• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#2431 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

While Jared Leto certainly has some feminine features, and lack of a prominent brow ridge, I really doubt he was born female lol.

Jared Leto has stated what he does to look young... Vegan diet, eating healthily, protect his skin from sun, yoga, hidking, not smoking, not drinking... all sensible stuff. :)

When I get my Nikon DSLR soon I will upload some new pictures. :) I just turned 33 years old and someone I met recently thought I was 20. :p

Better get that Nikon soon. I’m curious.

Can you give a rundown on your regimens? What do you think helped you the most?

Skincare is quite basic right now. I just updated it the other day.

Since my sister doesn't do a lot of the stuff I do, but still people think she is in her early 20s to mid 20s, (she's 31), I think genetics are probably a factor. It'll be more interesting to see how we diverge in the next 10 years because she looks pretty similar. 

I have a small frame, I'm just 5ft 7" and maintained a low BMI with calorie restriction since I was 18. That's around 15 years of severe to moderate calorie restriction. Ten years vegetarian / vegan.

I've also used skincare products since I was 16 years old, and started using Skinceuticals about 8 years ago. I also protect my skin from the sun, and am a bit of a night owl. So I go out mostly in the mornings and evenings.

My supplement regimen is quite simple.  

Zinc picolinate 50 mg

Licorice root extract
Spearmint leaf extract

Allicn Max 2-4

Methylcobalamin B12 

Vitamin D3 2000 IU

Magnesium Citrate (half tea spoon)

Healthy Origins Probiotics (take these on and off)

1.25 mg Finasteride

My dad went bald, so did my grandfather... and although my hair was still normal and thick compared to most, I was pretty sure it was getting a little thinner and I wasn't taking any chances. After taking finasteride my hair has become really thick and is still regrowing hair near the front. 

I want to just wait until I get my new camera to take new pictures to update on this post

You can see how skinny I am from those photos. The bottom photos were taken one year ago, a few days after I started finasteride. I don't know if it affects my skin, but my skin feels very smooth and soft.

Edited by Matt, 05 November 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#2432 ZuoCi

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

One area that a ton of people overlook is UVA rays penetrating glass. Most people don't have UVA protection in their car, or office. And they assume that they are not being exposed to sun damage in those environments. But while glass rejects all UVB rays so you'll never get a tan, it barely reflects any UVA rays.

A man who drove trucks with only one side of his face exposed to the sun through glass for over thirty years

gogoweb-web.jpg

VaZ6L.jpg

• Informative x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2433 YOLF

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Tinted windows should be mandatory...

• Good Point x 1

#2434 YOLF

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

I'd like to up the ante for people posting their age pics.

This camera is about as brutal as I've seen, it's a Depstech/teslong endoscope for seeing  very small details in very low light. I propose that it becomes the home "proof" camera for the internet. In person, these details are virtually indistinguishable, and with my current regimen disappearing fast. What you're looking at are the wrinkles and skin damage above my left eye brow (worse one). Using this camera takes a short setup and about 3 minutes of fuss, but I'll try to provide some regular pictures and will explain at some point how I'm making the magic happen. This will start aging at the normal rate when I stop my rejuvenation regimen, but it's not dependent on any temporary cosmetics for the improvements that you'll see, else I will specify that the pic includes the effects of something temporary. Though I do take pregnenolone daily.

Attached File  BrowWrinkles001.jpg   84.08KB   3 downloads

Edited by YOLF, 06 November 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#2435 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

While extremely high resolution and details pictures are great for spotting skin changes... many things are not even noticeable with normal vision a few feet away. Cameras these days can be brutal and pick up every little scratch, scrape, bump, blemish and hair follicle. The closer you magnify into the skin, the uglier it probably looks. 

But what does it matter? The age others perceive you as in real life is what matters. Apart from guessing the outliers ages, most people are decent at guessing ages. 

If I go an inch away from the mirror I can see a fine line or two under my eyes from when I used to squint a lot outside. They haven't gotten any worse in 10 or so years, but it's obvious when i plant my face against the mirror. I don't have any lines or anything anywhere else though :p  But I recently added these eye creams to see what they'll do. I guess now would be a good time to actually take a high resolution photo and show before and after skinceuticals eye creams... :)

Edited by Matt, 06 November 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#2436 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

his diet does jackshit for youth as far as face.   You can be thinner and it doesn't make a difference with the face.    He is now getting older and trust me,   without  botox laser fillers and a well done lift plus a few other tricks for the wealthy and famously photographed,   you will see.    Ultherapy I am still not sold on,  although they are still marketing the hell out of it.    I think it's basically an overpriced paperweight at this point.

#2437 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:43 AM

While Jared Leto certainly has some feminine features, and lack of a prominent brow ridge, I really doubt he was born female lol.

Jared Leto has stated what he does to look young... Vegan diet, eating healthily, protect his skin from sun, yoga, hidking, not smoking, not drinking... all sensible stuff. :)

When I get my Nikon DSLR soon I will upload some new pictures. :) I just turned 33 years old and someone I met recently thought I was 20. :p

Since my sister doesn't do a lot of the stuff I do, but still people think she is in her early 20s to mid 20s, (she's 31), I think genetics are probably a factor. It'll be more interesting to see how we diverge in the next 10 years because she looks pretty similar.

I have a small frame, I'm just 5ft 7" and maintained a low BMI with calorie restriction since I was 18. That's around 15 years of severe to moderate calorie restriction. Ten years vegetarian / vegan.

I've also used skincare products since I was 16 years old, and started using Skinceuticals about 8 years ago. I also protect my skin from the sun, and am a bit of a night owl. So I go out mostly in the mornings and evenings.

Zinc picolinate 50 mg
Licorice root extract
Spearmint leaf extract
Allicn Max 2-4
Methylcobalamin B12
Vitamin D3 2000 IU
1.25 mg Finasteride

My dad went bald, so did my grandfather... and although my hair was still normal and thick compared to most, I was pretty sure it was getting a little thinner and I wasn't taking any chances. After taking finasteride my hair has become really thick and is still regrowing hair near the front.

I want to just wait until I get my new camera to take new pictures to update on this post

You can see how skinny I am from those photos. The bottom photos were taken one year ago, a few days after I started finasteride. I don't know if it affects my skin, but my skin feels very smooth and soft.
That really is quite a simple regimen by Longecity standard. Aren’t you adding those NR, resveratrol, telomerase things to try to reduce overall aging?

What about your external skincare?

And, what do you think about switching your zinc for a L-Optizinc? Apparently better absorbed and remains longer in plasma.
http://www.interheal...nds/l-optizinc/

#2438 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

If you're talking about calorie restriction, then yes, it slows, but does not reverse aging, at least not quickly. For now, it'll keep you younger in the future if we don't get far with other technologies, though I'm expecting that higher calorie diets will be in order during age reversal as we're going to want to feed cellular turnover rates,

#2439 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

Zinc picolinate 50 mg
Licorice root extract
Spearmint leaf extract
Allicn Max 2-4
Methylcobalamin B12
Vitamin D3 2000 IU
1.25 mg Finasteride

That really is quite a simple regimen by Longecity standard. Aren’t you adding those NR, resveratrol, telomerase things to try to reduce overall aging?

What about your external skincare?

And, what do you think about switching your zinc for a L-Optizinc? Apparently better absorbed and remains longer in plasma.
http://www.interheal...nds/l-optizinc/

The garlic extract (the allicin one), is likely a telomerase activator, though not as strong or as expensive as some others, for long term prevention of aging, it's probably going to be very effective as Matt has been very healthy and taken excellent care of himself. The resveratrol stuff only mimics calorie restriction and is won't likely approach the efficacy of it. DHT inhibition such as by finasteride is also going to prevent the face from aging structurally. I've been thinking I might start taking it. I've lost a little bit of hair and the supplements for DHT inhibition don't seem to work as well as the drug. This regimen looks very efficient for this particular person.

#2440 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:54 AM

Oh, and if the garlic extract increases T as some do, then it'll compensate for the loss of T from calorie restriction to some extent.

#2441 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

I used to take a lot more supplements than I do now. I'm looking into NR at the moment....  I've only just come back on this forum and I've a lot to catch up on. :) Really, I'm a little behind on this stuff as I was focusing elsewhere for a while.

Skincare is all mentioned in the link. But if you never went to it, it's just the following: 

Skinceuticals CE+Ferulic (winter) 

Skinceuticals CF+Phloretin (summer)

Skinceuticals Eye Balm 

Skinceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex (just got this recently)
I use a sunsreen by SC too

I was also using Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector for a few years, but I stopped using that earlier this year as one of my skin issues is related to PIE not PIH. Takes time to go away or there is laser... It's kind of expensive, so I'm just waiting a while. It's not even that bad anyway...

I avoid the sun almost all year and go out in the early morning and evenings mainly. And I work from home :)

Reason for supplementing Zinc

I developed acne again and the breakouts were constant and nothing worked. I also developed athletes foot for the first time ever. I got sick 3 times in a row early 2017, and then my eardrum burst. It was a large perforation, lost most of my hearing, but somehow it healed by itself quite fast - which was unusual for the size of the tear. Doctor thought I'd need surgery. A bunch of other weird stuff started to happen. And then I eventually figured it out. :S  Yeah I take care of myself, but I still make mistakes :p

Acne almost completely stopped and started to heal after taking Zinc Picolinate. Adding vitamin D3 @ 2000 IU back into my supplement regimen resolved the problem completely. I also don't get any spots when shaving anymore either. My skin is the best it's been in years... I don't know if this is because of the zinc or the other stuff I take. My skin is incredibly smooth and soft. And I've not been sick at all since taking zinc...  I wonder how long I was deficient for!?

CR

Well, I've been doing CR for 15 years (18 years old to 33) and I'll continue it for as long as I need to. The difference between my friends and me is already quite shocking. They look old compared to me... but I guess that could be exaggerated because of years of abuse to their body (drink, partying, late nights, lack of sleep, poor diet etc..).  I only have one friend who also has a very low BMI who also looks young.

I am starting to worry slightly that life extension therapies won't be available in time and/or they'll be too expensive. I feel I really need to get involved somehow in life extension advocacy. And also just get rich and donating a crap load of money to SENS lol. I'm surprised it's taking so long to achieve the fundraising goals for things like www.sensproject21.org  ;/

Allicin

I think the allicin is a strong activator of nrf-2. I use it primarily to prevent infections. I discovered a particular supplement from a friend on here a long time ago... If anyone follows my blog/site you'll know that I used to suffer from frequent UTI's growing up. I've not had one since taking allicin. Maybe it's a coincidence, but there's some decent in vivo evidence that it's helpful for preventing infections and treating them in animals at least :)  

I also take beta glucan on and off. 

The effect of garlic on testosterone in animals is mixed from what I remember. I've done a bit of research on this, but it's been a while. The spearmint and licorice lower testosterone, so it's not something I'd recommend to most guys. As for finasteride... so many people I spoke to before I took it were paranoid about side effects and told me not to take it... I can't say I've noticed much at all except more hair :D 

Those I know who tried all "natural" to try to prevent hair loss all have one thing in common: they lost almost all of their hair. 

I think that supplements have some power to slow or delay the process... but it's a losing battle against DHT if you're sensitive to it. 

Edited by Matt, 07 November 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#2442 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

My opinion has been changing somewhat, not long ago I was pretty sure I'd need cryonics. Now I feel like we can significantly reverse aging, assuming that a handful of drugs become readily available as research chemicals. I'm not saying it'll be perfect, but I think we can reverse alot of different areas of aging assuming we don't kill ourselves doing it. What I'm more skeptical about is pharmaceutical interventions... Have you ever tried to get something off label or for preventative reasons? You probably won't get it... it doesn't pay to treat people before they get a disease... That's what I'm worried about and why I want to see this stuff available the way nootropics and such are available. I definitely hope we don't have any regulatory barriers either. What if we could cure aging, but we didn't give people the drugs to do it until it couldn't save them anymore?

Though, I did just find out about the SENS Project 21. It looks promising, I hope it works and I wish I had the money to fund it too. But I'm not ready to assume that everyone else is going to succeed either. I think I've seen evidence of people sabotaging other people's work and/or underestimating it. It took 1000 tries to make the first light bulb, but it was a combination of successful components. There are orphan drugs which could be made to work if given in the right combination in my opinion. I've been wondering how far I could go with getting it funding seeing as I'm self taught and don't have a PhD in anything... nor am I sure I want to wait that long for a credential just to get started. Maybe it won't be that way, but maybe it will, it's alot to risk.

#2443 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

I agree with both of you.
Let’s survive till the point when progress is able to definitively increase lifespan. Once we’re on that wagon, we’d be good.

I think we should create a nonprofit and crowdsource the funds. We can then pass the donations through to scientists who need them via project funding or advocacy programs.

#2444 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

I've got more capitalist ideas. Crowd sourcing can be complicated for large products. The strategy needs to be bigger than this unless you have backing from someone else.

#2445 twinkly

• 73 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

I used to take a lot more supplements than I do now. I'm looking into NR at the moment.... I've only just come back on this forum and I've a lot to catch up on. :) Really, I'm a little behind on this stuff as I was focusing elsewhere for a while.

Skincare is all mentioned in the link. But if you never went to it, it's just the following:

Skinceuticals CE+Ferulic (winter)
Skinceuticals CF+Phloretin (summer)
Skinceuticals Eye Balm
Skinceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex (just got this recently)
I use a sunsreen by SC too

I was also using Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector for a few years, but I stopped using that earlier this year as one of my skin issues is related to PIE not PIH. Takes time to go away or there is laser... It's kind of expensive, so I'm just waiting a while. It's not even that bad anyway...

I avoid the sun almost all year and go out in the early morning and evenings mainly. And I work from home :)

Reason for supplementing Zinc

I developed acne again and the breakouts were constant and nothing worked. I also developed athletes foot for the first time ever. I got sick 3 times in a row early 2017, and then my eardrum burst. It was a large perforation, lost most of my hearing, but somehow it healed by itself quite fast - which was unusual for the size of the tear. Doctor thought I'd need surgery. A bunch of other weird stuff started to happen. And then I eventually figured it out. :S Yeah I take care of myself, but I still make mistakes :p

Acne almost completely stopped and started to heal after taking Zinc Picolinate. Adding vitamin D3 @ 2000 IU back into my supplement regimen resolved the problem completely. I also don't get any spots when shaving anymore either. My skin is the best it's been in years... I don't know if this is because of the zinc or the other stuff I take. My skin is incredibly smooth and soft. And I've not been sick at all since taking zinc... I wonder how long I was deficient for!?

CR

Well, I've been doing CR for 15 years (18 years old to 33) and I'll continue it for as long as I need to. The difference between my friends and me is already quite shocking. They look old compared to me... but I guess that could be exaggerated because of years of abuse to their body (drink, partying, late nights, lack of sleep, poor diet etc..). I only have one friend who also has a very low BMI who also looks young.

I am starting to worry slightly that life extension therapies won't be available in time and/or they'll be too expensive. I feel I really need to get involved somehow in life extension advocacy. And also just get rich and donating a crap load of money to SENS lol. I'm surprised it's taking so long to achieve the fundraising goals for things like www.sensproject21.org ;/

Allicin
I think the allicin is a strong activator of nrf-2. I use it primarily to prevent infections. I discovered a particular supplement from a friend on here a long time ago... If anyone follows my blog/site you'll know that I used to suffer from frequent UTI's growing up. I've not had one since taking allicin. Maybe it's a coincidence, but there's some decent in vivo evidence that it's helpful for preventing infections and treating them in animals at least :)

I also take beta glucan on and off.

The effect of garlic on testosterone in animals is mixed from what I remember. I've done a bit of research on this, but it's been a while. The spearmint and licorice lower testosterone, so it's not something I'd recommend to most guys. As for finasteride... so many people I spoke to before I took it were paranoid about side effects and told me not to take it... I can't say I've noticed much at all except more hair :D

Those I know who tried all "natural" to try to prevent hair loss all have one thing in common: they lost almost all of their hair.

I think that supplements have some power to slow or delay the process... but it's a losing battle against DHT if you're sensitive to it.

I've long had internal passionate debates with myself whether or not I should start taking finasteride even if I have no noticeable signs of hair loss at 29 just to ward off the panic I have. My greatest fear stopping me from taking it is all the reports, rare as they may be, of men complaining about the emergence of gynecomastia.

In your case, though, is it a matter of having to take it indefinitely at a lower dose (between 1-1,25 mg)?

#2446 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Gynecomastia is something that doesn't just "appear" though. You'll likely get certain signs like sensitive nipples and changes in fat around the chest area. Buds don't just start off massive, they grow gradually, and can regress if you withdraw the medication early. Of course, if you already have a lot of fat around the area, it might be more difficult to detect at the earlier stages.  But yah, as you probably know, the chances of this even happening is very low. It's more of a concern for someone blocking both 5aR type 1 and 2 with Dutasteride.

I'm not here to convince anyone take it. :p I don't want the blame if you happen to be that one unfortunate person. I know it can happen because I've had a rare reaction before, but it was with an antibiotic years ago.

Yes, I'll take it for as long as needed. I was really surprised how thick my hair got after I started taking it!  And if you saw my pictures, it's not like I had any kind of obvious hair loss either. Well, aside from slight recession on the left side of my head.. but it was minor and has mostly filled in. 

I've taken 2.5 mg with no symptoms as well, although from doing some research, it seems that there is little increase in efficacy at a higher dose when using finasteride. I suppose you could even lower than 1.25 mg. I cut up a 5 mg finasteride pill into 4.

Edited by Matt, 08 November 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#2447 twinkly

• 73 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

Gynecomastia is something that doesn't just "appear" though. You'll likely get certain signs like sensitive nipples and changes in fat around the chest area. Buds don't just start off massive, they grow gradually, and can regress if you withdraw the medication early. Of course, if you already have a lot of fat around the area, it might be more difficult to detect at the earlier stages. But yah, as you probably know, the chances of this even happening is very low. It's more of a concern for someone blocking both 5aR type 1 and 2 with Dutasteride.

I'm not here to convince anyone take it. :p I don't want the blame if you happen to be that one unfortunate person. I know it can happen because I've had a rare reaction before, but it was with an antibiotic years ago.

Yes, I'll take it for as long as needed. I was really surprised how thick my hair got after I started taking it! And if you saw my pictures, it's not like I had any kind of obvious hair loss either. Well, aside from slight recession on the left side of my head.. but it was minor and has mostly filled in.

I've taken 2.5 mg with no symptoms as well, although from doing some research, it seems that there is little increase in efficacy at a higher dose when using finasteride. I suppose you could even lower than 1.25 mg. I cut up a 5 mg finasteride pill into 4.

Guess it would be a good idea to start with less than 1 mg at the outset before settling on 1 mg-1,25 a day for longterm use. Perhaps when I reach my thirties as I, too, wouldn't want to take any chances. May I ask if you get this online or acquire it through official means, in which case did you have to consult with a professional to address any underlying concerns?

#2448 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

I asked my doctor for it, but he declined and said the NHS can't really afford to be giving out propecia (finasteride) because it was expensive. I said i'd buy it online then, and he said that was fine. :)  So I went ahead and used the site I normally buy from (on and off) since 2005:  QHI

#2449 YOLF

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Mind sharing what excipients are in the tablet/capsule? These sites don't always say and it's more important than you think.

Edited by YOLF, 09 November 2017 - 12:58 AM.

#2450 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

I don't have the leaflet right now, but here's what's on the box :)  The Proscar comes from Madrid.

Works great. My hair in a pony tail feels almost twice as dense/thick as it was over a year ago. Still getting improvements I think.

What I noticed is my hair would shed, and then come back stronger each time.

Attached Files

#2451 twinkly

• 73 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:57 AM

I don't have the leaflet right now, but here's what's on the box :) The Proscar comes from Madrid.

Works great. My hair in a pony tail feels almost twice as dense/thick as it was over a year ago. Still getting improvements I think.
What I noticed is my hair would shed, and then come back stronger each time.

I assume this was ordered from QHi? There's both Finasteride and Proscar on the site, both of which lead to the exact same page. Suppose they're one and the same on their site in terms of the actual product? Just making sure I get it right in the event of an order.

Thank you for the detailed responses, btw!

#2452 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, it's the same thing. I get it from QHi :)

#2453 twinkly

• 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thank you, Matt.

You've advised vegans to take b12 in sublingual form, of the methyl cobalamin kind, in your past blog posts. For the longest time I've been getting b12 through a specially made multivitamin made for vegans where the b12 is cynaocobalamin. I think I'm better of getting my b12 separately and supplement with other vitamins as needed. However, there are just too many options to choose from. May I ask what brand you use?

#2454 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

One area that a ton of people overlook is UVA rays penetrating glass. Most people don't have UVA protection in their car, or office. And they assume that they are not being exposed to sun damage in those environments. But while glass rejects all UVB rays so you'll never get a tan, it barely reflects any UVA rays.

This is correct. Though both UV-B and UV-A radiation can cause skin cancer and sunburns, UV-A does not affect vitamin D production and seems to be superior in its ability to cause skin cancer and damage to skin. UV-A is also psychoactive (opioidergic). You need a little bit of both UV-A and UV-B to feel the summer weather, UV-B is not sufficient.

#2455 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Thank you, Matt.

You've advised vegans to take b12 in sublingual form, of the methyl cobalamin kind, in your past blog posts. For the longest time I've been getting b12 through a specially made multivitamin made for vegans where the b12 is cynaocobalamin. I think I'm better of getting my b12 separately and supplement with other vitamins as needed. However, there are just too many options to choose from. May I ask what brand you use?

Oh, I thought I had linked to it on my blog. I'm using Solgar Sublingual methylcoblamin supplement. :)

Most supplements i use Now Foods. It used to be AOR until they seemed to just disappear.

#2456 YOLF

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

Thank you, Matt.

Unless you're old or deficient, I think cyanocobalamin is fine. After sorting out my food allergies, I get no benefit whatsoever from MB12, but can still get extra energy from the standard B12.

#2457 Y4EVA

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

Please guys wutever u do please DO NOT!! take finesteride, no fear mongering i was just one of the unlucky ones it ruins (some) lives.If i can warn or stop one person from taking this poision u can thank me later.Finesteride is like using a jack hammer to hit a nail.Should of never been approved for hair loss just big pharma trying to get healthy people to take there drugs.DHT is too much involved in all parts of your body from T production to your neurotransmitters regulation so i would not recommend inhibiting it or 5ar.I took this poison for 6 month and never been the same since and its been 8yrs had very bad mental sides and some sexual sides also but the most brutal are the mental sides which are not really talked about much.Its a big gamble for vanity beleive me i wish i woulda known the full risks involved and are not worth it becareful guys peace..

#2458 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

I get what you're saying, and I'm sure that many people around here know the risks of taking Finasteride.

I can also understand why you feel the way you do because I had a really bad reaction to ciprofloxacin a long time ago, which took a really long time to recover from. That being said, even though I warned my mum, my uncle and others not to take it, they did anyway. And pretty much everyone I know who took cipro has been fine. But Cipro was not fine for me, it messed up my tendons and caused lots of other bad stuff.

For me, Finasteride has been completely fine. I've not had any kind of mental effects or other side effects from taking it every day. I've taken up to 2.5 mg per day with no side effects.

I wonder what are the mechanisms by which the symptoms are persistent for some people? Also, it doesn't completely block DHT, because that's still created by 5a-reductase type 1. I think it lowers serum DHT by 70%. Also, when we are young, we have very little if any DHT but we're fine.

Edited by Matt, 18 November 2017 - 05:50 AM.

#2459 Y4EVA

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:43 PM

I get what you're saying, and I'm sure that many people around here know the risks of taking Finasteride.

I can also understand why you feel the way you do because I had a really bad reaction to ciprofloxacin a long time ago, which took a really long time to recover from. That being said, even though I warned my mum, my uncle and others not to take it, they did anyway. And pretty much everyone I know who took cipro has been fine. But Cipro was not fine for me, it messed up my tendons and caused lots of other bad stuff.

For me, Finasteride has been completely fine. I've not had any kind of mental effects or other side effects from taking it every day. I've taken up to 2.5 mg per day with no side effects.

I wonder what are the mechanisms by which the symptoms are persistent for some people? Also, it doesn't completely block DHT, because that's still created by 5a-reductase type 1. I think it lowers serum DHT by 70%. Also, when we are young, we have very little if any DHT but we're fine.

Yea i wish i knew also maybe its because i was taking it on and off then suddenly stopped taking it my body never got used to it seems people who dont stick to it for long get sides but who knows still not worth it imho.Anyways thers far safer things then fin that inhibit 5ar like saw palametto and axstanathan which im sure u guys know already also heard its safer to use a topical fin solution which bypasses the sides they say but these could be risky also.I just seen way to much evidence by researching med files and info on this site that 5ar and dht is not something you want to inhibit.I never had no health issues until after taking propecia..

Edited by Y4EVA, 19 November 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#2460 bis

• 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

hi 

each year I come. news for me.

45 years since august 2016.

Attached Files

Edited by bis, 30 November 2017 - 01:41 PM.

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users