Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#61 fast turtle

• 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

but can you explain why you would go without food for 20 days?

The formation of ketone bodies and lack of glucose and protein makes it very difficult for cancers to grow.

edit: oh yeah, you probably see a few compounds in that study I posted that are from watercress, a plant known to have strongly anti-carcinogenic effects. Here's a news article from BBC about the plant: http://news.bbc.co.u...lth/6360601.stm

You can buy it dried for cheap online, and lots of places sell it fresh. It contains little protein or carbohydrates.

Edited by fast turtle, 22 July 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#62 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

but can you explain why you would go without food for 20 days?

The formation of ketone bodies and lack of glucose and protein makes it very difficult for cancers to grow.

Oh, I see. Starve the tumor. Hopefully Resveratrol will reduce it
without having to do that.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 elwalvador

• 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

What drugs were Tony Snow and Peter Jennings on? Cause they obviously didn't work

#64 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

He might also want to have a look into... vitamin D.
Good luck TFI.

V-D (800iu per day) V-D-3 (800-400iu/day) [D-3 LEM 800iu]
Covered.
And thank you for wishing me good luck.

Not covered. Pitifully low amount.

You can do things halfway and die. Or you can put up a fight and live.

I may have missed it.... What type of cancer do you have?

#65 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

What drugs were Tony Snow and Peter Jennings on? Cause they obviously didn't work

Chemo drugs only make matters worse, but people are too fearful to stop using them.

Far far far better to eat low carb, no starch, good fats/oils, lots of raw veggies, no sugary drinks or fruit juices, no read meats (iron makes matters worse), and take a lot of high-quality supplements.

I've helped people beat cancer before, just through common sense eating and certain supps. (I've talked about this before on Imminst.) Then there are people who do not follow simple guidelines (like my father-in-law), who died right on schedule from cancer.

I'm not saying cancer can be beat every time. But, and least put up the best fight possible. Modern medicine has had a war on cancer for 30 years and it's been an unqualified failure. Survival rates and cure rates are no better now than then. People still obey the system out of ignorance and desperation.

#66 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

Good luck TFI.

Covered.

There are links in the first post of this topic that describe what kind of cancer he has in detail.

February 11, 2008

Dr. Christopher Short
Regional Medical Director for CMS

RE: Orights, William

Dear Dr. Short:

Mr. Orights is currently a patient of mine at Maine Medical Center with the diagnosis of extensive small cell lung cancer. The patient is currently undergoing palliative chemotherapy as well as radiation treatment to the metastatic bone disease. Extensive small cell lung cancer carries a mean prognosis of approximately 6-8 months. Patients often time respond to initial treatment, however, often times progress with the likelihood of steady decline in his condition to death. There is no known curative treatment for extensive small cell lung cancer and all therapy is considered palliative. Therefore my estimation of life expectancy is 6-8months.

Should you have any questions in regards to his prognosis and treatment please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

Sincerely
Kurt S. Ebrahim, D.O.
Medical Oncology

How much D 3 to recommend?

Edited by missminni, 23 July 2008 - 12:24 AM.

#67 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

Another point Duke mentioned is that you need to get your body in a cancer unfriendly state.

I have done extensive research on diet and while the optimal diet for life extension is still up for debate (yes it is CR but what combination of macro nutrients fats carbs proteins is still in question, I have a feeling its CR with low carb, adequate protein (not high protein) and high fat as fuel)....

Edward, I understand that research indicates that one can extend their life span by as much as 30 percent simply by restricting caloric intake to semi starvation levels of twelve hundred to thirteen hundred calories per day. I do find this new dietary-technology data compelling Edward, but it is personally not for me, because it requires two other major medical breakthroughs that are nowhere on the horizon, namely, willpower and self-discipline.

#68 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

Chemo drugs only make matters worse, but people are too fearful to stop using them.

Far far far better to eat low carb, no starch, good fats/oils, lots of raw veggies, no sugary drinks or fruit juices, no read meats (iron makes matters worse), and take a lot of high-quality supplements.

I've helped people beat cancer before, just through common sense eating and certain supps. (I've talked about this before on Imminst.) Then there are people who do not follow simple guidelines (like my father-in-law), who died right on schedule from cancer.

I'm not saying cancer can be beat every time. But, and least put up the best fight possible. Modern medicine has had a war on cancer for 30 years and it's been an unqualified failure. Survival rates and cure rates are no better now than then. People still obey the system out of ignorance and desperation.

I agree about chemo. Totally.
Resveratrol will change all that. TFI's prognosis looks grim on paper and so did Minni's but she's fine and he will be too. I have no doubt.
There's enough evidence to be confident that Res is effective.

#69 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

The items below were on my list.
Essential Fatty Acids, (8-12 “Mega” EPA with 4 “Mega” “Gla”)
Resveratrol
Indole 3 Carbinol w/resveratrol (1-2 caps/day)
Selenium (200 to 400mcg daily) [LEM 200mcg]

I did not use Resveratrol, Indole 3 Carbinol or any of the fish-based omega-3's. I can't tell you why at the moment I chose other items over these. As I sift thru my notes and post, perhaps I will be able to say.

The selenium may be an overdose. Ideally you want 130-150 ng/ml. 237 mcg/day (37 from diet according to CRON-o-Meter, 200 from a SeMC supplement) gave me 150 ng/ml. The average American diet yields 106 mcg/day, so most people would need less than 200 mcg.

I believe that DIM is preferable to I3C.

Arch Intern Med. 2008 Feb 25;168(4):404-10.
Serum selenium levels and all-cause, cancer, and cardiovascular mortality among US adults.
Bleys J, Navas-Acien A, Guallar E.
Department of Epidemiology, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research, The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA. jbleys@jhsph.edu

BACKGROUND: Selenium, an essential trace element involved in defense against oxidative stress, may prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. We evaluated the association between selenium levels and all-cause and cause-specific mortality in a representative sample of US adults. METHODS: Serum selenium levels were measured in 13,887 adult participants in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Study participants were recruited from 1988 to 1994 and followed up for mortality for up to 12 years. RESULTS: The mean serum selenium level was 125.6 ng/mL. The multivariate adjusted hazard ratios comparing the highest (> or = 130.39 ng/mL) with the lowest (< 117.31 ng/mL) serum selenium level tertile were 0.83 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.72-0.96) for all-cause mortality, 0.69 (95% CI, 0.53-0.90) for cancer mortality, and 0.94 (95% CI, 0.77-1.16) for cardiovascular mortality. However, based on spline regression models, the association between serum selenium levels and all-cause and cancer mortality was nonlinear, with an inverse association at low selenium levels (< 130 ng/mL) and a modest increase in mortality at high selenium levels (> 150 ng/mL). There was no association between serum selenium levels and cardiovascular mortality. CONCLUSIONS: In a representative sample of the US population, we found a nonlinear association between serum selenium levels and all-cause and cancer mortality. Increasing serum selenium levels were associated with decreased mortality up to 130 ng/mL. Our study, however, raises the concern that higher serum selenium levels may be associated with increased mortality.

PMID: 18299496

#70 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

Another point Duke mentioned is that you need to get your body in a cancer unfriendly state.

I have done extensive research on diet and while the optimal diet for life extension is still up for debate (yes it is CR but what combination of macro nutrients fats carbs proteins is still in question, I have a feeling its CR with low carb, adequate protein (not high protein) and high fat as fuel)....

Edward, I understand that research indicates that one can extend their life span by as much as 30 percent simply by restricting caloric intake to semi starvation levels of twelve hundred to thirteen hundred calories per day. I do find this new dietary-technology data compelling Edward, but it is personally not for me, because it requires two other major medical breakthroughs that are nowhere on the horizon, namely, willpower and self-discipline.

I do 1200 calories when i diet...it's the only way I can lose weight. You would be surprised at how much you can
consume for 1200 calories...and eat healthy too...but in your case I don't see that as necessary...in fact I think you need to eat...the right things of course, but you need to build yourself up. Minni ate like a horse while getting better. The resveratrol seemed to increase her appetite and
as you can see from her picture, she is solid, no fat, but solid and muscular. That's from resveratrol. She probably weighs the same as before but it
is distributed differently. Minni looks so much better now. Better than she has in a couple of years.

#71 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

Regardless Cancer cells hate a low glucose environment, even more they hate ketosis as their is very little fuel for them to use to grow with.
I would immediately start an ultra low carb paleo diet with lots of supplemental non starchy vegetables. Keeping protein levels at adequate but not too excessive may be ideal for life extension but in this case I wouldn't worry about that.

High fat, High protein (from meats and eggs, pure paleo so no dairy) with carbs only coming from non starchy vegetables, some berries and nuts.

My diet consists largely meat. High volume of eggs, chicken, tuna fish, almonds, mixed nuts, walnuts. I shun all sugar and carbs and starch. I am aware of the issue of keeping a low glucose environment. For vegetables I eat a lot of green peppers, garlic (OK so that’s not a vegetable) cauliflower, cabbage, raw broccoli, light on the onions. I do some light juicing, cantaloupe, oranges, and pineapple.

I did relax the diet after I got back from the hospital; it was the only way to bump my weight up from 125. I started eating earlier in the day, around 4:00pm, and again at around 9:00pm. I would be really full, but Carol had an 11oz bag of those mini chocolate chips that you put in chocolate chip cookies. I would take a small handful, eat a few at a time, and then eat some nuts than eat a little more chocolate. That would give me a mild sugar spike for a few hours, and that would cause me to get hungry again for another munch fest at midnight. I’m not doing that now, but my weight has also stalled. It’s hard to put weight on, meat fills me up fast. I eat a lot of cheese; I use it to make sandwiches as opposed to bread. A lot of black olives also.

#72 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

Regardless Cancer cells hate a low glucose environment, even more they hate ketosis as their is very little fuel for them to use to grow with.
I would immediately start an ultra low carb paleo diet with lots of supplemental non starchy vegetables. Keeping protein levels at adequate but not too excessive may be ideal for life extension but in this case I wouldn't worry about that.

High fat, High protein (from meats and eggs, pure paleo so no dairy) with carbs only coming from non starchy vegetables, some berries and nuts.

My diet consists largely meat. High volume of eggs, chicken, tuna fish, almonds, mixed nuts, walnuts. I shun all sugar and carbs and starch. I am aware of the issue of keeping a low glucose environment. For vegetables I eat a lot of green peppers, garlic (OK so that’s not a vegetable) cauliflower, cabbage, raw broccoli, light on the onions. I do some light juicing, cantaloupe, oranges, and pineapple.

I did relax the diet after I got back from the hospital; it was the only way to bump my weight up from 125. I started eating earlier in the day, around 4:00pm, and again at around 9:00pm. I would be really full, but Carol had an 11oz bag of those mini chocolate chips that you put in chocolate chip cookies. I would take a small handful, eat a few at a time, and then eat some nuts than eat a little more chocolate. That would give me a mild sugar spike for a few hours, and that would cause me to get hungry again for another munch fest at midnight. I’m not doing that now, but my weight has also stalled. It’s hard to put weight on, meat fills me up fast. I eat a lot of cheese; I use it to make sandwiches as opposed to bread. A lot of black olives also.

Cheese might not be such a great thing to eat. It's too intense. and those mini chocolate chips are all sugar no? why do you eat so late? do you get up late?

#73 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

The SERM nolvadex/tamoxifen is very cheap from the right source, it will also boost testosterone levels in males which enhances the immune system and will help you retain muscle mass, all around a good cheap addition.

Good information. I have lost muscle mass, not that I had a lot to begin with. Muscle wasting is more than a slight concern.

#74 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

Keeping an alkaline chemistry is important as well. From what I understand, cancer thrives in an acidic environment.[/font][/size]

I've come across that in several books. Ray K in fantastic Journey wrote much about that.

#75 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

The SERM nolvadex/tamoxifen is very cheap from the right source, it will also boost testosterone levels in males which enhances the immune system and will help you retain muscle mass, all around a good cheap addition.

Good information. I have lost muscle mass, not that I had a lot to begin with. Muscle wasting is more than a slight concern.

sorry if i sound like a broken record, but minni lost muscle mass too, and resveratrol
built it back up.

#76 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

I would also recommend that you look into Maitake and Agaricus Blazei Muril Mushroom supplement

Here is some text I googled:

Agaricus Blazei mushroom is widely recognized as an exceptional natural supplement for its claimed anti-cancer and immunity enhancing effects, to the point where it is used for AIDS treatment. In Japan, intensive research has been done with guinea pigs reveal that the mushroom prevents cancer development 99.4% and cures cancer 90.0%. Now, several active ingredients have been identified.

Normally, the polysaccharides found in fungus only affect solid cancers, however the polysaccharide in Agaricus Blazei is effective against Ehrich's ascites carcinoma, sigmoid colonic cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate, and liver cancer as well as against solid cancers.

The studies in Japan showed Agaricus Blazei to be 80% more effective than the world's number one cancer drug, PSK. It contains much higher levels of beta glucans than the other medicinal mushrooms (Maitake, Shiitake, and Reishi). It stimulates NK (Natural Killer) cell activity at a rate higher than MGN-3.

My list only has "Mushrooms, Maitake, reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), shiitake, (lentinula edodes)". I'll add the others you listed. Thank You Chemflip.

#77 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:02 AM

what was the response to it?

Response to the diet?

#78 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:03 AM

what was the response to it?

Response to the diet?

to your letter requesting a different diet

#79 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

I would like to begin here by Thanking Missminni for being a proactive member and helping me with my battle against cancer. And also, to the very responsive anonymous donor who paid for a kilo of Resveratrol.

I will be spending much of the day here in the Resveratrol forum.

Hi THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

There is also a hedgehog inhibitor program that has showed great success in fighting cancer (better than resveratrol)

http://www.clinicalt...0...ehog&rank=2

I have personally heard and seen testimonials regarding people in this trail. If you don't meet all the criteria then PUSH for "compassionate use only." Hope this helps

This is from a friend who just started the clinical trial.

"Findings: There is marked interval improvement. On the previous exam [xxx] there were too numerous to count markedly metabolically active skeletal lesions [cancerous tumors]. Almost all of these bone lesions have resolved."

"There is also marked interval improvement in lymphadenopathy in the chest. A mildly metabolically active reference lymph node between the trachea and left lung apex now measures 0.8 x 0.6 cm compared to 1.7 x 1.5 cm. There are a few small mildly metabolically active lymph nodes just posterior to the mid left clavicle that have also decreased significantly in size and metabolic activity."

"In the abdomen, there is no abnormal metabolic activity in the intra-abdominal organs. A previous 1.2 cm lymph node between the aorta and mid polar left kidney is no longer identified. No new lymph nodes are seen."

I can get you lots of documentation regarding cancer and SCLC and how it is related to the Hedgehog Pathway.

#80 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

I would like to begin here by Thanking Missminni for being a proactive member and helping me with my battle against cancer. And also, to the very responsive anonymous donor who paid for a kilo of Resveratrol.

Hi THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

There is also a hedgehog inhibitor program that has showed great success in fighting cancer (better than resveratrol)

I have personally heard and seen testimonials regarding people in this trail. If you don't meet all the criteria then PUSH for "compassionate use only." Hope this helps

"Findings: There is marked interval improvement. On the previous exam [xxx] there were too numerous to count markedly metabolically active skeletal lesions [cancerous tumors]. Almost all of these bone lesions have resolved."

"There is also marked interval improvement in lymphadenopathy in the chest. A mildly metabolically active reference lymph node between the trachea and left lung apex now measures 0.8 x 0.6 cm compared to 1.7 x 1.5 cm. There are a few small mildly metabolically active lymph nodes just posterior to the mid left clavicle that have also decreased significantly in size and metabolic activity."

"In the abdomen, there is no abnormal metabolic activity in the intra-abdominal organs. A previous 1.2 cm lymph node between the aorta and mid polar left kidney is no longer identified. No new lymph nodes are seen."

I can get you lots of documentation regarding cancer and SCLC and how it is related to the Hedgehog Pathway.

but he would have to stay in Maryland to participate

#81 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

This is pretty good, though I wouldn't use many fruits in my juicing -- adds too much sugar. I wouldn't worry about a calorie restricted diet (although that would likely help). The bigger key is staying away from sugar, simple carbs, starches, and dairy.

#82 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:54 AM

Generally speaking Matt, I go on an involuntary fast prior to chemo. The tumor chokes off the esophogus and causes vomitting. Why, I went on a big fast before for my first chemo treatment, lost about 35 pounds just before they dumped the cisplatin in me. :)

Did you see the experimental stuff on mice that were fasted before chemo treatment? They were able to withstand up to 5-10x the maximum dosage usually allowed, and protected the healthy cells but not the cancer cells. They lost less weight and fewer signs of general toxicity.

See this short news clip on it http://www.thoughtwa...Starving-Cancer

#83 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

Once you start the Res, I'm pretty confident the tumor will shrink, but can you explain why you would go without food for 20 days?

If the tumor progresses normally, it will be back and will choke off my esophagus once again. I need to be able to go 20 or 30 days without food while trying to shrink it. I don’t want to be tube fed. That was an issue back in January, the doctors all wanted to start tube feeding, I simply refused. With enough reserves I can go without eating for quite some time.

#84 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

Good luck TFI.

Covered.

The information I had suggested that those were therapeutic amounts. If you have other 411, I would love to see it. I’m not saying all my research was dead on.

#85 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:36 AM

This is pretty good, though I wouldn't use many fruits in my juicing -- adds too much sugar. I wouldn't worry about a calorie restricted diet (although that would likely help). The bigger key is staying away from sugar, simple carbs, starches, and dairy.

I second this post, the first thought I had when I heard juicing fruits was to watch out for too many simple sugars sneaking in.

Personally I would in this life or death case limit my fruits to berries, preferably the wild variety (these can be had frozen at costco, sams, BJs, Walmart, Kroger or whatever) fairly cheaply. Fresh is great but often prohibitively expensive and only 1/3-1/2 cup max per day since you are eating nuts as well which carry with them some carbs though very very low glycemic. Non starchy vegetables you should literally be eating raw at every chance you get. Kale, Red Cabbage, Spinach, All sorts of dark leafy greens, Squashes, etc etc., throw them all in a blender, smash them down, add some whey protein olive oil, coconut oil and some raw dark chocolate power and blend away. Doesnt taste too go but man your body will love it and your cancer will hate it.

#86 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hi THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

Well that is his choice... Either try a supplement/starving or try something that has been specifically tested on SCLC animal models the choice is his. Plus there are min side effects seen in phase I and phase II... Treatment would be free because of a clinical trial... If nothing else is working it might be worth taking a look at and at least a call. There are already people using this drug for "compassionate use"

#87 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hi THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

Well that is his choice... Either try a supplement/starving or try something that has been specifically tested on SCLC animal models the choice is his. Plus there are min side effects seen in phase I and phase II... Treatment would be free because of a clinical trial... If nothing else is working it might be worth taking a look at and at least a call. There are already people using this drug for "compassionate use"

I agree I would be all over this, trying to get it for compassionate use. Looks much more promising than the slow painful death chemo drugs we have now.
By taking it for compassionate use you could still try everything else so it couldn't hurt.

Hedgehog knows his stuff.

#88 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Cheese might not be such a great thing to eat. It's too intense.

What can I say Missminni. You got a better chance of seeing God than seeing me give up cheese.

and those mini chocolate chips are all sugar no?

Yes, all sugar, but like I said, a very temporary thing just to bump my weight up quick.

why do you eat so late? do you get up late?[/font][/size]

I generally go to bed around 2-3am. And get up around 7-8am.

#89 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:01 AM

sorry if i sound like a broken record, but minni lost muscle mass too, and resveratrol
built it back up.

I caught that Missminni, I look forward to seeing what that does. DHEA works fine for that also, of course DHEA doesn't help the cancer.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

I just use the three listed, and not daily. And not much when I do. I'll do like two oranges with all the white pithy parts on the outside. It's not like it makes a full glass. I go light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users