THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#91 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Well that is his choice...

Well, not exactly. I can't leave the State of Maine without the States permission.

#92 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

what was the response to it?

Response to the diet?

to your letter requesting a different diet

Oh, they approved it, along with my request that I be allowed to have my vitamins sent in. They were being pretty accommodating after they found out I really did have cancer. They were a little nervous about having me file a lawsuit for denying me medical care. I did after all go from July to December without treatment, even though I requested an x-ray in July after putting in a medical slip.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 scorpe

• 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

Would melatonin help?

http://www.lef.org/m...elatonin_01.htm

Much more to be found on the net.

Edited by scorpe, 23 July 2008 - 06:50 AM.

#94 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:03 AM

I would like to begin here by Thanking Missminni for being a proactive member and helping me with my battle against cancer. And also, to the very responsive anonymous donor who paid for a kilo of Resveratrol.

I will be spending much of the day here in the Resveratrol forum.

Hi THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

There is also a hedgehog inhibitor program that has showed great success in fighting cancer (better than resveratrol)

http://www.clinicalt...0...ehog&rank=2

I have personally heard and seen testimonials regarding people in this trail. If you don't meet all the criteria then PUSH for "compassionate use only." Hope this helps

This is from a friend who just started the clinical trial.

"Findings: There is marked interval improvement. On the previous exam [xxx] there were too numerous to count markedly metabolically active skeletal lesions [cancerous tumors]. Almost all of these bone lesions have resolved."

"There is also marked interval improvement in lymphadenopathy in the chest. A mildly metabolically active reference lymph node between the trachea and left lung apex now measures 0.8 x 0.6 cm compared to 1.7 x 1.5 cm. There are a few small mildly metabolically active lymph nodes just posterior to the mid left clavicle that have also decreased significantly in size and metabolic activity."

"In the abdomen, there is no abnormal metabolic activity in the intra-abdominal organs. A previous 1.2 cm lymph node between the aorta and mid polar left kidney is no longer identified. No new lymph nodes are seen."

I can get you lots of documentation regarding cancer and SCLC and how it is related to the Hedgehog Pathway.

but he would have to stay in Maryland to participate

Well that is his choice... Either try a supplement/starving or try something that has been specifically tested on SCLC animal models the choice is his. Plus there are min side effects seen in phase I and phase II... Treatment would be free because of a clinical trial... If nothing else is working it might be worth taking a look at and at least a call. There are already people using this drug for "compassionate use"

would he be able to take resveratrol and participate in this at the same time?

#95 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

[/quote]

I suspect that using Resveratrol for cancer might be a political hot potato in the pharma community. After all the current chemo treatments and cancer pharmaceuticals generate $42 billion in business a year. I thought that might even be the reason that sirtris is pursuing its use for diabetes 2 instead. One wouldn't infringe on any major existing market that way. JMO
[/quote]

I'm not sure why you think "using resveratrol for cancer" would be a political "hot potato". Unlike stem cell, etc. research, I can't imagine it offending many politicians. As far as its potential to "infringe" on existing products or products in development by pharmaceutical companies, it can't and won't. Natural substances such as resveratrol cannot be patented.

Resveratrol does have the potential to compete with existing and future patented pharmaceutical products, and for this reason pharmaceutical companies may not be interested in funding research into resveratrol's cancer fighting potential, but that's not relevant to my initial post in this thread.

#96 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

what was the response to it?

Response to the diet?

to your letter requesting a different diet

Oh, they approved it, along with my request that I be allowed to have my vitamins sent in. They were being pretty accommodating after they found out I really did have cancer. They were a little nervous about having me file a lawsuit for denying me medical care. I did after all go from July to December without treatment, even though I requested an x-ray in July after putting in a medical slip.

That is grounds enough for a lawsuit, if you have heirs and all treatments fail; even if you survive, "pain and suffering" might be enough. Caught early enough, before metastasis, your condition could have been treatable. There may be a law firm willing to take it on contingency. Six months could have made all the difference.

#97 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

would he be able to take resveratrol and participate in this at the same time?

I think the only thing resveratrol will do is effect BCl-2 expression of the cancer cells which might help w/ cancer. I really hope it does. But from a cancer biology stand point this clinical trial is a truly unique opportunity for patients who are not responding to current medication. I didn't design the clinical trial so I'm not sure if he could or couldn't take resveratrol. However, my friend is taking about 4 other drugs along w/ GDC-0449. Like I said I don't know if there is a clinical trial in his state (you would have to call), and I'm not sure what it would take to get a shipment of this drug to him from another clinical trial site (or if they could). I don't know all the details of these types of issues.

#98 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

I suspect that using Resveratrol for cancer might be a political hot potato in the pharma community. After all the current chemo treatments and cancer pharmaceuticals generate $42 billion in business a year. I thought that might even be the reason that sirtris is pursuing its use for diabetes 2 instead. One wouldn't infringe on any major existing market that way. JMO

I'm not sure why you think "using resveratrol for cancer" would be a political "hot potato". Unlike stem cell, etc. research, I can't imagine it offending many politicians. As far as its potential to "infringe" on existing products or products in development by pharmaceutical companies, it can't and won't. Natural substances such as resveratrol cannot be patented.

Resveratrol does have the potential to compete with existing and future patented pharmaceutical products, and for this reason pharmaceutical companies may not be interested in funding research into resveratrol's cancer fighting potential, but that's not relevant to my initial post in this thread.

I meant political in the pharmaceutical community, which I clearly stated....not among politicians. True such natural substances cannot be pateneted but they can be synthesized and those synthetic versions can be patented and then the natural substance
can be restricted....like the government has already attempted to do with other supplements.

#99 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

I think that in a situation like this Hedgehog's advice makes sense (try to get an experimental drug).
There is another clinical trial for NSCLC
http://bethesdatrial...D=NCI-08-C-0086.
The action of the inhibitor in question, PF-00299804, is briefly
described in:
Mol Cancer Ther. 2008 Jul;7(7):1880-9. Epub 2008 Jul 7.
Antitumor activity and pharmacokinetic properties of PF-00299804, a second-generation irreversible pan-erbB receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor.Gonzales AJ, Hook KE, Althaus IW, Ellis PA, Trachet E, Delaney AM, Harvey PJ, Ellis TA, Amato DM, Nelson JM, Fry DW, Zhu T, Loi CM, Fakhoury SA, Schlosser KM, Sexton KE, Winters RT, Reed JE, Bridges AJ, Lettiere DJ, Baker DA, Yang J, Lee HT, Tecle H, Vincent PW.
Discovery Biology and Internal Medicine, Pfizer, Inc., 7000 Portage Road, KZO-300-4-406.4, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. Andrea.Gonzales@pfizer.com.

Signaling through the erbB receptor family of tyrosine kinases contributes to the proliferation, differentiation, migration, and survival of a variety of cell types. Abnormalities in members of this receptor family have been shown to play a role in oncogenesis, thus making them attractive targets for anticancer treatments. PF-00299804 is a second-generation irreversible pan-erbB receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor currently in phase I clinical trials. PF-00299804 is believed to irreversibly inhibit erbB tyrosine kinase activity through binding at the ATP site and covalent modification of nucleophilic cysteine residues in the catalytic domains of erbB family members. Oral administration of PF-00299804 causes significant antitumor activity, including marked tumor regressions in a variety of human tumor xenograft models that express and/or overexpress erbB family members or contain the double mutation (L858R/T790M) in erbB1 (EGFR) associated with resistance to gefitinib and erlotinib. Furthermore, PF-00299804 shows exceptional distribution to human tumor xenografts and excellent pharmacokinetic properties across species. [Mol Cancer Ther 2008;7(7):1880-9].

PMID: 18606718 [PubMed - in process]

#100 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

First Immortal,

This article may be of interest to you:

"Nanoparticles protect a potent anticancer drug, allow it to be taken orally"

http://www.kurzweila......html?id=8971

http://www.childrens...ublevel440.html

"In clinical trials, TNP-470 suppressed a surprisingly wide range of cancers, including metastatic cancers, and produced a few complete remissions. Trials were suspended in the 1990s because of neurologic side effects that occasionally occurred at high doses, but it remains one of the broadest-spectrum angiogenesis inhibitors known. Lodamin appears to retain TNP-470's potency and broad spectrum of activity, but with no detectable neurotoxicity and greatly enhanced oral availability."

Edited by TianZi, 23 July 2008 - 04:46 PM.

#101 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

Cheese might not be such a great thing to eat. It's too intense.

What can I say Missminni. You got a better chance of seeing God than seeing me give up cheese.
well then, you might just give up cheese :~
A question: if you eat cheese, which is dairy, why won't you eat yogurt or drink milk?
I ask because yogurt is an excellent way to take Res. You get the benefit of whey protein and acidophilus.
And dare I tell you about mixing it in Jack Daniels? I did that when I first started...it is quite an excellent method.
Maxwatt can back me on that. That would certainly add some calories to your diet.

and those mini chocolate chips are all sugar no?

Yes, all sugar, but like I said, a very temporary thing just to bump my weight up quick.
there are better ways to gain weight...nuts for one. lots of calories in nuts.
and if you are craving something sweet, try sweetening with agave or maple syrup. The refined white sugar
they use in chocolate chips is pure poison. Sorry if I'm sounding like a nagging mom.

#102 theone

• Life Member
  • 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

"American researchers will soon start a human trial to determine whether a treatment that can eradicate cancer in mice will do the same in people.
In the animal studies, white blood cells from cancer-resistant mice cured all lab mice who had malignant tumours. The cells have also been able to kill cervical, prostate and breast cancer tumour cells in Petri dish" tests.

"All the mice we treated were 100 per cent cured," lead researcher Dr. Zheng Cui told CTV News. "So that was very surprising for us."

There also seem to be a correlation with Vitamin D and the amount of these Granulocytes the average a person may have. This also may work independently of Resveratrol. From my understating Resveratrol induces cells to commit suicide. These Granulocytes physically attacks the cancer cell's. You if can some how increase your Granulocytes count it would only be an added benefit.

http://www.ctv.ca/se...80627/20080628/

Edited by theone, 23 July 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#103 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

"American researchers will soon start a human trial to determine whether a treatment that can eradicate cancer in mice will do the same in people.
In the animal studies, white blood cells from cancer-resistant mice cured all lab mice who had malignant tumours. The cells have also been able to kill cervical, prostate and breast cancer tumour cells in Petri dish" tests.

"All the mice we treated were 100 per cent cured," lead researcher Dr. Zheng Cui told CTV News. "So that was very surprising for us."

There also seem to be a correlation with Vitamin D and the amount of these Granulocytes the average a person may have. This also may work independently of Resveratrol. From my understating Resveratrol induces cells to commit suicide. These Granulocytes physically attacks the cancer cell's. You if can some how increase your Granulocytes count it would only be an added benefit.

http://www.ctv.ca/se...80627/20080628/

This is amazing. Wonderful. With this and Res he would be home free.

ETA~more about the cancer resistant mouse studiesand the Clinical Trial for it..

and the qualifications for participation

How Can Cancer Patients Participate?

Patients must meet the following criteria in order to become eligible for this research study:

* YOU ARE CAPABLE OF CARING FOR YOURSELF
* YOU ARE UP AND ABOUT FOR AT LEAST HALF OF THE TIME
* YOU DON’T HAVE DIABETES, SIGNIFICANT CARDIAC DISEASE AND/OR AN ACTIVE SERIOUS INFECTION
* YOU HAVE NOT USED IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE AGENTS OTHER THAN STEROIDS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE TRIAL
* YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT OR NURSING
* YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY MUST BE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED BONE MARROW/STEM CELL TRANSPLANTS
* YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF BRAIN METASTASES
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED TREATMENT WITH FLUDARABINE
* YOU DON’T HAVE A HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCY
* YOU CAN NO LONGER BENEFIT FROM CONVENTIONAL THERAPY

LIFT Research Study

Granulocyte infusion therapy has been traditionally used for treating neutropenia-related infections for over 30 years with excellent safety records. Since a significantly higher dose of granulocytes for each patient is proposed in our new cancer treatment, the primary goal of this clinical trial is to test whether the recipients can tolerate the proposed dose of granulocytes.

The main focus of the trial is the possibility of developing Transfusion-Associated Graft vs Host Diseases (TA-GVHD) and other potential side effects in the study subjects at higher doses of donor granulocyte.

Donor granulocytes per se are not known to produce TA-GVHD. However, granulocytes collected via apheresis may contain with some donor T-lymphocytes that in some rare occasions can produce various degrees of TA-GVHD in some individuals, especially the recipients with immune suppression. If possible, we will also make observations on the efficacy of this treatment on the study subjects with measurable diseases of cancer. We will recruit 22 cancer patients as study subjects for this trial.

This research study has met all regulatory requirements including approval by the Wake Forest University School of Medicine’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) and been granted IND (Investigational New Drug) status by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is currently registered at clinicaltrials.gov and the PDQ database of National Cancer Institute.

Actually it sounds a bit risky, no?

Edited by missminni, 23 July 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#104 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

While Melatonin looks promising, I tried it years ago for sleep purposes. Even a small dose of 3mg totally wiped me out, and left me groggy most of the next morning. And they suggest taking 20 grams, so I originally dismissed this as a quality of life issue. But you know, recently when the tumor blew up, for several weeks I was in severe pain and couldn’t sleep for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. Perhaps melatonin would have helped.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention scorpe. I may reconsider this supplement.

Would melatonin help?

http://www.lef.org/m...elatonin_01.htm

Much more to be found on the net.

#105 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

That is grounds enough for a lawsuit, if you have heirs and all treatments fail; even if you survive, "pain and suffering" might be enough. Caught early enough, before metastasis, your condition could have been treatable. There may be a law firm willing to take it on contingency. Six months could have made all the difference.

Hi Maxwatt
It’s grounds for sure. I had two lawyers trying to get me out early on a Medical release; both wanted to take the case on. I’m familiar with our courts up here, even a case that is a great case would take at least 2 years to wind through the courts.

I spoke about this issue at length with Bob E. while I was in the hospital. I reasoned that I could fight the cancer or fight the lawsuit; I didn’t care to fight both of them. You see which one I picked. :~

Your correct, if they caught it in July I would have had a lot more clock. It may have been extensive in July however. But the biggest thing I told Bob, was that the only proof that existed was the medical slip that I put in late July. I told him that all the State had to do to make that lawsuit disappear was to destroy that document. Upon release I was given my complete record up to May 21st, which is unusual, because I did not request them. I’ve never heard of them giving such records upon release. Well, I just got thru reviewing those records yesterday, every document, and every word. Ya know, everything seems like it’s there. All of my records from the hospital, blood tests, doctors notes, every pill I took, every time they ran a test. Jail medical records, that included every nurse visit, what pills I took while in Jail, even my vitamin request and intake records from the very first day I was there. Everything that is except that visit in July.

As for heirs, I don’t see them rushing to my rescue, so you know Maxwatt, if I don’t make it I would rather they not profit from my death. :p
Live Long and Well

#106 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

The selenium may be an overdose. Ideally you want 130-150 ng/ml. 237 mcg/day (37 from diet according to CRON-o-Meter, 200 from a SeMC supplement) gave me 150 ng/ml. The average American diet yields 106 mcg/day, so most people would need less than 200 mcg.

PMID: 18299496

Really? That’s the amount in LEM. I’m pretty comfortable with taking that amount. A few decades of that amount didn’t seem to harm me.
Live Long and Well

#107 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

First Immortal,

"In clinical trials, TNP-470 suppressed a surprisingly wide range of cancers, including metastatic cancers, and produced a few complete remissions. Trials were suspended in the 1990s because of neurologic side effects that occasionally occurred at high doses, but it remains one of the broadest-spectrum angiogenesis inhibitors known. Lodamin appears to retain TNP-470's potency and broad spectrum of activity, but with no detectable neurotoxicity and greatly enhanced oral availability."

Thank You for posting this information TianZi. I have a lot of info on angiogenesis. I thought I posted that info, but so far I could only find one post:
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=249872
Apparently I haven't place the other information on the site yet. I would be nervous about neurologic side effects of TNP-470 especially since there are so many chicken soup angiogenesis products available.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 25 July 2008 - 02:33 AM.

#108 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

I will be gone this weekend, visiting my Grandparents. I will get back to posting on Monday, and try to answer any unanswered material.
Live Long and Well.

#109 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

First Immortal,

Thank You for posting this information TianZi. I have a lot of info on angiogenesis. I thought I posted that info, but so far I could only find one post:
Apparently I haven't place the other information on the site yet. I would be nervous about neurologic side effects of TNP-470 especially since there are so many chicken soup angiogenesis products available.

A number of thing are anti-angiogenic. Curcumin, quercetin, resveratrol to name a few.

Turmeric and some fresh gingers also contain a hedgehog pathway inhibitor, which appears to be a good way to prevent metastasization.

#110 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

Could resveratrol be combined with megadoses of antioxidants like vitamin C and betacarotenes or would that counteract the beneficial effects?

No, there are some companies that sell Res with Vitamin C.

#111 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:39 AM

The selenium may be an overdose. Ideally you want 130-150 ng/ml. 237 mcg/day (37 from diet according to CRON-o-Meter, 200 from a SeMC supplement) gave me 150 ng/ml. The average American diet yields 106 mcg/day, so most people would need less than 200 mcg.

PMID: 18299496

Really? That’s the amount in LEM. I’m pretty comfortable with taking that amount. A few decades of that amount didn’t seem to harm me.

How can you be comfortable with that amount if you've never measured your selenium status? You seem pretty harmed by something. Here's a second study that shows a selenium cancer U-curve.

Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002 Jul;11(7):630-9.
Comment in: Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2003 Jan;12(1):77; author reply 78.
Baseline characteristics and the effect of selenium supplementation on cancer incidence in a randomized clinical trial: a summary report of the Nutritional Prevention of Cancer Trial.
Duffield-Lillico AJ, Reid ME, Turnbull BW, Combs GF Jr, Slate EH, Fischbach LA, Marshall JR, Clark LC.
Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724-5024, USA.

The Nutritional Prevention of Cancer Trial was a randomized, clinical trial designed to evaluate the efficacy of selenium as selenized yeast (200 microg daily) in preventing the recurrence of nonmelanoma skin cancer among 1312 residents of the Eastern United States. Original secondary analyses through December 31, 1993 showed striking inverse associations between treatment and the incidence of total [hazard ratio (HR) = 0.61, 95% confidence interval (CI) = 0.46-0.82], lung, prostate, and colorectal cancer and total cancer mortality. This report presents results through February 1, 1996, the end of blinded treatment. Effect modification by baseline characteristics is also evaluated. The effects of treatment overall and within subgroups of baseline age, gender, smoking status, and plasma selenium were examined using incidence rate ratios and Cox proportional hazards models. Selenium supplementation reduced total (HR = 0.75, 95% CI = 0.58-0.97) and prostate (HR = 0.48, 95% CI = 0.28-0.80) cancer incidence but was not significantly associated with lung (HR = 0.74, 95% CI = 0.44-1.24) and colorectal (HR = 0.46, 95% CI = 0.21-1.02) cancer incidence. The effects of treatment on other site-specific cancers are also described. The protective effect of selenium was confined to males (HR = 0.67, 95% CI = 0.50-0.89) and was most pronounced in former smokers. Participants with baseline plasma selenium concentrations in the lowest two tertiles (<121.6 ng/ml) experienced reductions in total cancer incidence, whereas those in the highest tertile showed an elevated incidence (HR = 1.20, 95% CI = 0.77-1.86). The Nutritional Prevention of Cancer trial continues to show a protective effect of selenium on cancer incidence, although not all site-specific cancers exhibited a reduction in incidence. This treatment effect was restricted to males and to those with lower baseline plasma selenium concentrations.

PMID: 12101110

#112 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:15 AM

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

Then I was thinking, how can I want life extension so much but not care about death like this, especially from a fellow proponent. Then it occured to me that thats not the case, thats just how numbed toward death society is forced to be.

I avoid it because it sickens me to no end that this would have to happen, and being there is nothing I can do about it until the breakthroughs get here I shut it out because otherwise of course it would drive me mad.

Im sure most of you think similarily. I just thought Ide throw that out here.

Death is the darkest, blackest most haneous of all evils.

#113 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

First Immortal,

Make sure you read the article at the posted link. TNP-470 is discussed only in the past tense. A new drug has been developed with TNP-470's cancer fighting properties but apparently without the neurological side effects.

#114 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

Essential Fatty Acids, (8-12 “Mega” EPA with 4 “Mega” “Gla”)

Here's a case study that could justify increasing your omega 3 intake.

Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.
Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

PMID: 16201843

#115 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

Essential Fatty Acids, (8-12 “Mega” EPA with 4 “Mega” “Gla”)

Here's a case study that could justify increasing your omega 3 intake.

Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.
Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

PMID: 16201843

this is great news and so easy to do.

#116 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

Thank you for your candor and the courage to make mention of it.

To say that I was surprised by the lukewarm response from the community to this member's plight would be an understatement. When so much effort is placed on the discussion of anti-aging, fighting death, etc. and here is an individual who has only a handful of months or possibly weeks left of life yet we are on the bleeding edge of knowledge and in contact with some of the worlds foremost researchers on aging and particularly cancer treatment.

I refer to Professor Cui and his upcoming cancer treatment trial. Cui was recently a speaker at an event sponsored by his organization. Has enough been done to help get FirstImmortal into this program? Cui sounds like he is more interested in saving lives rather than making the statistics stack up for his research.

Death by aging and disease is a reuirement of evolutionary selection. The domain of evil lies solely in the deeds of man.

#117 Benae

• 50 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

To say that I was surprised by the lukewarm response from the community to this member's plight would be an understatement. When so much effort is placed on the discussion of anti-aging, fighting death, etc. and here is an individual who has only a handful of months or possibly weeks left of life yet we are on the bleeding edge of knowledge and in contact with some of the worlds foremost researchers on aging and particularly cancer treatment.

As a two month old member my opinion is probably not worth much but here goes anyway.

Thank you Mygenus and Missminni for speaking the mind of perhaps a few others. I do know that some members have been in touch with thefirstimmortal privately. Missminni, Mixter, Mygenus, Shepard and an anonymous resveratrol donor. Perhaps others that I am not aware so forgive me. However, my perception of the lack of member compassion for the most part has made me doubt my interest in Imminst. Is this just a community of leechers? I was so excited to find this forum and now I question the integrity here as demonstrated by the lack of moral responsibility.

Help me understand why a community so interested in LIFE appears to be unconnected from a long-standing member and contributor who is struggling for his LIFE! Have I missed something?

#118 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Thank you for your candor and the courage to make mention of it.

I refer to Professor Cui and his upcoming cancer treatment trial. Cui was recently a speaker at an event sponsored by his organization. Has enough been done to help get FirstImmortal into this program? Cui sounds like he is more interested in saving lives rather than making the statistics stack up for his research.

Death by aging and disease is a reuirement of evolutionary selection. The domain of evil lies solely in the deeds of man.

I agree.
Regardig Prof. Cui and his cancer trial, I checked into it because it sounded so promising and posted about it a ways back on this page.
Aside from the fact thefirstimmortal would not qualify because of the requirements for participation, this particular trial might be risky for him since:

the primary goal of this clinical trial is to test whether the recipients can tolerate the proposed dose of granulocytes.
The main focus of the trial is the possibility of developing Transfusion-Associated Graft vs Host Diseases (TA-GVHD) and other potential side effects in the study subjects at higher doses of donor granulocyte. Donor granulocytes per se are not known to produce TA-GVHD. However, granulocytes collected via apheresis may contain with some donor T-lymphocytes that in some rare occasions can produce various degrees of TA-GVHD in some individuals, especially the recipients with immune suppression.

Perhaps if Dr. Cui took an interest in helping him on an individual basis, not as part of the trial, he could bypass that risk. If anyone here knows Dr. Cui or is part of that community, perhaps they could approach him about it. Or if Thefirstimmortal is interested, he could contact him and send his medical records to see if he can help him on an individual basis. Contact information for Dr. Cui is http://www1.wfubmc.e...faculty/cui.htm

#119 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

As a two month old member my opinion is probably not worth much but here goes anyway.

Thank you Mygenus and Missminni for speaking the mind of perhaps a few others. I do know that some members have been in touch with thefirstimmortal privately. Missminni, Mixter, Mygenus, Shepard and an anonymous resveratrol donor. Perhaps others that I am not aware so forgive me. However, my perception of the lack of member compassion for the most part has made me doubt my interest in Imminst. Is this just a community of leechers? I was so excited to find this forum and now I question the integrity here as demonstrated by the lack of moral responsibility.

Help me understand why a community so interested in LIFE appears to be unconnected from a long-standing member and contributor who is struggling for his LIFE! Have I missed something?

The anonymous donor has not been in touch with him. That's why he's anonymous and wants to remain so.
I am sure there are more members who have reached out to him than we know but I totally get your point. The members here are no different than people anywhere. They talk a mean game but when it comes to action, they don't want to get involved. I wish the organization of Imminst would take on more responsibility in collecting funds and dispersing them to him for food and supplements that he needs. He is obviously in dire straits. That is why I started this thread. I could not read his posts and do nothing to help. Within ten minutes of doing so, I received a message from the anonymous donor to contribute. A few minutes later, I received a message from you asking for his address to send him a check.
That was it as far as concrete offers to help go. Except for Maxwatt who provided the Res at a very reasonable price and shipped it off within 24 hours.
And we, myself, you and the anonymouos donor are just registered users, not even members. It's ironic, huh?
I know people care, but they need to step up to the plate and do something. Pounding the keyboard is not enough.

Edited by missminni, 27 July 2008 - 01:57 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

I've been doing some review of the literature on Boswellia. After doing the review, I've begun to take it.

I'm not an expert by any means but, given what I have read, I'd be taking Boswellia (anda the "5-Loxin" trademarked brand in particular) if I had a cancer diagnosis.

Try googling "Boswellia cancer apoptosis" and be prepared to spend a few hours reading to see what I mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users