THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#151 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Krillin 111

How can you be comfortable with that amount if you've never measured your selenium status? You seem pretty harmed by something.

For 2 decades I had no problems, than for 3 years I went zero on the vitamins. Yeah, I think I was harmed by the lack of having the protection of my vity’s.

That lack combined with the stress of losing your freedom, your money etc = cancer.

#152 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Brokenportal 112

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

I’m all-good with the above comment Brokenportal. I really do find that kind of honesty refreshing.

Then I was thinking, how can I want life extension so much but not care about death like this, especially from a fellow proponent. Then it occured to me that thats not the case, thats just how numbed toward death society is forced to be.

I avoid it because it sickens me to no end that this would have to happen, and being there is nothing I can do about it until the breakthroughs get here I shut it out because otherwise of course it would drive me mad.

Im sure most of you think similarily.

I just thought Ide throw that out here.

Well, the second half of your letter gets me fired up. I trust BrokenPortal that my candor won’t offend you. You might want to take your blinders off and reread this thread, they are really affecting your vision.

I believe I speak for the majority of us life extensionist, we don’t share your view that there is nothing that we can do about it. We are not going to sit idly by and wait for some far off distant cure, we are going to shoot for a cure right here in front of your eyes. If any fellow life extender does not concur than please feel free to correct me.

Miss Minni cured her 2 beautiful K-9’s, and a friend’s dawg also. DukeNukem posted somewhere that he has helped others to beat cancer. Oh hell, let me go get 2 of his wonderful inspirational quotes.

DukeNukem

I want to emphasize that I would not rely on resveratrol alone. I would bring all weapons to bear on this, which definitely includes the other supplements I previously mentioned. Tanks are awesome weapons, but you do not enter a war with tanks alone.

You can do things halfway and die. Or you can put up a fight and live.

I subscribe to the DukeNukem philosophy of fighting this cancer. I’m pretty confident that I believe you don’t speak for him.

In fact, you really might want to go back and reread the whole thread, it’s peppered with recommendations on how to beat this cancer. I’m not sure how you got to thread 112 without tripping all over and stumbling on all that advice?

Victory my not come by way of beating the cancer. As Immortalists, I think this community would consider it victory if we just got enough life to get me to the liquid nitrogen, I know I sure would.

Oh, while I have you here Brokenportal, I have partially reconsidered your thread and post about expanding the leadership positions. I believe there is room for one more. You might want to open up a spot for Missminni. :)

Live Long and Well
Bill O’Rights

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Funny that you responded to BrokenPortal post, which I was trying so hard to ignore
because candid or not, it was rather ignorant and I didn't want to say so...but I guess I am doing so now.
Aside from the obvious misconception of there being nothing one can do - huh? excuse me, I think there is
plenty one can do and we are doing it....the fact that one is so terrified and "sickened" by death is really
sad. By no means do I look forward to dying ...but when it comes, I know from
personal experience that it is not the end of anything but merely a transition to another state of being.
That one might not want to make that transition or be ready to make that transition is understandable, but
to fear, hate it, loathe it is ridiculous. Fear is the enemy, not death.

Also correction: I cured one of my beautiful dogs of cancer. My other one is fine. The second cured of cancer was my friends dog Dolly.
and one more correction ....victory WILL come by way of beating cancer....your half way there already.

Brokenportal 112

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

I’m all-good with the above comment Brokenportal. I really do find that kind of honesty refreshing.

Then I was thinking, how can I want life extension so much but not care about death like this, especially from a fellow proponent. Then it occured to me that thats not the case, thats just how numbed toward death society is forced to be.

I avoid it because it sickens me to no end that this would have to happen, and being there is nothing I can do about it until the breakthroughs get here I shut it out because otherwise of course it would drive me mad.

Im sure most of you think similarily.

I just thought Ide throw that out here.

Well, the second half of your letter gets me fired up. I trust BrokenPortal that my candor won’t offend you. You might want to take your blinders off and reread this thread, they are really affecting your vision.

I believe I speak for the majority of us life extensionist, we don’t share your view that there is nothing that we can do about it. We are not going to sit idly by and wait for some far off distant cure, we are going to shoot for a cure right here in front of your eyes. If any fellow life extender does not concur than please feel free to correct me.

Miss Minni cured her 2 beautiful K-9’s, and a friend’s dawg also. DukeNukem posted somewhere that he has helped others to beat cancer. Oh hell, let me go get 2 of his wonderful inspirational quotes.

DukeNukem

I want to emphasize that I would not rely on resveratrol alone. I would bring all weapons to bear on this, which definitely includes the other supplements I previously mentioned. Tanks are awesome weapons, but you do not enter a war with tanks alone.

You can do things halfway and die. Or you can put up a fight and live.

I subscribe to the DukeNukem philosophy of fighting this cancer. I’m pretty confident that I believe you don’t speak for him.

In fact, you really might want to go back and reread the whole thread, it’s peppered with recommendations on how to beat this cancer. I’m not sure how you got to thread 112 without tripping all over and stumbling on all that advice?

Victory my not come by way of beating the cancer. As Immortalists, I think this community would consider it victory if we just got enough life to get me to the liquid nitrogen, I know I sure would.

Oh, while I have you here Brokenportal, I have partially reconsidered your thread and post about expanding the leadership positions. I believe there is room for one more. You might want to open up a spot for Missminni. :)

Live Long and Well
Bill O’Rights

#154 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

I have finished posting all I can for today in the Boswellia thread in the ImmInst.org Supplements category.

I don't see how anyone can spend a few hours looking at the studies done on Boswellia and not become convinced that THEFIRSTIMMORTAL should be supplementing it.

It certainly cannot be said of Boswellia that there aren't enough human studies to justify taking like there are about Resveratrol (and I take Resveratrol so that's not a criticism).

Perhaps a new forum supplement category should be created called "Boswellia" and this thread should be moved there. 8-)

We now have three possible substances to fight lung cancer for 1stImmortal. Boswellia, which appears to work by another path than resveratrol. Resveratrol, which has shown very promising results in vitro and in animals. Then there is large doses of omega-3 oils, which has reduced lymphomas in mice, and a case report of a man who refused chemo and took massive EPA supplements; he appeared to be "cured" in being free of lesions.

All very promising.

Do you think he should also try L-Arginine?

I found this information on the Mayo Clinic website: http://www.mayoclini...atient-arginine

Critical illness: B
-Some studies suggest that arginine may be beneficial for people with critical or life-threatening illnesses when it is added to nutritional supplements. However, it is unclear what the specific role of arginine is in recovery. Because of the potential for harm, large doses of arginine should be avoided.

Chemotherapy adjuvant: C
-Early human studies suggest that arginine supplements may be beneficial for patients undergoing chemotherapy. Larger, high-quality studies are needed.

Gastrointestinal cancer surgery: C
A combination of arginine and omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the length of hospital stays and infections after surgery in gastrointestinal cancer patients. Other research suggests that arginine, omega-3 fatty acids, and glutamine may boost the immune system and reduce inflammation after surgery. More research with arginine alone is needed.

Breast cancer: C
-It is unclear if arginine can help treat breast cancer patients. Results from early human studies are mixed. High-quality studies are needed.

While those last two are not Lung cancer and there were mixed results, I don't think he'll lose anything for trying it?

Edited by Dmitri, 30 July 2008 - 01:17 AM.

#155 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

health_nutty Post #1
500 club 500mg of trans-resveratrol per day, Official log for 500mg/day range

With the price of resveratrol dropping significantly there are many more on this board taking on the order of 500mg/day of t-res. I know that Duke Nukem has been taking around 420mg a day for a while. Maxhealth is taking 800mg! Makoss is taking 500mg a day. I'm sure there are more people. It would be interesting to get all the feedback and logs into one location (and out of the personal supplementation section which gets very little traffic).

I just received my Country life plus resveratrol and am starting to ramp my dosage starting today (with the goal being 400mg). I'll post back regularly with updates.
Male 30yo 150lb 7% BF
BP 100/60
Resting Heart Rate: 60bbm

Is blood pressure and resting heart rate something the anonymous donor wants me to track? It’s not really relevant to my cancer but if he wants the data that’s ok.

Wow, health nutty is 7% body fat at 150lbs, I’m 13% body fat at 139. I all of a sudden feel flabby and outta shape.

#156 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:47 AM

Duke Nukem Post #13

Quick update just after posting: One thing I have noticed the last three or so weeks, is my hunger has diminished. I use to need to eat every 2.5 - 3 hours, but now I go 4 hours quite often, and even then I don't feel all that hungry.

That’s amazing Duke Nukem, every 2.5 - 3 hours. Was that difficult to manage? How did that affect your life in the sense that you had to constantly be by a food supply?

My hunger has perhaps been slightly affected at 10grams.

#157 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

health_nutty Post #15

2) Mood and energy is definitely boosted. More pronounced on day 1 than day 2. Similar to the effect I got when first taking alcar.

Again, I assume that is data that the Donor wants. I believe that I have noticed a slight lift in mood in the sense that I have a general feeling of well being today. It is my belief that I also have had a moderate energy boost. This is all very preliminary, but I will take note of these issues.

#158 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

health_nutty Post #1

With the price of resveratrol dropping significantly there are many more on this board taking on the order of 500mg/day of t-res. I know that Duke Nukem has been taking around 420mg a day for a while. Maxhealth is taking 800mg! Makoss is taking 500mg a day. I'm sure there are more people. It would be interesting to get all the feedback and logs into one location (and out of the personal supplementation section which gets very little traffic).

I just received my Country life plus resveratrol and am starting to ramp my dosage starting today (with the goal being 400mg). I'll post back regularly with updates.
Male 30yo 150lb 7% BF
BP 100/60
Resting Heart Rate: 60bbm

Is blood pressure and resting heart rate something the anonymous donor wants me to track? It’s not really relevant to my cancer but if he wants the data that’s ok.

Wow, health nutty is 7% body fat at 150lbs, I’m 13% body fat at 139. I all of a sudden feel flabby and outta shape.

No. Not at all. He cares about helping you, not having you be an experiment.

#159 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:10 AM

health_nutty Post #15

2) Mood and energy is definitely boosted. More pronounced on day 1 than day 2. Similar to the effect I got when first taking alcar.

Again, I assume that is data that the Donor wants. I believe that I have noticed a slight lift in mood in the sense that I have a general feeling of well being today. It is my belief that I also have had a moderate energy boost. This is all very preliminary, but I will take note of these issues.

Don't assume that. Data is not what he wants. You surviving is what he wants. Having said that, I am sure everybody, not just the anonymous one, wants to know how you feel. I know I do. I was waiting for you to say you had a "general feeling of well being" because I know then that it is working. I think taking notes on the progress would be good to have when you're going to be the first person to be cured of cancer with resveratrol. And not just any old cancer.

Edited by missminni, 30 July 2008 - 02:11 AM.

#160 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

Mixing resveratrol in a nut-butter should be a viable means of administration. Peanut butter, almond butter, hazel nut spread are all viable. There are was to mix it with chocolate. Whey protein mixes are another option

How about mixed with mayonnaise?

#161 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:39 AM

New
TianZi post 113

Make sure you read the article at the posted link. TNP-470 is discussed only in the past tense. A new drug has been developed with TNP-470's cancer fighting properties but apparently without the neurological side effects.

The links did not work TianZi.

I posted this elsewhere.

Probably a good time to post this. With respect to all clinical trials, it is apparent that I won’t qualify for any of them, so we should stop looking at them. Most trials will have at least the following qualification to qualify. They are deal breakers for me.

Patients must meet the following criteria in order to become eligible for this research study:

* YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY MUST BE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
* YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF BRAIN METASTASES
* YOU CAN NO LONGER BENEFIT FROM CONVENTIONAL THERAPY

I won’t qualify because my prognosis is less than 6 months, I may have evidence of brain metastases, and my doctor will tell them that I can still benefit from conventional therapy.

Unless you have looked at and know that these conditions are not part of the trail, it won’t be useful data. Lucid, I appreciate that you and everyone else is offering up information like this, it’s a sign that you’re all trying to help.

Live Long and Well

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=253787

#162 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

Krillin post 114

Here's a case study that could justify increasing your omega 3 intake.

Omega 3, on the long list :)

#163 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Probably a good time to post this. With respect to all clinical trials, it is apparent that I won’t qualify for any of them, so we should stop looking at them. Most trials will have at least the following qualification to qualify. They are deal breakers for me.

Patients must meet the following criteria in order to become eligible for this research study:

* YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY MUST BE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
* YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF BRAIN METASTASES
* YOU CAN NO LONGER BENEFIT FROM CONVENTIONAL THERAPY

I won’t qualify because my prognosis is less than 6 months, I may have evidence of brain metastases, and my doctor will tell them that I can still benefit from conventional therapy.

Unless you have looked at and know that these conditions are not part of the trail, it won’t be useful data. Lucid, I appreciate that you and everyone else is offering up information like this, it’s a sign that you’re all trying to help.

Live Long and Well

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=253787

You may not qualify for the trial but with your doctors' cooperation, you might qualify for "compassionate use", where the manufacturer provides free or nearly free quantities of their drug to those as ill as you are. The law requires manufacturers to do this, unles it would pose a financial hardship for a small company. But your doctor's input is necessary to make it work AFAIK.

#164 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

FirstImmortal,

Did you decide to include Boswellia in your regime? If yes, any issues or questions about where/how to get it and using it?

#165 HereInTheHole

• 105 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

My diet consists largely meat. High volume of eggs, chicken, tuna fish, almonds, mixed nuts, walnuts. I shun all sugar and carbs and starch. I am aware of the issue of keeping a low glucose environment. For vegetables I eat a lot of green peppers, garlic (OK so that's not a vegetable) cauliflower, cabbage, raw broccoli, light on the onions. I do some light juicing, cantaloupe, oranges, and pineapple.

This is pretty good, though I wouldn't use many fruits in my juicing -- adds too much sugar. I wouldn't worry about a calorie restricted diet (although that would likely help). The bigger key is staying away from sugar, simple carbs, starches, and dairy.

From what I learned when a grandparent who lived with us had cancer, DukeNukem is exactly right. The oncologist used radioactive tracers in glucose to find the locations of the cancer. Since cancerous cells divides faster than other cells, they use more blood sugar. In a PET scan, it's not difficult to tell where the high concentrations of glucose are.

If I only had a few months, I'd work on my blood sugar, in addition to reservatrol and other things. Feed a cold, starve a cancer and all that.

#166 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

One more reason to take resveratrol:

Cancer Res. 2007 Dec 15;67(24):12007-17.
Molecular mechanisms of resveratrol action in lung cancer cells using dual protein and microarray analyses.Whyte L, Huang YY, Torres K, Mehta RG.
Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Division, IIT Research Institute, Chicago, Illinois 60616, USA.

Resveratrol, a natural phytoestrogen found in red wine and a variety of plants, is reported to have protective effects against lung cancer; however, there is little work directed toward the understanding of the mechanism of its action in this disease. In this study, we used a combination of experimental approaches to understand the biological activity and molecular mechanisms of resveratrol. Microarray gene expression profiling and high-throughput immunoblotting (PowerBlot) methodologies were employed to gain insights into the molecular mechanisms of resveratrol action in human lung cancer cells. In this report, we confirm the up-regulation of p53 and p21 and the induction of apoptosis by the activation of the caspases and the disruption of the mitochondrial membrane complex. We show the arrest of A549 cells in the G(1) phase of cell cycle in the presence of resveratrol and also report alterations in both gene and protein expressions of cyclin A, chk1, CDC27, and Eg5. Furthermore, the results indicated that resveratrol action is mediated via the transforming growth factor-beta pathway, particularly through the Smad proteins. Results showed the down-regulation of the Smad activators 2 and 4 and the up-regulation of the repressor Smad 7 as a result of resveratrol treatment. Resveratrol is a potent inhibitor of A549 lung cancer cell growth, and our results suggest that resveratrol may be a promising chemopreventive or chemotherapeutic agent for lung cancer.

PMID: 18089832

#167 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

FirstImmortal,

Did you decide to include Boswellia in your regime? If yes, any issues or questions about where/how to get it and using it?

TFI is doing chemo today. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but if you would like him to use
Boswellia and you know where to get it and how to use it, why don't you buy it and send it to him with directions for use.
I am sure he would really appreciate it. It sounds promising but he doesn't have the ability to order online, nor the funds to do so.

#168 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

FirstImmortal,

TFI is doing chemo today. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but if you would like him to use
Boswellia and you know where to get it and how to use it, why don't you buy it and send it to him with directions for use.
I am sure he would really appreciate it. It sounds promising but he doesn't have the ability to order online, nor the funds to do so.

Missminni did you read what I posted about L-Arginine (on post #154)? Do you think it would benefit him?

#169 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

FirstImmortal,

Missminni did you read what I posted about L-Arginine (on post #154)? Do you think it would benefit him?

I'm not sure because they say it can cause harm in large doses. But did you read that article about
the guy who cured himself of lung cancer by taking 15g of omega 3's a day...I think Krillin posted it a few pages back...that's
what he needs in quantitiy in order to megadose with it. If somebody would take on sending him that, it would be great. I'm going to look for post and link it.

Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.
Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

PMID: 16201843

Edited by missminni, 30 July 2008 - 07:42 PM.

#170 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

FirstImmortal,

I did not Wccaguy. It didn't make the short list, and I don't recall if it made the long list either. I'll try to check that before the day is out. But don't hold me to the time frame, I had chemo today and I'm wiped from the anti-emetic drugs they give before chemo.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 31 July 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#171 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

FirstImmortal,

I'm not sure because they say it can cause harm in large doses. But did you read that article about
the guy who cured himself of lung cancer by taking 15g of omega 3's a day...I think Krillin posted it a few pages back...that's
what he needs in quantitiy in order to megadose with it. If somebody would take on sending him that, it would be great. I'm going to look for post and link it.

Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

I see, but what would be considered a high dose? I know a well known company that sells L-Arginine for less than $20 and they have both 500mg and 1000mg bottles. I had also posted the info because the website said that early studies suggest that it's beneficial for people undergoing chemotherapy which is what Firstimmortal is doing now.

Also, thank you for the link it's very interesting; although I wonder why this didn't get more publicity?

Edited by Dmitri, 30 July 2008 - 08:47 PM.

#172 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I see, but what would be considered a high dose? I know a well known company that sells L-Arginine for less than $20 and they have both 500mg and 1000mg bottles. I had also posted the info because the website said that early studies suggest that it's beneficial for people undergoing chemotherapy which is what Firstimmortal is doing now.

Also, thank you for the link it's very interesting; although I wonder why this didn't get more publicity?

The dose would be the same as this man took:
We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day,That's 15 grams a day of a fish oil....He would take 15 1000mg capsules a day. Usually the big size is 180 caps so that would be 12 days worth per bottle. It might be good to find it in liquid form .... I don't know which would be more cost effective. And your question about why it didn't get more publicity is because it is not a pharmaceutical product .... if it were I'm sure it would have been on the news.

#173 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:42 AM

The dose would be the same as this man took:
We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day,That's 15 grams a day of a fish oil....He would take 15 1000mg capsules a day. Usually the big size is 180 caps so that would be 12 days worth per bottle. It might be good to find it in liquid form .... I don't know which would be more cost effective. And your question about why it didn't get more publicity is because it is not a pharmaceutical product .... if it were I'm sure it would have been on the news.

When I asked what would be a high dose, I was talking about L-Arginine, not Omega-3 (since you mentioned that high doses were bad). A lot of people seem to take 1,000mg even GNC multi-vitamin/mineral supplement contains 1,000mg of L-Arginine, so I don't think it could hurt firstimmortal to try it; considering how early studies showed that those taking chemo benefited from L-Arginine supplements.

#174 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

When I asked what would be a high dose, I was talking about L-Arginine, not Omega-3 (since you mentioned that high doses were bad). A lot of people seem to take 1,000mg even GNC multi-vitamin/mineral supplement contains 1,000mg of L-Arginine, so I don't think it could hurt firstimmortal to try it; considering how early studies showed that those taking chemo benefited from L-Arginine supplements.

I'm sorry. I misunerstood. When I read about L_arginine in your post, it mentioned more than once that
there was a danger associated with higher doses. They didn't say an amount. I believe that today was TFI's last chemo session
so I don't know how appropriate the L-Arninine would be now.

#175 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:59 AM

I have a request. If you fit the following profile, I would like to hear from you.

There are currently 150 viewers who have seen this thread. If you are a Registered user and you want to help, I need you. I don’t just need financial help; I have non-financial needs also. There are things you can do that would be very useful and would only require some time and effort on your part. If you believe in this cause and want to help but don’t know how, please contact me at the following e-mail address listed below.
Thefirstimmortal@yahoo.com

Live Long and Well
William Constitution O’Right

#176 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

FirstImmortal,

I did not Wccaguy. It didn't make the short list, and I don't recall if it made the long list either. I'll try to check that before the day is out. But don't hold me to the time frame, I had chemo today and I'm wiped from the abti-emetic drugs they give before chemo.

William,

I DID spend time trying to help and I think the message I tried to communicate didn't get through. You need to be taking Boswellia. I understood Maxwatt to say that Boswellia was on the short list upthread.

I don't see how you could have looked at the Boswellia thread I've been updating every day for the last few days and still decide NOT to take it.

I'm not upset and trying to make you feel bad. I understand that it must be difficult to focus on everything. I'm just trying to get your attention.

#177 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Good Morning Wccaguy,
I general try to answer posts in order of the post, first post first response. I used to pride myself on a 24 hour or less response time to update all my responses, but as you can see, that’s out the window. I’m going to go out of order here and search for the list, and produce an answer for you, as I sense frustration in your post.

#178 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

This is the list I'm talking about, but I don't see it listed; yet I know I have come across this. This isn’t the only list I made, so I’m going to got dig thru my pile and find the other list. I just have a quick post or 2 I’m throwing up because I promised Missminni some 411, than I’m going to address your post.

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=251618

#179 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

For your update Missminni, 15 grams did produce an, umm, what could be best described as a mild laxative effect. Nothing to be concerned about, but apparently that’s the threshold that produces an effect in my body.

Also, at 15 grams I did have some appetite suppression, although I did have extra tea to consume the extra res, however tea usually doesn’t do much to my appetite. Today because I’m vomiting from the chemo, it will be hard to judge any suppressant effect. For that matter, for the next 3 or 4 days my appetite will be suppressed from the chemo.

Perhaps this is too much info for the other 149 viewers.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Good Morning Wccaguy,
I general try to answer posts in order of the post, first post first response. I used to pride myself on a 24 hour or less response time to update all my responses, but as you can see, that’s out the window. I’m going to go out of order here and search for the list, and produce an answer for you, as I sense frustration in your post.

I'm not feeling frustrated William. You don't need to do this for me. I completely understand that you've got a lot on your mind. But I did intend to try to get your attention.

I just wanted to nudge you again about looking at Boswellia because, if you looked at it sooner rather than later, I think you'd be happy you did.

Here is what Maxwatt wrote about it in post #137. I took that post to mean that Maxwatt thought it should be on the short list.

All the best.

I have finished posting all I can for today in the Boswellia thread in the ImmInst.org Supplements category.

I don't see how anyone can spend a few hours looking at the studies done on Boswellia and not become convinced that THEFIRSTIMMORTAL should be supplementing it.

It certainly cannot be said of Boswellia that there aren't enough human studies to justify taking like there are about Resveratrol (and I take Resveratrol so that's not a criticism).

Perhaps a new forum supplement category should be created called "Boswellia" and this thread should be moved there. 8-)

We now have three possible substances to fight lung cancer for 1stImmortal. Boswellia, which appears to work by another path than resveratrol. Resveratrol, which has shown very promising results in vitro and in animals. Then there is large doses of omega-3 oils, which has reduced lymphomas in mice, and a case report of a man who refused chemo and took massive EPA supplements; he appeared to be "cured" in being free of lesions.

All very promising.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users