* * * * * 6 votes

Resveratrol Side Effects, good and bad

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#421 gomesbs

• 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hi!

I have also the same doubt! I was diagnosed with AS too... All my family from my mother's side is HLAB27 positive, but I'm the only one diagnosed with AS.

In 2007 I had an uveitis flare, but only in 2008 started in resveratrol, In late 2009 I had a strong arthritis flare I barely could move, fortunately I recovered greatly, but not completely. I have some pain on my knee, but my left eye has recurrent uveitis...

I had my first signal (uveitis) before Res but I'm not sure if it contributed to the onset of joints symptoms... I stopped res when I had the strong joint flare, but when I restarted it seemed to help to alleviate symptoms.

Now I'm using it,but not sure if I should stop ,now that I was diagnosed since it may alleviate my symptoms...

I see that gomesbs is still participating on this forum, so I thought I would post a link that may be of interest. I note that one of the mechanisms suspected in AS is tumor necrosis factor alpha. Some of the treatments for AS, such as etanercept, specifically target this cytokine. There are other TNF inhibitors used in AS therapy.

Here is a report that resveratrol suppresses cytokines, including TNF alpha, in human patients:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23557933

I'm not sure that this makes resveratrol the therapy of choice for AS, but at least this study seems to show that resveratrol moves cytokine production in the right direction.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#422 gomesbs

• 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hi!

I have also the same doubt! I was diagnosed with AS too... All my family from my mother's side is HLAB27 positive, but I'm the only one diagnosed with AS.

In 2007 I had an uveitis flare, but only in 2008 started in resveratrol, In late 2009 I had a strong arthritis flare I barely could move, fortunately I recovered greatly, but not completely. I have some pain on my knee, but my left eye has recurrent uveitis...

I had my first signal (uveitis) before Res but I'm not sure if it contributed to the onset of joints symptoms... I stopped res when I had the strong joint flare, but when I restarted it seemed to help to alleviate symptoms.

Now I'm using it,but not sure if I should stop ,now that I was diagnosed since it may alleviate my symptoms...

I see that gomesbs is still participating on this forum, so I thought I would post a link that may be of interest. I note that one of the mechanisms suspected in AS is tumor necrosis factor alpha. Some of the treatments for AS, such as etanercept, specifically target this cytokine. There are other TNF inhibitors used in AS therapy.

Here is a report that resveratrol suppresses cytokines, including TNF alpha, in human patients:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23557933

I'm not sure that this makes resveratrol the therapy of choice for AS, but at least this study seems to show that resveratrol moves cytokine production in the right direction.

Hi!

Thanks CudBwrong!

My joints have been great in the past 2 years with resveratrol supplementation.... off course the main reason could be from the disease itself, which behaves differently from people to people. The only inflammation I had recently was an uveitis (eye inflammation) but was triggered by a soccer ball on the face. My immune system reacted that way, signalling that maybe the underlying problem still remains active

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users