• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

"Share to Win"

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 Oliver_R

• 74 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Absolutely. And yes, replies is the same as comments as far as I know - sounds like the site will use some special software to count unique users at the end, so unless someone has any suggestions we can't even know if we are in the lead definitely.

#62 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

What do you all think of the idea of offering a copy of ending aging to the 2000th unique commenter? If somebody thinks is a good idea, then offer up the book and post a comment about it in the 3 bannana sens entry. You could then link back to a topic about it in the methuselah foundation forums or here at imminst. I would go with here at imminst. It might even generate some more cross promotion. The only thing is that Im just not sure if we would be able to tell exactly who the 2000th unique commenter would be.

#63 Oliver_R

• 74 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

What do you all think of the idea of offering a copy of ending aging to the 2000th unique commenter? If somebody thinks is a good idea, then offer up the book and post a comment about it in the 3 bannana sens entry. You could then link back to a topic about it in the methuselah foundation forums or here at imminst. I would go with here at imminst. It might even generate some more cross promotion. The only thing is that Im just not sure if we would be able to tell exactly who the 2000th unique commenter would be.

yes, I think it would be hard to know and just saying the "2000th comment" might encourage people to double post etc; not sure. Also, I suppose if someone is looking at the SENS page on the 3banana site then they have presumably commented or are going to anyway. I have to go to bed now, but if you want to try the idea anyway (for whatever post number) I can organise a book for the winner. I think the best thing is for everyone just to keep posting about it anywhere they can think of -- I have done various FB groups but there must be some I hadn't thought of. It is also worth PMing administrators of groups to ask them to pm all their members. Hoping to see good news when I get up tomorrow...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 s123

• Topic Starter
  • Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

Only a few hours left, vote now!!!!

#65 s123

• Topic Starter
  • Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

http://3banana.com/m/0JQ/-kDPA_iEv7i

Edited by s123, 27 September 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#66 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

1986 for SENS and 1981 for LAHHouse... SENS is up ONLY 5 comments! Just in the last 2 minutes LAHHouse climbed a good number of comments. Their last ditch drive is working... ours not so much. Getting my wife and dad to vote in a few moments (although both just laugh at the idea).

#67 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

I'm sure the blow-by-blow is getting old... but we are no longer in first place! 1995 for SENS and 1997 for LAHHouse on my last check. Of course we won't know the true tally of "unique" votes until it is over, so for now we must take what is show for total replies as the real deal.

#68 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

Alright then Orlando, this isnt ideal, but lets do it like this then:

If we are able to obtain a list of unique commenters when this is all said and done, then Orlando will send out a free copy of the book 'Ending Aging, the rejuvenation breakthroughs that could reverse human aging in our lifetime, by Dr. Aubrey de Grey with Michael Rae' to the 2,000th unique commenter.

Heres a copy and paste set up for anybody interested in sending this out in their continued contacts for the rest of the day:

Message from Aubrey:

"Hi everyone,

My friend Steve Brown, a major SENS supporter who used to run Health Hero Network, is donating $10,000 to five charities on the basis of the number of comments they get at the site. Comment on SENS Foundation here:

http://bit.ly/sensf

Thanks!"

Message from the Advocates & Researchers for Unlimited Lifespans at imminst.org:

If we are able to obtain a list of unique commenters when this is all said and done, then we will send out a free copy of the book 'Ending Aging, the rejuvenation breakthroughs that could reverse human aging in our lifetime, by Dr. Aubrey de Grey with Michael Rae' to the 2,000th unique commenter.

#69 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:12 AM

Just got the wife to vote.

We are now down by 10 comments.

Remember only 1 comment/vote per person. Yes, there are dozens of ways to cheat and get away with it, but lets win it fair. Everyone please get a least one friend or family member to vote.

#70 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

I think the "NEWS: Support SENSF in "Share to Win" text of the banner link at the top should be changed to stress that this is the LAST DAY!

Edited by frankbuzin, 28 September 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#71 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm sure the blow-by-blow is getting old...

Our cells are getting old, the fight to stop them can never get old.

lets win it fair.

Good reminder. Every momemt spent trying to sneak in duplicate comments to try to help it win will only be harming it, because all those moments could have been spent with us working to get more people to comment right now. It says right in the 3bannana site there that they take out all comments from unique viewers over 1, and bot generated comments.

#72 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

Can Imminst please send the damn mass email/PM/whatever already? Currently, SENSF is losing and the gap is widening!

Edited by Florin Clapa, 28 September 2009 - 12:30 AM.

#73 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

BTW, the 2000 comment mark was already reached. So, I recommend dropping the book bonus, keep the message simple, and send it ASAP.

#74 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:46 AM

lets win it fair.

Good reminder. Every momemt spent trying to sneak in duplicate comments to try to help it win will only be harming it, because all those moments could have been spent with us working to get more people to comment right now. It says right in the 3bannana site there that they take out all comments from unique viewers over 1, and bot generated comments.

Well yes, I'm sure I could easily vote from one of the boxes I'm RDP'd into now over my work VPN connection using one of my many throw away email addresses and they would not be the wiser... but I prefer we win it fairly.

We are now down 32 comments!

#75 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:56 AM

Looks like Imminst finally sent the mass email. Thanks.

#76 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:39 AM

I hate when this kind of thing doesn't specify which time zone it will be decided in.

#77 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:59 AM

I hate when this kind of thing doesn't specify which time zone it will be decided in.

It is Pacific, so from the time of this post (00:59 EDT) we have just at 2hrs left.

Edited by frankbuzin, 28 September 2009 - 05:00 AM.

#78 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

I just checked and we are slightly ahead, but that could change in mere minutes... and there is just short of 2 hours remaining.

Aubrey's latest wall post just after midnight EDT:

Hi everyone,

All day today, we've been just fractionally ahead of the competing cause in 3banana's "Share to Win" challenge. We still are... but really fractionally, just half a dozen votes, despite having added several hundred votes today. There are still nearly three hours to go - voting ends at midnight Pacific time. Thus: everyone who sees this in time: please, if you haven't already done so, take the few seconds necessary to register your support for SENS at this page:

and help our cause to secure not only $5,000 but also a slew of gret free publicity and promotion. The more we are supported, the more we will be communicating to major donors the legitimacy and popularity of the crusade against aging. Please don't delay. Thanks so much!

Cheers, Aubrey

#79 Oliver_R

• 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

2 hours to go -- we still cannot even be sure we are winning - last push needed!

#80 Oliver_R

• 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

2 hours to go -- we still cannot even be sure we are winning - last push needed!

I meant : 2 hours to go

Edited by orlando, 28 September 2009 - 05:15 AM.

#81 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:06 AM

Time's up!
or one more hour?

Edited by AgeVivo, 28 September 2009 - 06:08 AM.

#82 Anthony

• Guest, F@H
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

Time's up!

I think there is still one hour to go. It's only 11:00 P.M. PST.

#83 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

I see SENS: 2485 vs. LAHH: 2331 at 12:00am PST.

#84 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

Yay!

#85 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Seven last minutes. then this thread can be moved/deleted to avoid many threads for one subject

#86 captainbeefheart

• Guest, F@H
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Have duplicate votes been taken into account, we do appear to have more comments but I think that includes any duplicates people might have done, there must be some in there I suspect? Though I don;t know that for sure, just seems logical that there would be.

#87 Anthony

• Guest, F@H
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

Have duplicate votes been taken into account, we do appear to have more comments but I think that includes any duplicates people might have done, there must be some in there I suspect? Though I don;t know that for sure, just seems logical that there would be.

It is likely that both groups have duplicates. I don't use Twitter; does anyone know what the final, untabulated score is?

#88 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

http://www.twitter.com/3banana[url="http://"http://twitter.com/3banana""]@3banana[/url] The #sharetowin results are extremely close & we have some validity checks to do before announcing the winners. http://bit.ly/sharetowinabout 9 hours ago from web

http://bit.ly/sharetowinabout [more]

Edited by rwac, 28 September 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#89 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Looks like they will announce the official winner on September 30th. Apparently it is too close to call. No doubt they will disqualify a few comments.

#90 Oliver_R

• 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

Looks like they will announce the official winner on September 30th. Apparently it is too close to call. No doubt they will disqualify a few.

30th!!! why?? Who says?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users