Photo

Low Alcohol Tolerance and Start Drinking Everyday

alcohol

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Fernando G

• 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 02:00 PM

I like the effect of wine on my body, the effect of 1 medium glass with 175 ml of 10-11% red wine or a 269 ml can of muscat rose 7% sparkling wine, I would like to drink it at night due to the effects of increase libido etc. But I also like to take it at lunchtime on Saturdays and Sundays, I have a low resistance to alcohol, even though I am an experienced drinker, if I have more than 9-11 drinks in a sitting for 2-4 hours I I end up throwing up and if I have more than 15 drinks in that period I end up passing out and waking up only the next day, I would like to have a higher tolerance, because I always have to leave before the party because I have a low tolerance.

​Consulte os detalhes I like to buy the wine in a pet bottle or a 750 ml bottle, the 4.5 liter bottle is a little heavy
I'm afraid of breaking it on the floor when turning it over to put it in the bowl.
Wine makes me burn calories, it warms me in the winter and helps to increase my libido.
I like these effects of the wine. But I don't like to drink 1 bottle and 1/3 or more and be embarrassed I like the feeling of its initial effects

#2 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 06:34 AM

Best not to drink every day and when you drink take some Pantethine.  (get the spelling right not Pantethenoic Acid).  Pantethine is more expensive, but it has an improved effect on Acetaldehyde metabolism.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:16 PM

Best not to drink every day and when you drink take some Pantethine.  (get the spelling right not Pantethenoic Acid).  Pantethine is more expensive, but it has an improved effect on Acetaldehyde metabolism.

I would also add some Ginseng in the regimen:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/24458173/

My opinion is that low levels of alcohol, preferably in the form of red wine or something similar, is something that can be used daily without getting into trouble.

#4 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 09:03 PM

I would also add some Ginseng in the regimen:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/24458173/

My opinion is that low levels of alcohol, preferably in the form of red wine or something similar, is something that can be used daily without getting into trouble.

How many glasses of red wine?

Edited by Fernando G, 14 March 2024 - 10:01 PM.

#5 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 05:26 AM

How many glasses of red wine?

Some research shows "moderate" red wine consumption shows beneficial effects on longevity. I'd say 1-2 glasses is on the very safe side. I suspect with certain regimen consisting things like the Ginseng I mentioned one can drink a bit more without consequences. But I haven't really thought about it much, perhaps I want to avoid seeing the dangers of my alcohol consumption.  :-D

#6 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 07:29 AM

The normal metabolic pathway of alchol is for the ethanol to be converted to acetaldehyde and then that converted to acetate.   Minimising harm means speeding up the acetaldehyde conversion (because acetate is generally helpful, but acetaldehyde harmful).  This can be done with panetethine, but as the aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes contain molybdenum a small amount of molybdenum supplementation (keep it really low around 50 micrograms unless you know your levels) can assist in creating more of the enzymes.

I think DHM also helps.

Edited by johnhemming, 15 March 2024 - 07:37 AM.

• Informative x 1

#7 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 08:19 AM

The normal metabolic pathway of alchol is for the ethanol to be converted to acetaldehyde and then that converted to acetate.   Minimising harm means speeding up the acetaldehyde conversion (because acetate is generally helpful, but acetaldehyde harmful).  This can be done with panetethine, but as the aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes contain molybdenum a small amount of molybdenum supplementation (keep it really low around 50 micrograms unless you know your levels) can assist in creating more of the enzymes.

I think DHM also helps.

Good information, perhaps we can come up with some nice stack for alcohol harm reduction to us who enjoy our wine and beer. Limiting the amount of drinks is obviously still the primary thing. N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) protects the liver and brain from alcohol, and can decrease cravings so would also help with sticking to moderate consumption.

#8 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 09:47 AM

If i start use red ginseng how many glasses of 150 ml of red wine i could drink

#9 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

If i start use red ginseng how many glasses of 150 ml of red wine i could drink

Enough to get a hangover normally. Just kidding. Ginseng does appear to enhance blood alcohol clearance too, but Ginseng alone probably won't protect you. The supplements johnhemming mentioned: Panthetine, molybdenum, along with N-acetyl cysteine (before drinking) and Ginseng (both before and after) seem like the way to go. Perhaps to the point 3-4 glasses or even more won't be an issue, but this is just some random speculation. You're young fella so I understand the desire to go to parties where people drink.

Have you ever tried Kava? It's very harmless social lubricant / anxiolytic compared to alcohol. But you can't really combine it with alcohol if that idea comes to mind.

#10 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 10:25 AM

Enough to get a hangover normally. Just kidding. Ginseng does appear to enhance blood alcohol clearance too, but Ginseng alone probably won't protect you. The supplements johnhemming mentioned: Panthetine, molybdenum, along with N-acetyl cysteine (before drinking) and Ginseng (both before and after) seem like the way to go. Perhaps to the point 3-4 glasses or even more won't be an issue, but this is just some random speculation. You're young fella so I understand the desire to go to parties where people drink.

Have you ever tried Kava? It's very harmless social lubricant / anxiolytic compared to alcohol. But you can't really combine it with alcohol if that idea comes to mind.

If i use all suplements you cited how many glasses of 150ml 10% Abv wine i could drink?

#11 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 10:42 AM

If i use all suplements you cited how many glasses of 150ml 10% Abv wine i could drink?

Well I don't think there's any expert opinion on that since it would be more of an experimental protocol. High-risk alcohol consumption has been set to be at 7 servings per day, I wouldn't exceed that for sure at any given time, no matter what supplements you take. Don't get the idea that taking bunch of supplements makes it okay to drink excessively, even if they show protective effects. I don't want to turn you into an alcoholic but neither do I want you to miss out the fun activities of youth, or the relaxing effects of the occasional glass of wine or pint of beer.  ;)

#12 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:18 AM

If i take two glasses of 150ml of wine a day my libido is increased?

#13 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:25 AM

If i take two glasses of 150ml of wine a day my libido is increased?

Should be fine. Panax Ginseng directly increases libido too if that's an effect you're looking for.

#14 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:30 AM

Panax ginseng increase testosterone?

#15 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:36 AM

If i eat with two glasses of wine with dinner my Bac is lower?

#16 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 02:58 PM

Panax Ginseng probably won't affect testosterore, it's more likely that its effect is through PDE-inhibition. It does increase luteinizing hormone according to some research I believe.

If i eat with two glasses of wine with dinner my Bac is lower?

Eating before drinking alcohol should delay increase in blood alcohol content yes.

#17 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:06 PM

I want consume 4 or more drinks in some ocasions how tô drink without vommiting?

#18 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:19 PM

I want consume 4 or more drinks in some ocasions how tô drink without vommiting?

Different people respond differently to alcohol.

a) I am quite  a heavy drinker

b) However, I recognise that drinking alcohol every day is a bad idea.

If you vomit after 4 drinks you may be someone who responds really badly to alcohol.  Hence it may be worse for you than for most people.

#19 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:41 PM

Different people respond differently to alcohol.

a) I am quite  a heavy drinker

b) However, I recognise that drinking alcohol every day is a bad idea.

If you vomit after 4 drinks you may be someone who responds really badly to alcohol.  Hence it may be worse for you than for most people.

I agree, vomiting is a sign that your body is rejecting the substance. A teaspoon of Ginger might prevent nausea, but do you want to go the route of binge drinking if your body signals it's a bad idea. Personally I get bad acid reflux if I drink heavily.

#20 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:29 PM

I think you are right.  There is no merit in drinking as much alcohol as your body can tolerate (or just beyond that).

I have not vomited post alcohol for decades. Possibly 4 of them.

#21 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 10:03 PM

I got covid 19 in february 2024 and my white wine tolerance decrease some days,but i weigh 90 kg and after one glass of white wine my head paining a much and a heart accelerate a lot

#22 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:50 PM

I drink 3 1/4 cans of 350 ml 4.5% beer today and vommiting without ginseng

#23 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:57 PM

I drink 3 1/4 cans of 350 ml 4.5% beer today and vommiting without ginseng

Sounds like you just don't tolerate alcohol, maybe there's some better drug of choice for you if that's what you desire.

#24 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:09 PM

Yes

#25 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:11 PM

Sounds like you just don't tolerate alcohol, maybe there's some better drug of choice for you if that's what you desire.

Cocaine?

#26 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:29 PM

Cocaine?

Ha, I was thinking something like Kratom or Kava, maybe Phenibut. Cocaine as means of chewing coca leaves, perhaps.

You located in Brazil?

Edited by Galaxyshock, 26 March 2024 - 02:30 PM.

#27 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:43 PM

Yes i am brazilian @galaxyshock

Ha, I was thinking something like Kratom or Kava, maybe Phenibut. Cocaine as means of chewing coca leaves, perhaps.

You located in Brazil?

Yes i am brazilian

#28 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:58 PM

You located in Brazil?

Phenibut is good for me?

#29 Fernando G

• Topic Starter
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:02 PM

You located in Brazil?

but legally coca leaves in brazil?

Edited by Fernando G, 26 March 2024 - 03:12 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 05:52 AM

Phenibut is good for me?

Good for you - not exactly. But it could work as alcohol substitute IF you can limit to once a week. The effect is kinda similar to having had a few drinks without any cognitive impairment and the effect stays stable for like 10-12 hours and slowly wears off. Phenibut is notorious for causing addiction and withdrawals if taken too often so I would be very careful with it.

but legally coca leaves in brazil?

Don't know about the legal status in Brazil.

Personally I think Kava is the least harmful recreational substance and social lubricant.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users