Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

SmartPowders ...Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

The time for pig roasting is over: now it's time to gut the beast.

SMART POWDERS, aka. Mike M on this forum, has REPEATEDLY and FRAUDULENTLY misdeclared the value of shipments to me in Canada, and as a result has been BLACKLISTED by Canada Customs, which means ANYTHING sent to Canada from his name, business or address will be seized by Canada Customs.

The whole sordid story begins on July 30th, when I ordered two 500g cans of Piracetam to be delivered to my Canadian address.

Careful monitoring of the Fedex tracking number revealed that it was held by Canada Customs on August 15th. I called and they told me that the value of this $67.98 shipment had been declared as $10.

After emailing the proprietor, his excuse was that Fedex, Customs, etc. were incompetent.

Fedex told me they would require a faxed copy of the PayPal receipt and further documentation. After running all over town getting this together I faxed them.

Finally on August 20th the order was delivered, after a long series of phone-tag calls.

Willing to forgive this as a mistake, I decided to try once more, and emailed the proprietor requesting that he declare the TRUE VALUE of the next shipment. Here is the email I sent with his reply:

"Sure man, no worries, just email me after placing orders. Sorry for not responding sooner. My dogs had surgery this weekend so I've been in nurse mode."
In a message dated 8/21/2009 7:44:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ************ writes:
"If I make any more orders, can you write their true value on invoices and enclosed receipts? That way I'll feel confident that if they are stopped by Customs for inspection there won't be any problems."

So on August 27th I ordered 3x50g Oxiracetam and 500g Piracetam (Value: $148.96 USD).

Watching the Fedex tracker carefully, I noted that it had once again been held. Today (September 2nd) I called Fedex. They told me that the shipment had been seized by Canada Customs because it was a misdeclared 'high-value shipment'. I asked the Fedex representative what the declared value on the shipment was.

He said: "$40 USD".

Then I asked him if Canada Customs had blacklisted Smart Powders, and he said: "very likely, because the sender now has a history of misdeclaring shipments".

So now, anything send into Canada from this fraudulent business is going to be seized by Canada Customs, which means the end of my purchases from this toxic enterprise, and the end for the other 33.7 million residents of my nation, who will find their shipments seized by Canada Customs because his name, business and address are now on their computers as a 'REPEAT OFFENDER'.

My recommendation is to avoid supporting such criminal enterprises - import fraud is a criminal offence in my country - and instead make a better choice. Thanks to the free market, he has competitors - you'll find them on my Racetam Prices list, along with a warning to avoid his business at all costs.

This individual also does business on eBay under the name my65cudas {http://shop.ebay.ca/...ant/my65cudas}.

Smart Powders has been permanently removed from my Racetam Prices list and today I will be contacting the maintainers of all forum link lists to advise them to remove his business or issue a warning to international buyers.

I will also be posting this warning in all threads dealing with racetam providers so as to avoid any more victimization of customers and blacklisting by the Customs of various countries due to purposely misdeclared shipments.

Edited by Isochroma, 02 September 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#62 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

The time for pig roasting is over: now it's time to gut the beast.

SMART POWDERS, aka. Mike M on this forum, has REPEATEDLY and FRAUDULENTLY misdeclared the value of shipments to me in Canada, and as a result has been BLACKLISTED by Canada Customs, which means ANYTHING sent to Canada from his name, business or address will be seized by Canada Customs.

Lie. If it were true, explain this: 422610100966 Go punch it into fedex, he got it in 3 days.

Careful monitoring of the Fedex tracking number revealed that it was held by Canada Customs on August 15th. I called and they told me that the value of this $67.98 shipment had been declared as $10. After emailing the proprietor, his excuse was that Fedex, Customs, etc. were incompetent.
Fedex told me they would require a faxed copy of the PayPal receipt and further documentation. After running all over town getting this together I faxed them.Finally on August 20th the order was delivered, after a long series of phone-tag calls.

This is true. It was a paper nightmare. They had all the things they needed from my end. I couldn't provide them with the things they asked you specifically for.

Willing to forgive this as a mistake, I decided to try once more, and emailed the proprietor requesting that he declare the TRUE VALUE of the next shipment. Here is the email I sent with his reply:

"Sure man, no worries, just email me after placing orders. Sorry for not responding sooner. My dogs had surgery this weekend so I've been in nurse mode."
In a message dated 8/21/2009 7:44:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ************ writes:
"If I make any more orders, can you write their true value on invoices and enclosed receipts? That way I'll feel confident that if they are stopped by Customs for inspection there won't be any problems."

So on August 27th I ordered 3x50g Oxiracetam and 500g Piracetam (Value: $148.96 USD).

Watching the Fedex tracker carefully, I noted that it had once again been held. Today (September 2nd) I called Fedex. They told me that the shipment had been seized by Canada Customs because it was a misdeclared 'high-value shipment'. I asked the Fedex representative what the declared value on the shipment was.

He said: "$40 USD".

Then I asked him if Canada Customs had blacklisted Smart Powders, and he said: "very likely, because the sender now has a history of misdeclaring shipments".

I'll gladly post a copy of your commerical invoice which will that it was invoiced at the exact price you paid. It's 7pm now and I can't get into the office till tomorrow. You emailed me in advance and we marked it exactly how you wanted.

So now, anything send into Canada from this fraudulent business is going to be seized by Canada Customs, which means the end of my purchases from this toxic enterprise, and the end for the other 33.7 million residents of my nation, who will find their shipments seized by Canada Customs because his name, business and address are now on their computers as a 'REPEAT OFFENDER'.
My recommendation is to avoid supporting such criminal enterprises - import fraud is a criminal offence in my country - and instead make a better choice. Thanks to the free market, he has competitors - you'll find them on my Racetam Prices list, along with a warning to avoid his business at all costs.

Of course you never contacted me about any of this, instead you go posting on boards. I'll gladly post the commerical invoice where you can see for yourself exactly how it was declared. I'm still going to call fedex tomorrow to make sure you get your package, even with your slandering of me.

Did you mention that you haven't paid for the package?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#63 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

It sure is funny how the victim is made to be the criminal, but the hard record of evidence will show the truth. In the meanwhile, here's part of it for the record: my personal PayPal history:

Posted Image

eCheques take 1.5 weeks or so to clear from my bank into PayPal, but the proprietor must know that because it's how I've paid for previous orders, as the PayPal history shows. Why would the proprietor complain after voluntarily sending the order before he received the funds? And how would such a groundless complaint relate to two fraudulent declarations of value? Perhaps someone could enlighten me on that one.

Tomorrow I'll be getting a copy of the document which shows the declared value from Fedex and posting it here.

The proprietory has had his chance and now I will be posting in public every piece of documentation and information which was officially relayed to me by Federal Express, whose officers, as well as Canada Customs, are legally obliged to provide. Federal Express has their own in-house clearing and has all the false information in their hands.

It is too late for the proprietor to cover this up, and furthermore I will also be receiving imaged copies of the previous misdeclared shipment. The proprietor should also be aware that I have won - without a lawyer - both a civil tribunal and a criminal case in Court of Record in my home country Canada. In fact the Supreme Court of British Columbia sits in my home city, and I will use every legal means available to protect my interests in this case. So too will Canada Customs, which also has the fraudulent documents in their possession.

Here is the tracking log for the package currently detained by Canada Customs due to fraudulent declaration of value:

Posted Image

And here is the first package's - now finally received after phone-tag and faxes mentioned in previous post - sordid Fedex history: note the series of 'clearance delays":

Posted Image

It spent an unnecessary week in the bowels of a bonded warehouse being held by Canada Customs while I was trying to find out what was happening and finally was able to gather the true value information Canada Customs needed before they would release the package. Note that the proprietor had said via email that he was working to sort the 'problem' out with Canada Customs, but they only released the package after I faxed them the PayPal receipt indicating the shipment's true value.

Edited by Isochroma, 03 September 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#64 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

In the case of lead-contaminated piracetam, the piracetam component raises IQ. No, it does not. So the question is at what level of lead contamination would the mixture still be useful for raising IQ? And at what concentration does it have no effect - with the polar effects of the two agents being precisely balanced in diametric opposition?

No nootropic has ever been shown to increase IQ.

I must admit, I enjoy this thread like a good crime story. So are CoA's available? (URL?)  :)

#65 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:44 PM

If I do receive the currently detained shipment, I'll be sure to either give it to somebody I hate or flush it, since it will probably be deliberately poisoned by the proprietor.

#66 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:09 AM

Just spoke with fedex. Here is what I sent Jason:

Just got off the phone with fedex. There were two commercial invoices. The fedex prompt is defaulted to 10.00 per unit, so a unit total was put in of 4, 3 oxi and 1 piracetam and that is how that invoice got to 40. The invoice we include, which you would have seen when you got your paperwork before, had your packaged marked at the correct value. I gave the fedex woman my cell phone number and she is giving it to customs in canada. They are to call me tomorrow early afternoon to update the situation. Nothing is seized and the package will be delivered, I just have to explain why the two invoices. Mistakes happen and that is all this way. Hardly an intentional screwing up of your order. I'll update you when they call me tomorrow.

Mike

#67 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

I will be in contact with Fedex tomorrow afternoon to ensure that the process of removing the shipment from Canada Customs' grip goes smoothly. Thank you for your co-operation.

#68 digitalhammer

• 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:18 AM

If I do receive the currently detained shipment, I'll be sure to either give it to somebody I hate or flush it, since it will probably be deliberately poisoned by the proprietor.

Wow, sounds like you smoked one too many bowls. :)

Joking aside, I just got a shipment from SmartPowders 2 days ago which passed Canadian customs without incident. The three day shipping time is pretty impressive too. You have a minor documentation snafu, no doubt.

#69 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

It is not a minor document 'snafu'. It is repeated, deliberate falsification of declared value, which is a criminal offence in my country. Luckily I am not liable if someone sends me forged shipments, else I might be in jail shortly. Today I will be obtaining the scans of the original documents - if Fedex will provide them - and posting them to this thread.

Edited by Isochroma, 03 September 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#70 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

It is not a minor document 'snafu'. It is repeated, deliberate falsification of declared value, which is a criminal offence in my country. Luckily I am not liable if someone sends me forged shipments, else I might be in jail shortly. Today I will be obtaining the scans of the original documents - if Fedex will provide them - and posting them to this thread.

All I want is the truth to come out.

I explained what the issue was with this package. What I wasn't told, before I talked to fedex at length, is that Isochroma called fedex himself and told them this package should be worth 200.00. Realize his order value was 118, not 200. As a business, how am I supposed to explain to fedex that a consumer is lying about the value of his order. Why would a consumer call and claim their package is worth 80 dollars more than it is (when they have to pay duties/taxes on it). I can explain why my invoices were crossed. I refaxed them the correct invoice, which they already have a copy of. However, try convincing customs that invoice is right when the customer calls and says the package is worth 200.00.

If I would have been notified this could have been handled in 1 phone call. Instead Isochroma called fedex, lied about the value and then went off on me all over these boards. I was never given a chance to fix the situation, which could have easily been done. Why he didn't contact me, is beyond me. His payment still hasn't cleared. I tried to do him a favor by sending him his package PRIOR to getting payment. What do I get in return for it? My business slandered into the ground. For those that think my orders are getting seized in canada:

Tracking no.: 422610101035

It was sent on the 2nd, delivered on the 3rd straight into canada. Draw your own conclusions. Even if customs refuses a package, they send it back to us and a customer gets a refund. It's not like they don't get their money back.

Mike

#71 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

Tracking number: 422610101002

Sent on the 2nd, arrived on the 4th into canada

#72 boris

• 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

I would like to testify that I have just successfully received a shipment order from Mike at SmartPowders.

I placed my order at around 2AM PST on September 2nd and the order arrived at Victoria, Canada today, September 4th at 10AM. All contents of the order are here, along with copies of COAs for all products shipped.

This means that his shipment cleared Canadian Customs and was delivered way faster than my recent orders from 1fast400. Regarding the quality of the product, I cannot yet make any comments, except for the fact that everything is packaged well and appears legitimate.

Thanks for the great service, Mike! Hope that I found a reliable and fast source for my racetams supply.

P.S. If you want me to testify anywhere else, I will gladly consider registering on other forums. I understand that this niche business is heavily dependent on reputation within the community, and I don’t want to lose the few options for nootropics sources I have right now.

#73 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

I would like to testify that I have just successfully received a shipment order from Mike at SmartPowders.

I placed my order at around 2AM PST on September 2nd and the order arrived at Victoria, Canada today, September 4th at 10AM. All contents of the order are here, along with copies of COAs for all products shipped.

This means that his shipment cleared Canadian Customs and was delivered way faster than my recent orders from 1fast400. Regarding the quality of the product, I cannot yet make any comments, except for the fact that everything is packaged well and appears legitimate.

Thanks for the great service, Mike! Hope that I found a reliable and fast source for my racetams supply.

P.S. If you want me to testify anywhere else, I will gladly consider registering on other forums. I understand that this niche business is heavily dependent on reputation within the community, and I don't want to lose the few options for nootropics sources I have right now.

Since you're a first time poster, could you provide some substantive evidence to support the veracity of your claims? I'm inclined to believe that this anecdote is completely false, and a sloppy attempt at reputational repair.

Edited by Rol82, 04 September 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#74 boris

• 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

P.S. If you want me to testify anywhere else, I will gladly consider registering on other forums. I understand that this niche business is heavily dependent on reputation within the community, and I don't want to lose the few options for nootropics sources I have right now.

Since you're a first time poster, could you provide some substantive evidence to support the veracity of your claims? I'm inclined to believe that this anecdote is completely false, and a sloppy attempt at reputational repair.

Substantive evidence? Would you like a picture of the package, all its contents, with my full name on it and my home address? And perhaps scans of my passport as well?

I'm not willing to sacrifice my privacy to support a testimonial I wrote as a customer. As a first time buyer, I was really impressed with the service Mike provided and would like to have the ability to use his services in future, and not see him go out of business because of some overhyped drama. That's the only interest I have in this. Otherwise, I haven't even spoken to Mike personally.

I registered on this forum in order to get in contact with Isochroma, since I saw his note about SP on his site and, having ordered from there the day before, wanted to get more information on what's going on. I did not expect to be so unwelcomed and get hassled to justify myself.

#75 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

Today I called Fedex Canada. They told me the package being held has now been removed from their bonded warehouse by Canada Customs and they are no longer receiving any information. They cannot do anything anymore. I called Customs but they were already closed.

Now that the shipment is seized it is highly unlikely to be returned to me, which will spell the permanent end of my business with Smart Powders.

As Canada Customs says on their site,

"The CBSA operates a customs investigations program to deal with suspected cases of duty evasion, smuggling, fraud and other offences against laws enforced by customs."

This case is a prime example of fraud - a package declared as worth $40 USD when it is actually worth $148.96 USD. Customs is angry because they have seen a repeat offender, and now they are even less likely to ever release the shipment. It will likely be destroyed, and with that destruction I will ensure the destruction of other things, those things and people who through their actions were responsible for my loss.

To repeat: this second detention, as well as the first, was not an accident. It was not something random. The sender, a certain individual whose business goes by the name Smart Powders, wrote false and fraudulent values on both the shipments. There is a digital copy in the possession of Federal Express, and also Canada Customs, with $40 USD written on it. That is the paper that was filed, and that is why the shipment is now in a dungeon at Canada Customs waiting its turn to be shovelled into their incinerator.

Edited by Isochroma, 05 September 2009 - 12:20 AM.

#76 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

I figured out a cure.

As of today, the PayPal payment still has not been withdrawn from my bank account.

So tomorrow I will withdraw every cent from that account and close it :) There will be no money for Smart Powders.

I'll open a new account at some other bank or a different account number at that bank, and open a new PayPal account for it. This way, I won't be burned at all. There will be no way to ever get that money. It will be in my pocket, where it should have stayed in the first place.

That is the price a fraudulent business pays. I call that Justice.

The best part is absolutely nobody can stop me from doing it. And I will do it. Tomorrow.

And if the shipment actually arrives, then I'll send a cheque to him.

Edited by Isochroma, 04 September 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#77 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

Reflecting on how business is done in this business-run society, I came up with a new way of doing these transactions - long-distance, high risk ones.

How it works is the Customer sends a payment for a product on his first order, then the seller sends the product.

On the second order, the Customer requests a product and the seller sends it first. When the product arrives the payment is sent to the seller.

On the third order, the roles are again reversed - the Customer sends the payment first, then the shipper sends the product. For every order after that, the roles keep alternating. Remember, the risk is always taken by the actor who sends his valuable first, whether money or product. He loses immediately with only a hope of receiving compensation in the future.

That way, instead of the Customer always taking the risk, the risk is alternately taken by both.

That is fair, that is Justice.

Edited by Isochroma, 05 September 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#78 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:16 AM

Substantive evidence? Would you like a picture of the package, all its contents, with my full name on it and my home address? And perhaps scans of my passport as well?

I'm not willing to sacrifice my privacy to support a testimonial I wrote as a customer. As a first time buyer, I was really impressed with the service Mike provided and would like to have the ability to use his services in future, and not see him go out of business because of some overhyped drama. That's the only interest I have in this. Otherwise, I haven't even spoken to Mike personally.

I registered on this forum in order to get in contact with Isochroma, since I saw his note about SP on his site and, having ordered from there the day before, wanted to get more information on what's going on. I did not expect to be so unwelcomed and get hassled to justify myself.

Well, since you wrote your entry 24 minutes after Mike--the owner of the enterprise in question--and like Isochroma, also happen to be from the province of British Columbia, I believe my suspicion is warranted. It also doesn't help that the tone of your entry is in stark contrast to that of the detractors. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone affiliated with Smart Powders registered for an account for the sole purpose of limiting the damage of the revelations of Isochroma. Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but I doubt I'm not the only one to be doubtful of the authenticity of your testimonial. It reeks of collaboration and deception. As for evidence, why not offer the tracking number for your package? That would hardly be compromising.

#79 sirlordford

• 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Isochroma, I'm not going to argue the details of your experience with Smart Powders but you sound delusional.

/just sayin

#80 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

Isochroma, I'm not going to argue the details of your experience with Smart Powders but you sound delusional.

/just sayin

Wow, another new user attempting to discredit one of Smart Powders' detractors. This is starting to appear formulaic.

#81 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

/just sayin

Wow, another new user attempting to discredit one of Smart Powders' detractors. This is starting to appear formulaic.

#82 boris

• 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:51 AM

What's Your game, Rol82?

I'm starting to get irritated with all your naive accusations. How would You feel in my position? Please think about that. And tell me how You don't sound like a competitor trying to sabotage your competition?

I don't think I owe you any justification or proof, since I really don't care what You think about me, but I do care for the fact that you're misleading other people about a source that I would like to keep using in future.

Don't expect me to reply to you anymore. I don't have time for this and I'm tired of your rudeness.

#83 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

Well, after reading this thread I've come to one conclusion: Smartpowders the company is not to be trusted on their word.

But, have I told you something new? Would you trust any internet company on their word or because some guy called Mike M posts in your forum?

Business can't just be about relying on someone's word alone, and while I'd like believe that Smartpowders and their CHINESE suppliers are honest... well... you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical.

So, here are the facts:

1. When asked for a COA, Mike M has in previous threads lambasted everyone who chimed in to mention how important it was to them.

2. Knowing that the tide was against him Mike M mentioned that his company Smartpowders would start supplying COA's with every product.

3. These COA's are, in my opinion, fraudulent and misrepresentative. They are simply pieces of paper with figures on them. There's no mention of the laboratory that carried out the analysis, or anyway to contact them. It has been suggested by another poster that these are simply the COA's provided by the Chinese manufacturers themselves, a very clear, very important, conflict of interest.

Overall, this company is currently offering the best deals on these products. However, you have to ask, how important is your overall health? No nootropic is going to be doing you any good if it's laced with neurotoxic lead (type "lead china manufacturing" into google news, don't take my word for it).

#84 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

What's Your game, Rol82?

I'm starting to get irritated with all your naive accusations. How would You feel in my position? Please think about that. And tell me how You don't sound like a competitor trying to sabotage your competition?

I don't think I owe you any justification or proof, since I really don't care what You think about me, but I do care for the fact that you're misleading other people about a source that I would like to keep using in future.

Don't expect me to reply to you anymore. I don't have time for this and I'm tired of your rudeness.

What's my game? Besides being over-educated and depressingly underemployed, I'm concerned about consumer safety. I'm also concerned about companies capitalizing on vulnerable and impressionable individuals. You're certainly welcome to continue purchasing supplements from Smart Powders, but given the contents of this thread, and the legitimate concerns of some of the posters, I implore you to exercise caution.

Edited by Rol82, 05 September 2009 - 05:16 AM.

#85 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

Well, after reading this thread I've come to one conclusion: Smartpowders the company is not to be trusted on their word.

But, have I told you something new? Would you trust any internet company on their word or because some guy called Mike M posts in your forum?

Business can't just be about relying on someone's word alone, and while I'd like believe that Smartpowders and their CHINESE suppliers are honest... well... you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical.

So, here are the facts:

1. When asked for a COA, Mike M has in previous threads lambasted everyone who chimed in to mention how important it was to them.

2. Knowing that the tide was against him Mike M mentioned that his company Smartpowders would start supplying COA's with every product.

3. These COA's are, in my opinion, fraudulent and misrepresentative. They are simply pieces of paper with figures on them. There's no mention of the laboratory that carried out the analysis, or anyway to contact them. It has been suggested by another poster that these are simply the COA's provided by the Chinese manufacturers themselves, a very clear, very important, conflict of interest.

Overall, this company is currently offering the best deals on these products. However, you have to ask, how important is your overall health? No nootropic is going to be doing you any good if it's laced with neurotoxic lead (type "lead china manufacturing" into google news, don't take my word for it).

The sad state of affairs with NAFTA, CAFTA, etc. and since as well all of the industrial contamination de-regulations uplifted from the burden of responsibility of large corporate industry instated by the Bill Clinton administration years ago (also responsible for the unethical and barbaric dismantling of the Glass-Steagall Act which is why we are in the grand and irrevocable fiscal mess we are in today), most all of the raw materials for ALL NOOTROPICS from ALL ENTITIES are sourced from China, not only Nootropics but most supplements in general....Companies like AOR and LEF and VRP source most of their raw materials from China as well! There's no safe haven and COA's all around are ultimately requisite tokens of meaninglessness......We are all taking a gamble with nearly every supplement we purchase in the end........

Edited by Mortuorum, 05 September 2009 - 08:44 AM.

#86 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

The COA's on the smartpowders website show http://rtp-labs.com/
It would be good if someone local could contact them

#87 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

What's Your game, Rol82?

What do you mean your position? Your position as a first-time poster with no record around here, unknown to anyone, whose writing sounds a lot like Mike M's? Rol82 isn't misleading anyone, and he sure as hell isn't being naive. Thanks for the tracking number though.

#88 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

My history is I've been buying Piracetam for a year already - from eBay sellers and from Bulk Nutrition.

Until I started ordering from Smart Powders, not one shipment from any other supplier was held or confiscated. All the troubles began when I ordered from Smart Powders.

Now, Canada Customs isn't God, so they haven't been - and don't have the ability - to stop all packages from this business even if they are misdeclared. The actual record for Smart Powders deliveries to me is that, out of my four (4) orders so far, two (2) have been held by Customs.

That's an interdiction rate of 50% - with no loss so far because I spent many days on the phone and made many faxes to get the first interdicted order released. The currently-interdicted order's fate is yet to be decided.

Before those orders, I have a log of nine (9) orders from eBay suppliers and Bulk Nutrition. Not a single one of those orders was held or confiscated: a 100% delivery rate is what his predecessors achieved. Those nine orders were for the same product too: Piracetam.

Sure, the cost was higher because their prices were higher. Apparently their documentation standards were also higher. The old saying that 'you get what you pay for' seems applicable to this case as the evidence indicates.

I would be happy to go back to those good old days and order with confidence. Indeed, there are still independent Piracetam suppliers on eBay.

Edited by Isochroma, 05 September 2009 - 07:41 PM.

#89 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Isochroma, Mike M claimed that you called customs and told them the package was worth $200. Where'd that come from? The same place the $40 came from, or is that for real? You've repeatedly said it was $148.96 here. Just curious.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#90 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

My history is I've been buying Piracetam for a year already - from eBay sellers and from Bulk Nutrition.

Until I started ordering from Smart Powders, not one shipment from any other supplier was held or confiscated. All the troubles began when I ordered from Smart Powders.

Now, Canada Customs isn't God, so they haven't been - and don't have the ability - to stop all packages from this business even if they are misdeclared. The actual record for Smart Powders deliveries to me is that, out of my four (4) orders so far, two (2) have been held by Customs.

That's an interdiction rate of 50% - with no loss so far because I spent many days on the phone and made many faxes to get the first interdicted order released. The currently-interdicted order's fate is yet to be decided.

Before those orders, I have a log of nine (9) orders from eBay suppliers and Bulk Nutrition. Not a single one of those orders was held or confiscated: a 100% delivery rate is what his predecessors achieved. Those nine orders were for the same product too: Piracetam.

Sure, the cost was higher because their prices were higher. Apparently their documentation standards were also higher. The old saying that 'you get what you pay for' seems applicable to this case as the evidence indicates.

I would be happy to go back to those good old days and order with confidence. Indeed, there are still independent Piracetam suppliers on eBay.

To further bolster Isochroma's claims, I'm wondering if any established members on this forum have had any problems with international shipping? If someone could also find some way to confirm that the products of Smart Powders have been tested by RTP Labs, that would also be illuminating. I may begin an inquiry myself.

Edited by Rol82, 05 September 2009 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users