Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Looking younger than real age

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

There are no underlying problems. And my beautiful girlfriend loves long hair :) so I'm okay. thanks

*whistle blow*

Internet foul for validating yourself through stating that you have a beautiful girlfriend.

5 yard penalty, repeat of first down.

You're such a complete fail...back the hell off already

Stop being so up tight

#62 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

^^^^^^^^
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by mikeinnaples.

:-D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

^^^^^^^^
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by mikeinnaples.

:-D

Since you can dish it, but certainlly can't take it ....All I have to say it is about time you learned to use that function.

#64 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

If people would post pics and ask: what can I do to improve my appearance, then it's fine. But posting pics, saying I look younger than 20 and wanting people to confirm that, sounds more like narcism to me.
Instead of judging anyone and regardless of the that he looks 20 or 30, I'd rather ask the question: why is it so important that some people want to look younger at a very young age? Could have many reasons: a person in my neighbourhood is 47, looks much younger and he think it's important because he's got his first child at 43 and want to stay young and healthy to see his child grow up.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#65 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

If people would post pics and ask: what can I do to improve my appearance, then it's fine. But posting pics, saying I look younger than 20 and wanting people to confirm that, sounds more like narcism to me.
Instead of judging anyone and regardless of the that he looks 20 or 30, I'd rather ask the question: why is it so important that some people want to look younger at a very young age? Could have many reasons: a person in my neighbourhood is 47, looks much younger and he think it's important because he's got his first child at 43 and want to stay young and healthy to see his child grow up.

Two words. Escape velocity.

#66 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Two words. Escape velocity.

Oh yes, because looking younger is the same as being biologically younger. *sigh*

Edited by mikeinnaples, 23 November 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#67 idquest

• 56 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

People generally look good if they don't drink alcohole, smoke, use rec drugs, and if they live in area without major pollutants (like industrial areas). I'm not sure a diet would play any significant role in somebody's look.

#68 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

People generally look good if they don't drink alcohole, smoke, use rec drugs, and if they live in area without major pollutants (like industrial areas). I'm not sure a diet would play any significant role in somebody's look.

Exactly, you're not sure.
  • dislike x 1

#69 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

You seem to have forgotten sunshine which ages the skin dramatically in some folks. You really know it when you meet someone from Arizona if you come from say Seattle.

#70 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

Exactly, you're not sure.

lol He sure told you idquest!

Can you imagine what it's like to be around TheFountain in real life?

Oh I kid, I kid... I'm sure he's a lovely boy.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#71 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Excellent post!
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#72 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thank you! People mostly think I'm in my early 20's and I'm going on 30. Some say 20 but I've also heard 26/27. Of course, I'd rather hear 20 but when someone would say 30, I'm not going to reply and say: take a close look at me, I look really young.
As I said, there's no standard program to estimate one's age. When people have been in touch with lots of very young looking 30 yr olds, they'll see 30 as very young. When they've seen many older looking 30 yr olds, they will rather think a young looking 30 yr old is in his early 20's. IMHO
  • dislike x 2

#73 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thank you! People mostly think I'm in my early 20's and I'm going on 30. Some say 20 but I've also heard 26/27. Of course, I'd rather hear 20 but when someone would say 30, I'm not going to reply and say: take a close look at me, I look really young.
As I said, there's no standard program to estimate one's age. When people have been in touch with lots of very young looking 30 yr olds, they'll see 30 as very young. When they've seen many older looking 30 yr olds, they will rather think a young looking 30 yr old is in his early 20's. IMHO

If most people assume you are in your early 20s than it is perfectly reasonable to see how most people assume matt is in his mid-late teens, since he looks a few years younger than you do. What the minority thinks doesn't matter. It's not a game show. It's life.
  • dislike x 2

#74 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

If most people assume you are in your early 20s than it is perfectly reasonable to see how most people assume matt is in his mid-late teens, since he looks a few years younger than you do. What the minority thinks doesn't matter. It's not a game show. It's life.

This thread is fun!

I've always though Matt looked like late teens early twenties and I agree with Fountain that some people tend to overshoot and overthink things a bit. I myself have posted a photo in one of these "guess my age threads cause people tell me I look younger than x" and among younger guesses I got some nasty estimates placing my age 4 years older than I am. I'll be the first to admit I do care very much about how young I look and aside from escape velocity my reason is I;m trying to stay afloat in a youth-centered acting and music business and besides, I'm sort of an admirer of beautiful things and youth is beautiful, saggy jowls and wrinkles arent.

Also, since skin is almost always the first to show one;s overall health condition, looking young actually relates to being younger biologically.

I was complaining about my sagging face from weightloss just recently so went to a dermatologist. I went in and asked her about various lifting/injection procedures and she looks at me like I'm from the moon - "Are you asking for your mom?" "No, for myself" "Oh I'm so sick of barely 20 year old kids coming here wanting to get botox." I told her I was 28 and she only believed me when I showed her my Id. Didnt want to do any procedures. It's not like with buying alcohol and geting asked for Id - she;d actually earn money if she told me i do look older, but didn;t. So bam, real life evidence again :P

Still, I see changes in my face from when I was actually 19 (looked 16) so like Stefanovic said, if someone wanted to look a certain age for a long time (and lets not judge them for that, please) and posted pics of themselves asking people if they see any feature that might make him look older than he wants to be perceived as, it could be useful, as long as the people were honest and not nasty or just making fun of it.

Edited by ViolettVol, 27 November 2011 - 05:30 PM.

• like x 2

#75 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

I was complaining about my sagging face from weightloss just recently so went to a dermatologist. I went in and asked her about various lifting/injection procedures and she looks at me like I'm from the moon - "Are you asking for your mom?" "No, for myself" "Oh I'm so sick of barely 20 year old kids coming here wanting to get botox." I told her I was 28 and she only believed me when I showed her my Id. Didnt want to do any procedures. It's not like with buying alcohol and geting asked for Id - she;d actually earn money if she told me i do look older, but didn;t. So bam, real life evidence again :P

So I guess there goes my chance of getting a Retin-A prescription anytime soon

#76 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

We all want to stay/look/feel and BE young here, so just stop questioning any reasons of why anyone would liek to look young. Looking young is great for many many reasons.. If it wouldn't be - it wouldn't be such an "in demand" trait so to say.

#77 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Ok, So I've decided to run a little experiment at my own expense. I have two pictures here, six years apart - one of them is from my firneds house, one from a holiday, On one of them I'm 22, on the other 28. Guess which is which. Sequence of posting/describing is meant to confuse, so just consider pics themselves. You can also say how old you think I look regardless of the ages I gave you - of course, some will say I look 37 on one or 40 on the other, whatever, which I anticipate will happen, but if you can, be serious and let me know:) Sorry for not being a very prutteh gal...
Pic no 1:
Posted Image

Pic no. 2:
Posted Image

#78 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

The one on holiday should be 22.

Anyway, not much difference between those 2; I'd say mid 20's.

#79 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

The one on holiday should be 22.

Anyway, not much difference between those 2; I'd say mid 20's.

Thanks for the "no difference" - in your view I have not changed that much in the past 6 years. But after you say both are mid -20s, hm I though 22 was early 20s lol;)
Anyhoo wont tell if you guessed right yet, let a few others have a go (to kill my e-go :P )

#80 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

If you would have said the 1st picture was taken after the 2nd one, I would have believed you. See no difference to be honest

#81 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Which one is a better look? An unattractive 20 year old or an attractive 40 year old? :)
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#82 idquest

• 56 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Which one is a better look? An unattractive 20 year old or an attractive 40 year old? :)

I downvoted this post as I think it is inappropriate for the context.
  • dislike x 1

#83 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Then theres always the Fill light approach, just have a microrobot fly around near you with an optical diffuser to create soft lighting wherever you are

one of those 24.99 helicopters regeared to make only pentatonic tones would sound fairly pleasant while always placing people at a pleasant light

I appreciate hearing about DECA

actually it occurs to me that they could create a database of women that had successful pregnancies during their sixties (there are some) then see if their earlier photographs make them look particularly young. Those persons might have youthful looks as a general indicator of verified physiologic advantage

#84 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

rotfl the messages are getting weirder and weirder :P

#85 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

If you would have said the 1st picture was taken after the 2nd one, I would have believed you. See no difference to be honest

lol, i dont know if thats good or bad - what age would you estimate both ?

#86 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

I know a few girls that were born in 1990 and I'd say you look like you have their age. I'd say very early 20's.
  • dislike x 1

#87 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

You seem to have forgotten sunshine which ages the skin dramatically in some folks. You really know it when you meet someone from Arizona if you come from say Seattle.

I find this claim interesting. Does anyone else agree?

The one thing is that people in Arizona are also older on average too, and old people generally hate to give out their ages, so you're left guessing at them.

#88 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Sun really ages skin dramatically. Avoiding sunshine is by far the most important thing you can do to slow down skin aging.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Photoaging

#89 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

The one thing is that people in Arizona are also older on average too, and old people generally hate to give out their ages, so you're left guessing at them.

When I was at the CR conference last year in Las Vegas, I was able to see people from all over the world with a wide range of ages. Most people were willing to tell me their ages. I found that the people from Arizona, Texas and California etc all had skin that was much older looking than people from the more northern states. Someone in their early 50's from Arizona looks much older in the skin than someone in their early 50's from New York.
There are, of course, individual differences too between people who take care of their skin and those who haven't done so.

Bernando Lapollo, 110 years old has great looking skin for his age. His secret is rubbing olive oil into it every day.
Look at 15 minutes. He's 108 in this video.

Edited by scottknl, 18 January 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#90 ladybuggsy

• 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

I clicked on the link from the original post and there are no pictures there!! :sad:

Anyway I find this interesting, to the girl who posted 2 pictures, i see little difference I say you look around 25 in both pictures. To Matt, you also look around 25/26.

Now I am curious so I am going to post 4 pictures of myself, taken at different times and different ages. I would love for you guys to say how old you think I am on each. The reason for this is the "weight" idea. I have been different weights and I have my own oppinion I am 5ft 3 and I will give only weight in the pics and tell you nothing more about myself..plz guess my age so here goes:

Pic 1: 132lb
Pic 2: 154 lb
Pic 3: 126 lb
Pic 4: 130lb

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users