Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#1 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, a lifetime member of Imminst since 2002, has cancer with a prognosis of 6 months to live. He has been through chemo and conventional approaches to dealing with the cancer and would now like to try mega-dosing with resveratrol. Presently he is taking 2 x 250 mg caps in the morning from a bottle of Resveratrol that a member generously sent him. We all know that is not nearly enough to counter the cancer.
I gave my dog Minni, who I successfully cured of cancer, 7 g a day and she is 94 lbs. It is believed that people would need even higher doses than dogs, but even at that rate, he should be taking at least 9g a day.
His story is unusual since he contracted cancer while incarcerated for 3.5 years in Maine for possession of marijuana. They wouldn't allow him to take his supplements in prison.
His funds are limited so any help offered in the form of resveratrol or funds to purchase resveratrol would be greatly appreciated. This is an opportunity to save a life and test the cancer curing properties of Resveratrol on a real person.
Read his story in the links below. He needs our help.

bio and background
http://www.imminst.o...o...=23024&st=0

Prognosis and Medical update
http://www.imminst.o...tal-t23100.html

fighting cancer, conventional and alternative
http://www.imminst.o...o...=23038&st=0

Edited by missminni, 21 July 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#2 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, a lifetime member of Imminst since 2002, has cancer with a prognosis of 6 months to live. He has been through chemo and conventional approaches to dealing with the cancer and would now like to try mega-dosing with resveratrol. Presently he is taking 2 x 250 mg caps in the morning from a bottle of Resveratrol that a member generously sent him. We all know that is not nearly enough to counter the cancer.
I gave my dog Minni, who I successfully cured of cancer, 7 g a day and she is 94 lbs. It is believed that people would need even higher doses than dogs, but even at that rate, he should be taking at least 9g a day.
His story is unusual since he contracted cancer while incarcerated for 3.5 years in Maine for possession of marijuana. They wouldn't allow him to take his supplements in prison.
His funds are limited so any help offered in the form of resveratrol or funds to purchase resveratrol would be greatly appreciated. This is an opportunity to save a life and test the cancer curing properties of Resveratrol on a real person.

bio and background

An angel in the form of an anonymous donor has offered to help. We are in the process of getting a kilo of resveratrol to thefirstimmortal.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

bio and background

An angel in the form of an anonymous donor has offered to help. We are in the process of getting a kilo of resveratrol to thefirstimmortal.

Wow! A kilo! That's amazing. What sort of doses are being considered since there's such a huge amount, William, Missminni?

#4 Benae

• 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Missminni, thanks for speaking up on behalf of William (thefirstimmortal). For those who might be hesitant to inquire or PM, could his mailing address be posted?

#5 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

bio and background

Wow! A kilo! That's amazing. What sort of doses are being considered since there's such a huge amount, William, Missminni?

I suggested 10 grams a day. The kilo will last 100 days....3 plus months....long enough to make a difference... there are really wonderful generous people...well one in particular who wants to remain anonymous.

#6 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Missminni, thanks for speaking up on behalf of William (thefirstimmortal). For those who might be hesitant to inquire or PM, could his mailing address be posted?

That would be up to him. When he reads this, maybe he will post it.
Also, I was wrong about the 6 months to live. They told him that 3 months ago. He is supposed to be a goner by October.
But then not to forget they told me Minni would be dead in 6 months and there was no hope and look at her now.
Posted Image

Edited by missminni, 21 July 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#7 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Somebody who knows much more than I should be advising on this matter. From the little I know it seems to me one should distinguish between RSV as a potential stand alone treatment for cancer and coadjuvant for some other treatment.
As a stand alone there are paper implying RSV might do some good by inhibiting Wnt signaling, or through some other pathways.
RSV however shouldn't be given together with most other cancer treatments. If a treatment relies on transcription to modify cell behavior, RSV will make it more difficult to be effective. RSV upregulates the action of Sirtuins which in turn deacetylate histones. This tightens the chromatin and inhibits transcription.
As a mater of fact, years ago Guarente founded the company Elixir for the main purpose of developing Sirtuin inhibitors. That was in order to improve cancer treatment.

#8 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Somebody who knows much more than I should be advising on this matter. From the little I know it seems to me one should distinguish between RSV as a potential stand alone treatment for cancer and coadjuvant for some other treatment.
As a stand alone there are paper implying RSV might do some good by inhibiting Wnt signaling, or through some other pathways.
RSV however shouldn't be given together with most other cancer treatments. If a treatment relies on transcription to modify cell behavior, RSV will make it more difficult to be effective. RSV upregulates the action of Sirtuins which in turn deacetylate histones. This tightens the chromatin and inhibits transcription.
As a mater of fact, years ago Guarente founded the company Elixir for the main purpose of developing Sirtuin inhibitors. That was in order to improve cancer treatment.

I know and I mentioned this to thefirstimmortal. He mentioned his last chemo treatment is July 30th and I said he should wait until it is over before taking Res. I forwarded him a few studies on it:

Here is a link to a page with many many clinical studies on resveratrol if you should need re-assurance that it is effective. You only need to read the titles to see it is. I urge you to try it the minute your chemo is over.
ETA~here is an article specific to small cell lung cancer and resveratrol.
and yet another one specific to lung carcinoma and resveratrol
Both are listed at pubmed.

and he responded:

I know it's not a good idea to take it while doing chemo

I just spent a few hours reading up on resveratrol. Actually, apparently it is a good idea according to one of the articles that showed up on the link you provided. Resveratrol sensitizes the cancer cell and causes synergistic cytotoxic activity when used in combonation with cytotoxic drugs.

Currently the chemo drugs I’m on are Irinotecan and Carboplatin. Carboplatin and Irinotecan are both anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drugs.

I am sure he will get further advice or wait until his chemo is over, but he is currently taking 500 mg each morning of a commercial res cap that was sent to him. I'm sure he will read here later and it can be discussed further.

#9 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Could resveratrol be combined with megadoses of antioxidants like vitamin C and betacarotenes or would that counteract the beneficial effects?

#10 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

Could resveratrol be combined with megadoses of antioxidants like vitamin C and betacarotenes or would that counteract the beneficial effects?

As far as I know there's no conflict. I just thought there would be a conflict with chemo, but maybe I'm wrong.
I think Maxwatt might be able to answer these questions.

#11 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

Another question,Are there any studies of people consuming such large quantities of resveratrol reporting any particular effects besides of course laxative effects?

#12 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Another question,Are there any studies of people consuming such large quantities of resveratrol reporting any particular effects besides of course laxative effects?

Not that i know of but there are studies of much larger quantities being tested on animals with no ill side effects.

#13 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Hedgehog sent me this info in a PM. I thought it was so interesting I wanted to post it so others would know about it:

There is also a hedgehog inhibitor program that has showed great success in fighting cancer.

http://www.clinicalt...0...ehog&rank=2

I have personally heard and seen testimonials regarding people in this trail. If your friend doesn't meet all the criteria then PUSH for "compassionate use only." Hope this helps

"Findings: There is marked interval improvement. On the previous exam [xxx] there were too numerous to count markedly metabolically active skeletal lesions [cancerous tumors]. Almost all of these bone lesions have resolved."

"There is also marked interval improvement in lymphadenopathy in the chest. A mildly metabolically active reference lymph node between the trachea and left lung apex now measures 0.8 x 0.6 cm compared to 1.7 x 1.5 cm. There are a few small mildly metabolically active lymph nodes just posterior to the mid left clavicle that have also decreased significantly in size and metabolic activity."

"In the abdomen, there is no abnormal metabolic activity in the intra-abdominal organs. A previous 1.2 cm lymph node between the aorta and mid polar left kidney is no longer identified. No new lymph nodes are seen."

#14 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:56 AM

He might also want to have a look into rose bengal (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Rose_bengal) and possibly also vitamin D. Rose Bengal has been used on melanomas but may be ok for internal cancers - not sure whether it has been tested like this. I think 10grams of Resveratrol would be the minimum I would be taking. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Res worked - especially for him. Good luck TFI.

#15 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

He might also want to have a look into rose bengal (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Rose_bengal) and possibly also vitamin D. Rose Bengal has been used on melanomas but may be ok for internal cancers - not sure whether it has been tested like this. I think 10grams of Resveratrol would be the minimum I would be taking. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Res worked - especially for him. Good luck TFI.

It worked for Minni, and nobody thought it would.

#16 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

As far as I know there's no conflict. I just thought there would be a conflict with chemo, but maybe I'm wrong.
I think Maxwatt might be able to answer these questions.

Some doctors feel resveratrol will interfere with the chemotherapy, but the explanation I received from a leukemia patient who'd discussed it with his doctor, is that this is because resveratrol is an antioxidant. This doesn't make sense to me, resveratrol is a poor antioxidant. The fact is, without studies, no one knows. But if you google [resveratrol chemotherapy] there are a lot of claims and trials for resveratrol as an adjuvant to chemo-therapy.

My friend with leukemia elected to follow the doctors orders. He had a fairly good prognosis of several years with treatment, did not want to potentially mess it up with resveratrol. But small-cell lung cancer is a death sentence; chemotherapy only draws it out a few months. If I had lung cancer I would be taking as much resveratrol as I could tolerate, at least five, up to 10 grams a day. Diarrhea is a problem for some people. I found that taking one dose mid-afternoon eliminated this for me, as did taking a sugar-salt drink on an empty stomach -- 1 cup water, 2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tp salt, do not eat or drink for an hour before or an hour after drinking.

Some googled articles that make resveratrol look like a promising adjuvant to at least some forms of chemotherapy:

Resveratrol, Grape Compound, Turns a Switch in Cancer Cells The grape compound trans-resveratrol turns a switch in cancer cells and may overcome chemotherapy resistance, North Carolona researchers claim.
www.psa-rising.com/medicalpike/resveratrol-july00.htm -

Curcumin or resveratrol added to conventional chemotherapy ... Apr 14, 2008 ... Researchers from the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit presented findings showing that adding curcumin or resveratrol to ...
www.news-medical.net/?id=37309 - 45k -

Analysis of resveratrol as a lung cancer chemopreventive agent in ... Resveratrol inhibits PAH bioactivation through reduced expression of the CYP 1A1 and ... Stilbene derivatives ; Phytoalexin ; Resveratrol ; Chemotherapy ; ...
cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16195807

Karmanos Researchers Find Non-Toxic Agents Added to Conventional ... Karmanos researchers investigated whether the addition of non-toxic substances curcumin and resveratrol to chemotherapy (FOLFOX) would decrease the survival ...
www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS58156+13-Apr-2008+PRN20080413 -

Non-Toxic Agents Added To Conventional Chemotherapy Decrease ... Apr 14, 2008 ... Adding curcumin or resveratrol to conventional chemotherapy could be effective in preventing the growth of chemo-resistant colon cancer ...
www.emaxhealth.com/100/21660.html

ScienceDirect - American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology ... Use of Resveratrol to improve the effectiveness of cisplatin and .... with regard to the cooperative role of resveratrol with cytotoxic chemotherapy. ...
linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0002937805025615

Resveratrol Helps Kill Pancreatic Cancer Cells | Best Syndication The resveratrol also lowered the function of proteins in the cancer cell membranes making them more sensitive to chemotherapy. The cancer cells had trouble ...
www.bestsyndication.com/?q=20080325_resveratrol_pancreatic_cancer.htm

#17 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:07 AM

I written this before in ImmInst, but maybe worth posting again:

Here's my recommendation for beating cancer:

o resveratrol (a molecule derived from grapes and other plants)
-- boosts immunity, a primary natural defense versus cancer cells
-- greatly reduces metastasis, the spreading of cancer thru the body
-- silences 100's of gene-controlled mechanisms that lead to cancer cell survival and growth
-- reduces the fermentation within cells that gives them their metabolic energy
-- inhibits angiogenesis, the growth of blood vessels that feed growing tumors
-- totally safe
-- 1 gram daily

o IP-6 (a molecule derived from rice bran, but found in every cell in our body)
-- IP-6 is a highly effective metal binder and deprives cancer/tumor cells of iron and copper, two primary growth requirements
-- 2-4 grams daily

o vitamin D3
-- inhibits metastasis
-- inhibits angiogenesis
-- boosts natural killer cell activity, a particular type of white blood cell that can hunt down and kill free roaming cancer cells in the body, preventing them from spreading
-- 10,000 IU daily

o fish-based omega-3's (EPA & DHA)
-- It's a fact that no existing cancer treatment stops metastasis, yet the spread of cancer to other locations (via matastasis) accounts for over 85% of all cancer mortality. Omega-3's inhibit the adhesion of roaming cancer cells to the wall of small capillaries where most metastatic tumors begin.
-- totally safe
-- 4-6 capsules daily (LEF brand)

o selenium
-- method of action not yet known, but there's significant research showing it helps.
-- 400 mcg daily

Just as important as the supplements, DO NOT eat any dairy products. The protein casein is potentially a pro-cancerous. Also, stay clear of all starches (rice, bread, potato, pasta), and simple sugars. Cancer cells feed off of glucose 50 times more hungrily than normal cells, so do not feed them exactly what they need.

And finally, if there's any chance to live, taking chemo drugs will only make matters worse. If it were me, I'd never use chemotherapy and reduce my chances to live.

#18 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

Just a thought, but its going to be very difficult to get a kilo of a white powder to someone incarcerated for a Marijuana charge, not to mention him being able to take 10 grams on a daily basis in such a facility. Even if said white powder is a legal flavonoid like substance from grapes and knotweed.

#19 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

I written this before in ImmInst, but maybe worth posting again:

Here's my recommendation for beating cancer:

o resveratrol (a molecule derived from grapes and other plants)
-- boosts immunity, a primary natural defense versus cancer cells
-- greatly reduces metastasis, the spreading of cancer thru the body
-- silences 100's of gene-controlled mechanisms that lead to cancer cell survival and growth
-- reduces the fermentation within cells that gives them their metabolic energy
-- inhibits angiogenesis, the growth of blood vessels that feed growing tumors
-- totally safe
-- 1 gram daily

o IP-6 (a molecule derived from rice bran, but found in every cell in our body)
-- IP-6 is a highly effective metal binder and deprives cancer/tumor cells of iron and copper, two primary growth requirements
-- 2-4 grams daily

o vitamin D3
-- inhibits metastasis
-- inhibits angiogenesis
-- boosts natural killer cell activity, a particular type of white blood cell that can hunt down and kill free roaming cancer cells in the body, preventing them from spreading
-- 10,000 IU daily

o fish-based omega-3's (EPA & DHA)
-- It's a fact that no existing cancer treatment stops metastasis, yet the spread of cancer to other locations (via matastasis) accounts for over 85% of all cancer mortality. Omega-3's inhibit the adhesion of roaming cancer cells to the wall of small capillaries where most metastatic tumors begin.
-- totally safe
-- 4-6 capsules daily (LEF brand)

o selenium
-- method of action not yet known, but there's significant research showing it helps.
-- 400 mcg daily

Just as important as the supplements, DO NOT eat any dairy products. The protein casein is potentially a pro-cancerous. Also, stay clear of all starches (rice, bread, potato, pasta), and simple sugars. Cancer cells feed off of glucose 50 times more hungrily than normal cells, so do not feed them exactly what they need.

And finally, if there's any chance to live, taking chemo drugs will only make matters worse. If it were me, I'd never use chemotherapy and reduce my chances to live.

Good plan, but change that 1g of Resveratrol to 10g. Maybe 1g would work as a preventative measure but
thefirstimmortal is trying to conquer it, not prevent it.

#20 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:21 AM

Just a thought, but its going to be very difficult to get a kilo of a white powder to someone incarcerated for a Marijuana charge, not to mention him being able to take 10 grams on a daily basis in such a facility. Even if said white powder is a legal flavonoid like substance from grapes and knotweed.

He's out.

#21 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

missminni,

<edited, he is at 125lbs>

ok, a minimum of ..errr.... ok, I agree with you all, 10 grams a day is great if he could handle it... See second study below... I would say it may not hurt if he had alot of it leading into chemo.

I think maxwatt might have mentioned these:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14666716
10 microM (3 days)

http://jn.nutrition....ract/131/6/1844
10mg/kg

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 22 July 2008 - 04:06 AM.

#22 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

missminni,

ok, a minimum of ..errr.... ok, I agree with you all, 10 grams a day is great if he could handle it... See second study below... I would say it may not hurt if he had alot of it leading into chemo.

10 microM (3 days)

10mg/kg

A

Perhaps one or more of the commercial suppliers who frequent this site could jointly provide a further few kilos of resveratrol, provided the individual in question gave them personal information confirming his condition (including access to his physician) and agreed to provide information on an ongoing basis to them regarding his condition.

In the event his condition substantially improved as was the case with Miss Minni's dog, this would indicate to the suppliers that funding a clinical trial would be warranted and worth the investment down the road.

#23 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

missminni,

10 microM (3 days)

10mg/kg

A

Perhaps one or more of the commercial suppliers who frequent this site could jointly provide a further few kilos of resveratrol, provided the individual in question gave them personal information confirming his condition (including access to his physician) and agreed to provide information on an ongoing basis to them regarding his condition.

In the event his condition substantially improved as was the case with Miss Minni's dog, this would indicate to the suppliers that funding a clinical trial would be warranted and worth the investment down the road.

There is a kilogram on its way to him now, courtesy of some anonymous activity.

#24 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

I suspect that using Resveratrol for cancer might be a political hot potato in the pharma community. After all the current chemo treatments and cancer pharmaceuticals generate $42 billion in business a year. I thought that might even be the reason that sirtris is pursuing its use for diabetes 2 instead. One wouldn't infringe on any major existing market that way. JMO

#25 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

I would like to begin here by Thanking Missminni for being a proactive member and helping me with my battle against cancer. And also, to the very responsive anonymous donor who paid for a kilo of Resveratrol.

I will be spending much of the day here in the Resveratrol forum.

#26 DaffyDuck

• 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

10g is exactly what I was thinking too. Question is should he also do the ethanol -> miralax/lecithin treatment also?

Since he's going to need to take a lot that would make the $ go further and perhaps reduce possible side effects (like diarrhea) since he wouldn't have to take as much to get an equivalent amount into the bloodstream.

By the way, it would be a good idea to use lecithin instead of miralax in this case.

Edited by DaffyDuck, 22 July 2008 - 02:02 PM.

#27 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

10 grams of micronized? No, it would be less if he was using micronized...

I would hope he would mix it in solution to increase the absorption.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 22 July 2008 - 02:07 PM.

#28 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I would like to make a correction, Missminni may not have been aware, but I was allowed to get vitamins in prison. In fact, I exhausted my funds in Prison purchasing vitamins to fight the cancer.

They wouldn't allow him to take his supplements in prison.

so any help offered in the form of resveratrol or funds to purchase resveratrol would be greatly appreciated. This is an opportunity to save a life and test the cancer curing properties of Resveratrol on a real person.

The offer of the resveratrol is greatly appreciated. I'm excited about the opportunity of using this chemical to help beat back the cancer. I don't know a lot about it right now, I have read Missminni's thread where she used it to cure cancer for her two dogs, and I reviewed a few links the other day that were posted.

#29 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

10 grams of micronized? No, it would be less if he was using micronized...

A

It's not micronized. He can take it with a whey protein drink. Maxwatt,
after all his attempts at adding ehnancements is back to whey protein as the most effective method.
His big toe told him so.
I really think simpler is better in this case. Otherwise it just makes the process to complicated and I
am not convinced all that mixing and such is that effective anyway. All the experiments just
put it in the subjects food. Plain old powder mixed in food. That's how i did Minni. Just flooded her with it.
I am quite sure if he needs more res the anonymous angel will help out again.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 DaffyDuck

• 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

There is at least one study that suggests Resveratrol and chemotherapy together may have benefits. Here's a summary.

http://www.scienceda...80325125937.htm

Reduced the function of proteins in the pancreatic cancer cell membranes that are responsible for pumping chemotherapy out of the cell, making the cells chemo-sensitive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users