* * * * - 8 votes

THE FIRST IMMORTAL's WISH LIST

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

Dear friends and members who want to help thefirstimmortal fight cancer,

Presently the only weapons in his arsenal are a bottle of LEF mix with 250mg of Res, and the kilo of resveratol from the anonymous one. There is a months supply of Vitamin C and a two month supply of Dhea on the way courtesy of Sub-Zero
but I am unaware of any others that are being sent.
He doesn't have any other vitamins. He could use any and all of them as well
as other supplements we all take regularly. To link to each one, or to even itemize
at this point is too complicated to be effective. If you could pick a vitamin or supplement that you would like to send and then just post as to what it was to avoid doubling up...of course he needs three months supplies, so doubling up might be necessary in some cases...it would let other know what to send.
His address is provided for shipping.
Whatever one can afford to send would be more than appreciated.
Please have it shipped to
William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

So many have expressed the desire to help in his fight. Here's an opportunity to do so. His victory will belong to all of us. He just needs the arsenal to go to battle.

Edited by Lazarus Long, 01 August 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Below is a supplement he would like to use in that battle and a link to the site
where it may be purchased. His address is provided for shipping. One click and
it could be on the way to him.
Presently the only weapons in his arsenal are a bottle of LEF mix with 250mg of Res,
and the kilo of resveratol from the great anonymous one.
He doesn't even have any vitamins.

Enough to last three months would be ideal, but whatever one can afford would be more than enough.
Mega Green Tea Extract (lightly caffeinated), 100 vegetarian capsules

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Please check back as more items will be added tomorrow.
So many have expressed the desire to help in his fight. Here's an opportunity to do so. His victory will belong to all of us. He just needs the arsenal to go to battle.

One capsule of this LEF green tea extract contains 326 mg of EGCG.
One 8 oz cup of brewed (not commercial bottled) green tea contains 180 mg of EGCG. I can get 100 bags of a decent green tea for $4, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the extract.
I'd be happy to send a couple of boxes, just say the word. I can also get white tea for the same price, and it is supposed to contain even more EGCG and polyphenols than green tea.

If one can enjoy drinking five or six cups of tea a day, there is likely no need to supplement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

One 8 oz cup of brewed (not commercial bottled) green tea contains 180 mg of EGCG. I can get 100 bags of a decent green tea for $4, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the extract.
I'd be happy to send a couple of boxes, just say the word. I can also get white tea for the same price, and it is supposed to contain even more EGCG and polyphenols than green tea.

If one can enjoy drinking five or six cups of tea a day, there is likely no need to supplement.

WORD! I think LEF is so overpriced but TFI has been buying from them for years. Just send the tea.
And thanks a million.
I want to add that I am attempting to edit the first post if I can get access from one of the navigators to do so. I will post the new version in the next post until I am able to change the first one.

Edited by missminni, 01 August 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#4 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

So far, this is what has been sent:

Mygene sent a bottle of LEF mix
Shepard sent a bottle of LEF mix
Mixter sent two bottles of LEF mix and 2 bottles of LEF's Resveratrol
The anonymous donor sent a kilo of Resveratrol
SubZero sent a months supply of Vit C and 2 months supply of dhea
That's his arsenal so far. He needs vitamins and other supplements as well.
I think hi dose Omega 3's would be a welcome addition.

Here's a case study that could justify increasing your omega 3 intake.
Nutr Cancer. 2005;52(2):121-9.
Nutritional intervention with omega-3 Fatty acids in a case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the lungs.
Pardini RS, Wilson D, Schiff S, Bajo SA, Pierce R.
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Navada, Reno, NV 89557, USA. ronp@cabnr.unr.edu

We present a case of a 78-yr-old man with malignant fibrous histiocytoma with multiple lesions in both lungs. Following diagnosis, he declined conventional chemotherapy and elected nutritional intervention by increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids and lowering intake of omega-6 fatty acids. We estimated that he consumed 15 g of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per day, and the ratio of linoleic acid/long-chain omega-3 fatty acids in his diet was 0.81. Serial computed tomography scans and pulmonary x-rays revealed remarkably a slow and steady decrease in the size and number of bilateral nodules. He has no apparent side effects from consuming large quantities of fish and algae oils rich in DHA and EPA and he remains asymptomatic.

PMID: 16201843

Edited by missminni, 01 August 2008 - 05:48 PM.

#5 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone have a LEF membership? I'd like to get him a couple bottles of D3.
http://www.lef.org/n.../item00713.html

#6 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

I just sent him the following:

NOW Foods Silymarin 300 mg - 100 Vegetable Capsules

NOW Foods Vitamin A 25,000 IU - 100 Softgels

Futurebiotics Omega- 3 bottles of Fish Oil - 100 Softgels each total 300
but each capsule is only
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 180 mg
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 120 mg

to get the 15 grams that cured that man of lung cancer he would have to take 50 a day,
so at that rate, it would only last for 6 days, but hopefully someone will send more and higher potency.
He can take a lesser amount to get started. I see the Res as the cancer killer and the fish oil nutritional support.
Maxwatt said silymarin enhances Resveratrol so I hope that helps on that front.
And Vit A is just an inexpensive basic I thought was better than nothing.
Sorry but I can't afford LEF. I sent what I use myself. I hope it helps.

Edited by missminni, 01 August 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#7 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

but each capsule is only

to get the 15 grams that cured that man of lung cancer he would have to take 50 a day,
so at that rate, it would only last for 6 days, but hopefully someone will send more and higher potency.
He can take a lesser amount to get started. I see the Res as the cancer killer and the fish oil nutritional support.

It's great too see your sending him supplements missinni, but isn't 25,000 IU of Vit A bit too high? Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, so it stays in the body for a longer time, unlike water soluble ones (Vit C and B Vitamins).

http://www.nlm.nih.g...icle/002400.htm

"If you get too much vitamin A, you can become sick. Large doses of vitamin A can also cause birth defects. Acute vitamin A poisoning usually occurs when an adult takes several hundred thousand IU. Symptoms of chronic vitamin A poisoning may occur in adults who regularly take more than 25,000 IU a day"

If he's taking LEF mix which already contains a large dose of Vit. A it wouldn't be a good idea for him to try the 25,000 IU one (on the same day). What do you think?

#8 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

but each capsule is only

It's great too see your sending him supplements missinni, but isn't 25,000 IU of Vit A bit too high? Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, so it stays in the body for a longer time, unlike water soluble ones (Vit C and B Vitamins).

"If you get too much vitamin A, you can become sick. Large doses of vitamin A can also cause birth defects. Acute vitamin A poisoning usually occurs when an adult takes several hundred thousand IU. Symptoms of chronic vitamin A poisoning may occur in adults who regularly take more than 25,000 IU a day"

If he's taking LEF mix which already contains a large dose of Vit. A it wouldn't be a good idea for him to try the 25,000 IU one (on the same day). What do you think?

Vitamin A is one of those vitamins generally you definitely don't want to take too much of. I'm unaware of any research showing it having any positive effect in combating cancer, but there's been plenty of research showing that it can be harmful.

Vitamin D3 has been demonstrated in many studies as having an anticancer effect, and could potentially help FirstImmortal. This can be obtained either through exogenous supplements, or through (sensible) unprotected sun exposure (spurs endogenous vitamin D3 production).

Edited by TianZi, 02 August 2008 - 05:39 AM.

#9 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

but each capsule is only

I agree. I didn't know the LEF mix had Vit A. I'll let him know not to take it. He can just put that one aside when it comes. It was shipped already. Thanks for pointing this out. I knew it once upon a time, but totally forgot. I started taking it recently too, so I will stop as well, or maybe take it once a week. Thanks.

Edited by missminni, 02 August 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#10 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Does anyone have a LEF membership? I'd like to get him a couple bottles of D3.
http://www.lef.org/n.../item00713.html

Those LEF bottles contain powder capsules. I threw away a couple of them not so long ago.

Based on his clinical experience with 100s of patients, Dr. Davis, of TrackYourPlaque.com, is insistent that D3's benefit cannot normally be had except when in a gelcap/softgel and/or taken with healthy oils.

If you were thinking about the LEF D3 product because it comes in a larger dosage size, a good alternative is Carlson's 4000 IU "Solar Gems" sold at many online sites and in many vitamin shops.

Edited by wccaguy, 02 August 2008 - 12:57 PM.

#11 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

Jarrow has a potent D3 gelcap oil formulation of 2500 IU

#12 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

I just started supplementing with Pantothenic Acid (from Calciium Pantothenate) and have been reading about it.
It basically has no toxicity, except at extremely high doses - over 10 g a day - it cause diahrea. It has numerous wonderful benefits and strengthens adrenals which I am sure he could use at this point. I was thinking this would be good supp for him. If agreed it's a good thing, it can be found reasonably priced in powder form - 8 oz for $12.95. With an eighth of a level teaspoon being 400 mg, that should last a long long time. If someone is looking for a way to help, may I suggest sending this.

Pantothenic acid, also called vitamin B5 (a B vitamin), is a water-soluble vitamin required to sustain life (essential nutrient). Pantothenic acid is needed to form coenzyme-A (CoA), and is critical in the metabolism and synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. In chemical structure, it is the amide between D-pantoate and beta-alanine. Its name is derived from the Greek pantothen (παντόθεν) meaning "from everywhere" and small quantities of pantothenic acid are found in nearly every food, with high amounts in whole-grain cereals, legumes, eggs, meat, and royal jelly. It is commonly found as its alcohol analog, the provitamin panthenol, and as calcium pantothenate.Biological role

Only the dextrorotatory (D) isomer of pantothenic acid possesses biologic activity.[1] The levorotatory (L) form may antagonize the effects of the dextrorotatory isomer.[2]

Pantothenic acid is used in the synthesis of coenzyme A (CoA). Coenzyme A may act as an acyl group carrier to form acetyl-CoA and other related compounds; this is a way to transport carbon atoms within the cell. The transfer of carbon atoms by coenzyme A is important in cellular respiration, as well as the biosynthesis of many important compounds such as fatty acids, cholesterol, and acetylcholine.

Acetyl-CoA is used in the condensation of oxaloacetate to citrate at the initiation of the TCA cycle. From the TCA cycle, acetyl-CoA can also initiate the fatty acid synthesis pathway [3]

Since pantothenic acid participates in a wide array of key biological roles, it is considered essential to all forms of life.[4] As such, deficiencies in pantothenic acid may have numerous wide-ranging effects, as discussed below.

Pantothenic acid is vital for a healthy pregnancy.

#13 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

And here it is for $7.17 cents + $6 for shipping. Another easy and affordable way to help.

#14 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

Both have been ordered, and should be shipped soon.

Folks, please remember to use the code "IMMORTAL" if you decide to order resveratrol from us, so that we can continue to provide 10% to The FirstImmortal. If you have ordered within the last week, and have not used this code, please PM/email me.

thanks
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 02 August 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#15 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Both have been ordered, and should be shipped soon.

Folks, please remember to use the code "IMMORTAL" if you decide to order resveratrol from us, so that we can continue to provide 10% to The FirstImmortal. If you have ordered within the last week, and have not used this code, please PM/email me.

thanks
A

Thank you Anthony. You beat me to the punch! I was just going to post about it. It's wonderful and just in time.
C'mon people, use the Immortal code when you order. You get a discount and help somebody to fight for his life at the same time.

#16 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

This is a product that Matt posted about on another thread that I think would be appropriate for Thefirstimmortal as well. It's $35 for a months supply, but it appears to be worth the money.

ActivaMune - Diindolylmethane (DIM) Immune Support Formula - Nutritional Immunology - Immune Booster & Support for Breast, Prostate, Cardiovascular, Vision, Skin & Colon Health with Bioavailable Diindolylmethane (DIM), Sulforaphane, Selenium, Lycopene, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E & Calcium - Powerful Natural Immune Booster - Diindolylmethane (DIM) Natural Immune Booster - Immune Activation - Oral Interferon-Gamma - Diindolylmethane (DIM) Immune Support Dietary Supplement - DIM & More - Natural Antiviral - Diindolylmethane (DIM) Anti-viral - Cancer Nutrition - Cancer Prevention - HPV Therapeutic - HPV Drug - Cervical Dysplasia Natural Treatment - Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Therapy - Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Recurring Respiratory Papillomatosis (RRP) Cure through Diindolylmethane (DIM) Immune Support - HPV Cure – HPV Natural Therapy with Diindolylmethane (DIM) - Broccoli Boosts Immune System with Diindolylmethane (DIM) – Broccoli Immunity – Brassica Immunity - Anticancer Broccoli - Anti-Cancer Brassica Vegetables - Cancer Prevention through Nutrition with Diindolylmethane (DIM) - Hormonal Balance with Diindolylmethane (DIM) - Healthy Estrogen Metabolism with Diindolylmethane (DIM) – Broccoli Prevents Cancer with Diindolylmethane (DIM) – Broccoli and Cancer Risk – Promotes Cellular Detoxification with Sulforaphane – World’s First Supplement Providing Sulforaphane with Diindolylmethane (DIM) – Detox with Sulforaphane and Selenium - Cancer Nutritional and Immune Support BREAKTHROUGH DISCOVERY IN NUTRITIONAL IMMUNOLOGY

At the University of California at Berkeley, the Chairman of the Nutritional Sciences Department and the Director of the National Institutes of Health Cancer Research Program were studying the anticancer properties of Diindolylmethane (DIM), a naturally occurring compound found in Brassica vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts), when they made a remarkable discovery: DIM is a potent activator of the immune response system. Activation of the immune system in part explains DIM's anticancer properties, and for the first time, sheds light on its potent antiviral and antibacterial properties. The scientists patented their discovery and ActivaMune was launched as a first-in-class nutritional supplement to enhance the immune system and support multiple organs throughout the body: breast, prostate, cardiovascular, vision, skin and colon health. ActivaMune's unique and patented formula combines multiple nutrients for maximum effectiveness: Diindolylmethane (DIM), Sulforaphane, Selenium, Lycopene, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Calcium and Vitamins C, D3 & E.

ActivaMune's formula is exclusively licensed from the University of California at Berkeley. The supplement provides phytonutrients equivalent to approximately five pounds of fresh organic uncooked broccoli, tomatoes and spinach per day. All broccoli extract supplements on the market today, without exception, do not have the active ingredients in ActivaMune as their manufacturing process (heat or freeze drying) destroys the enzyme necessary for the production of the key phytonutrients present in this supplement.

Why does ActivaMune deliver the equivalent of uncooked broccoli? Because cooking or steaming broccoli and other Brassica vegetables destroys the enzyme necessary for the production of their key health promoting phytonutrients. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of our website for more answers to questions we are often asked about our product which is the result of over 20 years of research by internationally recognized scientists.

The Scientific Advisory Board members of our company are internationally renowned scientists in the fields of nutrition, oncology and immunology:
Dr. Leonard Bjeldanes, Ph.D. Professor and Former Chairman, Nutritional Sciences Department, UC Berkeley. Dr. Bjeldanes is the most cited scientist worldwide in the field of Diindolylmethane research.
Dr. Gary Firestone, Ph.D. Director, National Institutes of Health Cancer Research Program, UC Berkeley. Dr. Firestone and Dr. Bjeldanes at UC Berkeley have together published more scientific papers on DIM than any other scientific team worldwide.
Dr. Christopher Benz, M.D. Professor of Medicine in Oncology, UCSF, founder of the first laboratory at UCSF dedicated to breast cancer research, Program Director, Cancer and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Buck Institute for Age Research.
Dr. Warner Greene, M.D., Ph.D. Professor of Medicine in Immunology, UCSF, Director, UCSF Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, Board Member, United States Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences.

Edited by missminni, 02 August 2008 - 08:04 PM.

#17 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

Presently the only weapons in his arsenal are a bottle of LEF mix with 250mg of Res, and the kilo of resveratol from the anonymous one. There is a months supply of Vitamin C and a two month supply of Dhea on the way courtesy of Sub-Zero
as other supplements we all take regularly. To link to each one, or to even itemize
at this point is too complicated to be effective. If you could pick a vitamin or supplement that you would like to send and then just post as to what it was to avoid doubling up...of course he needs three months supplies, so doubling up might be necessary in some cases...it would let other know what to send.
William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Curcumin w/ piperine?

Curcumin inhibits the Notch Pathway
Resveratrol inhibits the Wnt Patwahy & BCL-2

FYI Bcl-2 is expressed a variety of cancers including sclc. All you need to add is a Hedgehog inhibitor to your cocktail and you would have a very good off label anti-cancer therapy. :-)

#18 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Curcumin w/ piperine?

FYI Bcl-2 is expressed a variety of cancers including sclc. All you need to add is a Hedgehog inhibitor to your cocktail and you would have a very good off label anti-cancer therapy. :-)

Can you recommend a good product?

#19 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Curcumin w/ piperine?

a good product for a Hh inhibitor? Well there is one but it is super expensive "Cyclopamine" It is strange I see the plant it comes from all the time. I wouldn't recommend buying it as it will cost way to much. I hope to change all that with a new Hh inhibitor that will hopefully be enrolled in a supplement for fighting cancer. However, the extraction process is hard and challenging.

#20 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Curcumin w/ piperine?Curcumin inhibits the Notch Pathway

a good product for a Hh inhibitor? Well there is one but it is super expensive "Cyclopamine" It is strange I see the plant it comes from all the time. I wouldn't recommend buying it as it will cost way to much. I hope to change all that with a new Hh inhibitor that will hopefully be enrolled in a supplement for fighting cancer. However, the extraction process is hard and challenging.

I have a very small amount of this; probably not enough to be useful, and I am not sure of its purity, though I am sure there is nothing there that is not in the edible plant it is derived from. (I am trying to get a decent analysis done and don't feel it would be ethical to recommend this for human consumption at this time.)

FWIW, turmeric root-- not the curcumin that is synthesized for supplement use, or that which is extracted from turmeric root, but the whole root-- does contain a significant amount of an Hh (hedgehog) inhibitor. I think good quality fresh ground turmeric, encapsulated, might be helpful for putting the third nail in this cancer's coffin.

#21 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:16 AM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

Curcumin w/ piperine?

Why?

#22 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

I have a very small amount of this; probably not enough to be useful, and I am not sure of its purity, though I am sure there is nothing there that is not in the edible plant it is derived from. (I am trying to get a decent analysis done and don't feel it would be ethical to recommend this for human consumption at this time.)

FWIW, turmeric root-- not the curcumin that is synthesized for supplement use, or that which is extracted from turmeric root, but the whole root-- does contain a significant amount of an Hh (hedgehog) inhibitor. I think good quality fresh ground turmeric, encapsulated, might be helpful for putting the third nail in this cancer's coffin.

You mean get fresh turmeric, grind it yourself and encapsulate it? or is there a product like this?

#23 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:38 AM

William O'Rights
79 Hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

You mean get fresh turmeric, grind it yourself and encapsulate it? or is there a product like this?

The powdered spice sold in supermarkets; it has to be as fresh as possible. Check expirationd ates if you can, glass bottles keep longer, the very large bottles sometimes sold are good if they are fresh and not from last year. I cam across an analysis of S.E. Asian turmeric root, nearl two per cent of the powdered root consisted of an Hh inhibitor. Since the other things n it are harmless or even beneficial (like curcumin) it shouldn't hurt, and I think it would help. But we are dealing with natural products, a great deal of variation. Try for several sources of the spice, and mix them up to get the greatest liklihood of benefit. Yu can tell dry, expired spices by the lack of smell and flavor.

#24 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

Hi Maxwatt. Maxwatt, currently I have a box of Salada 100% Green Tea 40 bags at the cost of under 3 dollars. Claims 195mg of Natural Antioxidants, although I'm not sure, does that mean EGCG? At any rate, I got that as a delivery system for the res, but I’m all about adding this white tea, never even heard about it until now.

I’m not entirely sure that I would want to cross off the green tea extract for the entirely scientifically lacking explanation, Green tea used to drink is steeped in hot water, we don’t hit the res with that kind of heat, in fact I cool it to no greater than 105. I just got a gut feeling that green tea extract is a better solution, and I got a gut feeling that one or more of you are going to tell me why I’m wrong about this.

But, I’m all about adding this tea Maxwatt, so you have a big green light on the white tea, and thank you for making the offer.
Live Long and Well
Bill O’Rights

#25 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:52 AM

Those LEF bottles contain powder capsules. I threw away a couple of them not so long ago.

Based on his clinical experience with 100s of patients, Dr. Davis, of TrackYourPlaque.com, is insistent that D3's benefit cannot normally be had except when in a gelcap/softgel and/or taken with healthy oils.

If you were thinking about the LEF D3 product because it comes in a larger dosage size, a good alternative is Carlson's 4000 IU "Solar Gems" sold at many online sites and in many vitamin shops.

And here it is for $7.17 cents + $6 for shipping. Another easy and affordable way to help.

Thanks for all the info guys. I hadn't realized that the LEF product wasn't a gel capsule. I can't believe any of the ADEK Vitamins could come in a dry form. I decided against the Solar Gems as they appeared to have lots of cod liver oil in them and made no mention of the amount of Vitamin A. Jarrow's product says it is free of Vitamin A so I ordered a couple of 2500 iu bottles.

Doing a bit of reading on the subject of Vitamin D while researching this I was interested to find that the body will not overdose itself with Vitamin D from sunlight even though light-skinned people can generate saturation levels within 30 minutes at the right latitudes.

#26 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:56 AM

[size=2][font="Courier"]WORD! I think LEF is so overpriced but TFI has been buying from them for years. Just send the tea.
And thanks a million.

There may be an effort to get LEF to get us some kind of break. I would like to at some point here say a few words about why I favor life extension, but that will be a longer post. For now, I just wanted everyone to know that we are trying to address the premium price issue.

#27 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

Curcumin w/ piperine?

The very quick answer to you on this one Hedgehog, is that curcumin was part of the very short list of items that I was taking to combat the cancer. This made the first cut and was part of the first succesful effort.

#28 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Perhaps this has already been mentioned but have you thought of dichloroacetic acid (DCA)? I spoke with Dr. Michelakis here at the University of Alberta who are running a trial and it is only shown to have no effect on sarcoma cancers. It has it's own issues I understand but am not sure what they might be. Apparently, it's relatively cheap and readily available. You might want to have a look at what you can find on it.

#29 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. I hadn't realized that the LEF product wasn't a gel capsule. I can't believe any of the ADEK Vitamins could come in a dry form. I decided against the Solar Gems as they appeared to have lots of cod liver oil in them and made no mention of the amount of Vitamin A. Jarrow's product says it is free of Vitamin A so I ordered a couple of 2500 iu bottles.

Doing a bit of reading on the subject of Vitamin D while researching this I was interested to find that the body will not overdose itself with Vitamin D from sunlight even though light-skinned people can generate saturation levels within 30 minutes at the right latitudes.

Super. Anthony sent a bottle too...so he will have plenty of D3...which is a good thing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Curcumin w/ piperine?

The very quick answer to you on this one Hedgehog, is that curcumin was part of the very short list of items that I was taking to combat the cancer. This made the first cut and was part of the first succesful effort.

I just came across this product Boswellin® with Curcumin Extract - 120 Caps....which seems to have three substances we've been disussing... It's only $9.00.

Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Boswellia®; (Boswellia serrata) (resin) 250 mg *
Extract of gum resins Standardized to contain 65% (162 mg) Boswellin Acids
Curcumin Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) 100 mg *
(min 90%) Standardized extract of tumeric root powder
Turmeric Root Powder 150 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.

and wccaguy would be happy to see you take Boswellia. Maybe he could suggest an effective dosage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users