Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#121 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

I know people care, but they need to step up to the plate and do something. Pounding the keyboard is not enough.

Obviously this may not be the only reason behind the lack of momentum seen in this case but at present I'm a bit confused what is expected of the rank-and-file member who would like to make a contribution? William has indicated that he does not prefer to receive direct cash contributions. Is there a process that could be initiated by ImmInst leadership to create a fund that could be conveniently donated to via paypal or other means to provide for needed therapies or even cryonic suspension? I've also seen mention of the Venturists but their website only seems to get updated about once a decade.

I don't know whose responsibility it is to channel efforts into a concerted response but it seems we should figure it out sooner than later. Is there anyone on here from the Venturists who can comment on their efforts as well?

#122 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

s there anyone on here from the Venturists who can comment on their efforts as well?

I found some more information from this side of things by searching cryonet:

Chance to help cryonicists in trouble

update on the fund raising

It appears the Venturists are aiming at getting cryonic suspension costs covered ($30,000). They had $2000 at last count. If ImmInst enters the fray I presume it will be on the cancer-fighting front.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

Then I was thinking, how can I want life extension so much but not care about death like this, especially from a fellow proponent. Then it occured to me that thats not the case, thats just how numbed toward death society is forced to be.

I avoid it because it sickens me to no end that this would have to happen, and being there is nothing I can do about it until the breakthroughs get here I shut it out because otherwise of course it would drive me mad.

Im sure most of you think similarily. I just thought Ide throw that out here.

Death is the darkest, blackest most haneous of all evils.

Yes,everyone sitting comfortable in front of their computers with functioning bodies can't TRULY imagine the horror of being stucked into a body with a deadly disease. Of course you want to put it out of your mind and think "oh that's something that happens to OTHER people" and when you get a deadly disease or get old yourself people don't do anything for you.That's how it works. And that has to CHANGE!
but what should people here actually do? That's the question... It is such a feeling of powerlessness..

#124 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

I know people care, but they need to step up to the plate and do something. Pounding the keyboard is not enough.

Obviously this may not be the only reason behind the lack of momentum seen in this case but at present I'm a bit confused what is expected of the rank-and-file member who would like to make a contribution? William has indicated that he does not prefer to receive direct cash contributions. Is there a process that could be initiated by ImmInst leadership to create a fund that could be conveniently donated to via paypal or other means to provide for needed therapies or even cryonic suspension? I've also seen mention of the Venturists but their website only seems to get updated about once a decade.

I don't know whose responsibility it is to channel efforts into a concerted response but it seems we should figure it out sooner than later. Is there anyone on here from the Venturists who can comment on their efforts as well?

I believe that is exactly what William would prefer, and I believe he has approached the directors with such a request. I don't know what they've done in response and last we communicated, he didn't know either. I would think money for the here and now to buy more supplements and food would be the way to go rather than cryonics. I truly believe William is going to survive this but he needs help, and the kilo of resvertrol is great for openers, and I have great confidence in it, but there are other supplements he should be taking concurrently that he does not have nor does he have the funds to buy. COQ10 is one. He should have been taking that while doing Chemo. He didn't.
Personally, since William doesn't have a Paypal account or a credit card, I would think that finding out what he needs and then purchasing it for him on line and having it sent to him is the best way to get help to him. That's how we got the Resveratrol to him. Sending money doesn't really do that much good because he can't purchase online without a credit card and he lives in the middle of a rural area where he doesn't have access to the supplements he needs.
I know he's visiting his grandparents this weekend, but when he checks in, maybe he could put up a wish list of things he needs for those who wish to reach out and help. We really can't wait for the directors to get it together, although I hope they do. In the meantime, if anyone feels there is some supplement he should have in his arsenal, please buy it for him and send it on. He has his address posted but I will find it and repost it here.

His address and comment about the fund
Mailing address
William C. O'Rights
PO BOX 749
Acton Maine, 04001

House Address
William O'Rights
79 hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001
As I was explaining to Missminni last night, I live on a private road. I told Missminni "by private road, I don't mean high society, I mean dirt road back woods, well, ever see the Movie deliverance, swear every now and than I hear a banjo off in the distance."

I posted the following last night in the members forum...

WOW,

OK everyone, I don't have time to respond to all of this tonight. I will attend to this thread tomorrow. I just spent several hours responding to PM's and have a few more to go. I would like to throw one thing out there for now. Apparently there are several members who wish to send me money and have PM'ed me about that. I don't want money sent directly to me for several reasons, I would rather donations and gifts be sent to a special fund that goes to Imminst. That way people can be assured that the money was spent for it's intended purpose, and, oh yeah, that would make it tax deductable wouldn't it? That would make it so members claim it on their taxes and pay the government a little less. Waddya say?

I know he would love to have a response from the directors, but in lieu of that, I think taking it upon ourselves to buy him supplements and whatever else he needs and send them to his PO BOX (the postman can't get to his house) would be the quickest and most direct way to help.

#125 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

I was just thinking about how I havent responded to this topic of detrimental happenstance. Then I asked myself why I dont seem to care much about this life extensionist and how hes dying. And not to mention, you, firstimmortal are a huge contributor here.

Then I was thinking, how can I want life extension so much but not care about death like this, especially from a fellow proponent. Then it occured to me that thats not the case, thats just how numbed toward death society is forced to be.

I avoid it because it sickens me to no end that this would have to happen, and being there is nothing I can do about it until the breakthroughs get here I shut it out because otherwise of course it would drive me mad.

Yes,everyone sitting comfortable in front of their computers with functioning bodies can't TRULY imagine the horror of being stucked into a body with a deadly disease. Of course you want to put it out of your mind and think "oh that's something that happens to OTHER people" and when you get a deadly disease or get old yourself people don't do anything for you.That's how it works. And that has to CHANGE!
but what should people here actually do? That's the question... It is such a feeling of powerlessness..

I think I just responded to that question in my last post. If you want to help, I know he doesn't have any CoQ10. I found a great inexpensive resource for it, that would allow him to take the large doses he should be taking, especially since he is going to do chemo again on July 30th! This is the resource for it
http://www.naturamar...owder-111g.html
$65 for 111 grams.
So anybody reading this, you now have a way to help. Purchase this for him and have it sent to his PO Box. Simple and straight forward.
Or if you know of something else that will help him, instead of writing about it, send it to him. That's the only way he is going to be able to get it!
He lives in the backwoods in Maine. He needs us all to jump in and be proactive for him. Please do. And when you do, post what you sent so somebody else doesn't send the same thing.

#126 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

this post is a perfect example of what I am referring to:

Here's a case study that could justify increasing your omega 3 intake.

Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.
Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

PMID: 16201843

I don't know if William has Omega 3 supplement or not, but either way he certainly doesn't have it in the therapeutic amounts mentioned here. If someone would
order him enough of an Omega 3 supplement so that he could take it in the amounts mentioned above, I am sure it would be a godsend for him.
ETA~ This appears to be a great resource for it, and they have free shipping...the Professional Supplement Center

Edited by missminni, 27 July 2008 - 10:48 PM.

#127 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

William began taking Resveratrol on July 25th. He reports in detail on his Prognosis and Medical Update Topic.

He also posted about Angiogenesis on his Fighting Cancer thread. Apropos to supplements/medicines and their cost., he comments

Genistein is one of the superstars in the fight against most cancers except estrogen related cancers. It’s a lotta things but cheap ain’t one of them. In doses needed for cancer therapies you need something like Ultra Soy Extract 675mg, 600 high-dose capsules. At 261 a bottle it’s one of the most expensive vity’s. But I used it for several months as part of my effort to shrink my tumor and prevent it’s spread.

Thank goodness Resveratrol is effective in this respect too.
BTW, Omega 3's are on his short list.

Edited by missminni, 28 July 2008 - 12:52 PM.

#128 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

I've been doing some review of the literature on Boswellia. After doing the review, I've begun to take it.

I'm not an expert by any means but, given what I have read, I'd be taking Boswellia (anda the "5-Loxin" trademarked brand in particular) if I had a cancer diagnosis.

Try googling "Boswellia cancer apoptosis" and be prepared to spend a few hours reading to see what I mean.

I will post a few studies about Boswellia and cancer each day for the next several days. If there are only enough funds such that a choice must be made between COQ10 and Boswellia then choose Boswellia.

There are literally dozens, maybe over a hundred studies, demonstrating the efficacy of Boswellia for cancer treatment.

I'll post a bit later about why I believe the 5-Loxin trademark brand is the one to go with.

It's hard for me to imagine that there could be a more significantly beneficial supplement than Boswellia that has not been discussed in depth at ImmInst.org.

You don't need to wait for me to post these studies. Google "boswellia cancer apoptosis" and see for yourself.

J Neurooncol. 2007 Mar;82(1):91-3. Epub 2006 Sep 26
A lipoxygenase inhibitor in breast cancer brain metastases.
Flavin DF.
Foundation for Collaborative Medicine and Research, Greenwich, CT 06831, USA. Dana_FK@hotmail.com

The complication of multiple brain metastases in breast cancer patients is a life threatening condition with limited success following standard therapies. The arachidonate lipoxygenase pathway appears to play a role in brain tumor growth as well as inhibition of apoptosis in in-vitro studies. The down regulation of these arachidonate lipoxygenase growth stimulating products therefore appeared to be a worthwhile consideration for testing in brain metastases not responding to standard therapy. Boswellia serrata, a lipoxygenase inhibitor was applied for this inhibition. Multiple brain metastases were successfully reversed using this method in a breast cancer patient who had not shown improvement after standard therapy. The results suggest a potential new area of therapy for breast cancer patients with brain metastases that may be useful as an adjuvant to our standard therapy.

J Immunol. 2006 Mar 1;176(5):3127-40
Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid potentiates apoptosis, inhibits invasion, and abolishes osteoclastogenesis by suppressing NF-kappa B and NF-kappa B-regulated gene expression.
Takada Y, Ichikawa H, Badmaev V, Aggarwal BB.
Cytokine Research Section, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA.

Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA), a component of an Ayurvedic therapeutic plant Boswellia serrata, is a pentacyclic terpenoid active against a large number of inflammatory diseases, including cancer, arthritis, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, and bronchial asthma, but the mechanism is poorly understood. We found that AKBA potentiated the apoptosis induced by TNF and chemotherapeutic agents, suppressed TNF-induced invasion, and inhibited receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand-induced osteoclastogenesis, all of which are known to require NF-kappaB activation. These observations corresponded with the down-regulation of the expression of NF-kappaB-regulated antiapoptotic, proliferative, and angiogenic gene products. As examined by DNA binding, AKBA suppressed both inducible and constitutive NF-kappaB activation in tumor cells. It also abrogated NF-kappaB activation induced by TNF, IL-1beta, okadaic acid, doxorubicin, LPS, H2O2, PMA, and cigarette smoke. AKBA did not directly affect the binding of NF-kappaB to the DNA but inhibited sequentially the TNF-induced activation of IkappaBalpha kinase (IKK), IkappaBalpha phosphorylation, IkappaBalpha ubiquitination, IkappaBalpha degradation, p65 phosphorylation, and p65 nuclear translocation. AKBA also did not directly modulate IKK activity but suppressed the activation of IKK through inhibition of Akt. Furthermore, AKBA inhibited the NF-kappaB-dependent reporter gene expression activated by TNFR type 1, TNFR-associated death domain protein, TNFR-associated factor 2, NF-kappaB-inducing kinase, and IKK, but not that activated by the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB. Overall, our results indicated that AKBA enhances apoptosis induced by cytokines and chemotherapeutic agents, inhibits invasion, and suppresses osteoclastogenesis through inhibition of NF-kappaB-regulated gene expression.

Anticancer Res. 2002 Sep-Oct;22(5):2853-62
Cytostatic and apoptosis-inducing activity of boswellic acids toward malignant cell lines in vitro.
Hostanska K, Daum G, Saller R.
Departmment of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zürich, Rämistrasse 100, 8091 Zürich, Switzerland. katarina.hostanska@access.unizh.ch

Boswellic acids from frankincense were indentified as the active compounds which inhibit leukotriene biosynthesis, 5-lipoxygenase and exert antiproliferative activity toward a variety of malignant cells. Because of the relevance for the clinical application, we tested the ethanolic extract of Boswellia serrata gum resin containing a defined amount of boswellic acids for its cytotoxic, cytostatic and apoptotic activity on five leukemia (HL-60, K 562, U937, MOLT-4, THP-1) and two brain tumor (LN-18, LN-229) cell lines by WST-1 assay and flow cytometry. The Boswellia serrata extract induced dose-dependent antiproliferative effects on all human malignant cells tested with GI50 values (extract concentration producing 50% cell growth inhibition) between 57.0 and 124.1 micrograms/ml. In three haematological cell lines (K562, U937, MOLT-4) the effect of total extract expressed in GI50 was 2.8-, 3.3- and 2.3-times more potent (p < 0.05) than pure 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA). Morphological changes after 24-27 hours and the detection of apoptotic cells by AnnexinV-binding and/or by the detection of propidium iodide-labelled DNA with flow cytometry, confirmed the apoptotic cell death. The results of this study suggest the effectiveness of Boswellia serrata extract with defined content of boswellic acids.

Edited by wccaguy, 28 July 2008 - 12:48 PM.

#129 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

I will post a few studies about Boswellia and cancer each day for the next several days. If there are only enough funds such that a choice must be made between COQ10 and Boswellia then choose Boswellia.

There are literally dozens, maybe over a hundred studies, demonstrating the efficacy of Boswellia for cancer treatment.

I'll post a bit later about why I believe the 5-Loxin trademark brand is the one to go with.

It's hard for me to imagine that there could be a more significantly beneficial supplement than Boswellia that has not been discussed in depth at ImmInst.org.

That's a good suggestion. Do you have an idea of cost and resources?

#130 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Inhibition of IB Kinase Activity by Acetyl-boswellic Acids Promotes Apoptosis in Androgen-independent PC-3 Prostate Cancer Cells in Vitro and in Vivo*

Signaling through NF-_B has been implicated in the malignant phenotype as well as the chemoresistance of various cancers. Here we show that the natural compounds acetyl-_-boswellic acid and acetyl-11-keto-_-boswellic acid (AK_BA) inhibit proliferation and elicit cell death in chemoresistant androgen-independent PC-3 prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Induction of apoptosis was demonstrated in cultured PC-3 cells by several parameters including mitochondrial cytochrome c release and DNA fragmentation. At the molecular level these compounds inhibit constitutively activated NF-_B signaling by intercepting the I_B kinase (IKK) activity; signaling through the interferon-stimulated response element remained unaffected, suggesting specificity for IKK inhibition. The impaired phosphorylation of p65 and the reduced nuclear translocation of NF-_B proteins were associated with down-regulation of the constitutively overexpressed and NF-_B-dependent antiapoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL. In addition, expression of cyclin D1, a crucial cell cycle regulator, was reduced as well. Down-regulation of IKK by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides confirmed the essential role of IKK inhibition for the proliferation of the PC-3 cells. Both compounds tested were active in vivo, yet AK_BA proved to be far superior. Indeed, topical application of water-soluble AK_BA-_-cyclodextrin on PC-3 tumors xenografted onto chick chorioallantoic membranes induced concentration-dependent inhibition of proliferation as well as apoptosis. Similarly, in nude mice carrying PC-3 tumors, systemic application of AK_BA-_- cyclodextrin inhibited tumor growth and triggered apoptosis in the absence of detectable systemic toxicity. Thus, AK_BA and related compounds acting on IKK might provide a novel approach for the treatment of chemoresistant human tumors such as androgen-independent human prostate cancers.

#131 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

In order to increase the visibility of the Boswellia discussion, I'll post more information at the following ImmInst.org thread on Boswellia begun a few months ago but has been languishing.

http://www.imminst.o...o...c=20950&hl=

#132 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

I am working with missminni on something right now... maybe it will help get board helping out a bit...

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 28 July 2008 - 02:28 PM.

#133 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

I have finished posting all I can for today in the Boswellia thread in the ImmInst.org Supplements category.

I don't see how anyone can spend a few hours looking at the studies done on Boswellia and not become convinced that THEFIRSTIMMORTAL should be supplementing it.

It certainly cannot be said of Boswellia that there aren't enough human studies to justify taking like there are about Resveratrol (and I take Resveratrol so that's not a criticism).

Perhaps a new forum supplement category should be created called "Boswellia" and this thread should be moved there. 8-)

Edited by wccaguy, 28 July 2008 - 02:39 PM.

#134 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Fast turtle

The formation of ketone bodies and lack of glucose and protein makes it very difficult for cancers to grow.

Do you think I should add ketone strips and test for that? I used them before when I was trying to lose weight years ago. I’m not opposed to monitoring that.

#135 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

Missminni

A question: if you eat cheese, which is dairy, why won't you eat yogurt or drink milk?

I dislike yogurt, and milk has way too much sugar.

And dare I tell you about mixing it in Jack Daniels? I did that when I first started...it is quite an excellent method.
Maxwatt can back me on that. That would certainly add some calories to your diet.

I can’t drink or posses alcohol because of probation. But even if I could, I’m not fond of alcohol, I don’t like its effects. I drank some during my teen years, partying ya know, but the last time I took a drink was on the 3rd of July right before the fireworks in Sanford over 20 years ago.

there are better ways to gain weight...nuts for one. lots of calories in nuts.
and if you are craving something sweet, try sweetening with agave or maple syrup. The refined white sugar they use in chocolate chips is pure poison. Sorry if I'm sounding like a nagging mom.

I eat a lot of nuts, walnuts, almonds and mixed nuts. I love cashews but they have a higher carb count so I try to stay with the almonds mostly.

#136 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

Missminni

A question: if you eat cheese, which is dairy, why won't you eat yogurt or drink milk?

I dislike yogurt, and milk has way too much sugar.

And dare I tell you about mixing it in Jack Daniels? I did that when I first started...it is quite an excellent method.
Maxwatt can back me on that. That would certainly add some calories to your diet.

I can’t drink or posses alcohol because of probation. But even if I could, I’m not fond of alcohol, I don’t like its effects. I drank some during my teen years, partying ya know, but the last time I took a drink was on the 3rd of July right before the fireworks in Sanford over 20 years ago.

there are better ways to gain weight...nuts for one. lots of calories in nuts.
and if you are craving something sweet, try sweetening with agave or maple syrup. The refined white sugar they use in chocolate chips is pure poison. Sorry if I'm sounding like a nagging mom.

I eat a lot of nuts, walnuts, almonds and mixed nuts. I love cashews but they have a higher carb count so I try to stay with the almonds mostly.

Mixing resveratrol in a nut-butter should be a viable means of administration. Peanut butter, almond butter, hazel nut spread are all viable. There are was to mix it with chocolate. Whey protein mixes are another option

#137 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I have finished posting all I can for today in the Boswellia thread in the ImmInst.org Supplements category.

I don't see how anyone can spend a few hours looking at the studies done on Boswellia and not become convinced that THEFIRSTIMMORTAL should be supplementing it.

It certainly cannot be said of Boswellia that there aren't enough human studies to justify taking like there are about Resveratrol (and I take Resveratrol so that's not a criticism).

Perhaps a new forum supplement category should be created called "Boswellia" and this thread should be moved there. 8-)

We now have three possible substances to fight lung cancer for 1stImmortal. Boswellia, which appears to work by another path than resveratrol. Resveratrol, which has shown very promising results in vitro and in animals. Then there is large doses of omega-3 oils, which has reduced lymphomas in mice, and a case report of a man who refused chemo and took massive EPA supplements; he appeared to be "cured" in being free of lesions.

All very promising.

#138 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:11 AM

Some directors are willing to donate from their treasurer's chest for William's supplements. I don't have a treasurer's chest, as the chair, or I would have already.
I thank missminni, anthony loera, maxwatt and others who have stepped up to be leadership here, we need you-we all are volunteers who care passionately about ending aging. I support the initiatives you've started here, as well as William's fight for life. He is asking cryonicists to donate to the Venturist compassionate care fund set up for him (info in the link put up by lunersolarpower), and for the ImmInst community to donate the supplements to battle the cancer now. William can provide a lot of information to our community, through his records, his current supplementation and progress. It is a wonderful opportunity for our community to help a willing person stricken with cancer, to fight it with some of the supplements that are currently seen as possibilities in the treatment of cancer but are not fully tested.
I encourage you to attend the director's meeting this Wednesday. Or, to let your suggestions be known within the director's meeting thread:
http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23428&hl=

#139 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

We now have three possible substances to fight lung cancer for 1stImmortal. Boswellia, which appears to work by another path than resveratrol. Resveratrol, which has shown very promising results in vitro and in animals. Then there is large doses of omega-3 oils, which has reduced lymphomas in mice, and a case report of a man who refused chemo and took massive EPA supplements; he appeared to be "cured" in being free of lesions.

All very promising.

It really is. And those three methods together seem quite compatible and risk free....and within the realm of affordable. Very exciting.

#140 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:04 AM

missminni post 103

clinicaltrials.gov and the PDQ database of National Cancer Institute.
Mediawatch
Patients must meet the following criteria in order to become eligible for this research study:

* YOU ARE CAPABLE OF CARING FOR YOURSELF
* YOU ARE UP AND ABOUT FOR AT LEAST HALF OF THE TIME
* YOU DON’T HAVE DIABETES, SIGNIFICANT CARDIAC DISEASE AND/OR AN ACTIVE SERIOUS INFECTION
* YOU HAVE NOT USED IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE AGENTS OTHER THAN STEROIDS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE TRIAL
* YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT OR NURSING
* YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY MUST BE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED BONE MARROW/STEM CELL TRANSPLANTS
* YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF BRAIN METASTASES
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED TREATMENT WITH FLUDARABINE
* YOU DON’T HAVE A HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCY
* YOU CAN NO LONGER BENEFIT FROM CONVENTIONAL THERAPY

I applied for this trial a little while ago. Never heard back from them. I probably don’t qualify because my prognosis is less than 6 months, I may have evidence of brain metastases (I’ll try to fish that document out tonight), my doctor will tell them that I can still benefit from conventional therapy, and I just thought of one more. I have used an immunosuppressive agent, and will be using one in 2 more days. Carboplatin is a derivative of Cisplatin, which is a platinum compound and both Carboplatin and Irinotecan are both alkylating agents, which are immunosuppressive agents.

I definitely don’t qualify for the trail, but have no objection to taking it if we can get it.

#141 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:29 AM

(I’ll try to fish that document out tonight),

My text bridge editor didn't exactly copy the document perfectly, but the relevant material is there. For obvious reasons I edited out certain information. I had no idea up until I read this document that there was a “small area of abnormality” in my brain, which could be a remote site of a tumor. This is the only area that gravely concerns me. With every other site, cancer in the leg bone, arm, spine and lymph node, I took the news in stride. Anywhere, anywhere else but the brain I can deal with, but this does shake me up a bit.

To: From: pacshelpdesk
5—19-08 4lupat p 1 or

Maine Medical Center - Department of Radiology
22 Gramhall Street1 Portland ME 04102
207.662.2571 __________________
PATIENT NAME: ORIGHTS, WILLIAM PATIENT ID #. (edit)
BIRTHDA7E (edit) ACCESSION~. (edit)
AGE (edit) CRDER#: (edit)
I GENDER M _____ ______
___________ _____________ ____ —- —l
DATE OF SERVIOE: 5/1912008 12:25
STUDY DESCRIPTION: MRI BRAIN WIO & W/ CONTRAST

REQUESTING PRAOTITIONERITRITCH MD, TODD
INTERES~ED PARTIES:

EXAM MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING OF THE BRAIN WITH AND WITHOUT GADOLINIUM ENHANCEMENT 5-19-08 70553

INDICATION: (edit) year old male with small cell carcinoma of the lung and question of intracranial metastatic disease.

TECHNIQUE: Sagittal and axial Ti-weighted images were acquired prior to the administration of gadolinium, with sagittal, axial and coronal TI-weighted imaging following gadolinium. Fast spin-echo sequence with the acqLiisition of axial FLAIR and heavily T2-weighted imaging along with coronal T2 sequence.

FINDIN(;S: Comparison is made with a prior examination of 2-5-08.

There is a small area of abnormality projecting about the posterior aspect of the left putamen, potentially reflecting a small focal area of remote infarction. This was present previously and is unchanged. No hydrocephalus or midline shift. Images acquired following the intravenous administration of gadolinium based contrast material.

Vascular structures as covered demonstrate a normal flow void.

IMPRESSION:

CONFIDENtIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained itt this facsimile message is privileged arid confidential information intended for the use of the addressee used above. This information has been dkclosed to you from records protected by Federal confidentiality titles (42 CFR part 2. The Federal rules prohibit you front maning arty further disclosure of this information unless further disclosure is expressl~ permitted by the written consent of the person to whom it pertains or as otherwise pertnittcdby ~2 CFR part 2. A general authorization for the release of medical or other infortrtation in NOT sufficient for this purpose. The Federal rules restrict any use of the inforrttatiomt to criminally investigate ur prosecute any alcohol or drug abuse patient. If you are neither the intended recipient nor the hospital or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, coptortg, distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this teIeCOI)ied information is strictly prohibited. If yost have received this telecopy in error, please immediately notify us by telephone to arrange for rtturtt of the original nlocttinent(Sl to Us. ________________________________________________________ ______
~j (L)

#142 aim1

• 102 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

All very promising.

If I could add a possible fourth: ABM Mushroom

Mushrooms That Fight Cancer and Boost the Immune System

(NaturalNews) In the world of natural health, "medicinal" mushrooms are known as some of the most potent immune boosters and disease fighters. Perhaps the most potent of all is the Agaricus Blazei Murrill mushroom, known in its native Brazil as "The Mushroom of God"; however many others have also proven to be very effective and popular.

Here are some of the very best:

Agaricus Blazei Murrill Mushroom

A few decades ago, researchers noticed that in the mountain region of Ideate near Sao Paulo, Brazil, a regular part of the local inhabitants' diet was a mushroom known as "Cogmelo de Deus" or "Mushroom of God". The researchers also noted that the local inhabitants were extraordinarily healthy and had a very low incidence of disease, which they attributed to this magical mushroom.

The scientific name of the mushroom is Agaricus Blazei Murrill, more commonly called the ABM mushroom and sometimes referred to as Agaricus Brasiliennis. So potent is this mushroom that one well-known rain forest herbal manufacturer, uses it as the main ingredient in herbal supplements that have been credited with success against cancer and other diseases around the world. A link to the manufacturer is provided on the last page of this book.

In a study conducted by Dr. Shoji Shibata, a professor at Tokyo University, several other well known cancer-fighting and immune-boosting mushrooms were compared to the ABM, including Reishi and Shiitake. Dr. Shibata's results found that the other mushrooms were not as effective as the ABM mushroom, and so the ABM was ranked at the top of the list of potent mushrooms -- a spot befitting the "Mushroom of God"! Other Japanese and British studies have also shown the ABM mushroom to have the highest concentration of beta-glucan of any mushroom.

The ABM mushroom contains Beta-(1-3)-D-glucan, Beta-(1-4)-a-D-glucan & Beta-(1-6)-D-glucan. Known collectively as Beta-glucans, these long-chain polysaccharides are the most potent immuno-potentiating (immune enhancing) substances yet found. They also have very powerful anti-tumor properties. When human subjects are given AMB in their diet, a 3000% increase of NK cells, a type of anti-tumor white blood cell known as Natural Killer cells, is seen in the blood within 2-4 days.

In addition to beta glucans, agaricus also contains derivatives of ergosterol, a potent anti-tumor agent; double stranded RNA, an anti-viral agent; proteoglycans and protein bound polysaccharides of low molecular weight, which are immune enhancers; and, protein bound polysaccharides of high molecular weight, vitamins B1 and B2, proteins in the form of amino acids, niacin, iron, and calcium. There are many verified reports from around the world of this mushroom being used successfully in late stage cancers that had been determined hopeless and some clinics in Europe base their entire treatment protocols on agaricus blazei murrill mushroom extracts and other complimentary botanicals. In fact, in many published studies, the rate of cure for all types of cancer has been in the high ninety percentile range, even for stage 4 lung cancer, where many complete remissions are often seen in just a few weeks.

#143 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

My text bridge editor didn't exactly copy the document perfectly, but the relevant material is there. For obvious reasons I edited out certain information. I had no idea up until I read this document that there was a “small area of abnormality” in my brain, which could be a remote site of a tumor. This is the only area that gravely concerns me. With every other site, cancer in the leg bone, arm, spine and lymph node, I took the news in stride. Anywhere, anywhere else but the brain I can deal with, but this does shake me up a bit.

the date on this is May 19th, and you haven't had any symptoms from it, have you? Don't worry,
I'm confident the resveratrol will get rid of it. I am just wondering, as you know, if you should be taking more than 10g a day. Drastic measures
for drastic situations. Does anybody else have an opinion on that...MaxWatt in particular.

#144 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

missminni post 103

clinicaltrials.gov and the PDQ database of National Cancer Institute.
Mediawatch
Patients must meet the following criteria in order to become eligible for this research study:

* YOU ARE CAPABLE OF CARING FOR YOURSELF
* YOU ARE UP AND ABOUT FOR AT LEAST HALF OF THE TIME
* YOU DON’T HAVE DIABETES, SIGNIFICANT CARDIAC DISEASE AND/OR AN ACTIVE SERIOUS INFECTION
* YOU HAVE NOT USED IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE AGENTS OTHER THAN STEROIDS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE TRIAL
* YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT OR NURSING
* YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY MUST BE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED BONE MARROW/STEM CELL TRANSPLANTS
* YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF BRAIN METASTASES
* YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED TREATMENT WITH FLUDARABINE
* YOU DON’T HAVE A HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCY
* YOU CAN NO LONGER BENEFIT FROM CONVENTIONAL THERAPY

I applied for this trial a little while ago. Never heard back from them. I probably don’t qualify because my prognosis is less than 6 months, I may have evidence of brain metastases (I’ll try to fish that document out tonight), my doctor will tell them that I can still benefit from conventional therapy, and I just thought of one more. I have used an immunosuppressive agent, and will be using one in 2 more days. Carboplatin is a derivative of Cisplatin, which is a platinum compound and both Carboplatin and Irinotecan are both alkylating agents, which are immunosuppressive agents.

I definitely don’t qualify for the trail, but have no objection to taking it if we can get it.

They never even wrote back? Why don't you call them and see if they could work with you on an individual basis. Or if somebody here knows somebody involved in that trial maybe they could advocate for you.

#145 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

the date on this is May 19th, and you haven't had any symptoms from it, have you? Don't worry,
I'm confident the resveratrol will get rid of it. I am just wondering, as you know, if you should be taking more than 10g a day. Drastic measures
for drastic situations. Does anybody else have an opinion on that...MaxWatt in particular.

Depending on where in the brain, and rate of growth, there could be no discernible effect from such an "abnormality." Resveratrol does cross the blood-brain barrier.

How much should you take? As much as you can tolerate. We have seen papers discussed in this forum indicating that past a certain dosage, the concentration both peak and AUC do not increase. This would indicate a rate-limiting transport mechanism. My recollection is that the peak efficiency of delivery seemed to occur at around one gram, but to fall off slowly. I think five or 6 grams in one dose is the maximum dose that would show increased blood levels. However, it could administered twice or even three times a day to result in higher sustained levels. So 15 grams a day in three divided doses is a possibility, as long as there are no intolerable side effects. I would work up to such a dose for myself, doubling dosage every two days. I do not think such a high dose would be needed for more than a few weeks at most, and that a maintenance dose of a few grams a day will be all that is needed.

Re: Beta glucans from Agaricus blazei mushroom: A large variability can be observed in studied mushroom species; the beta glucan concentration ranges from 0.21 to 0.53 g/100 g on a dry basis. Tough A. blazei is the most potent source, other mushrooms have not less than about half its amount, at a lower price per amount of beta glucan. Maitake and Reishi (Grifla frondosa and Ganoderma lucidum) are traditional Asian medicines for cancer, properties borne out in studies.
I found an Italian study indicating that beta glucans range from .139 to .666 g/100 g in Plurotus ostreatus (oyster mushrooms) and Boletus (Porcini).

#146 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Depending on where in the brain, and rate of growth, there could be no discernible effect from such an "abnormality." Resveratrol does cross the blood-brain barrier.

How much should you take? As much as you can tolerate. We have seen papers discussed in this forum indicating that past a certain dosage, the concentration both peak and AUC do not increase. This would indicate a rate-limiting transport mechanism. My recollection is that the peak efficiency of delivery seemed to occur at around one gram, but to fall off slowly. I think five or 6 grams in one dose is the maximum dose that would show increased blood levels. However, it could administered twice or even three times a day to result in higher sustained levels. So 15 grams a day in three divided doses is a possibility, as long as there are no intolerable side effects. I would work up to such a dose for myself, doubling dosage every two days. I do not think such a high dose would be needed for more than a few weeks at most, and that a maintenance dose of a few grams a day will be all that is needed.

I agree that's the way to go. 15g in three divided doses. So far he hasn't had any adverse effects.

#147 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

How much should you take? As much as you can tolerate.
I think five or 6 grams in one dose is the maximum dose that would show increased blood levels. However, it could administered twice or even three times a day to result in higher sustained levels. So 15 grams a day in three divided doses is a possibility, as long as there are no intolerable side effects. I would work up to such a dose for myself, doubling dosage every two days.

I took 5 grams on Saturday, 10grams on Sunday and Monday. No detectable negative adverse effects. I take the first dose in the morning on an empty stomach, second aound 3-4 pm. You want me to go 15 grams, Done.

#148 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'm not entirely sure Missminni. Shortly before and leading up to the 4th of July hospital stay I was passing out and blacking out. I attributed that to the tumor wrapping itself around my heart and staving my brain of oxygen. And perhaps that conclusion is correct, but I never even considered the remote possibility that it had anything to do with the brain, because I had not seen that document.

#149 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

Maxwatt post 109

A number of thing are anti-angiogenic. Curcumin, quercetin, resveratrol to name a few.

Turmeric and some fresh gingers also contain a hedgehog pathway inhibitor, which appears to be a good way to prevent metastasization.

Curcumin was on the list of what I got in the hospital. I had no spread up to May 21st, unfortunately there is plenty of spread now. That ship has sailed Maxwatt :)

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

Krillin 111

How can you be comfortable with that amount if you've never measured your selenium status? You seem pretty harmed by something.

For 2 decades I had no problems, than for 3 years I went zero on the vitamins. Yeah, I think I was harmed by the lack of having the protection of my vity’s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users