* * * * * 3 votes

dihydromyricetin (DHM) as an alcohol intoxication blocker

dhm gaba alcohol

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

Seems like a lot of effort to scam $10 or so..
Maybe he died or went on holidays? :(
I've been looking for other sources. Looks like direct to China is the answer:

http://www.fuzing.co...ihydromyricetin
http://www.china-dir...omyricetin.html
http://www.alibaba.c...tin_90_95_.html
http://www.pharmaceu...ricetin-71.html

See my post at the top of this thread. Company was www.lyphar.com
I never took them up on their offer but $170 for 100g delivered didn´t seem too bad.
  • dislike x 1

#32 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

Seems like a lot of effort to scam $10 or so..
Maybe he died or went on holidays? :(
I've been looking for other sources. Looks like direct to China is the answer:

http://www.fuzing.co...ihydromyricetin
http://www.china-dir...omyricetin.html
http://www.alibaba.c...tin_90_95_.html
http://www.pharmaceu...ricetin-71.html

See my post at the top of this thread. Company was www.lyphar.com
I never took them up on their offer but $170 for 100g delivered didn´t seem too bad.

If anyone is reading this and is based in Sydney, if you would like to split 100g PM me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

I visited a factory in Hunan with about a 100 kilos in their warehouse. They extracted it on spec, but hadn't found a buyer. FWIW, myricetin also seems to work but perhaps more is needed.

#34 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Boff and I are field testing this tonight. So far reasonable sobriety and somewhat tight stomach at 600mg. :)

#35 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Follow up from the next morning:
Slept like a baby and woke up feeling very relaxed, clear headed and awesome!

The previous night's 'tight stomach' was an acid/base reaction to my meal/beverages and maybe DHM - I was burping froth for some time after we called it a night.

It was a strange sensation - as the DHM kicked in, you could almost feel the alcohol buzz draining from the top of your head down. Initially, you feel semi-sober, but your muscles, etc are still buzzed. The feelings of alcohol-fueled confidence and silliness are still mostly there, but your higher faculties have returned, so you can make sensible decisions.

I was driving and Boff had a larger alcohol intake for testing, so he'll likely have some good descriptions. :)
  • like x 1

#36 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

OK. Repeat experiment.
With variables.

2L of beer + 2 shots + absinthe =

A significant challenger to 750mg of DHM.

PS. I'm pretty drunk right now, but I should be unconscious.

#37 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

No.. More.. Pie..

#38 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Anyone found a US source for this?

#39 CIMN

• Validating/Suspended
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

OK. Repeat experiment.
With variables.

so would this DHM prevent me from getting the effects of alcohol? i still want to get the good effects like less inhibition, slight drunkedness for socializing, but i am worried about neurotoxicity which is why i am interested in DHM..

#40 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

OK. Repeat experiment.
With variables.

so would this DHM prevent me from getting the effects of alcohol? i still want to get the good effects like less inhibition, slight drunkedness for socializing, but i am worried about neurotoxicity which is why i am interested in DHM..

To a point. If you get too drunk, it's much less effective. Moderate alcohol + DHM works pretty well.

#41 Colin Lowe

• 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi all, I have a quote of US$326.40 to have 1kg of dihydromyricetin 98%, extract from vine tea,delivered to Australia. Seems this is the minimum order the company will take, it works out very cheap per dose.

If anyone in Sydney or Australia want's to buy half let me know, I'm not that heavy a drinker lol.

Cheers

Colin
  • like x 1

#42 AdamDHM

• 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hello, I run the mentioned http://buydhm.com. I apologize that some of you did not receive a reply to your e-mails. I initially restricted sales to organizations that had positive plans for the product and simply received hundreds upon hundreds of e-mails from individuals which I unfortunately did not have time to answer.

We're now accepting orders from the general public and have published our price list. Dihydromyricetin is a very interesting and promising substance... as a guide I recommend people do not exceed 1g per dose, and a 450mg capsule tends to produce noticeable effects in virtually all individuals. Myself personally, my friends and colleagues, and my customers are all shocked by the initial feeling... your head straightens out, but the body buzz remains. It most certainly isn't an instant sober-drug, but it is obviously, undeniably effective.

It needs to be tested by more people under a wider variety of conditions rather than studied in a lab though. I have no doubt this will revolutionize the way people consume alcohol, I just hope big pharmaceutical/supplement companies don't get their claws into it and sell it under a brand name. This is already happening, many hangover-recovery products are emerging containing DHM but with no mention of it on the label. I would rather people knew what it was they were taking and that is why my partners and I decided to supply individuals. So yeah, if you want some, get in touch and I'll get it to you. The more people trying it out the merrier, provided you understand the potential risks with novel substances.

Cheers,
Adam

Edited by AdamDHM, 26 September 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#43 Cognizant

• 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Has anyone bought from this guy yet? I mean, the prices are great but, with all due respect, I am quite apprehensive about purchasing from an upstart site like this. I would like to hear some anecdotes.
  • like x 1

#44 evertr

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi, Im new to the forum, Im very interested in purchasing some DHM to try it out. Anyone tried buying from buydhm.com? Also has anyone tried hoveniaworld.com? Thanks!

#45 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

can this help for alcohol withdrawl, alcohol abstinence in any possible way ? as some have mentioned in earlier posts, its stupid as hell to inhibit the positve fun sedative effects of alcohol. maybe when you go for a drive i guess its good idea or for antidote to poisoning, but wtf seriously i doubt many people will enjoy taking it while drinking. what might make it super cool is if it can keep you off alcohol, maybe help withdrawl. any ideas ???

#46 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

I hear that someone buying in bulk from Kingherbs intends to introduce a beverage using DHM. I have no idea how it will be marketed.

The Chinese are using it in animal feed. Healthier animals. It appears to do more than just maintain sobriety. I would like to see a study of myricetin. It is less expensive than DHM, and likely has similar effects. Can anyone find anything?

ABSTRACT:

Dihydro Myricetin is a natural plant extract from a single plant - rattan tea additive. The clear structure of its active ingredients, the added amount of grams / ton overcome medicinal herbs and other plant extracts feed additives add large, the structure and function of the active ingredient is discussed The literature reports dihydromyricetin has antioxidant, antibacterial sterilization, cough and anti-inflammatory, liver protection, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, hangover hangover, anti-tumor, Cellulite, antihypertensive efficacy. The laboratory animal tests prove that it has antibacterial, improving immune function, promote animal growth and improve meat quality role.

二氢杨梅素是从单一植物-藤茶中提取的一种天然植物添加剂。其有效成分结构明确,添加量为克/吨级,克服了中草药及其他植物提取饲料添加剂添加量大、有效成分结构及功能不明确的缺陷。文献报道二氢杨梅素具有抗氧化、抑菌杀菌、止咳消炎、保肝护肝、抗炎、镇痛、解酒醒酒、抗肿瘤、消脂、抗高血压等功效。本实验室的动物试验证明其具有抗菌、提高免疫机能、促进动物生长和改善肉品质作用。

Study on Extraction of Dihydromyricetin in Ampelopsis Grossedentata and Its Micro-encapsulation

Posted on March 16, 2010 by China Papers
Abstract: Dihydromyricetin(DMY) is a kind offlavonoid, which has many prominentbiological activities, such as antioxidant、scavenging free radicals、antiinflammation、relieving cough、eliminating http://mt.china-papers.com/?p=109738phlegm、analgesia、bacteriostasis、anti-hypertension、descending fat、anticarcinogenic、protect the liver, etc. it has a abroad source,especially has a high content in Ampelopsis grossedentata dry tender leaves, inwhich it can reach to more than 30%(w/w). in this paper a series of extraction ofdihydromyricetih in Ampelopsis grossedentata and its micro-encapsulation werestudied.1. extraction of dihydromyricetinFrom the data of the experiments, we came to conclusion that the optimumparameters of the ultrasonic-assisted extraction ware as followed: the temperaturewas 40℃、the ethanol concentration was 65%、the liquid -to- solid rate was 18/1、the time was 40min.Compare to heat extraction and ultrasonic-assisted extraction, when the parametersunder the range of we chose, extract dihydromyricetin from Ampelopsisgrossedentata use supercritical CO_2 extraction technology was not show good.Use active carbon adsorption and recrystallization to purify dihydromyricetin, whenthe active carbon adding dosage reach to more than 2%, the purity of dihydromyricetin can reach to 95%.2. the acute toxicological evaluation and prevention and treatment of alcoholic liveri njury of dihydromyricetinThe effect of to acute toxicological evaluation and prevention and treatment of alcoholic liver injury was studied. The results showed that the toxicity ofdihydromyricetin is very low, the maximum tolerance dose to mouse is 5.0g/kg, and the dihydromyricetin has a significant protective effect on liver injury caused by alcohol.3. Micro-encapsulation of dihydromyricetin The microencapsulation technology with spray-drying was studied, the best formulafor spray-drying dihydromyricetin were as followed: dihydromyricetin and wallmaterials was 15/85, the ratio of gum arabia and maltodextrin was 70/30, thequantity of emulsifier was 0.25%.The optimum technology conditions of spray-drying obtained by experiments wereas followed: The temperature of entering wind was 190℃, the content of solids was20%, the pressure of spray jet was 2.0 kgf/cm~2….

#47 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Though this hasn't been tested, it occurred to me that based on its mode of action, it might also block or even 'cure' opiate addiction.

#48 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

cuz opiate addiction is related to gaba.... :dry:

#49 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

cuz opiate addiction is related to gaba.... :dry:

xactly.
FWIW, resveratrol has been found to block tolerance to opiates. I do not think it blocks GABA receptors like DHM.

Any junkies out there want to try these?
  • dislike x 1

#50 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

none of those will help opiate cravings. thats crazy talk. fact that none of you ever did opiates is well obvious.

#51 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ginger has been found to aswell. There are compounds that help with opiate cravings.

#52 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

ginger potentiates beer in my experience

#53 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Did DHM make anyone thirsty? A friend of mine tried it at 275mg after four shots of whiskey. Said it sobered him up a bit but he got really thirsty afterwards. I'm thinking it's probably due to his ketogenic diet that he's doing, but just wondering if anyone has experienced thirst as a side effect.

#54 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Possibly, but I do usually feel thirsty after drinking alcohol.. I can always experiment further. :)

#55 Templanoid

• 88 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

So wait, are you supposed to take DHM *before* or after consuming alcohol??

#56 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Before, you won't get drunk. After and you'll sober up. Traditional Chinese medicine claims it (the herb it is found in) protects the liver and can mitigate alcohol induced damage.

none of those will help opiate cravings. thats crazy talk. fact that none of you ever did opiates is well obvious.

I've a prescription for chronic pain. DHM does not interfere with the pain relieving properties. I suspect it blocks addiction, though a larger sample size is needed.

#57 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Interesting Review of DHM:

http://www.drugs-for...ad.php?t=178068

Bioassay of Dihydromyricetin (DHM)

Quote:
Short and sharp version: Dihydromyricetin was administered after consumption of alcohol and was found to induce a feeling of sobriety in an intoxicated subject.

Drug info:

CAS: 27200-12-0
Molecular Formula: C15H12O8
Molecular Weight: 320.25
Name: (2R,3R)-3,5,7-Trihydroxy-2-(3,4,5-trihydroxyphenyl)chroman-4-one or (+)-Dihydromyricetin

Abstract:

Dihydromyricetin (DHM) was recently featured by mainstream news outlets as a promising anti-alcohol intoxication medication based on a set of experiments on rodents published in 2012, but research has been ongoing since at least 2007. The principle article that generated media reports is:

Dihydromyricetin As a Novel Anti-Alcohol Intoxication Medication , published in the Journal of Neuroscience, Neurobiology of Disease 4 January 2012, 32(1): 390-401; doi: 10.1523/​JNEUROSCI.4639-11.2012.

Alcohol-related harm is a serious reality of everyday life across the world. Currently there are no effective therapeutic agents for treating alcoholism and acute intoxication without major side effects. DHM is a flavonoid component of herbal medicines and it has been shown to counteract acute alcohol (EtOH) intoxication and withdrawal signs in rats. This experiment set out to ascertain whether similar results may be achieved in humans.

Method:

(+)-Dihydromyricetin of 98% purity by HPLC was placed into gelatine capsules at the desired dose utilizing a scale accurate to 0.001 grams (+/- 5mg) and administered orally to a single person. Subjective results were recorded by the person. All alcohol consumed was in the form of vodka mixed with orange juice. One unit of alcohol is 10 grams (12.7 ml) of EtOH.
The subject is a 100 kilogram male in his 20s. No alcohol was consumed by the subject in the month prior to trials being conducted.

The subject was administered the dose and asked to record their observations by handwriting in a notebook, noting the time at each entry. In total 4 trials were conducted and on each occasion the subject stopped drinking following administration of DHM.

The setting was a research facility decorated to mimic a normal household living room. Two of the subject’s acquaintances were present at each trial and the group was watching television and holding various discussions.

Results:

Subjective experience reports have been summarised from handwritten notes, quotation marks indicate direct extracts from notes. There is no conclusive result to share so I decided it would be best to share every time-noted entry the subject made.

Trial 1

Date: 05/02/2012
Dose of alcohol: 7 units beginning at T-2:00 and concluding at T-15:00.
Dose of DHM: 150mg (1.5mg/kg)
T+0:10 – Subject experiences general CNS depression consistent with an increasing level of intoxication due to alcohol still being absorbed.
T+0:20 – Subject notes slightly improved ability to construct ideas and opinions, speech and written experience reports become slightly easier, however subject expresses concern this is a placebo effect.
T+0:30 – Subject notes peripheral effects of alcohol such as differences in tactile stimulation, general “dullness” are still apparent. Handwriting ability is noticeably improved. Subject feels more able to think logically and evaluate ideas. Acquaintances note clearer speech.
T+0:40 – Subject notes - “undeniable feeling of becoming sober - still feel detached, but very aware of coming down.”
T+0:50 – Subject notes they are feeling approximately as intoxicated as if they had finished 2 standard drinks.
T+0:60 – Subject notes they are close to baseline, expresses feelings of tiredness and is given a beverage containing caffeine. The experiment is terminated at this point with the subject concluding “it works, but only just.”

Trial 2

Date: 06/02/2012 (1 day after last trial)
Dose of alcohol: 10 units beginning at approximately T-1:30.
Dose of DHM: 250mg (2.5mg/kg)
T+0:15 – Subject notes nothing unusual felt and that he is far more intoxicated than during the previous trial.
T+0:30 – Subject notes only “vague improvement.”
T+1:00 – Subject speculates on possible tolerance-like effect. Subject feels “calmer and clearer but nowhere near the cognitive improvement of last night.” Subject expresses concern for validity of any subjective notes written while under the influence of alcohol and wonders if his previous recordings may have been the result of the placebo effect.
T+1:30 – Subject notes they still feel drunk but are sobering up, finding it difficult to identify how his body is reacting to either the alcohol or the DHM as he was too intoxicated for any sort of reliable test.
T+2:00 – Subject notes they have sobered up remarkably in the past 45 minutes. A breathalyser test shows a 0.03% BAC.
T:2:30 – The subject feels close to baseline with a 0.01% BAC. Experiment terminated with the experimenter concluding “Tolerance? Let’s hope so. It might have sped up my recovery from intoxication, but it was imperceptible.”

Trial 3

Date: 11/02/2012 (5 days after last trial)
Dose of alcohol: 4 units in rapid succession at T-0:05.
Dose of DHM: 450mg (4.5mg/kg)
T+0:10 – Subject notes a slight buzz and feels alcohol still being absorbed.
T+0:25 – Subject notes a noticeable buzz and feels as if absorption is complete.
T+0:40 – Subject notes they have stopped feeling buzzed and a
T+1:00 – Subject notes “I think DHM has greatly reduced the peak of my 4 drinks and I am returning to baseline very, very sharply.”
T+1:10 – Subject is at baseline and the experiment is terminated. Subject is adamant, for the first time throughout the trials that they “felt it working.”

Trial 4

Date: 15/02/2012 (4 days after last trial)
Dose of alcohol: 6 units in the hour prior to administration.
Dose of DHM: 450mg (4.5mg/kg)
1500mg (15mg/kg) of DHM taken after 6 units of alcohol which were consumed over 1 hour.
T+0:40 – Subject notes “It’s starting to hit. Feeling of becoming sober. This is working.”
T+1:00 – Subject notes a rapid feeling of improved clarity and responsiveness.
T+1:10 – Subject consumes some pasta and shortly thereafter notes “Definitely working, however I do feel rather sick from a meal that I might not have eaten if I didn’t feel like I was sobering up.”
T+1:30 – Subject notes they are near baseline after feeling very nauseous for 15 minutes following the consumption of food. Subject expresses that he felt far less intoxicated following administration of the DHM and that was what actually allowed him to eat the meal. Subject believes the alcohol’s effect on his state of mind had been lessened significantly by the one hour mark but his stomach was still vulnerable to upset. Experiment terminated.

Conclusion:

I believe that Dihydromyricetin does affect a person’s level of intoxication. These experiments have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt, particularly the 4th trial. At this point it was clear further, well-structured experiments must be undertaken to better understand DHM’s complex interaction with alcohol and the intoxicated person taking it, and most importantly to ascertain an effective oral dose. Of particular interest will be DHM’s effects on a person feeling hung-over from alcohol.

In results of the 4th Trial were indicative of DHM’s potential for harm where a user who has become less intoxicated after taking DHM could inadvertently cause damage through overconsumption. The DHM masks feelings of drunkenness; however the blood alcohol content (BAC) does not change.

In this case the subject only ate the meal because they were feeling less intoxicated – had DHM not been administered the subject would have almost certainly refused food. The subject experienced nausea for 15 minutes after eating a meal, a fairly benign example. But at worst, this could lead to an overdose situation if someone consumes alcohol followingadministration of Dihydromyricetin. The user feeling less intoxicated presumably does not alter the threshold at which coma and/or death may occur.

I have invested far more resources into evaluating Dihydromyricetin but these few single-user reports are all I shall post for the moment, pending legal/ethical considerations.

Read more: http://www.drugs-for...8#ixzz2B7WOo9fs

#58 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

why are you guys so obsessed with this crap ? it prevents intoxication ZERO POINT, how come nobody ever cares to prevent alcoholism but NO U CONCENTRATE ON SOME DUMB ASS ANTI INTOXICANT CRAP
  • Disagree x 1

#59 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

why are you guys so obsessed with this crap ? it prevents intoxication ZERO POINT, how come nobody ever cares to prevent alcoholism but NO U CONCENTRATE ON SOME DUMB ASS ANTI INTOXICANT CRAP

Are you sure?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Im thinking about buying a sample from buydhm has anyone tried them?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhm, gaba, alcohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users