Review My Stack

pramiracetam choline fish oil sam-e alpha gpc huperzine a egcg

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hi all,

I'd like your opinion on a stack I've been taking incase there are some possible issues I've overlooked.

MORNING:
  • Pramiracetam: 400mg
  • Fish Oil: 6g
  • Royal Jelly: 3g
  • EGCG Green Tea Extract: 400mg
  • Huperzine A: 200mcg
  • Alpha GPC: 300mg (only taken on days I don't take the Hup A so I don't overdo it on the choline.)
  • Men's Multivitamin
  • PS (Phosphatidylserine): 100mg
EVENING:
  • Sam-e (S-Adenosyl methionine): 400mg
  • Nature Made Super B-Complex
  • PS (Phosphatidylserine): 100mg
  • Fish Oil: 6g
  • Royal Jelly: 3g
Just some notes on the above. I take the EGCG because it is said to potentiate the Huperzine A. I alternate Huperzine A and Alpha GPC because I feel supplementing choline and inhibiting its breakdown could be problematic. Any thoughts on staggering these doses? Am I still taking a risk by doing this or does alternating these 2 prevent too much choline build-up? I take the B-Complex to prevent accumulating too much homocysteine from the Sam-e supplement.

Are there any contraindications with Sam-e and Huperzine A? As far as effects go, I am still assessing them but haven't noticed anything too pronounced in the short-term. Perhaps a slight increase in my memory but I'm only about 10 days into it.

Edited by semi-retarded-individual, 14 March 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I beleive acetylcholinesterase inhibitors such as Hup A are a bad idea (potentally dangerous and likely conterproductive). I would much rather use precursers: ALCAR and alpha-gpc should be very potent.

http://www.longecity...zine-a-dangers/

"The reason for this is that some acetylcholinesterase is needed to suppress excessive amounts of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from accumulating in the body. While most people over age 30 need more acetylcholine, too much can cause unpleasant side effects. Most healthy people safety boost acetylcholine levels by taking precursors"

"Gradual recovery of AChE activity then occurs, but even 48h after the last dose red blood cell AChE was about 10% below control (pre-dose) values" !!!
That means your HupA taken in the morning has a significant impact on memory consolidation that needs to occur that night.

Edited by health_nutty, 14 March 2012 - 08:08 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I highly recommend ALCAR. Also have you tried aniracetam? It is the only racetam that is an ampakine. Pram is my favorite racetam based on how it makes me feel, but I couldn't find any evidence (besides wikipedia that it is an ampakine).

#4 unregistered_user

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I've tried ALCAR and it messes me up. I get foggy and generally out of sorts when taking it. I am looking into trying Alpha GPC and only included it above because I wanted people's opinions on mixing it with the Hup A. I have yet to order the Alpha GPC though and might ditch the Hup A in favor of it.

I have only tried Piracetam and Pramiracetam. I will try aniracetam once I have ascertained the effects of my current stack.

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

I've tried ALCAR and it messes me up. I get foggy and generally out of sorts when taking it. I am looking into trying Alpha GPC and only included it above because I wanted people's opinions on mixing it with the Hup A. I have yet to order the Alpha GPC though and might ditch the Hup A in favor of it.

I have only tried Piracetam and Pramiracetam. I will try aniracetam once I have ascertained the effects of my current stack.

Pram has amazing effects on my motivation and focus. Aniracetam improved my memory, but it took a little while for me to notice (or for it to kick in).

#6 unregistered_user

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Pram has amazing effects on my motivation and focus. Aniracetam improved my memory, but it took a little while for me to notice (or for it to kick in).

How long did it take for you to appreciate the effects of Pramiracetam? I've been taking it for a few days and haven't noticed too much. Do you find a choline source is necessary for you with Pramiracetam? I thought the increased choline from taking Huperzine A would be sufficient but I'm starting to think it isn't and maybe Alpha GPC would be a better choice.

At 600mgs of Pramiracetam I barely notice anything. It just makes me feel sort of spacey and zoned out.

#7 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

How long did it take for you to appreciate the effects of Pramiracetam? I've been taking it for a few days and haven't noticed too much. Do you find a choline source is necessary for you with Pramiracetam? I thought the increased choline from taking Huperzine A would be sufficient but I'm starting to think it isn't and maybe Alpha GPC would be a better choice.

At 600mgs of Pramiracetam I barely notice anything. It just makes me feel sort of spacey and zoned out.

I noticed the effects of Pram with the very first dose (300mg). Feeling spacey is due to a lack of choline (taking choline bitrartrate always clears up any spacey feelings for me). HupA won't make more ACh, it will only prevent it from being broken down (which doesn't do any good if you are depleted of choline).

I would try 300mg of Alpha GPC twice a day and drop the HupA. If you get a headache, you have taken too much choline. If you feel spacey or tired, you haven't taken enough.

Edit: Fixed typo ;)

Edited by health_nutty, 15 March 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#8 unregistered_user

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Thanks Hn.

Do you mean "if you feel spacey or tired you **haven't** taken enough" choline?

Just want you to clarify since it didn't make sense, thanks.

#9 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Thanks Hn.

Do you mean "if you feel spacey or tired you **haven't** taken enough" choline?

Just want you to clarify since it didn't make sense, thanks.

Your right! I edited my post. I'm taking all these noots and can't even say what I mean to say :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#10 unregistered_user

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

I appreciate the info! I will update again once I add the Alpha GPC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pramiracetam, choline, fish oil, sam-e, alpha gpc, huperzine a, egcg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users