Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

SmartPowders ...Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#31 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

I'm wondering if we're having a rebirth of nootropii/adam?

#32 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

Finally it looks like I can register from Canada. Yay!

However, before I order I would like to see some people here who have RECEIVED orders from SMARTPOWDERS. Especially wanted are those in countries OTHER than the USA, like Canada. What did you order and how long did shipping take?

Edited by Isochroma, 06 July 2009 - 01:40 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 wooty

• 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

YO THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF. I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD AND BROWSING THROUGH IT I FOUND SEVERAL OF THE POSTS TO BE FROM PEOPLE WITH VERY FEW POSTS PROMOTING SMART POWDERS "OH I JUST BOUGHT IT AND IT WORKS, HES PROFESSIONAL."
I'm sure these posts/fake accounts are made by the same guy to promote.

SHILL ALERT!!! ----- PUNKIDEAS, PERCHINGBIRD, WOOTY are BS accounts if you look above
BAN!
BAN!

BY THE WAY I'M NOT A SHILL OR AFFILIATED WITH ANY VENDOR, I JUST WANT TO STOP THE BS. I KNOW I HAVE VERY FEW POSTS BUT I HAVE BEEN REGISTERED FOR A WHILE AND MY POSTS HAVE BEEN ABOUT REAL TOPICS SO DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA.

Oh, and while we're on the topic, are there actually any trustworthy sites/companies to buy in bulk (stuff like racetams, choline, idebenone, NAC, P. serine, Cordyceps... ETC in pure quality/high grade? If there are, please PM me them. Thanks. Sorry for being rude. It just angers me to see bad business ethics. I'm pretty sure I speak for anyone in my position (consumers).

I live in North Carolina and I'm new to this forum. I just bought from Mike and am very happy with this product. I DON"T like to see decent people get reamed by sociopaths. Excuse me for existing.

#34 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:15 AM

wooty: how long did your shipment take to arrive?

I checked eBay and there's one seller who resells SmartPowders products: my65cudas

This search finds smartpowders resellers on eBay.

My problem is I order about 500g piracetam per month from one supplier on eBay (not reselling SP). eBay has a system so I can take back the PayPal payment if the shipment doesn't arrive (I actually did that once when a video camera didn't arrive :)

Plus eBay has a way for me to kick a seller's ass via both feedback and comments plus buyer protection if it doesn't arrive or is the wrong product. SP doesn't even have a feedback forum.

Now, to make it worthwhile to buy from SP, I'd have to do a 3x500g or 4x500g order. Problem is, big orders from anyone are much riskier, especially new suppliers with no history. Even worse is Customs, who are more likely to seize larger or mixed shipments. Shippers often steal shipments too.

A lost shipment would mean a month without piracetam, which I can't do. Last time that happened I sank back into the worst tiredness, depression, mental fatigue.

It's sad to say, but it is worth paying twice as much for a guaranteed delivery or punishment privilege on a site like eBay that collectivizes risk. And indeed, my Ebay supplier costs exactly twice as much as SP.

Edited by Isochroma, 09 July 2009 - 03:29 AM.

#35 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

I figured out a way. Since I've some extra dough this month, around the middle I'll order 1x500g from SP. It is extra that I don't need right away, so I can afford to lose it.

Then if it arrives, at the end of the month I'll order 2x500g from SP. This way, SP will be able to earn my confidence step-by-step, and I won't have to take any excessive risks.

#36 gregandbeaker

• 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

I bought Piracetam from Smart Powders about a month ago. It is working as well at the same dose as the piracetam capsules I purchased from Relentless Improvement. It arrived to the upper-midwest area of the US about four days after I ordered it.

Edited by gregandbeaker, 10 July 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#37 sirlordford

• 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

I checked eBay and there's one seller who resells SmartPowders products: my65cudas

This screen name is Mike M, formerly of 1fast400 and currently of SmartPowders.

#38 wooty

• 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

wooty: how long did your shipment take to arrive?

This search finds smartpowders resellers on eBay.

My problem is I order about 500g piracetam per month from one supplier on eBay (not reselling SP). eBay has a system so I can take back the PayPal payment if the shipment doesn't arrive (I actually did that once when a video camera didn't arrive :)

Plus eBay has a way for me to kick a seller's ass via both feedback and comments plus buyer protection if it doesn't arrive or is the wrong product. SP doesn't even have a feedback forum.

Now, to make it worthwhile to buy from SP, I'd have to do a 3x500g or 4x500g order. Problem is, big orders from anyone are much riskier, especially new suppliers with no history. Even worse is Customs, who are more likely to seize larger or mixed shipments. Shippers often steal shipments too.

A lost shipment would mean a month without piracetam, which I can't do. Last time that happened I sank back into the worst tiredness, depression, mental fatigue.

It's sad to say, but it is worth paying twice as much for a guaranteed delivery or punishment privilege on a site like eBay that collectivizes risk. And indeed, my Ebay supplier costs exactly twice as much as SP.

Well, I live in the same state as Smartpowders, so I received mine in the mail 48 hours after placing the order. I noticed he's now stocking pramiracetam so I just picked some of that up as well, but haven't tried as of yet. I tried his oxiracetam and piracetam and I'm really happy with the results.

Edited by wooty, 09 July 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#39 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

During the ordering process at the SP website, when I reached the point of paying with my PayPal account, I was redirected to the PayPal site, and in particular to a page showing "my65cuda@aol.com" as the person to whom this payment is going.

So it is now obvious that the eBay user 'my65cudas' is actually not a SmartPowders reseller but in fact is SmartPowders himself. I had suspected as much because nobody else on eBay carries so many racetams, all with that nice bright SP logo.

Strangely, that user ID was made way back on 12 November 1998.

His oldest recorded transaction was 1 August 2001.

The order was placed and paid for by PayPal thru my bank account which takes longer to clear than a credit card (6-8 days).

Edited by Isochroma, 11 July 2009 - 03:08 AM.

#40 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

Why is it so hard for us to get a few random samples tested?

If we were all to chip in some money and send some samples of piracetam etc to a lab for testing, how much would it cost? I'd gladly chip in.

#41 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

If we were all to chip in some money and send some samples of piracetam etc to a lab for testing, how much would it cost? I'd gladly chip in.

I messaged Mike through his SMARTPOWDERS.COM website about a week ago and he told me that he'd send me, via e-mail, copies of the CoA papers for his powders but have still not received a reply from him. Third Party Testing is optimal, however. RELENTLESS IMPROVEMENT does that himself, I think SMARTPOWDERS should do/fund that as well.............

M.

#42 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

I messaged Mike through his SMARTPOWDERS.COM website about a week ago and he told me that he'd send me, via e-mail, copies of the CoA papers for his powders but have still not received a reply from him. Third Party Testing is optimal, however. RELENTLESS IMPROVEMENT does that himself, I think SMARTPOWDERS should do/fund that as well.............

M.

^Yeh, but how much would it cost us imminst.org members to get a few batches of 1fast400 & smartpowders stuff lab tested? I'm sure that many of us would be willing to chip in. I don't understand what is stopping us?

#43 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

^Yeh, but how much would it cost us imminst.org members to get a few batches of 1fast400 & smartpowders stuff lab tested? I'm sure that many of us would be willing to chip in. I don't understand what is stopping us?

Good idea....I'll chip in....Testing should cover the gamut, not merely for efficacy, but also testing should be conducted for any and every potential contaminant, metal, chemical, microbial, etc. I think these tests can be a bit pricey though, especially for several products? Probably would not hurt to randomly test products from other companies, too...Even "bigger"/"cutting edge" ones.........??

#44 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Why buy untested products and test it yourself when you can buy a tested product right away? Seems a bit expensive to test your product over and over...testing it once will not be enough because you need to test every batch you get.

Edited by drmz, 24 July 2009 - 07:47 AM.

#45 Astaxanthin

• 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Why buy untested products and test it yourself when you can buy a tested product right away? Seems a bit expensive to test your product over and over...testing it once will not be enough because you need to test every batch you get.

Good point, this the something that the vendor NEEDS to do and provide to the customer in a timely fashion when asked. Better if it's posted clearly on the website.

#46 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Ceva....

I don't think you are allowed to have the name of the company you are promoting as your name.

A

#47 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

True, but if we can all chip in to get a few samples sent in and tested once every few months we would at least get a fair indication of the quality rather than having none at all?

#48 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:15 AM

I received my order of 500g Piracetam from Smart Powders on the 27th. It is still sealed.

#49 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

All my third party tests will be posted by tomorrow night. I'll have the COA's for metal content mid next week. I didn't have my password for here for about 10 days (check my history of posting for the big gap in days between posts). I've had 3 trade shows to do as well. If anyone wants the assay right now, simply email me: my65cuda@aol.com

#50 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

There is danger in 3rd party testing on your own. I say this coming from a past of multiple lawsuits from testing other people's products. Simply do a google search of 1fast400 you'll see what I'm talking about. The problem is chain of custody and tampering issues. If a tests comes back for any product, that puts that company in a negative light, you can be sued into the ground. Trust me, I know. Just be careful with what you do and what you post, in regards to any company.

It's a free country, choose to order from who you wish. I have all my info available for anyone to see. Those that know my past, know that I own several companies within the nutrition industry. SP was just something I started for fun to help some people out. I just hired someone this week to handle the shipping/processing for me. Which is why the website is finally getting updated with info, I have time. As far as things coming down the pipe, Ani/Oxi/Piracetam caps will all be here in 6 weeks. At prices cheaper than anyone else :D

#51 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

I feel that ultimately Mike is undoubtedly acquiring the exact same material as his competition and also that his track record is additionally as exemplary and trustworthy as his competitors. I am hopeful that his entity prospers, provides excellent services and quality goods, that he treats customers and their service as paramount, and that he is able to provide quality cutting edge materials at FAIR prices for a long time to come.................

M.

There is danger in 3rd party testing on your own. I say this coming from a past of multiple lawsuits from testing other people's products. Simply do a google search of 1fast400 you'll see what I'm talking about. The problem is chain of custody and tampering issues. If a tests comes back for any product, that puts that company in a negative light, you can be sued into the ground. Trust me, I know. Just be careful with what you do and what you post, in regards to any company.

It's a free country, choose to order from who you wish. I have all my info available for anyone to see. Those that know my past, know that I own several companies within the nutrition industry. SP was just something I started for fun to help some people out. I just hired someone this week to handle the shipping/processing for me. Which is why the website is finally getting updated with info, I have time. As far as things coming down the pipe, Ani/Oxi/Piracetam caps will all be here in 6 weeks. At prices cheaper than anyone else :D

#52 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:18 AM

I tasted Smart Powder's piracetam and it tastes just as foul as all the other piracetams I've bought! Therefore, it must be good :) Plus a COA came with the package, though it looked to be in-house (couldn't find a third-party identifier on it).

For those worried about heavy metals, it seems that piracetam syntheses don't use them. See this thread for more information, this post in particular.

Seriously, Smart Powders is the fastest shipper I've ever dealt with, six days from cheque clearance to reception of package in Canada [that includes Customs clearance!]. The next fastest was advantagesupplements [eBay] which took ten days.

If anyone still feels Smart Powders is shady {maybe even shadowy, muahahaha, sound-of-evil-laugh} then I just yesterday added a new, even cheaper bulk racetam seller who carries powder by the KILO.

They carry Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam [500g only for that one] by the kilo in powdered form, at about 1/3 the best price I had before, except for piracetam which is only a bit cheaper than the excellent deals from Smart Powders.

Racetam Prices [mirror] {updated August 2, 2009}

Edited by Isochroma, 03 August 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#53 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

I tasted Smart Powder's piracetam and it tastes just as foul as all the other piracetams I've bought! Therefore, it must be good ;) Plus a COA came with the package, though it looked to be in-house (couldn't find a third-party identifier on it).

Nice. I think Mike will make a lot of money from Imminst.org members once this legit COA thing is sorted.

#54 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Using taste to verify the realness of piracetam powder is interesting. Sometimes I can't taste the bitter flavor, especially in the morning. Sometimes it tastes suspiciously dilute, like it's been cut. I'm not referring to SP's but to many various batches I've bought over the last year from different suppliers.

It seems the crystal grain size can change the flavor as it melts in the mouth.

Eating lots of chemical powder all day is a garden of delights for the paranoid.

I thought the best cutting agent would be Epsom Salts (MgSO4 x 7H2O) because it has the same bitter flavor and is super-cheap and available everywhere. Whether they would co-crystallize or not...

Edited by Isochroma, 05 August 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#55 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Now, say the contaminant was lead. According to this paper, every additional microgram per deciliter of blood means 1/2 point drop in IQ.

In the case of lead-contaminated piracetam, the piracetam component raises IQ. So the question is at what level of lead contamination would the mixture still be useful for raising IQ? And at what concentration does it have no effect - with the polar effects of the two agents being precisely balanced in diametric opposition?

A similar case occurs in the consumption of mercury-laden fish (tuna in Japan) by children. Mercury also causes brain damage and loss of IQ {thanks in part to its inhibition of microtubule formation}, but the omega-3 fatty acids raise IQ. It was found in several studies that there was a net benefit to eating mercurated tuna despite the heavy metal load, even for children - whose brains are the most vulnerable to mercury damage.

Edited by Isochroma, 05 August 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#56 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

Ordered 25g Pramiracetam and 50g Oxiracetam from Smart Powders today.

Soon it will be seen how powerful these mega-racetams actually are ;)

#57 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

Soon it will be seen how powerful these mega-racetams actually are :p

Has it arrived yet? Did you get a legit COA with it?

#58 mk-ultra

• 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

http://www.consumerlab.com/ <-----
I'm about to join in and suggest they do sample testing of all the racetam sold on the market now.
Unfortunately it seems they only cover popular compounds made popular by the likes of Dr Oz on Oprah. (or whatever his name is)

#59 kbtoy

• 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Soon it will be seen how powerful these mega-racetams actually are ;)

It's gonna depend on your body chemistry as well. I love pira and Ani especially combined but Oxi doesn't work well fro me. i just got some Pram from SP and can't wait to try it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Now we're getting somewhere

All the lab tests are up :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users