Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

THE FIRST IMMORTAL's WISH LIST

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#151 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:50 AM

If you don't mind me asking but have you gotten any tissue studies done? Or immunohistochemical assays performed on your cancer? You can take all this advice (and there is plenty) but people are just throwing stuff out there because of study X or Y. It really depends on what your cancer is doing or what is activated that is causing it profilerate and be undetected by the immune system. There are probably a few common pathways that we could assume based on literature and others people tissue studies but you might have some unique profile that might help us understand what is really going on. This way the kind and wonderful people who are donating can actually donate to something that might prove to be more beneficial rather then a shot in the dark. Please ppl don't take offense to this it is only my opinion.

I just spent about 2 weeks going into detail regarding my friends cancer tissue profile and would be happy to take the time to look at yours and do a little digging. You can PM me if you would like. Having that said I'm no doctor but I might be able to provide some insight or at least something to discuss with your doctors.

ta ta for now

#152 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:50 AM

No. I don't.
Bill. I don't know how strongly I can say I disagree. This isn't a circus. Shannon's comment last night was bad enough, but this is adding insult to injury.
I know Anthony was offended too, and we both really care about you getting better. I find it not only objectionable and NOT FUNNY, but negative
and if you believe words have power, and they do, those are some pretty powerful negative words. I would reconsider if I were you.

Missminni, I have been constantly amazed and stunned at how many here don't have faith in Life Extension, Vitamins and the alternative therapies available to fight this. And here of all places in a site dedicated to that proposition. Caliban a leader, Shanon and even my friend Laz does not believe in the vitamin aspect of this community. BrokenPortal, an alleged Life Extender, you read his comments.

Missminni, I want to know just how many people here have real faith in the mission.
I’ll write more in a bit Missminni, but I invite you and Anthony to give this some deeper thought.

It has nothing to do with supplements. This is a about a choice of words. But if the words are your choice,
then so be it. I believe that words have power and you must choose them carefully. Maybe the words you've chosen mean something different
to you then they do to me or Anthony. So I accept that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

I've moved this to general Supplements and pinned it for the time being.

Where was this topic originally, why is it being pinned, what does pinning do to the topic? Shepard, even if these are positive things, don't you think you should ask the topic starters and posters whether or not they welcome these changes?

#154 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:17 AM

Pinning will help it get more exposure. I'm hoping that people who want to help will purchase supplements and send them to you directly, if they have an idea about what they'd want you to try--they could PM and OK it with you first. Thanks for your offer of help Hedgehog, I hope you find something!

#155 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

In the spirit of hope, I just donated to William some Doctor's Best Best Benfotiamine -- 150 mg - 120 Vegetarian Capsules. Two bottles.

We want to protect you William, once you get better, from all those long-term AGE products! You should have in a few days.

;))))))))

You sent stuff yesterday too. You must really want your lawn mowed.

I ran out of the stuff, so I thought I'd send him some too.

Thank you Full meMbeR. And will that be a 2 1/2 short cut, or would you rather have 3 inch blades? And how much raking is involed? ;)

#156 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:53 AM

If you don't mind me asking but have you gotten any tissue studies done? Or immunohistochemical assays performed on your cancer? You can take all this advice (and there is plenty) but people are just throwing stuff out there because of study X or Y. It really depends on what your cancer is doing or what is activated that is causing it profilerate and be undetected by the immune system. There are probably a few common pathways that we could assume based on literature and others people tissue studies but you might have some unique profile that might help us understand what is really going on. This way the kind and wonderful people who are donating can actually donate to something that might prove to be more beneficial rather then a shot in the dark. Please ppl don't take offense to this it is only my opinion.

I just spent about 2 weeks going into detail regarding my friends cancer tissue profile and would be happy to take the time to look at yours and do a little digging. You can PM me if you would like. Having that said I'm no doctor but I might be able to provide some insight or at least something to discuss with your doctors.

ta ta for now

Well, for starters. What would the immunohistochemical assays document look like? What kind of data would be on it?

#157 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

It has nothing to do with supplements. This is a about a choice of words. But if the words are your choice,
then so be it. I believe that words have power and you must choose them carefully. Maybe the words you've chosen mean something different

Missminni, you have no idea how carefully I chose those words, or how much thought I put into that.

#158 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:08 AM

Missminni, you have no idea how carefully I chose those words, or how much thought I put into that.

I have an idea now. They do mean something different to you and I respect that. Niner nailed it in the DeathWatch Thread.

#159 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Something that is provided by LEF that I just read about Fish oil and EPA/DHA factor that I wanted to post here since TFI will be taking mega amounts of it. BTW, BAC is selling LEF's Super Fish oil.

Caution
Those taking anticoagulant drugs like Coumadin® (warfarin) should inform their doctor that they are taking GLA, EPA, or DHA supplements, as the physician may want to adjust the dose of anticoagulant medication based on tests that measure coagulation factors such as template bleeding time.

Since GLA, EPA, and DHA interfere with blood clotting, those who suffer from any type of hemorrhagic disease related to excessive bleeding or blood vessel leakage should consult their physician before supplementing these fatty acids.

Edited by missminni, 06 August 2008 - 11:39 AM.

#160 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Where was this topic originally, why is it being pinned, what does pinning do to the topic? Shepard, even if these are positive things, don't you think you should ask the topic starters and posters whether or not they welcome these changes?

It was in the Resveratrol forum, so the forum change was so that it is in the appropriate section. I pinned it to help it get more exposure, but I will un-pin it if you or missminni request.

Edited by shepard, 06 August 2008 - 01:30 PM.

#161 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Ok, http://www.lef.org/V...o-Curcumin.html ordered (for whoever is keeping track), 4 bottles.

#162 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

I am not Hedgehog, we were working to develop an Hh inhibitor from a type of ginger, I think you got our posts crossed. The fresh Turmeric according to some papers, contains a substantial amount of zerumbone, which could help. I have some extract, not enough, and the purity is suspect. So I sent you 4 pounds of fresh root (not Anthony.). It's been used as a folk remedy in S.E. Asia for several things, including cancer. And thank Smithx for finding a source for it! I couldn't find it in Chinatown in Manhattan. Should ahve gone to Queens I guess.

My apologies Maxwatt, I just edited it. I saw above “Hedgehog was recommending fresh turmeric root” and I wanted to thank him for making that recommendation, and I don’t know how I screwed the rest of the post up. I’m a little embarrassed, sorry about that.

No big deal.

#163 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

Well, for starters. What would the immunohistochemical assays document look like? What kind of data would be on it?

The document would contain expression profiles of Genes and or pathways.
They might say something like
Blc-2 80%
PTEN-5%
VEGF-70%
PDGFR-60%
EGFR-2%

missminni, this abstract snippet is for you and might help explain your dogs results.

...while resveratrol exhibited substantial resistance on the metastasis potential stimulation by inhibiting the mRNA expression of VEGF....

These data demonstrated that, the antimetastatic effect of resveratrol under hypoxia were associated with the restriction of HIF-1alpha protein expression and stabilization, which could be a promising drug target for resveratrol in the development of an effective chemopreventive and anticancer therapy in human tumors.

This combined w/ BLC-2 and Wnt....

Res seems to like to put cells back into a normal and defensive state.

#164 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

I know you are getting you body toughened up with the resveratrol, and the other supplements.
But you need something for your mind as well...

This is something I picked up a some years ago, and I keep it around because it just works:

Download it, and take an hour and listen to this NLP technique.
It may sound silly at first... but try it on one of your memories, and see if it works for you. If it does, you may realize what you can do with this technique.

I will only have it up until Friday night, after that, it's gone forever.

Cheers.
A

#165 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

No. I don't.
Bill. I don't know how strongly I can say I disagree. This isn't a circus. Shannon's comment last night was bad enough, but this is adding insult to injury.
I know Anthony was offended too, and we both really care about you getting better. I find it not only objectionable and NOT FUNNY, but negative
and if you believe words have power, and they do, those are some pretty powerful negative words. I would reconsider if I were you.

Missminni, I have been constantly amazed and stunned at how many here don't have faith in Life Extension, Vitamins and the alternative therapies available to fight this. And here of all places in a site dedicated to that proposition. Caliban a leader, Shanon and even my friend Laz does not believe in the vitamin aspect of this community. BrokenPortal, an alleged Life Extender, you read his comments.

Missminni, I want to know just how many people here have real faith in the mission.
I’ll write more in a bit Missminni, but I invite you and Anthony to give this some deeper thought.

I reread this, I don’t think it came out right on paper so to speak. Some people here, who have no faith in the life extension abilities vity’s may be strong believers in cryonics and Immortality. Shannon certainly has put much effort in helping on that rescue mission, so I’m certainly not suggesting for one nanosecond that she is not a very devoted member of the Immortalist community.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 07 August 2008 - 04:02 AM.

#166 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

It was in the Resveratrol forum, so the forum change was so that it is in the appropriate section. I pinned it to help it get more exposure, but I will un-pin it if you or missminni request.

No, the changes are fine Shepard, and I get that your efforts were thoughtful and that your trying to help and assist. I appreciate your willingness to undo the changes also. I like you Shepard, I'm not trying to thump you on the head over this. I'm trying to gently persuade you that it might be better to use your powers of persuation to make changes in the future. ;)

#167 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Ok, http://www.lef.org/V...o-Curcumin.html ordered (for whoever is keeping track), 4 bottles.

Thank You Thughes,
I have in front of me a Medical document from the Maine Department of Corrections with my original list including curcumin. Much of the document is handwritten, so I can't text bridge it. I'm trying to remember how I did the prognosis letter. As soon as I can,I'll get that up here. Thank You for your help Thughes.

#168 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I know you are getting you body toughened up with the resveratrol, and the other supplements.

This is something I picked up a some years ago, and I keep it around because it just works:

It may sound silly at first... but try it on one of your memories, and see if it works for you. If it does, you may realize what you can do with this technique.

Cheers.
A

I have media player, I listened to the first minute of it, it's playing fine. How do I download it?

#169 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

right click on the link, and in the menu that pops up... choose "Save as" or "Save link as.."

and that should allow you to download it.

A

#170 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

right click on the link, and in the menu that pops up... choose "Save as" or "Save link as.."

and that should allow you to download it.

A

OK, got it. While we are on this subject, I'm a believer in music therapy. Much of the time I'm jamming tunes as I sit here, in fact inspired by full member
I pulled my minidisc collection of Ozzy out today. I have about 6 hours of Ozzy in my collection.

But I just thought of something, I asked a few days ago for assistance from Registered users who wanted to help. I shouldn’t have by the way made such an exclusive request to registered users, of course, if you are a member or even in leadership and want to help, I need more than just help with getting vity’s. Here is something you can do to help with my music therapy. I need a copy of a music piece “The Siege of Camlayied”. Could someone find a copy of that piece?

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 August 2008 - 05:29 PM.

#171 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Testing scan upload.

Attached Files

#172 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:56 AM

Testing scan upload.

There should be some information regarding at least how they diagnosed you. For example they came to the conclusion that it was SCLC. How and why did they make that decision? Why that type of lung cancer? If you ask the doctors they should be able to provide you with some additional details. For example have they done a biopsy? If so what test where performed and what are the results? This would provide the imminist think tank help out you and your docs in a more focused minor.

#173 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:55 AM

There should be some information regarding at least how they diagnosed you. For example they came to the conclusion that it was SCLC. How and why did they make that decision? Why that type of lung cancer? If you ask the doctors they should be able to provide you with some additional details. For example have they done a biopsy? If so what test where performed and what are the results? This would provide the imminist think tank help out you and your docs in a more focused minor.

They did 2 biopsies, and I found a few promising documents that have 411 on them. I'm sure you will be able to make far more sense out of it than I will. I don't know that I'll get that on tonight, and I have chemo tomorrow, but keep after me on that. I’ll see if I can’t locate the biopsy reports. I just had to go over the billing, I can tell you one thing, they billed for it, so I’m confident that it’s in the medical stack.

#174 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:01 AM

Cheers.
A

NLP, I read about that in Anthony Robbins books. I listened to the download, it didn't sound silly, but maybe that's because I was well read on the topic before I listened to it. Oh, don't think of the blue box Anthony, don't think of the blue box ;) .

#175 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hard to read this document, but here is a partial translation

Date 4/16/08
Life Extension Mix Cap 5 am 4 noon 5pm x (unable to read)
Pur Gar 800mg (unable to read)
Bone Restore 5cap am (unable to read)
Green tea 5am (unable to read)

Ultra Soy extract 5am 5 noon 5 pm (unable to read)
Vit C 1000mg 3am 3 noon 3pm (unable to read)
Mega Silymarian 1 daily (unable to read)

Dhea cap (unable to read) am
DL (unable to read)
Co Q10 (unable to read) pm
Super Curcumin 3am 3 noon 3 pm

L-Glutamine 2gm am (unable to read)

The bone restore was not to fight the cancer, it was to recalcify the areas of my leg where the cancer had eaten through to the bone. That was pretty painful. The Dhea likewise has no effect against cancer that I am aware of, but when your weak and your muscles are wasting, it helps a lot. Missminni says the res will give me muscles, but so far I have not noticed that but I am definitely noticing stamina in the area of energy and in a feeling of well being.

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 07 August 2008 - 04:37 AM.

#176 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

The bone restore was not to fight the cancer, it was to recalcify the areas of my leg where the cancer had eaten through to the bone. That was pretty painful. The Dhea likewise has no effect against cancer that I am aware of, but when your weak and your muscles are wasting, it helps a lot. Missminni says the res will give me muscles, but so far I have not noticed that but I am definitely noticing stamina in the area of energy and in a feeling of well being.

Let me explain. Minni was always a very muscular dog. When she started
having false pregnancies and such ( about 3 years of it) her hormones would go wacky and she would lose
muscle mass. She would alternately get better and worse through out the year of hormone surges and falls.
After her being spayed, which was in Feb of 2007, she stabilized and gained back some muscle, but not anything
like she used to be. Of course then she was 8 going on 9 and I just figured she was getting old. Then when
she got cancer a year after her hysterectomy, and I put her on resveratrol, the muscle tone came back in
no time...and she wasn't exercising or running or even walking that much. The most exercise she gets is up and
down the stairs a a few times a day and maybe chase a ball for 15 mintues. Her musculature is amazing and people comment on how fit and solid she is.
I will take pictures later and post them in the thread about her. I found with myself as well, taking resveratrol seems
to help improve muscle tone. Anybody else notice this?

#177 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Let me explain. Minni was always a very muscular dog. When she started
having false pregnancies and such ( about 3 years of it) her hormones would go wacky and she would lose
muscle mass. She would alternately get better and worse through out the year of hormone surges and falls.
After her being spayed, which was in Feb of 2007, she stabilized and gained back some muscle, but not anything
like she used to be. Of course then she was 8 going on 9 and I just figured she was getting old. Then when
she got cancer a year after her hysterectomy, and I put her on resveratrol, the muscle tone came back in
no time...and she wasn't exercising or running or even walking that much. The most exercise she gets is up and
down the stairs a a few times a day and maybe chase a ball for 15 mintues. Her musculature is amazing and people comment on how fit and solid she is.
I will take pictures later and post them in the thread about her. I found with myself as well, taking resveratrol seems
to help improve muscle tone. Anybody else notice this?

I'm sure I'm in the too early to tell column. Some effects like laxitive effect and extra energy are bound to be more readily apparent. Unlike minni at my healthiest I was never what could be remotely considered musclular.

#178 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

They did 2 biopsies, and I found a few promising documents that have 411 on them.

Yes this would be priceless for ppl wanting to help. The sooner you get us that info the better ;)

#179 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

They did 2 biopsies, and I found a few promising documents that have 411 on them.

Yes this would be priceless for ppl wanting to help. The sooner you get us that info the better ;)

Ah, this is the thread. I tried getting this 411 on last night in Missminni's thread I believe. I wasn't terribly successful. Let me go get the link and provide that for you. One of the docs was a CBC panel. I know that wasn’t what you were looking for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

Ah, this is the thread. I tried getting this 411 on last night in Missminni's thread I believe. I wasn't terribly successful. Let me go get the link and provide that for you. One of the docs was a CBC panel. I know that wasn’t what you were looking for.

Yeah, it was Missminni's thread
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=256403

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users