Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Resveratrol Side Effects, good and bad

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#121 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

I started taking Resveratrol ~1 week ago. I odered the X500 (99% pure) from Revgenetics and actually recieved it faster than expected.

I am 5'10, ~160lbs. I cycle 100-200 miles a week and work out with weights 6 times a week.

I am taking 1.5 grams every morning. About 2 hours a\fter taking the Resveratrol I eat breakfast.

So far I have noticed no positive effects from taking the supplement - not that I was expecting an instant or night and day difference.

The one side effect I am going to attribute to the Resveratrol is more vivid dreams. Have not seen anyone else report this.

The one other thing I have noticed is that I seem to be recovering from my workouts slower than I used to. But I have recently added a leg work out when hitting the weights so can't say that the increased recovery time is due to the resveratrol.

I am going to continue to take it and am debating moving up to 2 grams daily.

If you are in your 20's or 30's, and as athleticly active as you are, from what others have said, doing Resveratrol
at 1.5 grams might work against you. It appears from reports of others in that age group with intense physical routines that they get joint
pain and achilles tendon issues. Something to do with the anti inflammatory activity of res and the mechanism by which one recovers after
intense exercise. There are others here who can explain why scientifically, but it definitely is a pattern. Why don't you just
stick with 500 mg a day and see how you do on that. I think the older you are when you take Res, the more you notice it. the younger you are, the less you need it and the more issues you have with it. Definitely don't increase your dose. Reduce it. 500 to 1000 mg should be more than
enough. Try reducing it and see if your recovery time improves.

I am in my mid 30's.

Thanks for the suggestion missmini. I will give your suggestion a shot an reduce my dosage and see what happens.

As a side note I am taking no other supplments - except Vitamin C.

Being in fitness and weight training for the last year or so working with professional trainers....you, at the very least, need to be supplementing with fish oil, a good multi vitamin & 100% whey protein. Aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

Any weight trainer/gym rat/athlete/runner you run into, will generally always have a bottle of fish oil attached to their side. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it helps with joint pain and recovery from intense physical activity and training. (among many other benefits of fish oil)

Then a good multi to help replenish what you deplete your body of due to increased the physical activity/training.

And protein...well, I don't think I have to go into why ample protein is important to training of just everyday living.

I have a whole closet full of supplements, stacked top to bottom and fish oil, protein & a good multi is by far the most important to me. You're training intensity and recovery will improve immensely if you at the very least, supplement with the three that I mentioned. You really are doing your body an injustice by not doing so.

I'm 26 years old and when I really started getting into fitness two years ago, I started without any supplements and knowledge of such and I was miserable. As soon as I connected with a trainer friend of mine and started supplementing with some whey Protein, fish oil & a good multi.... my intensity, results, endurance, stamina increased 5 fold..... really a night and day difference for me personally.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. ;o)

Edited by jCole, 05 August 2008 - 02:28 PM.

#122 Meenute

• 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

I've read further about Chelation of Copper and resveratrol. (and God know what other kind of mineral and metal chelation) Be very careful, as copper is importation to your vascular system and heart etc. I am a women and I require more minerals, so maybe that is why I noticed this early on. None the less...I do not think it is safe to say you doubt there is a connection to tendonitis etc., there needs to be studies done on this and for now, I am done being an uncontrolled guinea pig study.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 JayMass

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

I started taking Resveratrol ~1 week ago. I odered the X500 (99% pure) from Revgenetics and actually recieved it faster than expected.

I am 5'10, ~160lbs. I cycle 100-200 miles a week and work out with weights 6 times a week.

I am taking 1.5 grams every morning. About 2 hours a\fter taking the Resveratrol I eat breakfast.

So far I have noticed no positive effects from taking the supplement - not that I was expecting an instant or night and day difference.

The one side effect I am going to attribute to the Resveratrol is more vivid dreams. Have not seen anyone else report this.

The one other thing I have noticed is that I seem to be recovering from my workouts slower than I used to. But I have recently added a leg work out when hitting the weights so can't say that the increased recovery time is due to the resveratrol.

If you are in your 20's or 30's, and as athleticly active as you are, from what others have said, doing Resveratrol
at 1.5 grams might work against you. It appears from reports of others in that age group with intense physical routines that they get joint
pain and achilles tendon issues. Something to do with the anti inflammatory activity of res and the mechanism by which one recovers after
intense exercise. There are others here who can explain why scientifically, but it definitely is a pattern. Why don't you just
stick with 500 mg a day and see how you do on that. I think the older you are when you take Res, the more you notice it. the younger you are, the less you need it and the more issues you have with it. Definitely don't increase your dose. Reduce it. 500 to 1000 mg should be more than

I am in my mid 30's.

Thanks for the suggestion missmini. I will give your suggestion a shot an reduce my dosage and see what happens.

Being in fitness and weight training for the last year or so and working with professional trainers....you, at the very least, need to be supplementing with fish oil, a good multi vitamin & 100% whey protein. Aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

Any weight trainer/gym rat/athlete/runner you run into, will always have a bottle of fish oil attached to their side. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it helps with joint pain and recovery from intense physical activity and training. (among many other benefits of fish oil)

Then a good multi to help replenish what you deplete your body of due to increased the physical activity/training.

And protein...well, I don't think I have to go into why ample protein is important to training of just everyday living.

I haae a whole closet full of supplements, stacked top to bottom and fish oil, protein & a good multi is by far the most important. You're training intensity and recovery will improve immensely if you at the very least, supplement with the three that I mentioned. You really are doing your body an injustice by not doing so.

I do get plenty of Vitamins and Minerals through dietary sources - I just don't take a seperate vitamin. I have added the vitamin C as I believe the sources I am getting the rest of my vitamins and minerals from a a bit light in with C.

I have been thinking about adding fish oil to my diet. Several years ago I tried it and noticed no results - positive or negative. But I am thinking about trying it again. Any suggestions on brand and dose?

I do not have any type of joint pain just muscle fatigue - esp in the legs due to riding at least 5 days a week (100 - 200 miles total) and then a short weight workout 3 days a week. Upper body generally has time to recover between workouts but the legs get no more than 1 day off a week.

#124 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

I am in my mid 30's.

Being in fitness and weight training for the last year or so and working with professional trainers....you, at the very least, need to be supplementing with fish oil, a good multi vitamin & 100% whey protein. Aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

Any weight trainer/gym rat/athlete/runner you run into, will always have a bottle of fish oil attached to their side. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it helps with joint pain and recovery from intense physical activity and training. (among many other benefits of fish oil)

I haae a whole closet full of supplements, stacked top to bottom and fish oil, protein & a good multi is by far the most important. You're training intensity and recovery will improve immensely if you at the very least, supplement with the three that I mentioned. You really are doing your body an injustice by not doing so.

I do get plenty of Vitamins and Minerals through dietary sources - I just don't take a seperate vitamin. I have added the vitamin C as I believe the sources I am getting the rest of my vitamins and minerals from a a bit light in with C.

I have been thinking about adding fish oil to my diet. Several years ago I tried it and noticed no results - positive or negative. But I am thinking about trying it again. Any suggestions on brand and dose?

I do not have any type of joint pain just muscle fatigue - esp in the legs due to riding at least 5 days a week (100 - 200 miles total) and then a short weight workout 3 days a week. Upper body generally has time to recover between workouts but the legs get no more than 1 day off a week.

Anything from optimum nutrition. They make high quality, no nonsense supps.

This is what I use.... decently priced too.

http://www.bulknutri...?products_id=44

#125 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

I believe the issue with Arthritis and Achilles issues is unfounded.

See thread below and read through it:
http://www.imminst.o...ain-t19301.html

We also have at least 2 people on the board who work out (one is a weight lifter) that believes they have seen positive increases with res. The suggestion is to start at 500mg, and increase it weekly. Remember about platelet aggregation, so if you do get hurt, your recovery time will likely be longer. But Arthritis and Achilles... sorry, those are not likely.

A

Anthony-

I jumped up to 1.5 grams the second day. Are you suggesting I stick with my current does or that I drop down and work my way back up, or...?

A bit off topic but why do only recommend 1 500mg does per 50lbs of body weight on your website on bottle?

Thanks.

We reccomend starting at 500mg, and if you plan to increase the amount, to increase the dosage weekly up to a maximum of 500mg/per 50lbs of body weight. We actually started this because of 50% res, and loose stools last year. Some people are affected more than others, and we didn't want them to be "surprised" if they took alot of the 50% on the first day. With the 99% res we are much more relaxed on this, as very few folks have issues with loose stools on the 99%. If you are ok with your current intake, because of stomach issues, I don't see any issues.

We recommend this dose (500mn/50lbs) as a maximum dose, because we believe it is entirely safe for a healthy individual, specially after reviewing the Boocock study regarding absorption.

Just remember, it is possible that your recover time will likely be affected.

A

#126 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hmmm, bulknutrition is out of stock, but you could go to your local GNC and pick some ON Fish Oil.

Edited by jCole, 05 August 2008 - 02:38 PM.

#127 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

From trainers I know and have worked with they all seem to feel that legs should only be worked every two days.
They need more recovery time and doing them everyday is actually not allowing them that time.
Now maybe this opinion has changed in recent years, but every body builder and trainer I knew always said that. Upper body can do
everyday. Lower, twice a week. This is referring to weight training. Not bike riding.

#128 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

I've read further about Chelation of Copper and resveratrol. (and God know what other kind of mineral and metal chelation) Be very careful, as copper is importation to your vascular system and heart etc. I am a women and I require more minerals, so maybe that is why I noticed this early on. None the less...I do not think it is safe to say you doubt there is a connection to tendonitis etc., there needs to be studies done on this and for now, I am done being an uncontrolled guinea pig study.

Did you ever switch to the 99% resveratrol after you mentioned your Zombie issues on another thread?

A

#129 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

From trainers I know and have worked with they all seem to feel that legs should only be worked every two days.
They need more recovery time and doing them everyday is actually not allowing them that time.
Now maybe this opinion has changed in recent years, but every body builder and trainer I knew always said that. Upper body can do
everyday. Lower, twice a week. This is referring to weight training. Not bike riding.

Spot on. One day on, one day off is how I cycle my weight training. I do cardio everyday tho.

Then every 7 weeks, I take a full week off from everything...cardio, weight training, supplements... allow my body to rest, detox and whatnot. All tho I still eat healthy...always.

#130 JayMass

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

My work out consists of 20-25 miles on the bike 5 days a week. The weekend bike ride varies.

Then every other day (3 days a week) I work the upper body rotated with lower body and core (also 3 days a week). 1 day a week is a rest day.

So when I say my legs don't get much of a break I am referencing the fact that I ride most days of the week with the leg workouts mixed in.

#131 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

My work out consists of 20-25 miles on the bike 5 days a week. The weekend bike ride varies.

Then every other day (3 days a week) I work the upper body rotated with lower body and core (also 3 days a week). 1 day a week is a rest day.

So when I say my legs don't get much of a break I am referencing the fact that I ride most days of the week with the leg workouts mixed in.

Trainers I know considered jump rope and bike riding a lower body workout when done for more than
a warm-up. 25 miles sounds like a lot more than a warm-up.
I also recall being told that there is a u-curve with aerobic exercise...past a certain point you are actually slowing down metabolism.
The more you do the less you burn because your body thinks it has to conserve energy to make the long haul.

ETA~thought this was interesting and apropos the discussion:

Edited by missminni, 05 August 2008 - 03:34 PM.

#132 JayMass

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

Trainers I know considered jump rope and bike riding a lower body workout when done for more than
I also recall being told that there is a u-curve with aerobic exercise...past a certain point you are actually slowing down metabolism.
The more you do the less you burn because your body thinks it has to conserve energy to make the long haul.

In biking you vary your workout - adjusting cadence, speed, etc. One of the sayings in biking is "you have to go slow to go fast" - meaning that not every day is a full out top speed ride. Some are a "leisurely" pace.

Edited by JayMass, 05 August 2008 - 03:34 PM.

#133 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

In biking you vary your workout - adjusting cadence, speed, etc. One of the sayings in biking is "you have to go slow to go fast" - meaning that not every day is a full out top speed ride. Some are a "leisurely" pace.

I see. so its factored in.

#134 JayMass

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

^^^ Plus one of the other differences (I believe) between running and cycling is the heart rate variance. On a bike there are hills to power up and coast down. In my case my heart rate varies by almost 100bpm. On a big hill I will hit a heart rate of 177-182 whereas during a coast my heart rate may drop as low as 77-82. During a 20 mile ride I average between 144-157 depending on the route I take.

I really hate running so I avoid it.

I have gone ahead and ordered the fish oil and will add that to my diet.

#135 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

^^^ Plus one of the other differences (I believe) between running and cycling is the heart rate variance. On a bike there are hills to power up and coast down. In my case my heart rate varies by almost 100bpm. On a big hill I will hit a heart rate of 177-182 whereas during a coast my heart rate may drop as low as 77-82. During a 20 mile ride I average between 144-157 depending on the route I take.

I really hate running so I avoid it.

I have gone ahead and ordered the fish oil and will add that to my diet.

I think the variance is the key. I agree.

#136 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

(snip)

It's even more complicated; not only do you train different body parts on different days, or different muscle groups, you train different muscle fibers on different days.

A club racer might do sprint intervals on Tuesday to train type II (fast twitch) fibers. Wednesday is for type I (slow twitch), two to four hours, not slow, not to fast on gently rolling terrain with a group. Thursday hill repeats, a hill thats 5 or 6% that takes 4 or 5 minutes to climb. This builds strength and works type IIa fibers -- fast twitch but with some mitochondria.
Friday is a rest day, but that means a slow ride, easy gear but fast cadence to clear breakdown products from the muscles. Saturday and Sunday would be race days, or fast group rides. 30 to 50 mile race, 50 to 100 mile group ride. Monday is a rest day, off the bike or a short easy ride, and weights, but high reps, low weight and rapid.

That is for in season. Base and build periods would have different protocols, but it's not so simple as a day on, then rest. Training for cycling is for a combination of strength, speed and endurance. Weight-lifting training protocols are either for pure strength, or for size and appearance.

None of these are necessarily ideal for maximum lifespan.

Resveratrol in higher doses induces the proliferation of mitochondria, which helps with endurance, possibly increasing muscle size, but probably not with pure strength. Increased number of mitochondria is characteristic of CR, and one would expect it to increase the quality of life with age, and possibly to be life-prolonging.

#137 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

MAX WATT,

THE RES IS WORKING!

I have lost 30 pounds in 2 years.
My endurance has increased.
Some of my grey hair is growing in black.
Thanks to You!

Bix

#138 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

Can anyone find a reference (other than a BS press release) that verifies that resveratrol depletes copper? All I can find on the subject is this.

Biol Trace Elem Res. 2007 Sep;118(3):250-4.
Resveratrol: is there any effect on healthy subject?
Kavas GO, Aribal-Kocatürk P, Büyükkağnici DI.
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathophysiology, Ankara University, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey.

This preliminary study was planned to investigate the effects of resveratrol on oxidative-nitrosative stress markers and on trace element concentrations in blood and on circulatory system parameters in rats. Twenty-five Sprague-Dawley male rats, 10-12 weeks old, with mean body weight of 295 g were used in the study. Administration of resveratrol (0.5 ml/day) was performed in experimental group in 10 days. In control (n = 10) and in experimental groups (n = 15), after 1 week training period, systolic arterial blood pressures and heart rates were recorded daily. At the end of the tenth day, blood samples of control and experimental groups were drawn. Total nitrite, nitrite, nitrate, malondialdehyde, copper, zinc concentrations in plasma, superoxide dismutase, and catalase activities and copper, zinc concentrations in red cell were determined both in control and experimental groups. Alterations in oxidative and nitrosative stress markers, trace element concentrations, and circulatory system parameters in experimental group compared to controls were observed. The results of this study were discussed according to the effect of resveratrol.

PMID: 17916928

From full text

With resveratrol treatment, significant increase in plasma and red cell copper and plasma zinc concentrations were also detected.

#139 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Caveats: The laxative effect reported by a few may be due to the emodin in 50% formulations. Tendinitis and arthritis may result from an incresae in activity from an increase in mood/energy/aggression.

10 grams of 98% pure caused no laxitive effect.

#140 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

Can anyone find a reference (other than a BS press release) that verifies that resveratrol depletes copper? All I can find on the subject is this.

Biol Trace Elem Res. 2007 Sep;118(3):250-4.
Resveratrol: is there any effect on healthy subject?
Kavas GO, Aribal-Kocatürk P, Büyükkağnici DI.
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathophysiology, Ankara University, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey.

This preliminary study was planned to investigate the effects of resveratrol on oxidative-nitrosative stress markers and on trace element concentrations in blood and on circulatory system parameters in rats. Twenty-five Sprague-Dawley male rats, 10-12 weeks old, with mean body weight of 295 g were used in the study. Administration of resveratrol (0.5 ml/day) was performed in experimental group in 10 days. In control (n = 10) and in experimental groups (n = 15), after 1 week training period, systolic arterial blood pressures and heart rates were recorded daily. At the end of the tenth day, blood samples of control and experimental groups were drawn. Total nitrite, nitrite, nitrate, malondialdehyde, copper, zinc concentrations in plasma, superoxide dismutase, and catalase activities and copper, zinc concentrations in red cell were determined both in control and experimental groups. Alterations in oxidative and nitrosative stress markers, trace element concentrations, and circulatory system parameters in experimental group compared to controls were observed. The results of this study were discussed according to the effect of resveratrol.

PMID: 17916928

From full text

With resveratrol treatment, significant increase in plasma and red cell copper and plasma zinc concentrations were also detected.

In rats, a slight decrease in copper serum levels: Pretreatment effect of resveratrol on streptozotocin-induced diabetes in rats.

Curiously, aspirin and other NSAIDs also mbilize copper, by chelation, and reduce levels, but no one has suggested they cause tendinitis.

I've gotten and recovered from tendinitis while using resveratrol. IMO, there is no causal connection.

#141 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

In rats, a slight decrease in copper serum levels: Pretreatment effect of resveratrol on streptozotocin-induced diabetes in rats.

Curiously, aspirin and other NSAIDs also mbilize copper, by chelation, and reduce levels, but no one has suggested they cause tendinitis.

I've gotten and recovered from tendinitis while using resveratrol. IMO, there is no causal connection.

I never got tendinitis until I started taking RSV in very low dosages (16 - 32 m g per day). I was also 50, however, and frequently running very hard up steep hills, which could just as easily have been the cause. Now the best relief from the tendinitis is RSV in higher dosage levels (currently 1.6 grams per day). It would be interesting if lower dosages of RSV caused problems that higher dosages did not.
To me tendinitis itself is not a big deal except as a warning that the affected tendon might rupture. I've seen a few tendinitis reports related to RSV on here, but I haven't seen anyone complain of a rupture. Maybe the RSV (even in small doses) causes some sensitivity without actually damaging any tissue?

#142 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:59 AM

Friends of mine just tried resvreatrol, about a gram a day and they both got heart palpitations.
He is 63 and she is 50. He did have heart surgery to correct irregular heartbeat and she has a heart murmur. Somewhere
I recall a discussion about palpitations and resveratrol but can't find it. It this an issue that anybody here knows about.
They are both terrified to take it now. I told them to do half that amount.

#143 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

Friends of mine just tried resvreatrol, about a gram a day and they both got heart palpitations.
He is 63 and she is 50. He did have heart surgery to correct irregular heartbeat and she has a heart murmur. Somewhere
I recall a discussion about palpitations and resveratrol but can't find it. It this an issue that anybody here knows about.

50% or the good stuff?

Nothing in pub med on resveratrol and heart palpitations. No smoking gun with google, either.

#144 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

50% or the good stuff?

Nothing in pub med on resveratrol and heart palpitations. No smoking gun with google, either.

98% purity.

#145 Meenute

• 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

Hi Missminnie,

I am still very worried about my feet etc., I would not take it. I am 39 and athletic, never had an issue and now I am nervous that I have tendonitis or worse turned on a gene for RA or something. God only knows. I think we should wait for more controlled studies. Just my opinion.

#146 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:05 AM

Hi Missminnie,

I am still very worried about my feet etc., I would not take it. I am 39 and athletic, never had an issue and now I am nervous that I have tendonitis or worse turned on a gene for RA or something. God only knows. I think we should wait for more controlled studies. Just my opinion.

None of the mice studies turned up anything like that, and mice ar emuch more sensitive to resveratrol; they do not have the metabolic pathways, the enzymes, to conjugate it and eliminate it as rapidly as we do.

#147 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

I never got tendinitis until I started taking RSV in very low dosages (16 - 32 m g per day). I was also 50, however, and frequently running very hard up steep hills, which could just as easily have been the cause. Now the best relief from the tendinitis is RSV in higher dosage levels (currently 1.6 grams per day). It would be interesting if lower dosages of RSV caused problems that higher dosages did not.
To me tendinitis itself is not a big deal except as a warning that the affected tendon might rupture. I've seen a few tendinitis reports related to RSV on here, but I haven't seen anyone complain of a rupture. Maybe the RSV (even in small doses) causes some sensitivity without actually damaging any tissue?

I got achilles tendonitis years ago, big time, before anyone heard of resveratrol. It looked like a golf-ball attached to my heel. The doctor laughed and called it the best example he'd ever seen, took pictures. I got it running up hills in Georgia. Lots of stretching, ice and rest, some ibuprofen and in two weeks I could run again. It hasn't recurred. Not even with large doses of resveratrol. If you are active, and you increase your activity level, or do something different, like running hills when you are used to flat, you can get tendonitis. If taking resveratrol makes you feel stronger, you are likely to increase your activity level. Treat it like any other injury.

#148 dndpharm

• 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Hi, Everyone,
******** synthetic source Trans-Resveratrol (99.5%)and pure natural Trans-Resveratrol(99%).
The truth is that synthetic source Trans-Resveratrol is cheaper than natural extract. The price is about 10% difference.
Any questions, pls contact ***@****.com

(edited by Matthias: spam link removed)

Edited by Matthias, 06 August 2008 - 12:46 PM.

#149 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hi, Everyone,
******** synthetic source Trans-Resveratrol (99.5%)and pure natural Trans-Resveratrol(99%).
The truth is that synthetic source Trans-Resveratrol is cheaper than natural extract. The price is about 10% difference.
Any questions, pls contact ***@****.com

(edited by Matthias: spam link removed)

This same post was placed on the "Resveratrol is suppressing Minni's immune system". I guess this is some
spam like advertising campaign, but I am curious about the pros and cons of synthetic vs natural. What are they?

Edited by Matthias, 06 August 2008 - 12:47 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 JayMass

• 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

(snip)

It's even more complicated; not only do you train different body parts on different days, or different muscle groups, you train different muscle fibers on different days.

A club racer might do sprint intervals on Tuesday to train type II (fast twitch) fibers. Wednesday is for type I (slow twitch), two to four hours, not slow, not to fast on gently rolling terrain with a group. Thursday hill repeats, a hill thats 5 or 6% that takes 4 or 5 minutes to climb. This builds strength and works type IIa fibers -- fast twitch but with some mitochondria.
Friday is a rest day, but that means a slow ride, easy gear but fast cadence to clear breakdown products from the muscles. Saturday and Sunday would be race days, or fast group rides. 30 to 50 mile race, 50 to 100 mile group ride. Monday is a rest day, off the bike or a short easy ride, and weights, but high reps, low weight and rapid.

That is for in season. Base and build periods would have different protocols, but it's not so simple as a day on, then rest. Training for cycling is for a combination of strength, speed and endurance. Weight-lifting training protocols are either for pure strength, or for size and appearance.

Max is 100% spot on. I just simplified it for my post, plus I am not that hard core.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users