LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Modafinil daily dose

modafinil

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Modafinil daily dose (255 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Modafinil dose

1. 25mg-50mg daily (lasting an entire day, above 10 hours) (41 votes [14.96%])

Percentage of vote: 14.96%

2. 100mg daily (57 votes [20.80%])

Percentage of vote: 20.80%

3. 200mg daily (50 votes [18.25%])

Percentage of vote: 18.25%

4. 300mg daily (8 votes [2.92%])

Percentage of vote: 2.92%

5. 400mg daily (11 votes [4.01%])

Percentage of vote: 4.01%

6. 500mg and above, daily (6 votes [2.19%])

Percentage of vote: 2.19%

7. 25mg-50mg as needed (lasting 4-8 hours) (16 votes [5.84%])

Percentage of vote: 5.84%

8. 100mg as needed (36 votes [13.14%])

Percentage of vote: 13.14%

9. 200mg as needed (31 votes [11.31%])

Percentage of vote: 11.31%

10. 300mg as needed (4 votes [1.46%])

Percentage of vote: 1.46%

11. 400mg as needed (5 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

12. 500mg and above, as needed (9 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 gg141717

• 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Is modafinil comparable to adrafinil?

Edited by gg141717, 01 June 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#62 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

I definitely found that at 300mg, Modafinil's effects started to mimic amphetamine for me, and as they peaked a few hours later I was far too tense and overanxious.

As well, 200mg taken first thing in the morning keeps me awake for most of the night.

Going to experiment with micro-dosing - probably first at 25mg if I can cut a pill into an eighth, and then over to 50mg.

What stacks well with M?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I definitely found that at 300mg, Modafinil's effects started to mimic amphetamine for me, and as they peaked a few hours later I was far too tense and overanxious.

As well, 200mg taken first thing in the morning keeps me awake for most of the night.

Going to experiment with micro-dosing - probably first at 25mg if I can cut a pill into an eighth, and then over to 50mg.

What stacks well with M?

Prolly, selegiline and some glutamate precursors. DLPA also.

#64 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

TBH, I think I may have to ditch modafinil save for rare occasions where I need to be 'on' for 12+ hours over a single day with absolutely nothing on my plate for the following.

Even taking 1/4 of a pill upon waking seems to massively inhibit sleep quality and limit me to 4 hours of somnolence, max. As a result, the next day is either spent in recovery mode or digging further into the hole of sleep deprivation via redosing. Neither option is really acceptable for my needs (i.e., studying for multiple midterms/final exams under a limited time-frame) given the alternatives.

BTW - Wouldn't deprenyl and modafinil be fairly risky? I'd be very hesitant on that one unless you were microdosing both.

#65 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

TBH, I think I may have to ditch modafinil save for rare occasions where I need to be 'on' for 12+ hours over a single day with absolutely nothing on my plate for the following.

Even taking 1/4 of a pill upon waking seems to massively inhibit sleep quality and limit me to 4 hours of somnolence, max. As a result, the next day is either spent in recovery mode or digging further into the hole of sleep deprivation via redosing. Neither option is really acceptable for my needs (i.e., studying for multiple midterms/final exams under a limited time-frame) given the alternatives.

BTW - Wouldn't deprenyl and modafinil be fairly risky? I'd be very hesitant on that one unless you were microdosing both.

Not really. The dopamine reuptake inhibition of modafinil is very weak. I think glutamate precursors and DLPA would serve you better.

#66 chung_pao

• 352 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have the exact same experience. Still waiting for the day when they release a short acting (6h half-life +/-) version.
I've just come off a "cycle" and still experiencing side-effects that are slowly disappearing: reduced creativity, reduced visual and spatial thinking, decreased verbal fluency, sleep-dept. The list of side's is very long.
In my experience the drug stays in my system for at least 24-30 hours. My brain can't handle that.
  • like x 1

#67 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

I take either 2x50 morning and about 6h later or 1x100mg or 2x100 with the same pattern as 2x50.
Without any trouble sleeping, the modafinil is legit, I can tell because of the smell of my urine.
The half life really seems to be 6h for me which sounds crazy

50mg is a pretty good starting dose which allready works as a sports doping (endurance for running) later in the day but is kind of unspectacular.

100mg seems pretty good and I take that amount with a antihistamine* that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier because many side effects seem to have something to do with histamine and allergy like effects in me.
(Im supposed to be allergic to some things but I can live normally without medication)
(*The antihistamine is 5mg of desloratadine)

150 or 200mg in a single dose is where the side effects seem to be stronger than the benefits, mostly head aches.

I might try armodafinil in the future in the form of waklert, the way I understood it its the right isomer which is active
But Im not sure because moda is sort of impressive in getting your ass out of bed but doesnt give me delusions of genious or urges to write a dissertation NOW like amphetamines do.
These delusions dont produce dissertations but nice fluid writing that is still to the point.

Edited by machete234, 15 June 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#68 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I think some people are over doing it with modafinil but i can only judge from my experience. My
dose is 100mg as needed and that is usually once in a 24hr period. The effects take about 3 hours to peak for me

My experience is that a very low dose is best. I have tried from 20mg up to 200mg, and 20-25mg appears to be ideal. The nootropic effects are very pronounced for me at low doses. I have a markedly greater ability to concentrate, I retain more of what I read, and accomplish an amazing amount of work. I feel as if I gain 20-40 IQ points, (though I haven't taken any online tests to objectively measure this). These effects disappear by the time I get to a 50mg dose. Wonderful news, given the cost of the drug. :c)

I get the 20-25mg by cutting a 100mg pill into pieces (they're tiny, so this isn't easy). I'm using the "Alertec" brand from a European supplier. I originally tried this to reduce the feeling of aching eyeballs, and was pleasantly surprised by the overall effects.

I have also found that it works very well in combination with melatonin. Melatonin the night before followed by modafinil in the morning leaves me wide awake, but well-rested. Another melatonin that night allows me to get a good night's sleep and continue the cycle. I have only tried this for 3 nights in a row, but I haven't felt any "crash" from doing this. The only down side is that the melatonin leaves me feeling extra dopey first thing in the morning. I'll address that with a lower dose (taking 3mg now, going to try 1mg as soon as the new tablets arrive). Even with that very mild side-effect, it is well worth it. I don't do it every day simply because I'm cautious about long-term effects.

One other point - unlike your experience, I find that the effect becomes noticable after about 30 minutes, and peaks within an hour. The improve concentration lasts for between 14 and 18 hours. All on 25mg. Truly a wonder drug.

Hi. Are you still on this low dose with same results?

#69 uubiduu

• 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

I tried the brand modalert on different occasions at 200mg per dose and didnt notice anything from it. Even one cup of coffee gives me more stimulation. Am i a non-responder to modafinil (also doesnt seem to respond well to phenibut) or do you think its faked stuff?

#70 bzyb

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I tried the brand modalert on different occasions at 200mg per dose and didnt notice anything from it. Even one cup of coffee gives me more stimulation. Am i a non-responder to modafinil (also doesnt seem to respond well to phenibut) or do you think its faked stuff?

That is strange, but everyone's body chemistry is different some are sensitive to pharmaceuticals some dont feel a thing. I got mine from the doctor, took 30 mg with zembrin (to take the edge off) and spent 5 hours cleaning up my whole house without eating so it was definitely working (and I wanted to keep on working but my stomach wouldn't let me). Anyway its mostly wore off by the evening, so I've been taking piracetam since then to keep on working. Anyway will see how the side effects from its use will be tomorrow morning :wacko:

#71 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Could someone explain to me HOW modafinil works in

a) normal person
b) person with ADHD

?

Are there differences?
And is modafinil safer than ritalin for example when you have ADD,depression and anxiety?

#72 noopept-user-123

• 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

800mg-1gram, as needed - Go BIG or go HOME

#73 noopept-user-123

• 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Could someone explain to me HOW modafinil works in

a) normal person
b) person with ADHD

?

Are there differences?
And is modafinil safer than ritalin for example when you have ADD,depression and anxiety?

a) Increased work, productivity, & focus, reduced fatigue - increases histamine levels, increases dopamine
b) Increased work, productivity, & focus, reduced fatigue - increases histamine levels, increases dopamine

Yes there are differences - the person without ADHD will be more productive on modafinil because he is normally already having an average amount of focus. The person with ADHD will be less productive on modafinil than the person with ADHD who takes modafinil because he already has ADHD which means he starts out with a below average amount of focus/productivity to begin with.

#74 totalrecomp

• 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

800mg-1gram, as needed - Go BIG or go HOME

If you need that much I would think finding a different compound altogether would be advisable. That is a ton of Moda.

#75 cani!

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Maybe a bit off topic but I tried Modafinil at 100-200 mg, armodafinil at 150 mg and by far, what has been more helpful for me is adrafinil at 300-600 mg.

It is much cheaper and I find it has mood boosting capabilities that regular modafinil just didn't have. I felt very depressed the day after taking armo/modafinil but not on adrafinil.

The liver issues are way over-rated. Your liver only has to cleave an hydroxyl from the molecule and although it might elevate some liver values, it is absolutely not toxic. 

I had plenty of blood test on adrafinil and there never were any concerns for my liver. 

#76 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

armodafinil is way more effective in my experience. I don't think the dafinils are good taken daily, weird side effects start to occur, not in a bad way, but there seems to be limits to how long the brain can stay "active", also lack of sleep catches up and the dafinils disrupt sleep cycles ime.

I have not tried adrafinil, but it does sound interesting.

it's good as a once or twice thing weekly - I like using it for learning coding or doing coding.

Edited by Major Legend, 10 December 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#77 lad3

• 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

It's amazing how all over the map the discussed doses here are! I guess the minimal most effective dose is always best.

For the guy whose is getting by on relative microdoses along with melatonin:

You also need to cut your nightly melatonin down to 1/10th of the amount too. The original melatonin research determined that 0.3mg was the optimal chronic dose that didn't produce tolerance over time. it's incredible that most formulas out there have anywhere between 3 to 10mgs!

#78 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Nowadays I would also take the equivalent of 25mg regular modafinil in the form of r-moda because thats what I have.

That is easily tolerated and I might be able to sleep at night if I take it as early as possible in the day.

+ 0.5mg melatonin at night at least 8h before having to get up in the morning.

Etizolam only if absolutely needed, say with sleepless nights in a row.

How much moda to take is dependent on your stress level if you ask me. Stress can keep you awake enough so that any more would be detrimental.

Check out this:

https://en.wikipedia...rkes–Dodson_law

Nic graphs that reflect 100% my experience with modafinil. Really tweaked out is only good for simple stupid tasks see graph 2. For anything else you would need a lower level of optimal arousal. 

I would also consider 100mg or 200mg a high dose nowadays and I would not even attempt that without a breakfast+ protein+creatine shake.

This slows down absorbtion and makes it a lot smoother and I think steady creatine sublementation of 5g helps with side effects (maybe because of water retention or whatever it does and therefore less dehydration but thats just a theory).

Edited by machete234, 30 August 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#79 3mp0w3r

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

How many people here get headaches with moda?

#80 YANNO

• 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

not only headaches bro, a few days after ur mood will be f*cked also

modaf may give u a boost for a few hours but u pay a big price for it

its overrated if u ask me

#81 Hotforpips

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

On week four of 25 mg @ 5am and 25 mg @ 1130 x 5 days a week. No headaches for me from mod. Still effective no apparent tolerance build up yet.
Also, 2000mg piracetem, cleated mag, vit k complex, occasionally b-right b vits (capsules emptied and dosage divided right down from std), 5000 ui vit d, zinc 15mg. And most important lots of veg and other high nutrition foods plenty of water. Seems to work for me.

#82 rejwan

• 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

Upon my suggestion, my mother (age: 76) started taking 100Mg Modafinil every 2 days (orginal - not online) for daytime tiredness. Not only does she feel awake, but also she also felt a good mood as a nice bonus (I guess may be a kind of euphoria or hypomania? She did not tell - but it can be. Or an additional effect on wakefullness).

The reason she takes it once every 2 days is the same reason discussed here frequently, as I came across on other forums and platforms too. We are a bit concerned that she might develop tolerance and the nice mood she feels would diminish in the future.

I know all the tolerance theories on Modafinil tolerance are hypothetical. But I would like to have some points clarified in order to determine the best route on what to do further.

First of all - is the tolerance likely to be from CNS or CYP3a4? The reason I ask is - if the reason might be due to CNS same tolerance would occur in lower dosages - reason being that she has the same chemical effect in her brain where other people have on higher doses.

But if the reason is CYP3a4, then lower dosages, although taken daily, might create lower tolerance. Not dependent on however she feels.

I guess my above assumptions would make sense if I got the main point correct, but these are only my assumptions as per what I guessed from the brief information I retained. But if there is a logical error - please correct.

Secondly - which one would create more tolerance: 100 Mg once every 2 days, or 50 Mg every day? And would taking it daily bring the mood and wakefullness effect on a higher level cumulatively (serum level or other parameters.). I mean - May be taking 50 Mg everyday might bring the same effect as if she is on 100mg every 2 days. The same effect on the day she takes 100Mg but everyday on 50mg.

If 50Mg daily is achievable, then daily consumption is much more preferable due to consistency. (Who would not want to be fine everyday instead of once in every 2 days?)

We might even go as low as 25 Mg, as feels very well on 100mg - depending on how she feels on daily 25 Mg after we test it.

Anyone here taking 25Mg or 50Mg everyday for years or heard anyone without tolerance or diminishing effect?

She does not take any other nootropics - as she is not interested rightfully, and due to her age she can not - I am the one who motivated her using Modafinil actually. And I am glad that it works very fine for her and she started to feel really good. (But once in 2 days, unfortunately.)

In addition to these - taken daily or not (please advise which of them, when making a suggestion) having drug holidays regularly will restore tolerance level? How long and frequent should it be? Although even if we make drug holidays, if there occurs a tolerance would the tolerance reset after not using Modafinil for (e.g.) a few (how long) months?

Any other comments any of you make to make more years long ahead better for her without the effects are lost?

Edited by rejwan, 21 May 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#83 rejwan

• 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

Also once in 2 days 100Mg tolerance comments please.

#84 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

In my experience 25 to 50mg every day does not create tolerance of positive effects. 100mg ed is definitely too much and will make me feel very tired and sleepy after a while. Even 50mg everyday during the working week messes up my sleep (early awakening ie 4am) which is tiring. But this will reset after one day of wash out. 25mg is okay for regular use with very limited effects on sleep, but some more stimulation is sometimes needed.
  • Well Written x 1

#85 rejwan

• 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

Thank you Fntms..

#86 Super Neuro

• 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:54 AM

400mg in the morning cures my narcolepsy. Another 400mg at night, every other night, allows me to live in a 48-hour sleep/wake cycle.

#87 lisalau

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

I take 200mg daily except weekend. When I dont need to drive or go to job I skip my dose.

#88 ireneton

• 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

already 400 mg when i need it. Even though my tolerance build up pretty fast.

#89 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

I take modafinil 200mg every 4 days. This sometimes puts me on a weekend, sometimes on a weekday. Either way I have a pretty productive day.

With a 12 hour half life there is less than a milligram left in your system by the 4 day mark regardless of whether you take 200 or 100 mg. (0.75mg with 200mg or 0.39mg with 100).  Waiting any longer than that is kind of pointless I think.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Guys stay away from this dangerous histaminergic shit. People talking about this garbage because it is awailable to everyone without prescription. its nothing just pumping your blood with histmine to give you a little bit anxious energy.  If you gonna use it, just use it with loratadine.  i think even meth is safer than this thing in low doses. You are pumping your blood with histamine. This can hyperthrophy your nose conchas, adenoid etc, can give you skin condiitons, sleep apnea etc. 

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users