- - - - -

Sore Muscles.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

Is there a difference between a dry and a steamy sauna?

A dry sauna is the same as an infrared sauna, as far as I know.

#32 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:12 AM

epson salt bath at hottest temp you can stand - A bag of epson salt, not just a little.

While in bath, move that part where you are sore. Massage that part if you can, while moving it...

This is what I do, and I don't feel "relieved" but, if i don't do that, I feel far more sore.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

Is there a difference between a dry and a steamy sauna?

I would use a steam sauna as the heat shock is greater due to the moisture content. It feels VERY hot, almost unbearable.

kindof like when it's humid outside and hot it feels hotter than it actually is.

#34 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:00 AM

ibuprofen just works better...

Unless the inflammation is of the teeth or anything to do with the mouth region. Aspirin is the best for this type of pain and inflammation. It even works better than vicodin for the pain.

every person, doctor and nurse i know disagrees with you

Did you just call all of them up? Is this a question that you asked them before? How exactly did you ask them?

#35 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:05 AM

"It is preferable not to use aspirin because of the risk of bleeding during dental treatment.

During dental treatment? I'm talking about after.

less risk of bleeding than aspirin. NSAIDs should be avoided

Again, this is before or during treatment. I'm talking about after. I thought you would've known this.

asthma or a history of stomach problems because they may worsen these problems."

I'm talking about inflammation of the mouth and teeth. The asthma has nothing to do with it. But hey, if you did have asthma, looks like you would need something 'not as good'. Sounds about right. ;)

#36 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:14 AM

I"m not a doctor but I recommend two glasses of wine and a few hours with a cute brunette massage therapist.

This is what I meant Live Forever! See it doesn't matter if it is a cute brunette or not, just that it is a massage therapist. Unless the person you are recommending this to is single, and you specify a single cute brunette massage therapist ;) But of course I'm for massages that are professional --they'd not be considered a sexual 'kick' or benefit though if one is in a relationship (i.e. not looking, and the other person is verified as single)--and especially I'm for massages that are given out of love, in dating relationships or marriages.

#37 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:45 AM

"It is preferable not to use aspirin because of the risk of bleeding during dental treatment. 

During dental treatment? I'm talking about after.

Nothing in your post states that you were refering only to "after" a dental treatment:

Unless the inflammation is of the teeth or anything to do with the mouth region. Aspirin is the best for this type of pain and inflammation. It even works better than vicodin for the pain.

I personally was talking about BEFORE treatment (and likely was the person that was quoted as what you take BEFORE a dental procedure can affect the procedure... not likely they were given aspirin during a dental visit). Doesn't matter though as it still doesn't make aspirin a better choice. And from personal experience I know aspirin is worthless in normal dosage for any real inflammation.

... more silly nonsense ...

Use what you want, as you seem to prefer to read only what you want to see.

Edited by frankbuzin, 27 September 2007 - 03:12 AM.

#38 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:46 AM

I"m not a doctor but I recommend two glasses of wine and a few hours with a cute brunette massage therapist.

This is what I meant Live Forever! See it doesn't matter if it is a cute brunette or not, just that it is a massage therapist. Unless the person you are recommending this to is single, and you specify a single cute brunette massage therapist ;) But of course I'm for massages that are professional --they'd not be considered a sexual 'kick' or benefit though if one is in a relationship (i.e. not looking, and the other person is verified as single)--and especially I'm for massages that are given out of love, in dating relationships or marriages.

Perhaps you are right, and perhaps it is shallow of me, but I would much rather get a massage from a cute brunette (or any hair color for that matter) than from a male. Its not that I would especially mind getting one from a male, but I would just enjoy it from a cute female more. ;)) That being said, it was just a joke and I knew maestro wasn't actually suggesting that I do that. (plus I have seen you mention things about cute guys before, there is nothing sexist about mentioning what you are attracted to) Plus, I think if you took a poll of people, they would say there is something sensual about massages, there is no getting around it. Otherwise, they wouldn't be selling products like you mentioned above, so I don't see the harm in saying that you would prefer an attractive member of the sex that you are attracted to (for me it is the opposite sex) for something that most people consider a sensual activity.

#39 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:01 AM

Sweet, another day passes where Shepard managed to not offend our female population.

#40 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

every person, doctor and nurse i know disagrees with you

Did you just call all of them up? Is this a question that you asked them before? How exactly did you ask them?

i live with a nurse, friends that are doctors, and have always been told by doctors and my chiro to use it?

#41 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

I think if you took a poll of people, they would say there is something sensual about massages, there is no getting around it.

Warning...typical male language in link
Pulp Fiction Massage Dialogue

Sums it up perfectly...

#42 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

Sums it up perfectly...

That's an interesting point.

LF. Here's your cute brunette (master) massage therapist. Perhaps you can have him over for burgers and you two can read scripture together. [tung]

Posted Image

#43 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

LF.  Here's your cute brunette (master) massage therapist.  Perhaps you can have him over for burgers and you two can read scripture together. [tung]

Posted Image

I hear his partner gives good foot massages. ;))

(I've actually got a huge movie poster, like 60"x48", of him and JT from the movie with their guns drawn hanging in my living room; Great movie.)

#44 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

(I've actually got a huge movie poster, like 60"x48", of him and JT from the movie with their guns drawn hanging in my living room; Great movie.)

The black and white one? I think every unmarried guy has that one in his living room.

Edit: Pronoun-antecedent error. My old English teachers would be sorely disappointed.

Edited by shepard, 27 September 2007 - 07:52 PM.

#45 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

Shepard--you are too funny! Since when do you offend the female population ;) wait, don't answer...(there are some debates I just can't get into on ImmInst ;) )

Awe yes, massage can be non 'sensual' , you can have large, older hired professionals massaging your sore muscles, and it is not 'sexual' guess it depends on your definitions because it could still be 'sensual'...

See-- unmarried guys--need cute brunette single women, to give a massage to them--all the interactions they have with single women increases the odds of them finding a loving caring life partner, so they can therefore live longer :)

#46 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

The black and white one? I think every unmarried guy has that one in his living room.

Yes, it is spectacular. I also have a Beatles Abbey Road one, a Clockwork Orange one, and a Reservoir Dogs one. (the latter two in my bedroom) If I had more room, I would hang some more up, but I have silly things like a framed diploma and a family picture hanging up that takes up all the space.

#47 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:38 AM

See-- unmarried guys--need cute brunette single women, to give a massage to them--

[:o]

[huh]

#48 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:09 PM

ok, a single guy can have a cute, whatever he finds as cute--yet also is single, man or woman give him a massage, so the possibility if flirting and hooking up will apply.... (vs. the single man getting a woman, or man in a relationship--that isn't as fun, no possibility of 'hooking up') ah well, not every time a guy is enjoying a cute woman (or man) does it mean that they want to date... it just seems that usually men are looking for openings (or women, with other men or women)

#49 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

Sorry, did somebody say somehing about ibuprofen? [tung]

#50 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

I should not be spiralling so far out of the "off topic zone", but I must. My chiropractor is hot. I had to tell someone, it's been over a year. She's very petite, and well, attractive. And even with all the interesting things we have to talk about, I wouldn't ever present myself or even poke around as a date to a doctor, nurse, therapist....it just seems so tired.

#51 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

massages are good for muscles, so that is on-topic ;) and if the chiropractor is single, and you are single, then flirting can be fun ;)

#52 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

See-- unmarried guys--need cute brunette single women, to give a massage to them--all the interactions they have with single women increases the odds of them finding a loving caring life partner, so they can therefore live longer smile.gif

[lol] unfortunately, there are a limited # of "cute brunettes" to go around. [cry]

especially tall ones. [sfty]

I like to get massages from attractive women. It usually help my post workout soreness a little. Although it's certainly not cheap.

#53 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

See-- unmarried guys--need cute brunette single women, to give a massage to them--all the interactions they have with single women increases the odds of them finding a loving caring life partner, so they can therefore live longer smile.gif

[lol] unfortunately, there are a limited # of "cute brunettes" to go around. [cry]

especially tall ones. [sfty]

I like to get massages from attractive women. It usually help my post workout soreness a little. Although it's certainly not cheap.

Its a bit more if you get a happy ending. (...so I hear.)

#54 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

unfortunately, there are a limited # of "cute brunettes" to go around.  [cry]

Live to 100 and you'll have a female:male ratio of 7:1.

#55 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:26 PM

Live to 100 and you'll have a female:male ratio of 7:1.

Why wait till then to get in on some of that hot 100 year old action? [tung]

#56 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:47 PM

but then at a 100 you won't get many 'happy endings'

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#57 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

but then at a 100 you won't get many 'happy endings'

Unless you use the power of the little blue pill. [sfty]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users