My Regimen

regimens

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calengineering

• 134 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Schedule

Everything is in counts of pills (capsules or tablets) unless otherwise stated. mg information is in second section.

daily
wake up - green tea (1 cup), prilosec otc (1)
breakfast - multivitamin (1), uridine (1)
lunch - multivitamin (1), fish oil (2), zinc (1), magnesium (1)
dinner - fish oil (1), multivitamin (0,1)

as needed
when brain feels sluggish - [l-tyrosine (1) + 5-htp (1)], neuro optimizer (1,2), modafinil (1/2), rhodiola rosea (1)
before heavy meals - digest basic (1,2)
before/after weight lifting - l-glutamine (1), [whey protein + milk] (1 milkshake)
before drinking - NAC sustain (2), vitamin C (1)

Detailed Description

health
fish oil (Natural Factors RX-Omega-3 Factors) - 400 EPA, 200 DHA / capsule
multivitamin (NOW Foods Alive! no iron) - 1 serving / 3 tablets
zinc (NOW Foods Zinc Picolinate) - 50 mg / capsule
magnesium (Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium) - 100 mg / tablet

digestion
digest basic (Enzymedica) - 1 serving / capsule
omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) - 20 mg / tablet

drinking
NAC sustain (Jarrow) - 600 mg / tablet
vitamin C (NOW Foods C-1000) - 1000 mg / tablet

weight lifting
l-glutamine (NOW Foods l-glutamine) - 500 mg
whey protein (Jarrow) - 18 g protein / serving
nonfat milk - 1 cup

nootropics
neuro optimizer (Jarrow) - 4 capsules / serving IHERB
modafinil (Provigil) - 200 mg / tablet
rhodiola rosea (Arctic Root) - 360 mg / capsule

mood
l-tyrosine (NOW Foods l-tyrosine) - 500 mg / capsule
5-htp (Natrol 5-HTP Timed Release) - 100 mg / tablet
l-theanine (Doctor's Best sun theanine) - 150 mg / capsule
uridine (Cardiovascular Research uridine) - 60 mg / capsule

Notes

I'm 24 years old and roughly 130 lbs. I've have been experiencing minor depression and adhd for several years. My goals in taking these supplements are to improve general health - especially that of my mind - and to improve my memory/mood. In addition to supplements, I try to eat healthy, play cardio sports, and lift weights.

I've had limited success with improving my memory and mood. What I've noticed is that of everything above I take, I have felt better most of the times when I take it but the effects can wear off or be inconsistent. My hypothesis is that if I'd like to beat depression and strengthen my mind, I'll need to try new approaches such as meditation, mentally stimulating games/puzzles (eg. Dual N Back), more socializing, and others.

Still these supplements have helped me and I'm going to still explore how I can tweak this regimen to improve consistency of effects. The main concern I have is knowing when and how much to take of many of the nootropic and mind related supplements. The effects seem hard to follow as my mood often changes with how well I'm doing at work or what my mind is focused on. My only idea right now is to force myself to keep with a regimen for a longer period of time (like a week) before I make any changes.

I'm considering changing how often I take [l-tyrosine (1) + 5-htp (1)], neuro optimizer (1,2), modafinil (1/2), rhodiola rosea (1). I want to take these regularly again, but when I have before, their effects dropped considerably after a week or so. I wonder if cycling these with off days would make a difference.

I've tried many other noots such as l-huperzine A, piracetam, oxiracetam, cdp-choline, pyritinol, bacopa, and ginkgo biloba with little or any effect over the span of days/weeks.

I'm still trying to tweak this regimen as I still do not feel my best in terms of mood and memory. I'll post more as I need to keep up with this regimen more strictly and monitor how I feel.

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.

Edited by calengineering, 04 February 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#2 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

check your vitamin D levels. and yes, meditation absolutely rocks :)
also, I would add milk thistle in drinking section - it's good for hangovers (but you have to take it before and during drinking).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: regimens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users