* * * * * 4 votes

THEFIRSTIMMORTAL Lifetime member given 6 months to live

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#391 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

Good luck chap, I'm sure i don't have to add that although everyone is keen to hear how you're doing, resting up is always the priority over posting!

Take it easy. ;)

#392 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

In the site I posted some days ago, there's a link for a public natural medicine blog. It has tons on info. on diff. cancers and their specific possible treatment modalities with supporting evidence. I warn you, It's a lot of info to read over but it's damn worth it. You can also search the blog archives. It has close to daily posts dating back to 2005. You can also, sign up for the forums, but you have to pay. I enjoy just the free stuff :)

http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#393 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

5cm would be a great result, and shows that there is hope for a future. Don't lose your nerve and your commitment to your regime (although it sounds like you have that under control, but the mind is always difficult to tame under stress). Holding thumbs for Wednesday.

#394 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

Fungus Causing Cancer -- A Novel Approach to the Most Common Form of Death

Oh one more thing, I wanted to ask if you are currently still actively using or consuming marijuana in your condition?

Edited by cmorera, 27 September 2008 - 11:04 PM.

#395 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

Oh one more thing, I wanted to ask if you are currently still actively using or consuming marijuana in your condition?

resveratrol is anti-fungal too.

#396 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:37 PM

resveratrol is anti-fungal too.

Interesting, it is proposed that resveratrols anti-fungal abilities might be in fact a protection method that grapes have adapted to ward off fungus.

Since fungal infections are more common in cooler climates, grapes grown in cooler climates have a higher concentration [of resveratrol][3].

[3] Kopp P. Resveratrol, a phytoestrogen found in red wine. A possible explanation for the conundrum of the 'French paradox'? European Journal of Endocrinology 138:619-620, 1998.

Grapes' Anti-fungal Agent May Fight Cancer

I think this is definitely a good path to be going down then. Also, if I am reading my previous link correctly, Lung Cancer has a 2% 5 year survival rate for Chemotherapy treatment ... I'm not a doctor but if progress isn't being made soon, it may be a possibly to weigh continuing treatment.

#397 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

POSTED UNDER THE THREAT OF CENSORSHIP

Good luck chap, I'm sure i don't have to add that although everyone is keen to hear how you're doing, resting up is always the priority over posting!

Take it easy. ;)

Posting is living, resting is dyin'
Sorry, haven't caught up enough to get back to the flower thread, it's in the queue

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 28 September 2008 - 06:34 AM.

#398 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

In the site I posted some days ago, there's a link for a public natural medicine blog. It has tons on info. on diff. cancers and their specific possible treatment modalities with supporting evidence. I warn you, It's a lot of info to read over but it's damn worth it. You can also search the blog archives. It has close to daily posts dating back to 2005. You can also, sign up for the forums, but you have to pay. I enjoy just the free stuff ;)

http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/

Shortcut and logged, Thank You Lufega.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 28 September 2008 - 06:34 AM.

#399 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:00 AM

5cm would be a great result, and shows that there is hope for a future. Don't lose your nerve and your commitment to your regime (although it sounds like you have that under control, but the mind is always difficult to tame under stress). Holding thumbs for Wednesday.

5cm would be better than anything they have ever seen at campus drive, but whether it is 5cm or 9cm is in some sense irrelevant, what’s really important is can we continue to shrink it with the alternative therapy protocol.

Thanks for the thumbs up, and btw, I’m not under stress.

Things that cause me stress, watching someone’s post get censored, that causes me great stress.
Live Long and Well

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 28 September 2008 - 06:35 AM.

#400 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

I have not smoked marijuana since the late 80’s, I don’t particularly care for it’s effects. I don’t drink alcohol for the same reason, I just don’t like it. And you know what I like less, the government trying to make that decision for us.
Live Long and Well

#401 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

yeah i think the pompopus post on the previous page alluding to the fact that you had yourself to blame because you were a pot smoker was out of line, and insensitive.

#402 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

yeah i think the pompopus post on the previous page alluding to the fact that you had yourself to blame because you were a pot smoker was out of line, and insensitive.

Pompopus post on the previous page?? I can't find the post you're talking about, what number post is it?

#403 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

I dont think there is any shown link between marijuana consumption and cancer, there is some evidence showing marijuana may lower immune function which may be relevent during cancer treatment. I'm hoping to see some reduction in the tumor size after your next tests, you may also want to consider some type of sodium bicarbonate treatment on the cancer/fungus angle

http://www.curenatur...ung-cancer.html

From that link, the protocol has to do with some type of sodium bicarbonate aersol treatment inhaled (and also IV sodium bicarbonate).

Also, TFI, be sure to soak up some rays, I hear sunlight is very effective in preventing of onset of cancers and the vitamin d may help as well.

Good luck for now

#404 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

I dont think there is any shown link between marijuana consumption and cancer, there is some evidence showing marijuana may lower immune function which may be relevent during cancer treatment. I'm hoping to see some reduction in the tumor size after your next tests, you may also want to consider some type of sodium bicarbonate treatment on the cancer/fungus angle

http://www.curenatur...ung-cancer.html

From that link, the protocol has to do with some type of sodium bicarbonate aersol treatment inhaled (and also IV sodium bicarbonate).

Also, TFI, be sure to soak up some rays, I hear sunlight is very effective in preventing of onset of cancers and the vitamin d may help as well.

Good luck for now

I ran the baking soda idea down in the fighting cancer thread. I'm having problems locating 500ml IV bottles. As for the sun, I would love to, but it's been cloudy and rainy the past few days.
Live Long and Well

#405 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:35 AM

While it may be a long shot, heres some more info about the baking soda treatment, and also this person claims mixing Maple Syrup as a transport and trick the cancer into absorbing the baking soda at an accelerated rate ... interesting read certainly

http://www.cancercom...all,26029,0.htm

Also, I'm not reccomending anything but heres some treatments that claim lapacho bark and THC may be effective in treating lung cancer.

http://www.altmd.com...lp-Fight-Cancer

Edited by cmorera, 29 September 2008 - 04:46 AM.

#406 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

While it may be a long shot, heres some more info about the baking soda treatment, and also this person claims mixing Maple Syrup as a transport and trick the cancer into absorbing the baking soda at an accelerated rate ... interesting read certainly

Also, I'm not reccomending anything but heres some treatments that claim lapacho bark and THC may be effective in treating lung cancer.

I noticed that they had a message board. Is this a site you visit often and chat in?

#407 Wedrifid

• 173 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:32 AM

The response to melatonin varies significantly from person to person. In those highly sensitive to it a dose of 3 mg is well above the dose at which it is useful for inducing sleep, while a dose of 0.5 mg may be more effective. For many who have more typical response to melatonin a mega dose does not actually induce sleep effectively at all.

I know you (TFirst) has a preference against taking a large dose of the stuff and I respect that. It's not my tumor! Nevertheless, if it was I'd be giving a 20mg dose a shot once at least. Since trials on humans at up to 75mg a day for long term use have shown no particular problems I figure it's worth a shot. The only risk is a little risidual sleepiness the next day. Who cares? Green tea sorts that out soon enough.

Hey William, just out of interest - are you on high dose melatonin?

Have you considered taking it during the day as well? Trials with Chemo patients have been very encouraging.

Melatonin on paper looks wonderful, but I'm highly sensitive to it and a mere 3g dose puts me out like a light and you need 20g to really fight cancer. A dose that would put me in a deep funk. I do have a bottle for emergency sleep purposes, but I have to skip this as a therapy.

#408 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Maple Syrup? !! They must be French Canadian.

#409 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

The response to melatonin varies significantly from person to person. In those highly sensitive to it a dose of 3 mg is well above the dose at which it is useful for inducing sleep, while a dose of 0.5 mg may be more effective. For many who have more typical response to melatonin a mega dose does not actually induce sleep effectively at all.

I know you (TFirst) has a preference against taking a large dose of the stuff and I respect that. It's not my tumor! Nevertheless, if it was I'd be giving a 20mg dose a shot once at least. Since trials on humans at up to 75mg a day for long term use have shown no particular problems I figure it's worth a shot. The only risk is a little risidual sleepiness the next day. Who cares?

I care. I personally get more than a little “residual sleepiness” I get totally wiped out. When your life is no longer being measured in decades and years, but is being measured by hours and days, perhaps you’ll look at a several hours of your life as a bigger deal. I not only get several hours of sleep, but the rest of my day is pretty much ruined because I’m lethargic all day.

Green tea sorts that out soon enough.

I drink 3 large cups a day, each tea with 2 green tea bags and 1 black tea bag, but that does not resolve the funk.
Live Long and Well

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 29 September 2008 - 02:45 PM.

#410 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Regarding the maple syrup and baking soda...

I'm not understanding how the two are supposed to "bind" together and survive, tied together after digestion? Does anyone have any information on how this is accomplished? And why maple syrup? Is that special in some way over other forms of sugar?

The idea of giving cancer sugar seems risky to me.

David

#411 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

I noticed that they had a message board. Is this a site you visit often and chat in?

No, I can't personally verify that site, it just came up after some searching for keywords, I think I was specifically searching for "Lung Cancer" and "sodium bicarbonate."

Maple Syrup? !! They must be French Canadian.

haha maybe =]

Regarding the maple syrup and baking soda...

I'm not understanding how the two are supposed to "bind" together and survive, tied together after digestion? Does anyone have any information on how this is accomplished? And why maple syrup? Is that special in some way over other forms of sugar?

The idea of giving cancer sugar seems risky to me.

David

Well, this is a good point and a very valid concern. I would like to do more research when I have time to see if there are legitimate people who have tried this protocol, and had good results. Yes, it seems risky also to take a high sugar source in a weakened situation, especially having cancer. It seems the maple syrup and sodium bicarbonate may bind somehow with the method described as heating them together first ... but I dont know if its scientifically valid, I think just having maple syrup + sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) together would illicit some response together in the body, be them separate or not.

I think the aerosol administration methods are generally safe, and there are a few more treatment methods using Baking Soda, all relatively safe and very low cost.

#412 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

...(snip)...
I would like to do more research when I have time to see if there are legitimate people who have tried this protocol, and had good results. Yes, it seems risky also to take a high sugar source in a weakened situation, especially having cancer. It seems the maple syrup and sodium bicarbonate may bind somehow with the method described as heating them together first ... but I dont know if its scientifically valid, I think just having maple syrup + sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) together would illicit some response together in the body, be them separate or not.

I think the aerosol administration methods are generally safe, and there are a few more treatment methods using Baking Soda, all relatively safe and very low cost.

Indigestion might be a problem.

#413 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

I know you (TFirst) has a preference against taking a large dose of the stuff and I respect that. It's not my tumor! Nevertheless, if it was I'd be giving a 20mg dose a shot once at least. Since trials on humans at up to 75mg a day for long term use have shown no particular problems I figure it's worth a shot. The only risk is a little risidual sleepiness the next day. Who cares? Green tea sorts that out soon enough.

Hey William, just out of interest - are you on high dose melatonin?

Have you considered taking it during the day as well? Trials with Chemo patients have been very encouraging.

Melatonin on paper looks wonderful, but I'm highly sensitive to it and a mere 3g dose puts me out like a light and you need 20g to really fight cancer. A dose that would put me in a deep funk. I do have a bottle for emergency sleep purposes, but I have to skip this as a therapy.

I couldn't agree with you more, Wedrifid. It doesn't make any difference for me whether I take 2mg or 30mg these days. Although I admit in the beginning I did notice some grogginess in the morning. If I had a tumour, I would have to have an allergic reaction to melatonin before I decided against dropping the dose from 30mg or more a night.

#414 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hey William - did you get the results back yet (I thought you said Wednesday?)

#415 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hey William - did you get the results back yet (I thought you said Wednesday?)

I quessed it would be in Wednesday, I checked tuesday because we had rain forcast for wed. I didn't get down there today because morphine and motorcycles are not a winning combination. Oh, I thought about it, but everytime I get a crazy thought surrounding my motorcycle, Waysides avatar pops up in my head waving a finger of shame at me.

I'll stay off the morphine tomorrow at least long enough to get the mail taken care of. I have three letters that I have to get in the mail tomorrow so I have to get down there. If it isn't in the mail tomorrow, that means my Doctor is really pissed about me skipping the chemo session.

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 03 October 2008 - 02:12 AM.

#416 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

Thefirstimmortal,

Currently, there are 15 medical centers enrolling patients in the four clinical trials testing GRN163L (Telomerase Inhibitor Drug).

Telomerase activity is necessary for most cancer cells to replicate indefinitely and thereby enable tumor growth and metastasis. One of our strategies for the development of anti-cancer therapies is to inhibit telomerase activity in cancer cells. Inhibiting telomerase activity should result in telomere shortening and therefore cause degeneration and death of cancer cells.

I have not read all the posts here so I am not sure if it's suitable for you. Just take a look, http://www.geron.com...ls/GRN163L.aspx

#417 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Thefirstimmortal,

Currently, there are 15 medical centers enrolling patients in the four clinical trials testing GRN163L (Telomerase Inhibitor Drug).

Telomerase activity is necessary for most cancer cells to replicate indefinitely and thereby enable tumor growth and metastasis. One of our strategies for the development of anti-cancer therapies is to inhibit telomerase activity in cancer cells. Inhibiting telomerase activity should result in telomere shortening and therefore cause degeneration and death of cancer cells.

I have not read all the posts here so I am not sure if it's suitable for you. Just take a look, http://www.geron.com...ls/GRN163L.aspx

This trail is for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), I wasn't lucky enough to have gotten that, I have oat cell, a small cell lung cancer.
I do thank you for thinking of me Seeds.
Live Long and Well

#418 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hi TFI,

I got your letter today, and no problem regarding the request.

A

#419 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hi TFI,

A

Thank You Anthony, and Anthony I want to extend my gratitude for your continued support. I know that in addition to your generosity you have spent a considerable amount of time and effort and I want to assure you that your sacrifice is appreciated very much. Again, thanks so much Anthony for all you've done.

Attached Files

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#420 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi TFI,

A

Thank You Anthony, and Anthony I want to extend my gratitude for your continued support. I know that in addition to your generosity you have spent a considerable amount of time and effort and I want to assure you that your sacrifice is appreciated very much. Again, thanks so much Anthony for all you've done.

any news on updated test results ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users