Best Supplements to Stimulate Neurotrophic Factors

gdnf bdnf ngf

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Honestly,

7,8-dihydroxyflavone looked really interesting from the abstract... and I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to get in bulk considering it's a flavonoid and common in plants.

http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/jm101206p
also:

We have successfully identified 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone that displays higher TrkB agonistic activity than that of the lead. This novel compound also exhibits a more robust and longer TrkB activation effect in animals. Consequently, this new compound reveals more potent antiapoptotic activity. Interestingly, chronic oral administration of 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead strongly promotes neurogenesis in dentate gyrus and demonstrates marked antidepressant effects. Hence, our data support that the synthetic 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead both are orally bioavailable TrkB agonists and possess potent antidepressant effects.

A more potent synthetic analog...

I've been meaning to obtain that compound. It looks really like a "reset" button for the limbic system. If you have any ideas let me know.
http://www.longecity...3-4-days-study/

#92 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Noopept increases levels of BNDF and NGF

Mechanistically, single doses of noopept at 0.5mg/kg (as well as 28 days of chronic dosing at the same dose) noted increases in both NGF and BNDF mRNA concentrations in the rat hippocampus, with a greater relative increase in NGF and no apparent tolerance developing over 28 days.[13] The authors hypothesized that the increase in these factors (neurotrophin factors) is associated with chronic improvement in memory associated with Noopept, as some trials noted greater improvements following chronic dosing (rats[14] and humans[4]) while neurotrophins are known to be associated with long-term memory enhancement.[15] (Examine)

I am not sure which would stimulate NGF the fastest however, my guess is that exercise should improve our objectives ( memory, longevity, etc) greater than any of these. However, I much prefer a combo of exercise diet and supplements!
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Ruth

• 114 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

https://www.thieme-c.../s-0033-1336533 "Neuritogenic Effects of Cannabinoids with Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) on PC12 Cells" "Cannabis (Cannabis sativa) commonly known as marijuana has been used for a variety of recreational, religious, and medicinal purposes across diverse cultures. Cannabinoids, the major terpenophenolic psychoactive constituents of cannabis, have shown a broad spectrum of pharmacological effects and potential for treatment of chronic pain and neurological diseases. Recent reports have emphasized the role of the cannabinoid system, including cannabinoid receptors and endocannabinoids, in neuroprotection and stimulation of neurogenesis. The neurotropic and neuritogenic potential of cannabinoids were investigated in vitro on PC-12 cells, a cell line derived from a pheochromocytoma of the rat adrenal medulla. PC12 cells stop dividing and terminally differentiate when treated with neurotrophins like Nerve Growth Factor (NGF). This makes PC12 cells useful as a model system for neuronal differentiation. NeuroScreen 1 (NS-1), a sub-clone of PC12 cells with high sensitivity to neuritogenic effects of NGF, was employed in this study. The effects of cannabinoids on neuritic outgrowth in NS-1 cells were evaluated alone and in the presence of suboptimal concentrations of NGF. Quantification of neuritogenesis was performed by analysis of digital cell images for average numbers of neuritis/cells, neuritic nodes/cell and average length of the neurites. Several cannabinoids namely, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), Δ8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), cannabinol (CBN), cannabigerol (CBG), tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), cannabigerolic Acid (CBGA) and and non-cannabinoid cannabis constituent canniflavin-A were tested. The cannabinoids namely, Δ9-THC (1), CBN (2) and a non-cannabinoid canniflavin-A (3) significantly induced NGF-stimulated neuritic outgrowth in the NS-1 cells. Canniflavin-A was observed to be the most potent among the compounds tested. Understanding the mechanism for neurotrophic action of these compounds and identification of target signal transduction pathways shall be important in their further evaluation as potential neurotrophic agents and their potential application in treatment of neurodegenerative diseases."
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#94 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Honestly,

7,8-dihydroxyflavone looked really interesting from the abstract... and I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to get in bulk considering it's a flavonoid and common in plants.

http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/jm101206p
also:

We have successfully identified 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone that displays higher TrkB agonistic activity than that of the lead. This novel compound also exhibits a more robust and longer TrkB activation effect in animals. Consequently, this new compound reveals more potent antiapoptotic activity. Interestingly, chronic oral administration of 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead strongly promotes neurogenesis in dentate gyrus and demonstrates marked antidepressant effects. Hence, our data support that the synthetic 4′-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead both are orally bioavailable TrkB agonists and possess potent antidepressant effects.

A more potent synthetic analog...

I've been meaning to obtain that compound. It looks really like a "reset" button for the limbic system. If you have any ideas let me know.
http://www.longecity...3-4-days-study/

I've been using 7,8-dihydroxyflavone 100 mg and it's been making an impressive difference in my neurogenesis stack for my damaged nerves. It seems to be one of the more potent BDNF chemicals out there.

"

Transl Neurodegener. 2016; 7,8-dihydroxyflavone, a small molecular TrkB agonist, is useful for treating various BDNF-implicated human disorders.

“...fully mimics the physiological actions of BDNF from neuronal survival, synpatogenesis, axonal regeneration etc. Notably, it is orally bioactive and is safe for chronic treatment... “

Psychiatry Investig. 2016 Sep;13(5):531-540. Epub 2016 Apr 6.

“CONCLUSION:
7,8-dihydroxyflavone was beneficial for both depression and anxiety-like behaviors, and may exert fast-onset antidepressant effects. “

“Treatments with either small-molecule trkB agonist enhanced axon regeneration and muscle reinnervation after peripheral nerve injuries. “

“Moreover, 7,8-DHF inhibited the loss of hippocampal synapses, restored synapse number and synaptic plasticity, and prevented memory deficits. These results suggest that 7,8-DHF represents a novel oral bioactive therapeutic agent for treating AD.

“Our results thus confirm a critical role for TrkB signaling activation by 7,8-DHF in preventing age-related declines in fear learning and memory and strongly suggest a potential usefulness for 7,8-DHF or a TrkB agonist in reversing age-related memory impairment. “

J Neurochem. 2012 Aug;122(4):800-11

“Taken together, our results suggest that 7,8-DHF can act in vivo to counteract aging-induced declines in spatial memory and synaptic plasticity and morphological changes of hippocampal neurons. The effect of 7,8-DHF is more pronounced in relatively younger impaired rats than in those of more advanced age. These findings demonstrate the reversal of age-dependent memory impairment by in vivo 7,8-DHF application and support the benefit of early treatment for cognitive aging. “

Muscle Nerve. 2012 Feb;45(2):274-6.

“The small molecule 7,8-DHF may constitute a novel therapy to improve neuromuscular function. “

Am J Psychiatry. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2013 Sep 11.

“Moreover, 7,8-DHF may be an attractive agent for improving extinction and other emotional learning deficits associated with psychopathology in humans.

Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Feb 9;107(6):2687-92.

“Thus, 7,8-dihydroxyflavone imitates BDNF and acts as a robust TrkB agonist, providing a powerful therapeutic tool for the treatment of various neurological diseases.”

Neurochem Int. 2015 Oct;89:170-80. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2015.07.021.

“Here, evidence will be provided to support the potential of 7,8-DHF as a novel treatment for several neurodevelopmental disorders where the BDNF signalling pathway is implicated in the pathophysiology and where benefits are therefore most likely to be derived from its implementation. “"

#95 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

probably the best one are still the ones you can obtain without some lab in china.  examples: ginkgo, bacopa, turmeric, grapefruit.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#96 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

uhm if you are buying all the ones in supplement form that you mentioned there gamesguru, they are still coming from chinese labs, sorry to shock you

• WellResearched x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#97 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

I feel like this is BBB's most potent batch yet. Noopept feels nothing like the pure agonist effects of 7,8 DHF.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#98 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

I've been using 7,8-dihydroxyflavone 100 mg and it's been making an impressive difference in my neurogenesis stack for my damaged nerves. It seems to be one of the more potent BDNF chemicals out there.

What have you been stacking it with?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdnf, bdnf, ngf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users