Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Chronopause Blog

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#91 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

Figure 1: Enkidu, Alcor/Cryovita canine total body washout (TBW) # 2. At top, Enkidu lies chilled to ~5â—‹C, his blood replaced with a specially designed preservative solution (perfusate), near the end of his 4-hours of cold, bloodless perfusion. The perfusate … Continue reading

View the full article

#92 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

Figure 1: The Alcor facility in Riverside, California at night in June of 1987. The Scope of the Progress Included in what was achieved by Alcor from ~ 1982 to 1990, for an estimated total of $1,772,081 in 2010 dollars, … Continue reading

View the full article

#93 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

By Mike Darwin Sex and Aging It is so common place as to be almost axiomatic. The ‘rake’ or ‘slut’ who, in middle or old age, has become not merely transformed into a moralistic prude, but is completely unable to … Continue reading

View the full article

#94 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

You got a fast car I want a ticket to anywhere Maybe we make a deal Maybe together we can get somewhere –Tracy Chapman By Mike Darwin The mAD Men Cryonics has a history, beginning at almost Day 1, of … Continue reading

View the full article

#95 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

Figure 1: Chronosphere performance data from 29 June through 28 Jul, 2011. The large bump up in views on 07-29-2011 represents the effect of the posting of Robert Ettinger’s passing into cryopreservation and the impact from targeted mailings of a … Continue reading

View the full article

#96 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

By Mike Darwin I used to love science fiction. The trouble is that it simply became too believable to be any fun anymore. Space travel? Sure, everybody knows that’s possible, and thanks to Industrial Light & Magic, we all know … Continue reading

View the full article

#97 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

By Mike Darwin I promised a ‘Science Fiction, ‘Double Feature,’ so here is the second story. It has a lot of images and a number discrete ideas, so it will unfold in several parts to allow the reader the luxury … Continue reading

View the full article

#98 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Introduction & Tour of the Alcor-B Foundation’s Mobile, Arizona Patient Care Facility & Existential Colony  Address given to Alcor-B Foundation Cryopreservation Members and Staff 15 September, 2012 By Gorton Carpenter, M.D., Ph.D., President of the Alcor-B Foundation Alcor-B Cryopreservation Research … Continue reading

View the full article

#99 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Introduction & Tour of the Alcor-B Foundation’s Mobile, Arizona Patient Care Facility & Existential Colony  Address given to Alcor-B Foundation Cryopreservation Members and Staff Alcor-B Cryopreservation Research Foundation (ABCRF) 15 September, 2012 By Gorton Carpenter, M.D., Ph.D., President of the … Continue reading

View the full article

#100 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

“Life is a gamble, a game we all play, But you need to save something for a rainy day. Don’t put it all on the line for just one roll You’ve got to have an ace in the hole. No … Continue reading

View the full article

#101 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

Figure 1: Roulette is how almost everyone thinks of cryonics in terms of it being a gamble. The odds are what they are, they slim and they are heavily weighted in the House’s favor. In fact, nothing could be further … Continue reading

View the full article

#102 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-24997258-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); Figure … Continue reading

View the full article

#103 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

Ray Kurzweil with a portrait of his father. “It’s as if you took a lot of very good food and some dog excrement and blended it all up so that you can’t possibly figure out what’s good or bad. It’s … Continue reading

View the full article

#104 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Calorie Restriction: First You Starve and Then You Die (Horribly) Figure 1: Supercentenarians in “extreme old age”:  Jeane Calmette, 121; Ingeborg Mestad, 110; Walter Breuning, 114; Marie-Louise Meilleur, 117. There’s a proven technique in animals for reaching the maximum … Continue reading

View the full article

#105 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes I all alone beweep my outcast state, And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries, And look upon myself, and curse my fate, Wishing me like to one more rich in hope, … Continue reading

View the full article

#106 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

By Mike Darwin First, Try to Make it to the Mean For the past two months I’ve been asking people I encounter in public places[1] the question, “How old do you think you’ll live to be?” The answer I get … Continue reading

View the full article

#107 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Figure 1: Ancel Keys (January 26, 1904 – November 20, 2004) was the American physiologist and epidemiology of cardiovascular disease (CVD). He was responsible for two famous diets: K-rations formulated as balanced meals with a long shelf life for combat … Continue reading

View the full article

#108 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

The Adventist Health Studies Figure 1: Survival of California Adventist men (1980-1988) and other California men (1985) beyond the age of 30 years. The difference between the 2 groups was significant (P,.001). These were non-Hispanic white subjects. Hazards for 1989 … Continue reading

View the full article

#109 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes I all alone beweep my outcast state, And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries, And look upon myself, and curse my fate, Wishing me like to one more rich in hope, … Continue reading

View the full article

#110 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

By Mike Darwin   It’s astounding; Time is fleeting; Madness takes its toll. But listen closely… Not for very much longer. I’ve got to keep control. I remember doing the time-warp Drinking those moments when The Blackness would hit me … Continue reading

View the full article

#111 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

By Mike Darwin  Show: “Castle” Season: 4 Episode: 3, “Head Case” Air Date: 10/03/11 Series Creator: Andrew W. Marlowe Writer: David Grae Characters: Rick Castle, Kate Beckett Location: Los Angeles, CA Photos Credit: ABC/Adam Taylor “Castle” Stars: Nathan Fillion as … Continue reading

View the full article

#112 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Table of Contents Introduction………………………………………………………………………………………………………. 6 Table of Abbreviations, Symbols and Acronyms………………………………………….. 9 Section I: Introducing Liquid Assisted Pulmonary Cooling………………………… 14 Liquid Assisted Pulmonary Cooling in Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation, Introduction ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. 15 Hypothermia as an Active Therapeutic Agent ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. 17 The … Continue reading

View the full article

#113 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Section 2: Experimental Studies to Determine the Effectiveness of LAPC under Laboratory Conditions Experimental Studies to Determine the Effectiveness of LAPC under Laboratory Conditions  [This section is an edited version of an article authored by Steven B. Harris, Michael G. … Continue reading

View the full article

#114 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

Section 3: Perfluorchemicals (PFCs)     Figure 3-1: Fluorine and carbon; the two building blocks of the remarkable molecules knows as the perflurochemicals (PFC)s. Physical Chemistry and Synthesis Perfluorchemicals (PFCs) are derived from hydrocarbons by replacing hydrogen atoms with fluorine … Continue reading

View the full article

#115 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

by Michael Darwin, Jerry Leaf, Hugh L. Hixon I.    Introduction                                   II.   Materials and Methods III   Effects of Glycerolization IV.  Gross Effects of Cooling to and Rewarming From -196°C I. INTRODUCTION The  immediate  goal  of human cryopreservation  is  to  use  current … Continue reading

View the full article

#116 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

IV. EFFECTS OF CRYOPRESERVATION ON THE HISTOLOGY OF SELECTED TISSUES (Liver and Kidneys) Histology was evaluated in two animals each from the FIG and FIGP groups, and in one control animal.  Only brain histology was evaluated in the straight-frozen control … Continue reading

View the full article

#117 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

I have been traveling, or here at Krell House in Northern Arizona, since 24 December of 2011, and have had virtually no access to the Internet, or to long distance telephony during that time. Additionally, communicating with the world via … Continue reading

View the full article

#118 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

IV. EFFECTS OF CRYOPRESERVATION ON THE HISTOLOGY OF SELECTED TISSUES (Left Ventricle and Cerebral Cortex) Left Ventricle Figure 43: The myofibrils of each cardiac muscle cell are branched and contain a single nucleus. The branches interlock with those of adjacent … Continue reading

View the full article

#119 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

By Mike Darwin I think every cryonicist carries in his head his own unique model of the “future of cryonics.” Furthermore, I think that each individual cryonicist carries around a largely arbitrary and unique set of standards, rules and … Continue reading

View the full article

#120 Mike Darwin

• 164 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

By Mike Darwin Left: Science Fiction writer Fred Pohl. Predicting the future is a tough business. It is an especially tough business when it is proposed  that the prediction be highly specific and technically accurate. Say, akin to predicting the … Continue reading

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users