were inconclusive: I had just experience the death of a parent in August 2007 and was emotionally depressed and stressed. As a result, I had all kinds of ailments through the spring of 2008, into the summer. After a hiatus of several months, I began taking XPC regularly again, around November 2008, and continue to do so until the present. Even though I've had problems with itchy eyes and sneezing -- and everyone else I know in this area has, too -- this is the first year in memory (I'm 54 now) that I've gotten through an entire winter and spring with no colds, no flu. There were several times during the winter that I felt my body was fighting an infection, but in all those instances it never fully manifested itself. I think the stuff really works, as long as one gets a reasonable amount of rest at night and doesn't have severe stress factors in one's life. I use about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon in my oatmeal porridge every morning, added at the end and stirred in well, so as not to risk destroying its beneficial properties by cooking. I also think that if everyone in America used XPC, all that hysteria about swine flu would be a non-issue.

Edited by South Bay Man, 04 June 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#260 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

My supply was running low, and I looked just now.

Did anyone else notice ?
All but one seller of Diamond V XPC has disappeared from ebay.
I wonder if Diamond V leaned on them.

#261 Zeb

• 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone else notice ?

Your suspicion is correct. I got a mail from my supplier a couple of weeks ago telling me they were going to cease their operation because Diamond V were on their ass and didn't want anyone to repackage their products. :-(

#262 South Bay Man

• 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

Did anyone else notice ?

Your suspicion is correct. I got a mail from my supplier a couple of weeks ago telling me they were going to cease their operation because Diamond V were on their ass and didn't want anyone to repackage their products. :-(

How can they stop it? The stuff is a commodity, sold on the open market. There's nothing preventing you from going into a feed and seed store and buying it or having them order it for you. If you look like a city slicker and they ask questions, tell 'em it's for your kid's 4H project, or some other plausible story. Who's going to prove otherwise? The only issue, then, is what to do with a 50-pound sack. If a few friends get together on the deal and split it, you don't need to worry about it going stale and you don't need eBay or any other auction site at all. :|o

#263 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

How can they stop it? The stuff is a commodity, sold on the open market. There's nothing preventing you from going into a feed and seed store and buying it or having them order it for you. If you look like a city slicker and they ask questions, tell 'em it's for your kid's 4H project, or some other plausible story. Who's going to prove otherwise? The only issue, then, is what to do with a 50-pound sack. If a few friends get together on the deal and split it, you don't need to worry about it going stale and you don't need eBay or any other auction site at all. :|o

They won't stop it. It'll just be less convenient.

#264 cc34

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

I've been taking Diamond V XPC for about a year now. Health benefits were amazing, over that course of a year, never did i ONCE get sick (usually i get the flu or some other illness with the changing of the seasons). HOWEVER, i recently have been battling a very very stubborn fungal infection, the cause- an overgrowth of yeast on my skin. The technical term is pityrosporum folliculitis. I just recently made the connection between XPC (the XPC is yeast) and my infection, is it possible that the XPC is causing this?? I would just like to know if any other long-time XPC users have had any problems related to this issue...

#265 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:17 AM

Not me. On the contrary, my athlete's foot disappeared when I started taking this stuff.

#266 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

I never used the Diamond product exactly, but did try Epicor around a year ago. Also at one time used New Chapter's Every Man (brewer's yeast based) and recently have been using a yeast probiotic (Saccharomyces Boulardii). It may be pure coincidence, but each time, my seborrhea became noticeably worse. From under control (not present really) to being annoying and itchy.

Yeast build up on the skin is theorized to make seborrhea worse, so perhaps that's the cause in my case.

Edited by nameless, 27 June 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#267 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

I never used the Diamond product exactly, but did try Epicor around a year ago. Also at one time used New Chapter's Every Man (brewer's yeast based) and recently have been using a yeast probiotic (Saccharomyces Boulardii). It may be pure coincidence, but each time, my seborrhea became noticeably worse. From under control (not present really) to being annoying and itchy.

HOWEVER, i recently have been battling a very very stubborn fungal infection, the cause- an overgrowth of yeast on my skin.

That's pretty interesting. It's interesting that dead yeast is able to promote yeast infections.
Maybe it's not so dead after all. Perhaps stopping all yeast products for a bit might help ?

#268 johnyq

• 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

HOWEVER, i recently have been battling a very very stubborn fungal infection, the cause- an overgrowth of yeast on my skin.

That's pretty interesting. It's interesting that dead yeast is able to promote yeast infections.
Maybe it's not so dead after all. Perhaps stopping all yeast products for a bit might help ?

The yest is not necessarily dead, just like dehydrated bread yeast is ready to go. I will admit that I do not what degree of processing this product goes through, so maybe they do kill them.

I also don't see how this yeast could in any way contribute to yeast infections of the skin. They are completely different strains.

Edited by johnyq, 27 June 2009 - 03:54 AM.

#269 moose

• 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:29 AM

Did anyone else notice ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#270 moose

• 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:36 AM

A good source for Diamond VXPC can be found at this site.
http://www.backyardf...vxpcyecu2b.html
The yeast is shipped in a vacuum package directly from the manufacturer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users