William O'Rights

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#151 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

Given your circumstances, are you going to vote via absentee ballot ASAP so you have some imput into this current election? Or do you think voting is just an exercise in futility. Personally, I passionately want to see Obama-Biden win. However, I'm not sure how I'd feel about voting in an election which would only affect those who outlived me.

Well Randi, I plan on Being alive on Nov 2nd and on election day this year I plan on performing my civic duty by not voting. Believe me, the country is far better off if I stay away from the polls. I am far too ignorant about this year’s election to add anything but randomness to the outcome. I say this despite the fact that I read as many bumper stickers as I can, making me more informed than the average voter.

But you know Randi even if I were uncaring enough to participate in this years elections, I wouldn’t know how to register without exposing myself to unnecessary risk, and Wayside has pointed out that I live my life on the edge exposing myself already to far too much danger. I mean the post office is close to me so I can go to the post office to register, but I’m afraid they’ll throw my application in the wrong bag and I’ll end up in the military. The next thing I know, I’m a Navy SEAL. I’m fairly certain I would be killed by my own squad in order to put an end to my incessant seal puns.

I realize it’s a smaller risk than riding my motorcycle, but when I compare it to the statistical likelihood that my vote will improve the efficiency of our government, I think it’s a fair assessment. And when you factor in the odds of being hit by a stray bullet while standing in line at the post office, voting just seems downright reckless to me.

When it comes to voting, I’m just barely smart enough to know that I’m a total idiot. This might sound self-deprecating, but on the intelligence scale, it puts me comfortably ahead of all the people who actually vote.

#152 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

That's some fine specimens,

Thanks

I may have to bounce back some pics of my own gardens.

Please do.

This was my sunflower bed, early in the season.

Tardy as ever here's an early picture of my back garden in the early stages with Sunflowers on one side and Roses, Carnations etc down the other. The beds are much fuller now so I'll show you those soon.

What kind of wall is that? What is it made of?

Hey chap, just got for a long weekend at the coast with my family, I see you've been busy. That's a hell of a wall, A fully illegal 5 footer if I'm not mistaken - At that height how do you maintain the beds, by climbing up the bricks or do you get a platform out?

My wall was just a simple breeze block construction, rendered, with a natural indian stone top which ties in with the whole patio area. I did none of it! I laid one patio, dug down 2-3 feet of clay soil, put down the hardcore base, laid the stones , all level with slight taper to drainage and built a surrounding wall. Never Again. Get a bloke in. OK so I finished extending the drive this evening, but that's it..enough!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#153 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

Hey chap, just got for a long weekend at the coast with my family, I see you've been busy.

Well, busy posting perhaps. These are all pics from years ago.

That's a hell of a wall, A fully illegal 5 footer if I'm not mistaken

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to plea the 5th and remain silent on that sentinel. ;)

At that height how do you maintain the beds, by climbing up the bricks or do you get a platform out?

Easy step up because the wall tilts back at an angle.

My wall was just a simple breeze block construction, rendered, with a natural indian stone top which ties in with the whole patio area. I did none of it! I laid one patio, dug down 2-3 feet of clay soil, put down the hardcore base, laid the stones , all level with slight taper to drainage and built a surrounding wall. Never Again. Get a bloke in. OK so I finished extending the drive this evening, but that's it..enough!

It's neat and clean and frames the flowers well.

#154 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

It's neat and clean and frames the flowers well.

Thanks, a bit modest compared to yours. These photo's show the indian stone extended into the patio round the pool and a final shot of where the beds are at now, if not in full bloom. Then I'm just going to hand your thread back to your photos as this is WOR thread, not gardeners and DIY Weekly ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• ellies_bed_0498.jpg
  • ellies_bed_0482.jpg

#155 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

Thanks, a bit modest compared to yours.

Well, my original goal was to create a spectacular wall; I wasn’t about the flowers until after the wall was up. I mean I grew some that first year but flowers were not really a hobby until the second year.

These photo's show the indian stone extended into the patio round the pool…

Great stone work, those round areas tend to be somewhat challenging to make. Hey, what is the red flower in the left corner first pic?

…and a final shot of where the beds are at now, if not in full bloom. Then I'm just going to hand your thread back to your photos as this is WOR thread, not gardeners and DIY Weekly ;)

Keep the photo’s coming Sentinel, I like the idea of my friends sharing. I rather like the exchange.

#156 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

Well, my original goal was to create a spectacular wall; I wasn’t about the flowers until after the wall was up. I mean I grew some that first year but flowers were not really a hobby until the second year.

Great stone work, those round areas tend to be somewhat challenging to make. Hey, what is the red flower in the left corner first pic?

…and a final shot of where the beds are at now, if not in full bloom. Then I'm just going to hand your thread back to your photos as this is WOR thread, not gardeners and DIY Weekly :)

Keep the photo’s coming Sentinel, I like the idea of my friends sharing. I rather like the exchange.

OK chap, although I'm running out of walls I can show off (I really didn't think I'd hear/see me say that - It's happened. I am my dad.)

Red flower... It looked nice at the market so we bought it.. will talk to wife and refer back.

How's tricks?

#157 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

POSTED UNDER THREAT OF CENSORSHIP

…and a final shot of where the beds are at now, if not in full bloom. Then I'm just going to hand your thread back to your photos as this is WOR thread, not gardeners and DIY Weekly :)

OK chap, although I'm running out of walls I can show off (I really didn't think I'd hear/see me say that - It's happened. I am my dad.)

Red flower... It looked nice at the market so we bought it.. will talk to wife and refer back.

How's tricks?

Well, little chemo washed out lately, but my vomiting is slowly resolving. Do you got pics of your whips?

Oh, that's slang for cars or your "ride."

#158 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

How's tricks?

Well, little chemo washed out lately, but my vomiting is slowly resolving. Do you got pics of your whips?

Oh, that's slang for cars or your "ride."

Well I don't think my whips will make you feel any better. I'm no petrol head, my wife's more into cars than me. Right now I have 3 cars, but I'll sell one soon; So unlike you my cars are stock, I have put NO time into them except cleaning them occasionally.

So I put my business near my home and the end of last years I bought and old silver Petrol BMW 320i which I love - it drives itself. We still have a "high -end" Vauxhaull, as I have a wife, 3 kids, a dog and a love of moving furniture from one location to another. It's laughably a turbo'd fuel injected GSi model which actually has good acceleration for a bus of it's size. In my head I like to think it looked slightly like the A-Team van.. what ever gets you through the school run.
Finally I bought my wife a Silver Audi S4 Cabriolet as she's always wanted a convertible - I'msure it's accidental that she can't fit the whole family in it..

Attached Thumbnails

• S4.jpg

Attached Images

• BM.jpg
  • Zafira.jpg

#159 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

Petrol (Gas) is crazy expensive over here right now c £1.16 per Litre, so it costs £70 to fill up the BMW. I'll ditch the BM and the zafira and buy and up-market compromise.

Feel free to mock me.... now.

#160 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:14 AM

Feel free to mock me.... now.

Mock you? Why, those look like some fine rides. Hey, I’m down to only 2 vehicles, my motorcycle and a limo that I wasn’t able to even put on the road this year. Maybe next springtime if I’m around I’ll put the limo back on the road, it’s in tough shape right now.
Here is a pic when I first bought it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Limo_Team_420___004.jpeg

#161 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

I have never owned a new car, I think my motorcycle was the newest vehicle I ever bought, it was purchased in 95 or 96 and was 2 or 3 years old, it's a 93. I forget what year the limo is.

Attached Thumbnails

• Limo_Team_420___005.jpeg

#162 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

I have a bunch of pictures in storage I have to go get before it snows. That's one of my wintertime projects I have planned, to scan those. You'll get the chance to see my puke green just get me there and back please God Buick, and my old black two ton go ahead and hit me please Chevy truck.

Attached Thumbnails

• Limo_Team_420___002.jpeg

#163 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

I have a bunch of pictures in storage I have to go get before it snows. That's one of my wintertime projects I have planned, to scan those. You'll get the chance to see my puke green just get me there and back please God Buick, and my old black two ton go ahead and hit me please Chevy truck.

Ha, ha. I had one of those "wing and a prayer" vehicles last year (An ancient Honda prelude), nearly got me killed. I was on the motorway in the fast lane just going to pick up some new speakers going as fast as one legally can in the UK and suddenly the bonnet (hood) flipped up and stuck to the windscreen, cracking it and knocking the rear view mirror off into my head.

So now I had a cracked windscreen, which was covered by the bonnet, driving blind in the fast lane. Fortunately I could see a strip at the bottom and just took my chances pulling out and across 3 lanes into the hard shoulder. Didn't hit anything somehow and pulled up. The bonnet was hanging on by one hinge and I shuddered when I thought of it coming off and into the contra fast lane, it would have cut a car in half!

Hence buying a nice reliable BMW!

Can't wait to see your pimped Limo, complete with jacked suspension :)

Attached Images

• Prelude.jpg

#164 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

POSTED UNDER THE THREAT OF CENSORSHIP

Can't wait to see your pimped Limo, complete with jacked suspension :)

Well, here is another photo. Pre pimped out days. I can tell because of the old man style original spoked rims. They were one of the first things that had to go.

Attached Thumbnails

• Limo_Team_420___003.jpeg

#165 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

Registered in Nov. There is a story behind how I ended up buying a Limo. I didn't set out with the idea that I wanted to buy a Limo, but it's 4:20am, time for me to hit the sack. More to follow.

Attached Thumbnails

• Limo_Team_420___001.jpeg

#166 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

Registered in Nov. There is a story behind how I ended up buying a Limo. I didn't set out with the idea that I wanted to buy a Limo, but it's 4:20am, time for me to hit the sack. More to follow.

I know how it goes, you wake up with a head ache, a strange woman in your bed and a 20ft vehicle parked outside. That's why I gave up drinking, I ran out of parking.

#167 Matthias

• 851 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

? :)

#168 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:12 AM

My idea of heaven.

Attached Images

• Death_and_taxes4081698062.jpg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 16 October 2008 - 02:14 AM.

#169 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

Death and taxes...at least one brings eternal peace.

Attached Images

• death_and_taxes_664482037.jpg

#170 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

You are all invited to attend services for William O’Rights.
Time: Shortly after Midnight, early Nov. 1st.
Refreshments: Meatloaf will be served; you will have to bring your own wine.
Host: Rev. William Constitution O’Rights.

The darkest night ain't black enough, to keep the morning light from shining,
The highest wall ain't tall enough, to keep the smallest man from climbing,
The more that you resist the tide, The more it pulls you in, The more you hang on for your life…

Attached Thumbnails

• House_Pics__The_Cave__Diningroom_011.jpeg

#171 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

I won't have much time to post much until Friday night or Saturday. I am preparing what will be my last court case. I am seeking the return of my cat, pictured here in the center of the couch.

Attached Thumbnails

• House_Pics__The_Cave__Livingroom_035.jpeg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 13 November 2008 - 05:27 PM.

#172 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

This is my cat, Mufasa La Cosa Nostra. This picture was take sometime in Nov, 1997.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mufasa_La_Cosa_Nostra_002.jpeg

#173 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

What a cute kitty, sounds like a long story--but I hope you get your cat back!

#174 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

Yes Shannon, it's a very long and I would even dare say tragic and painful story.

Here is a shot of Mr. Mufie when he was 5 years old.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mufasa_La_Cosa_Nostra_010.jpg

#175 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

Yes Shannon, it's a very long and I would even dare say tragic and painful story.

Here is a shot of Mr. Mufie when he was 5 years old.

Poor thing appears to have got lost in a room full of special edition ferrero rocher!

Seriously chap, good luck with the cat, must be about 12 now?

Edited by sentinel, 14 November 2008 - 11:46 AM.

#176 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

Mufasa is a Seal point Siamese cat. Although he is a cat, he has the mannerisms of a dog.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mufasa_La_Cosa_Nostra_012.jpg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 14 November 2008 - 01:25 PM.

#177 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Mufasa is a Seal point Siamese cat. Although he is a cat, he has the mannerisms of a dog.

That's freaky, not the dog-like cat thing, the fact that I had started typing about me being more of a dog man blah, but decided to delete it. Thanks for addressing that point anyway and glad to see the telepathy is coming on :)

#178 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

what are all the trophies from?

#179 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

Poor thing appears to have got lost in a room full of special edition forero roche!

Seriously chap, good luck with the cat, must be about 12 now?

Thanks Sentinel. Yes, that's about how old he would be. I have not seen him in nearly 4 years, so I'm hoping to obtain a court order to have him brought back here to Maine.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mufasa_La_Cosa_Nostra_009.jpg

sponsored ad

• Advert

#180 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

what are all the trophies from?

Car truck and Motorcycle shows, dB drag racing, SPL shootout events and other various sound competitions.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mufasa_La_Cosa_Nostra_011.jpg

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 14 November 2008 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users