* * * * * 2 votes

Looking younger than real age

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#31 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

When I go to LA soon I'll have photos taken with a good digital SLR camera :)

Edited by Matt, 20 November 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#32 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I wouldnt say you are younger than 27, could be the hair. You seem to look much younger with short hair

#34 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

When I go to LA soon I'll have photos taken with a good digital SLR camera :)

Careful, a few days in LA can age you a couple of years....

#35 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Haha right, so I've aged 7-10 years in the last year? lol forget it... but yes I do look years younger with shorter hair and always have. Maybe it is that. lol. Anyway people in real life still think I am 20 and under in real life, so that is what's important right?. 27? that's crazy. Anyway yeah I'll be careful :p

Edited by Matt, 21 November 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#36 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

maybe it is just the photos or something. What do other people think? Well I just had someone an hour ago, in person, tell me they thought I was a teenager. so.... :) I guess I shouldn't worry so much about what people think over the internet.

I'm going to LA for 6 weeks .... it's december though so should be okay right?

Edited by Matt, 21 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#37 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

why do you even worry about that? are you a fashion model or what?

#38 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

it seems like being/looking younger is really on your mind. If it's such an obsession, it means there are underlying problems.

My advice would be: have a haircut. Men generally look better/ younger with shorter hair. Longer hair makes people think you don't care about yourself.
  • Good Point x 1

#39 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

There are no underlying problems. And my beautiful girlfriend loves long hair :) so I'm okay. thanks

#40 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm giving you my humble opinion and you try to defend yourself. I mean: there must be a reason why this is so important to you, most people of your age don't care about how old they look.
  • Good Point x 1

#41 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

As long as it doesn't get in the way of my life and I'm not obsessed about it. I don't spend hours worrying about it or hours with skin care every day, and I don't hide away in the house all day. I'd say it doesn't affect my life at all. Therefore it really isn't a problem that I want to stay young? is it? It just happens that I get told I look young practically every day.... =) I agree that shorter hair I look younger though... I always have and when I get my hair cut people tell me it knocks years off of me. Anyway it doesn't matter :)

#42 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

I wouldnt say you are younger than 27, could be the hair. You seem to look much younger with short hair

You actually think he looks at least 27?....might want to look again.

#43 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

27? lol... I woudn't agree at all.. 20 at most..

#44 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

well, narcisstic people won't realize they are narcissitic anyway (I'm not saying that Matt is narcisstic 'cause you can't judge people over the internet)

#45 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

I'm giving you my humble opinion and you try to defend yourself. I mean: there must be a reason why this is so important to you, most people of your age don't care about how old they look.

Stop purposefully overestimating. he may BE 27 but he certainly does not look it. You're just looking to bring other's down. Stop it.
  • dislike x 1

#46 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

most people of your age don't care about how old they look.

Every woman at that age definitely start looking at their wrinkles. :D

Men do too, even if they do not admit it. :)

Edited by Trip, 22 November 2011 - 03:51 AM.

#47 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Stop purposefully overestimating. he may BE 27 but he certainly does not look it. You're just looking to bring other's down. Stop it.

guessing a person's age is in the eye of the beholder. In my family many people look young for their age, so I tend to compare other people to them which means that I'll see a 30 yr old looking 22 as a 30 yr old.
I just gave someone my opinion, there's nothing like a standard look for a 27 yr old. I often see it that people try to guess someone's age. One person says: 35? The other one says: no way 45 a third person would say: no way, he's at least 50. You won't see people thinking a 90 yr old is still a student but sometimes you see a 35 yr old standing next to a 27 yr old and you think the 35 yr old is much younger.

I think it's okay to post pictures but you got to know, we all think differently. It's like rating a song or a movie. If you think or say: I look like a teenager and some others think: I'd say you're a bit older ( which does not mean OLD) then it's their humble opinion and not a fact.

#48 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

guessing a person's age is in the eye of the beholder. In my family many people look young for their age, so I tend to compare other people to them which means that I'll see a 30 yr old looking 22 as a 30 yr old.
I just gave someone my opinion, there's nothing like a standard look for a 27 yr old. I often see it that people try to guess someone's age. One person says: 35? The other one says: no way 45 a third person would say: no way, he's at least 50. You won't see people thinking a 90 yr old is still a student but sometimes you see a 35 yr old standing next to a 27 yr old and you think the 35 yr old is much younger.

I think it's okay to post pictures but you got to know, we all think differently. It's like rating a song or a movie. If you think or say: I look like a teenager and some others think: I'd say you're a bit older ( which does not mean OLD) then it's their humble opinion and not a fact.

But that's not the case here. the majority of us concur that matt looks WAY younger than his chronological age. When you're in the minority and you insist it is mere opinion and that 'we all think differently' you either have an agenda or you're purposefully overshooting and over-estimating your ability to guess someones age. It's like that one guy who HAS to disagree with pretty much everybody about Jared letos perceived age, saying that he looks much older than he really does. It's just to be a contrarian or to make people feel bad about themselves. And it fails on both accounts. I agree that in most cases, majority should not or could not decided what 'truth' is. But when it comes to something as simple as perceived age, there is no denying what most people see.

#49 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

My point is that if you post pictures you have to learn to deal with the fact that you'll hear different opinions. Even though the majority thinks differently. If I would post some pics and people think I'm older than I am, I'd just say: thanks! If 90 % of the people posting would say I look younger, I'd see that as an indicator that I might look younger.
It has nothing to do with having an agenda or something. But when people tell me: please, take a closer look at me, please tell me I look younger than I am, then it has nothing to do with asking someone's opinion.
  • Good Point x 1

#50 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

My point is that if you post pictures you have to learn to deal with the fact that you'll hear different opinions. Even though the majority thinks differently. If I would post some pics and people think I'm older than I am, I'd just say: thanks! If 90 % of the people posting would say I look younger, I'd see that as an indicator that I might look younger.
It has nothing to do with having an agenda or something. But when people tell me: please, take a closer look at me, please tell me I look younger than I am, then it has nothing to do with asking someone's opinion.

All he asked you to do was substantiate why you thought that he looked 27. And you never did substantiate it really.
  • dislike x 1

#51 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

There are no underlying problems. And my beautiful girlfriend loves long hair :) so I'm okay. thanks

*whistle blow*

Internet foul for validating yourself through stating that you have a beautiful girlfriend.

5 yard penalty, repeat of first down.

#52 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

But that's not the case here. the majority of us concur that matt looks WAY younger than his chronological age.

Who is the majority? I never though he looked younger than his age. He looks good -for- his age, but not younger.

I think we need to take a poll before concluding that a majority holds a certain opinion.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#53 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

TheFountain... Some people are just very bad at estimating peoples ages. It's nothing personal. The fact that 100% of people in real life believe I am 20 or under, says a lot more than what a few random people say on here. :) Right? Although I think it is silly to say I look 27. It's pointless arguing against it. you can use google images or think of many famous 27 year olds to see that the majority look like.

Edited by Matt, 22 November 2011 - 09:42 PM.

• like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#54 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

TheFountain... Some people are just very bad at estimating peoples ages.

Agreed. Especially for anyone that thinks you look under 20.

You do look really good for your age though... well given what I can see given the poor image quality.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#55 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

*whistle blow*

Internet foul for validating yourself through stating that you have a beautiful girlfriend.

5 yard penalty, repeat of first down.

You're such a complete fail...back the hell off already
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#56 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

TheFountain... Some people are just very bad at estimating peoples ages. It's nothing personal. The fact that 100% of people in real life believe I am 20 or under, says a lot more than what a few random people say on here. :) Right? Although I think it is silly to say I look 27. It's pointless arguing against it. you can use google images or think of many famous 27 year olds to see that the majority look like.

Or people could just use common sense and stop over-analyzing. Most people who look at you without over-analyzing you think you look at least a few years below your actual age. I've had the same thing. But people who over-analyze always over-shoot as well. It's almost like a disease that seeks to feed on our confidence or something. But it fails. Don't worry about it.
  • dislike x 1

#57 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

Matt can you post some closeups like the ones posted above that would actually show any wrinkles if you had any? Those pictures are quite fuzzy and would do a great job at hiding any signs of aging. Just sayin...

And not to burst your bubble but you look like you're in your mid twenties in those pictures. I'm sure you could look younger in real life but I would account that to your being so short and thin by your own account, I think you used the word 'gaunt' to describe yourself.
  • like x 1

#58 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Would be interesting to know where you live :-/ Dunno what you can see that makes people here think I'm in my mid twenties. I also gained 14 lbs in the last 18 months. It's just all my friends now are really matured fully grown men whereas people still see me as young and very 'boyish' still, idk... what, who are you comparing me to? o.O This is just a few months ago when my hair was a little shorter.

Posted Image

#59 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Here's a few people from this years BB in the uK http://totalbigbroth.../housemates.tbb with their ages. most are between 20-30

#60 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Matt can you post some closeups like the ones posted above that would actually show any wrinkles if you had any? Those pictures are quite fuzzy and would do a great job at hiding any signs of aging. Just sayin...

And not to burst your bubble but you look like you're in your mid twenties in those pictures. I'm sure you could look younger in real life but I would account that to your being so short and thin by your own account, I think you used the word 'gaunt' to describe yourself.

^^^ Another self important age determiner.

I am beginning to think that people on this site live in a completely different reality than everyone else. And it's sad, because it's not even a good reality.

But don't worry matt, they've done it to me, violett and a few other's as well, whereas all of us experience the opposite of this phenomenon in real life (that is, people assuming we are many years younger than our chronological age). I don't think it takes a genius to see that there is either an agenda or an over-analysis or a little bit of both. Because anyone who is of the 'opinion' that matt looks a day over 20 is just completely out of touch with reality.

I bet I could come up with a gazillion reasons why x looks y years old, just to fill the need to be a contrarion....
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users