401 replies to this topic

#31 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

Lunarsolarpower wrote

Have you ever considered naming your motorcycle "The Second Immortal?"

Naw, that would require renaming the bike. My license plate reads BLTBYME. That’s the name of the bike. Nice suggestion though.

I did take the time to go to Alcor the other night. I noticed that you were a moderator, super moderator that is.

I noticed that there were 813 threads and only 3,776 posts. Also, is saw the warning that said “posts here will not be visible until approved by moderator”, so not a site I would be interested in posting in. However, I did spend much time reading the material there. I pulled two paragraphs from your posting.

I'd also like to go on record and remind you that the cryonic cases of INDIVIDUALS are private if that is their wish. There are valid reasons why a person would request privacy in their case that we should respect for the same reason we take every step possible to ensure that they receive the best care available.

and

I would like to point out by the way that a post on cryonet (I believe mike darwin's initial post) did mention that her life insurance has been spent down on healthcare. Please do not debate on such pointless issues though, it is a great disrespect to a woman we are all much in debt to.

I am interested in knowing more about Marce Johnson, what can you tell me about her?

As far as posting goes, this site really is the most dynamic Immortality group that I know of. This site is hip hot and happening. People like Zoolander Shepard and Cnorwood, youthful poster who infuse new blood really make it hard to ignore the dynamics that are going on in the movement in general.

#32 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:42 AM

Search "Marce" here, and you'll get a history about her, that was posted to the Venturists for promotion of her case.

Man I didn't get in the list of cool young blood! ;) (I guess I was old when I had my first kid at 21 :) )

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

I did take the time to go to Alcor the other night. I noticed that you were a moderator, super moderator that is.

I noticed that there were 813 threads and only 3,776 posts. Also, is saw the warning that said “posts here will not be visible until approved by moderator”, so not a site I would be interested in posting in. However, I did spend much time reading the material there. I pulled two paragraphs from your posting.

I am interested in knowing more about Marce Johnson, what can you tell me about her?

This is all I know about Marce.

The only forum that holds up posts until they are moderated is the anonymous forum. The rest of the site posts instantly if you post from a registered account (which several spam bots seem to do daily) :(

As far as posting goes, this site really is the most dynamic Immortality group that I know of. This site is hip hot and happening.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by lunarsolarpower, 15 July 2008 - 06:24 AM.

#34 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

Wayside

You engage in incredibly risky actions. You rode a motorcycle (35x the death rate per vehicle mile as cars)

Riding a motorcycle is not an automatically risky behavior. Where did you get the data that it is 35xthe death rate for a car? At any rate, I feel safer on my bike than I do riding with Carol, and she was not available at the time of my appointment for chemo. I imagine it was safer riding up and getting chemo as opposed to allowing the tumor to continue to grow.

Wayside

You are doing drugs or worse

Could you clarify what “or worse” is? And by doing drugs, I assume your talking about the drugs that my doctor has prescribed. Since my release I have only taken 2, 5mg tablets of Oxy’s. That’s an amazing small amount of pain medication. In fact, I know of no cancer patient that has managed his pain with virtually no medication. While in the hospital this past visit, the doctors had me try various different pain meds, but I didn’t care for them very much. They wrote out 2 prescriptions that have gone unfilled because I would rather not take them.

Wayside

3 1/2 years for simple possession? There is more to this story I think

I was arrested and convicted for possessing over 20 pounds of Marijuana, A Class A felony in my state which carries a mandatory minimum of 4 years in jail. You get 7 days of good time month, which shaves time off you sentence. I believe Elrond posted the newspaper article, so if you think there is more to the story, go read the article. I’m tempted get argumentative with you, but dammit, every time I get that feeling I just look at your avartar. Really, it’s sooo disarming, it’s just so cute. Where did you find it?

So I'm curious - how do you reconcile your desire to live forever with your fragrantly dangerous behavior?

Let me get this one in the next post.

#35 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

Wayside
Where did you get the data that it is 35xthe death rate for a car?

From the Insurance Information Institute ( http://www.iii.org/m...nce/motorcycle/ ). I'm sure they have their biases, but they don't seem to have an obvious axe to grind over this.

You may feel you are safer on the motorcycle, but statistics don't bear this out. Your own experience doesn't bear this out.

Could you clarify what “or worse” is? And by doing drugs, I assume your talking about the drugs that my doctor has prescribed.

No, I was assuming that since you got busted for possession you were also smoking it. Maybe not a good assumption.

The "or worse" was my guess that, given you were in jail for 3+ years, you didn't have just a joint or two in your pocket, iow you were dealing. Given that you had over 20 pounds, this would seem to be the case (I'm too lazy to track down whatever article you are talking about). I don't know much about the drug trade except what I learned on Miami Vice (dating myself here), but I would imagine there is significant personal risk in dealing with the people involved.

I’m tempted get argumentative with you, but dammit, every time I get that feeling I just look at your avartar. Really, it’s sooo disarming, it’s just so cute. Where did you find it?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just find your actions at odds with your intentions.

The avatar is a head shot of the Abominable Snowman action figure from my Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer collector set. You can see him in this commercial for the show: at the 0:35 mark. (Here's the whole show if you have an hour to kill: )

Yes, I have a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer collector set.

No, I'm not sure I should admit this in public. ;)

Edited by wayside, 15 July 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#36 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

in 2006 a mere 4,810 people died in motorcycle crashes, well over 100,000 died of lung cancer. With one do you think I’m more worried about?

No, I was assuming that since you got busted for possession you were also smoking it. Maybe not a good assumption.

Perhaps not.

I don't know much about the drug trade except what I learned on Miami Vice (dating myself here), but I would imagine there is significant personal risk in dealing with the people involved.

You’re watching way too much TV.

Here's the whole show if you have an hour to kill:

I’m chuckling here wayside, but umm, no. I really don’t have an hour to kill.

#37 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

So I'm curious - how do you reconcile your desire to live forever with your fragrantly dangerous behavior?

If by flagrantly dangerous behavior, you mean riding, you clearly have no idea the feeling of freedom that comes with riding. How alive one feels riding down the highway. If I were to follow your recommendation, I suppose I would spend my time safely in the house, but that wouldn’t really be living now would it. This letter I wrote to my cousin Cindy captures the sentiment I’m trying to relay to you wayside.

Dear Cindy,
Got your card today, thank you. I will keep you posted, I am going to be released May 21st, but that date has changed a few times. When in the summer were you planning on going to Maine?

This week was a difficult one for me as I learned that Donald Daney my best friend since I was 5 years old died. I was less than a month from being out; I did not even consider the possibility that I would not see him alive.

You wrote, “I’m glad you have such a great attitude about everything.” Cindy, a terminal cancer diagnosis may be the end of the world to one person, a time to surrender to God for another, a call to battle for yet another. For me it’s a challenge, it is the call to battle for life. The primeval urge to survive at almost any cost is at the root of my response to that challenge.

Terminal cancer is a serious crisis, but isn’t life a matter of adapting to one challenge after another? And even if I can’t beat this, there is no reason why I cannot maintain a fine quality of life during this life-threatening crisis. A diagnosis of terminal cancer with a future date of death does not demand that I stop living today.

#38 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:48 AM

My friends and relatives were mostly horrified at the amounts of vitys I took. I’m a believer, they are not. And a loan follows an expectation of getting paid back. How jazzed would you be about loaning a terminal cancer patient money? I can’t in all good faith promise that I would live long enough to pay them back.

As for screening.
HCG Beta Subunit, Quantitative. This test is used as a tumor marker for cancers. Interleukin-6 (IL-6) This test is used to identify elevated levels of Interleukin-6. IL-6 is a cytokine produced by many different cells including monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, keratinocytes, mast cells, T cells and many tumor cell lines. Elevated IL-6 serum or plasma levels may occur in different conditions including lymphomas which I currently have cancer in my lymph nodes. It shows other cancer tumor development. Interleukin-8. This test is obviously used to identify elevated levels of Interleukin-8. And of course Prostate Specific Antigen for the balls. Gotta protect the balls ya know.

What exactly did your annual cancer screening consist of?

When you say you ran out of money to continue on that regime, and if it really did work, surely you must have some friends or relatives who could lend you some money to continue on the regime?

#39 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

Thank you Shonghow,
Yes, I believe in the cancer-fighting effects of megadoses of Vitamin C and other antioxidants. Pharmacologic ascorbic acid concentrations selectively kill cancer cells.
Clinical studies showed that high-dose vitamin C, given by intravenous may improve symptoms and prolong life in patients with terminal cancer. Recent evidence shows that oral administration of the maximum tolerated dose of vitamin C (18 g/d) produces peak plasma concentrations of only 220 µmol/L, whereas intravenous administration of the same dose produces plasma concentrations about 25-fold higher. Larger doses (50–100 g) given intravenously may result in plasma concentrations of about 14 000 µmol/L. At concentrations above 1000 µmol/L, vitamin C is toxic to some cancer cells but not to normal cells.

There are well-documented cases of advanced cancers, confirmed by histopathologic review, where patients had unexpectedly long survival times after receiving high-dose intravenous vitamin C therapy. I just can’t seem to find a doctor who is willing to help me take advantage of this.

I had been a non-smoker for years when I got the cancer, but I was once a smoker. I’m not sure how tall I am. My weight, I track that everyday, but height, I’m not sure.

I hope you recover,Do you believe in the cancer-fighting effects of megadoses of Vitamin C or other antioxidants? Some doctors claim to have used large quantities of it both intravenously and orally and been able to cure late-stage cancer. Do you smoke? I reacted because it's unusual to get lung cancer without excessive smoking.
How tall are you?

#40 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

in 2006 a mere 4,810 people died in motorcycle crashes, well over 100,000 died of lung cancer. With one do you think I’m more worried about?

In 2006, 160000 people died of lung cancer. This is about 53 deaths per 100,000 people.

In 2006, according to the III, there were 72 deaths per 100,000 registered motorcycles.

Aren't statistics fun? Although pointless, given your situation.

Well, it was 20 years ago.

#41 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:52 AM

...you clearly have no idea the feeling of freedom that comes with riding. How alive one feels riding down the highway. If I were to follow your recommendation, I suppose I would spend my time safely in the house, but that wouldn’t really be living now would it.

I'm certainly not saying to lock yourself in the house and never come out.

I read an article once that made the argument that, even if our bodies never died due to aging or disease, the average life expectancy would only be something like 1200 years, given current death rates due to accidents and other unnatural causes. So its all about the risk/reward ratio.

Clearly for you, the freedom you feel when riding is worth the 35x greater chance of dying in an accident. For an immortalist, it seems like an unexpected choice. To me, it seems like a small reward to give up to remove a much larger risk factor. But then, I've never ridden a motorcycle. Maybe if I did I would agree with you.

#42 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

Several years ago Bruce asked me to post a few pics of myself. I posted several pics, but never my face.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_z015c_Trophy_Shots.jpg

#43 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

Here was the front shot.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_z010_Trophy_Shots.jpg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 16 July 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#44 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

Here is a face shot.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_z007_Trophy_Shots.jpg

#45 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

There are only 6 Jackets like this in existence. I got this for being The 2001 USAC World Champion. Because I used 6 XS100's from Kicker, they gave me a jacket with their logo and World Champion on the back.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_z009_Trophy_Shots.jpg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 16 July 2008 - 09:27 PM.

#46 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

This was the year 2000, much healthier times.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_b012_Trophy_Car.jpeg

#47 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

This was my car for over 2 decades. I personally restored it myself. Laz and a few others got to see it in 2004.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_b008_Trophy_Car.jpeg

#48 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

The name of the car was GO-WILD. It had a 383 magnum in it, which it needed to hual around the stereo to competitions. I started out going to car shows for trophies but ended up going to dB Drag racing and other stereo competitions.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO_WILD_b009_Trophy_Car.jpeg

#49 bio123

• 86 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:14 AM

In 2006, 160000 people died of lung cancer. This is about 53 deaths per 100,000 people.

In 2006, according to the III, there were 72 deaths per 100,000 registered motorcycles.

Aren't statistics fun? Although pointless, given your situation.

Well, it was 20 years ago.

I've got to agree about the dangers of motor cycles - after 28 years of driving I've had several minor accidents caused
by careless drivers (coming out of driveways or sidestreets without looking, or simply rear-ending me at traffic lights.)
Each time I was unharmed and my car was slightly damaged, but I also realised each time that if I'd been on a motorbike
I'd have either been killed or severely crippled. Even without careless drivers, all it takes is a wobble in the front wheel,
a patch of gravel, oil or ice, a bug up your nose etc etc. Happens all the time every day, which is one reason doctors
refer to motorcyclists as 'organ donors'.

#50 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

Zoolander Shepard and Cnorwood, they have a raw youthful exuberance Shannon. Your more of a voice of reason with a touch a wisdom. ;o)

Shannon, I found this letter I wrote to my friend Keli back in April, which captures nicely why I as an Immortalist declined your advice to go to a support group for cancer. That by the way was really sound advice that you gave me Shannon, just not for me. Most people use these support groups, but I really have no use for one.

Hi Keli,
You know, I spent some time reflecting on your letter and thinking about those times 8 years ago. It seems that there are times when we wish things would remain the same. It’s easy to look back and think that those were happier days because I think we all share a longing for those times when things in our lives seemed to be in balance and all was right with the world. But we both had problems then, different sets of problems but problems nonetheless. Life now isn’t really much different, just new set of problems to solve, life doesn’t remain frozen in time. And life sometimes tests us in expected ways.

Let me bring you up to date on what the last month is likely to be like. I will either be at the hospital for three weeks or here for the whole month. I wrote Kurt and put the decision in his hands. I’ve included a copy of that letter for you to read.

Of course those books that were given to me by the inmates, one of them was a Basic survivor’s guide to living or coping with cancer. Have it in my hands right now, the back cover says in part “…but they have more to battle against than the spread of the disease, emotional and psychological factors come into play as well, and the patient has to fight against depression, anxiety, and a host of other problems, all of which can be as devastating as the disease itself. The people profiled in this book tell how they dealt with these problems. They tell how they got over their initial shock or grief and subsequent denial. They tell how they dealt with…” blah blah. Will I read this book? Nope. Why? Because it would mostly be a waste of my time.

I was told by medical here that I had pneumonia, but after the CT scan Dr. Trich pulled me into his office to tell me that I had a tumor the size of softball. In one dizzying moment I had changed from a man with a super bad cold to a man confronting death. Yet, I was never scared, or angry, nor did I feel helpless. Never thought “Why me?” From various other books I jotted down notes, “The cancer victim may suffer fear, anger, bewilderment, guilt, depression, a sense of futility, and a loss of self-esteem.” Another note, “Cancer patients go thru the stages of grief usually associated with a death in the family.” What’s the name for that Keli? Isn’t it Kubler Ross? How do you think you would take news if your next check up the doctor told you that you had an incurable cancer and you only had 6 months to live? What do you think would be the state of your emotional health? What emotions do you think you would cycle through?

I’ve never felt shock; obviously someone in shock cannot take an active role in fighting. Denial, I have never had any problem with being realistic about my situation. I have never asked the question “Why me?” because the question is an illogical one. Many people will eventually contract some form of cancer. Most people are shaken to roots by such news, but I didn’t have the sense of imminent doom. I’m a life extender, an Immortalist. I think differently because of it. I simply thought, “Well, where do I go from here?” Some might be surprised by my calm, but I think you know that for me it is a typical reaction. You know it’s not my style to brood or get hysterical. My reaction to adversity, even cancer is, “Well, what do I do now?” “How do I fight this?”

So many roadblocks really. And the medical community both here and at Maine Medical have pretty much all written me off for as good as dead. Yeah yeah, I know Keli, I have an inoperable lung cancer that has a survival rate of one person to every 200 dead people. But all the Doctors and nurses are overlooking one critical factor, I’m an Immortalist, I am a Life extensionist and I plan on being the toughest patient cancer has come across. Let me share one of my most powerful weapons I bring to the battle.

My astonishing will to live.

Search "Marce" here, and you'll get a history about her, that was posted to the Venturists for promotion of her case.

Man I didn't get in the list of cool young blood! :~ (I guess I was old when I had my first kid at 21 :~ )

#51 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Thank you lunarsolarpower, and thank you Shannon for helping me with the Marce Johnson research. I've posted in here thread.

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=251213

This is all I know about Marce

#52 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

You made it sound as if someone belonging to our community should not lead a dangerous life, I think it's the opposite:
The more dangerous your life style is the more interested you should be in life extension and transhumanism (cryonics, supplements, etc.) as it can drastically increase your chance of survival, but, yeah if you want to have the best chances of surviving: stay at home until the magical cure for aging is discovered.

#53 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

wow firstimmortal, you sure won a lot of trophies. congrats. The joy of riding motorcycle is great, I can understand. I know it almost firsthand. My dad had a few motorcycles and used to ride often. Each of his harleys costs more than the family car. doesn't anymore. he just about gave up motorcycles now. he never crashed or got hurt when he rode the bikes but due to various other factors.

I understand the raw primal energy as can be felt during riding a motorcyle! I used to like to do sparring sports like karate and kickboxing, though i refused to fight for safety reasons beyond some stupid schoolyard fights i did when i was a little kid. I ran marathons and did triathlons, and ran a 5-10K race almost every month. I rollerskated and broke my arm and jumped from walls and buildings and hurt my ankles. I played "friendlier contact sports" like soccer, b-ball but overtime, I've lost the urge to do any of that though i'm only 22. Sure I won medals and ribbons in such sports. At one point, a large part of my confidence depended on them. I realized one time that I was leading a life incompatiable with my goal of living at least over 100 years, and I got scared very much, really afraid. The good thing is i worked hard enough and i'm "blessed" with smarter than average intelligence, eased myself into more mental sports like chess, checkers, which i also won trophies and medals in science olympiad type of competitions. Now, besides my brain as the single most important organ to keep, I'd likely be okay with giving up the rest of my body and merge with robots, i'd even be secretly glad transform into a transhuman, post-human cyborg, no such thing as lung cancer then right? i guess no sex either, bummer. In some of the more dangerous activities i did, a moment seemed to last for an eternity and i was happy. If you had fun riding motorcycles, that was well worth it. Hope you beat cancer and start a better future.

Edited by HYP86, 22 July 2008 - 08:54 AM.

#54 quarter

• 132 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

I understand the raw primal energy as can be felt during riding a motorcyle!

Yeah its a great feeling of freedom. Almost, but not quite, as good as skiing.

N.B. I passed my motorcycle test when I was 18, I have been a student ever since (7 years) and never even sat on one since, primarily due to the financial constraints of student life that mean I don't have much spare cash for luxury's, but I doubt I ever will ride a motorbike again now. There have been some pretty scary public service advertisements on TV here, which have put me off riding a motorcycle, while I trust myself its other road users that scare me. I also haven't been skiing since I went on a few school trips as a kid but I hope to one day be able to afford to go skiing again. Life is indeed for living, but sometimes the risk to benefit ratio can go either way.

#55 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

wow firstimmortal, you sure won a lot of trophies. congrats.

Thank you HYP86, and my apoligies to you and Quarter for being behind on responding to these threads. I will get back at some point to fully respond.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 24 July 2008 - 03:31 AM.

#56 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:33 AM

I will be gone this weekend, visiting my Grandparents. I will get back to posting on Monday, and try to answer any unanswered material.
Live Long and Well.

#57 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hi everyone,

this is going to be a bit difficult, as I can't mention our company name in this post because of the board's rules, but here goes:
This was initially posted on the resveratrol forum, and I was asked to copy it here to see if folks are interested.

Many folks on this board already purchase our resveratrol on a monthly basis...

To that effect we will be sending 10% of what you already purchase from our company to help the thefirstimmortal.
To help get things going, we will provide a 5% discount on your purchases made at our site for this objective.

The simple fact is that you will automatically help a fellow member by purchasing what you already do, and get a 5% discount on top of it all. Please remember to use the following code at checkout to get 5% off, and allow us to place 10% of your purchase toward help of this lifetime member:

The Code is: "IMMORTAL"

Thank you, and I hope this helps.
Anthony Loera

BTW: if you are wondering what company we are talking about, we have a banner in the resveratrol forums here:
http://www.imminst.o...atrol-f312.html

#58 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:27 AM

I do roller derby, I love the speed, the danger-the aggression :) My name is CryoGirl # -320, I love having the crowd cheer "Cryo, Cryo, Cryo" lots of fun--but yeah, I get injured a lot more than the average person (yeah statistics ARE fun :) ). People must have some loves and challenges in life... I admire people with the passion to excel in their respective fields of interest.

#59 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

There is nothing wrong in taking risks Shannon. We take risks, not to escape life but to ensure that life does not escape us.

I do roller derby, I love the speed, the danger-the aggression :) My name is CryoGirl # -320, I love having the crowd cheer "Cryo, Cryo, Cryo" lots of fun--but yeah, I get injured a lot more than the average person (yeah statistics ARE fun :) ). People must have some loves and challenges in life... I admire people with the passion to excel in their respective fields of interest.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#60 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

My friends and relatives were mostly horrified at the amounts of vitys I took. I'm a believer, they are not. And a loan follows an expectation of getting paid back. How jazzed would you be about loaning a terminal cancer patient money? I can't in all good faith promise that I would live long enough to pay them back.

As for screening.
HCG Beta Subunit, Quantitative. This test is used as a tumor marker for cancers. Interleukin-6 (IL-6) This test is used to identify elevated levels of Interleukin-6. IL-6 is a cytokine produced by many different cells including monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, keratinocytes, mast cells, T cells and many tumor cell lines. Elevated IL-6 serum or plasma levels may occur in different conditions including lymphomas which I currently have cancer in my lymph nodes. It shows other cancer tumor development. Interleukin-8. This test is obviously used to identify elevated levels of Interleukin-8. And of course Prostate Specific Antigen for the balls. Gotta protect the balls ya know.

What exactly did your annual cancer screening consist of?

When you say you ran out of money to continue on that regime, and if it really did work, surely you must have some friends or relatives who could lend you some money to continue on the regime?

What kind of family members would worry about getting their money back, when you are dying?

Anyway, I hope you get better. Don't give up hope; if Lance Armstrong was able to survive testicular, brain, lung and abdomen cancer why shouldn't you be able too?

Edited by Dmitri, 29 July 2008 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users