LOG- C60 Log MkII

c60 buckminsterfullerene antiaging c60 human trial c60 source vaughter wellness

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#31 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Interesting Lister. I definitely think that the anti-pathogenic properties of C60 need to be considered more.
I think I'll put something in the main thread and see what everyone else thinks.

I think I recall Sarah saying that a whole batch had been tossed out due to the oil not being up to par and that they were using better quality oil for what they were selling. Think its in the main thread somewhere: worth taking a look...
Perhaps Sarah will chip in here..?

Its strange that you seem to be the only one with burning lungs... Perhaps the GERDS infection goes further than just your stomach?
Perhaps the lung burn will fade and leave you feeling super!? :) I hope so.

#32 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Interesting Lister. I definitely think that the anti-pathogenic properties of C60 need to be considered more.
I think I'll put something in the main thread and see what everyone else thinks.

I think I recall Sarah saying that a whole batch had been tossed out due to the oil not being up to par and that they were using better quality oil for what they were selling. Think its in the main thread somewhere: worth taking a look...
Perhaps Sarah will chip in here..?

Its strange that you seem to be the only one with burning lungs... Perhaps the GERDS infection goes further than just your stomach?
Perhaps the lung burn will fade and leave you feeling super!? :) I hope so.

I'm using Vaughter C60/EVOO and experiencing the come and go lung ache...it's slight...but there. What I noticed right off was the oil has a slight rancid smell and taste....like an old opened bottle of oil that was been sitting in the back of the cupboard...you can't mistake the rancid smell/flavor...it's slight but there...I assume from heating and oxidizing the oil. This is making me uneasy.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm using Vaughter C60/EVOO and experiencing the come and go lung ache...it's slight...but there. What I noticed right off was the oil has a slight rancid smell and taste....like an old opened bottle of oil that was been sitting in the back of the cupboard...you can't mistake the rancid smell/flavor...it's slight but there...I assume from heating and oxidizing the oil. This is making me uneasy.

:|o

Its high time that someone PM Sarah so she can post feedback here!
My quota is done for the day.

#34 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I was just going to place an order with Sarah, but Hebbeh's post made ME uneasy. Hope she does post some feedback.

I'm concerned about solvents in the 98% pure batches as well.

#35 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

I don't think olive oil should be pre-filtered before adding the C60, or the natural anti-oxidants in the oil might be filtered out. Hopefully people are using a high quality oil where the manufacturer hasn't already filtered the product.
Many of the off the shelf olive oils (and other oils like sesame) are filtered, over-heated, and then bleached to cover the rancid flavor. As a result they are poison.
http://www.oliveoilt...s-gone-bad/8900
Bariani olive oil is well thought of in the raw foods community.

#36 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Things do seem brighter, or clearer to me as well.

I've been away for almost a week and am getting caught up on the discussion.

To all who have mentioned, "things seem brighter": In what sense?
  • Physical vision is "brighter"?
  • Cognition is "broader"?
  • Other cognitive capabilities (subtly) enhanced?
What do you mean?

Edited by wccaguy, 28 June 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#37 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

WRT burning sensation in throat: this happens with polyphenol-rich oilive oil; the polyphenols add a sharp, bitter flavor and aburning sensation. So it may or may not be due to C60, but a characteristic of the olive oil used.

Comparing C60 from Vaughters and from Carbon: before I left the States 4 days ago, I had purchased C60-OO from both, and have been giving Carbon's (it arrived first) to my ancient dog. I note that Carbon's was definitely the intense red-purple color characteristic of dissolved C60 viewed in volume against a white backgorund or back-lighted, whereas Vaughter's was only yellow-brown in color under the same circumstances. I did lick my fingers after handling both materials. The reddish material seemed slightly bitter, the yellow one just buttery.

The dog appears more alert and energetic than before, which is not saying much. Next month when I return I may have more to report.

#38 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Comparing C60 from Vaughters and from Carbon: before I left the States 4 days ago, I had purchased C60-OO from both, and have been giving Carbon's (it arrived first) to my ancient dog. I note that Carbon's was definitely the intense red-purple color characteristic of dissolved C60 viewed in volume against a white backgorund or back-lighted, whereas Vaughter's was only yellow-brown in color under the same circumstances. I did lick my fingers after handling both materials. The reddish material seemed slightly bitter, the yellow one just buttery.

The dog appears more alert and energetic than before, which is not saying much. Next month when I return I may have more to report.

Did you compare the color in the same container? It seems like it can look differently when put in a wide or narrow container (depending on the volume of oil you rare wathcing through). Im thinking maybe you compared Carbon's stuff through its oral syringe with Sarah's stuff from its dropper, which may be significantly different.
I have ordered stuff from Sarah before and she seems to be a genuinely honest person. Meaning that I truly beleive that she did everything according to the study with great care, and chose the best olive oil she could get for a reasonable price. Im thinking (hoping) that maybe Sarah got an oil that was darker to begin with? At least she's disclosing the OO she's using ("Zeta" EVOO from Crete - Googling I can only find Zeta OO from Israel though)

She posted some pics http://c60antiaging.com/ about he color
I must say that although she's saying "The olive oil is yellow/greenish (extra virgin oil contains chlorophyll) so a purely red color is unattainable." it doesnt seem to be true based on what I've red on the "main" thread, and especially the pictures posted by some members especially Anthony Loera (which C60/OO looks more red compared to Sarah's; This http://www.longecity...attach_id=10134 after only 24hrs of stirring). Or am I mistaken?

Edited by daouda, 29 June 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#39 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

To me Sarahs C60 Oil does NOT taste rancid or somehow off. It tastes like Olive Oil. I'm not a connoisseur of fine Olive Oil’s so I can't say that it's worse than Oil A or Oil B. It doesn't taste bad in any way. I did say in an earlier post that I was washing down the oil with water but that was because drinking Oil in the morning is a bit weird.

The Oil is fine and the C60 is in it as I've had lots of Olive Oil in the past with no effects anywhere close to this. It may be that the Reddish color related to the water content of the Oil or some such thing. I wouldn't label too much importance to its color as you may end up over dosing on C60 just to get the color right.

What I'm concerned about is really the elephant in the room: nC60. IF what I'm taking is causing brain damage does anyone know some indicators of this? I've had less headaches than I did before I started taking C60 which is to say I've had none. The real threat of Brain Damage is enough to cause me to stop taking it. Can anyone confirm indicators to prove either way regarding Brain Damage?

Edit: @ wccaguy:
Things don't seem sharper or broader; it is a straight increase in light levels. It is as though my eyes can absorb more light. It is not dramatic but is noticeable. In a pitch black room there is some light where before there was none. It's hard for me to explain and I really have to stress that this could be all imagined up. If anyone is interested in starting C60 please find a room with a set light level and measure before and after effects if you would. Thank you!

Edited by Lister, 29 June 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#40 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

WRT burning sensation in throat: this happens with polyphenol-rich oilive oil; the polyphenols add a sharp, bitter flavor and aburning sensation. So it may or may not be due to C60, but a characteristic of the olive oil used.

That would be correct...I've drank good quality olive oil and am familiar with the throat burn...Vaughters has none...no throat burn at all....

#41 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

To me Sarahs C60 Oil does NOT taste rancid or somehow off. It tastes like Olive Oil. I'm not a connoisseur of fine Olive Oil’s so I can't say that it's worse than Oil A or Oil B. It doesn't taste bad in any way. I did say in an earlier post that I was washing down the oil with water but that was because drinking Oil in the morning is a bit weird.

The Oil is fine and the C60 is in it as I've had lots of Olive Oil in the past with no effects anywhere close to this. It may be that the Reddish color related to the water content of the Oil or some such thing. I wouldn't label too much importance to its color as you may end up over dosing on C60 just to get the color right.

What I'm concerned about is really the elephant in the room: nC60. IF what I'm taking is causing brain damage does anyone know some indicators of this? I've had less headaches than I did before I started taking C60 which is to say I've had none. The real threat of Brain Damage is enough to cause me to stop taking it. Can anyone confirm indicators to prove either way regarding Brain Damage?

Things don't seem sharper or broader; it is a straight increase in light levels. It is as though my eyes can absorb more light. It is not dramatic but is noticeable. In a pitch black room there is some light where before there was none. It's hard for me to explain and I really have to stress that this could be all imagined up. If anyone is interested in starting C60 please find a room with a set light level and measure before and after effects if you would. Thank you!

I'm very familiar with good olive oil and it has a very distinct and strong taste that burns and lingers in the throat...you will know it....like drinking fine scotch....sarahs went down like canola oil....no taste, no burn, no characteristic bitterness....other than the slight rancid oder and taste....it definately tastes like a bottle of oil that has been open in the back of the cupboard for 6 months or a year...there's no mistaking that rancid oil smell/taste. Like I said, probably from overheating...olive oil french fries anyone? I am very confident of this rancid characteristic.

edit: and with regard to overdosing and color comment....you can only dissolve so much C60 in olive oil before it saturates...can't get any more in than that...and saturation is supposedly .8mg/ml but sarah claims .9mg/ml ....how did she do that? ....the only way is by heating the oil up to raise the saturation point....resulting in oxidized oil.

Edited by Hebbeh, 29 June 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#42 Edgar

• 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Questions of nC60 toxicity have, in my opinion, been put to rest. There's been quite extensive conversation about this in the big buckyball thread; but here's a paper supporting the gist of it: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20493935

In any case, C60 is NOT going to come out of oil solution and clump up in the presence of water, as some have alluded to here.

#43 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

All other things aside, I can give testament like others to the exercise enhancement effect and caffeine potentiating effect of Sarah’s oil. At 55, I don't lift to try and increase my strength anymore...I feel good to just lift and maintain where I am...and as such, my reps and sets have been stagnant for a long time. But after 3-4 days of 3-4.5mg per day (4-6 droppers), I suddenly went up 1 rep easily in every single exercise and every single set...and all reps seemed "easy" until failure...I usually start to tire a couple reps from failure but now failure comes abruptly after the last rep...and I'm easily getting an extra rep every time. And I'm finding that caffeine is giving me that jittery wired feeling at much lower doses than normal and I'm having to watch my caffeine intake to avoid caffeine overdose which was hardly ever a problem before. And remember. I've only been taking the C60 for 4 days.

#44 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Edgar,

Thanks for your response. I probably should have gone over those studies a bit more considering my body is on the line however life is a bit busy for me currently. (Too busy to do something that could save your life?) Yes apparently.

As far as the Rancid oil smell I can't say that mine smells anything like that. I've never been anywhere close to a smoker thus my sense of smell is fairly good. My bottle from Vaughter wellness doesn't smell bad, or rancid. If anything it smells a tad on the Neutral side. Is it really that expensive to have good Olive oil that Vaughter would go for the cheap stuff? I would imagine with the risk involved they would opt for the lowest risk base for the C60.

Maybe the lowest risk is the cheaper Oil, Maybe it’s not. Whatever the case I’m not using this as salad dressing so as long as it’s got C60 in it (which is the expensive part) I’m good.

Hebbeh, Maybe you got a bad batch perhaps? Maybe there was an issue with the bottling. I don't know, but I do know that what you're describing is not what I have. I’m sure better products will come out however the FDA has to pop in here at some point.

By the way what basis can the FDA cut off production and sale of C60?

#45 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I don't think that it would be considered to be found in nature, like a plant extract, so it wouldn't be considered under the usual supplement rules. They would probably look at the process where C60 is reacted with (not just dissolved in) olive oil, and is being sold to humans who are taking it with the expectation of a positive biological effect, and say that it fits the description of a pharmaceutical. I'm not as up on the law as I sometimes wish I was. The one thing very much on our side, at least for the moment, is that we represent the lunatic fringe, so I don't think the FDA will be very concerned over us. If this goes mainstream, as I suspect it eventually will, then FDA involvement seems likely.

#46 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

lunatic fringe

The voices in my head say you're wrong.

That aside, after making a whole bunch of assumptions regarding the outcome of future tests I have to wonder how long FDA approval will take and how much more they can really charge us once it has it. The reason I bought a total of 7 Bottles of the stuff was because I'm sure I can resell it if needed and I'm worried the FDA hammer will come down faster than we'd like it to. If it proves to be some wonder drug or at least some kind of wonder food preservative does anyone know the shortest time something has obtained FDA approval? I keep thinking it's going to take 10 years or something (Due to the time needed for human trials).

On another issue; perhaps the reason I'm defending Vaughters Oil is because I've already made my investment. IF it turns out I'm wrong and the oil is bad, does this change anything? Other than me now consciously trying to ascertain the poor flavour is there really anything wrong with over boiled oil?

#47 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

The cost and time required to get from the initial clinical trials to simply submitting a drug for FDA approval averages about $125 million and 6-11 years. Once the final application is submitted it then takes an additional 1-2 years for the final decision to be made. The overall probability of success in the whole process is only about 9%. This process has to be repeated for every separate indication that a manufacturer might wish to have approved.

http://www.kevinmd.c...oved-drugs.html

#48 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

lunatic fringe

The voices in my head say you're wrong.

Wrong that we're the lunatic fringe (kind of a joke, but a lot of people would think so), or that the FDA won't take notice as long as the number of people who are doing this is really small? They're resource-limited, so they have to prioritize their actions.

...I have to wonder how long FDA approval will take and how much more they can really charge us once it has it.

IF it turns out I'm wrong and the oil is bad, does this change anything? Other than me now consciously trying to ascertain the poor flavour is there really anything wrong with over boiled oil?

What would you be willing to pay for the benefits of it? It it turns out that it's a miracle elixir, that's probably going to be a lot. On the other hand, Since it's relatively easy (for a real lab) to make C60, and anyone can mix it with olive oil, there ought to be a thriving black market. Even there, if every single person in the world is going to want it, that would be a lot of demand. Olive oil might run out before C60 does. I think that other oils could be used, though.

On the topic of rancidity, I think you are probably ok. As I understand it, rancidity is oxidation of the double bonds in the fatty acids. If a double bond is oxidized, it will not engage in the most likely mechanism of bonding to C60. As a result, most of the C60-fatty acid adduct should be ok, while the rancidity should mostly be confined to the olive oil that's just acting as a solvent. The danger of that would be the same as drinking that amount of oxidized oil, which we've probably done a lot if we ever ate fast food.

#49 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Its an unapproved food additive at this point (if what is claimed on the bottle is C60). However, Olive Oil with carbon preservative probably wouldn't be bothered.

#50 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I've been taking this at relatively low doses for a few days (3 to 6 mg/day), but haven't really noticed anything dramtic WRT physical capabilities (cardio, weight lifting, etc.), health, mood, vision. I seem to be more sensitive to odors, though. Caffeine tolerance (I drink several carafes of French press fresh brewed medium roast coffee/day), AFAICT, is unaffected.

I'm no OO connoiseur, and my usual Bertolli EVOO tastes better to me than the SV C60 blend, but Im not sure I know what 'rancid' OO tastes like.

#51 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Wrong that we're the lunatic fringe (kind of a joke, but a lot of people would think so), or that the FDA won't take notice as long as the number of people who are doing this is really small? They're resource-limited, so they have to prioritize their actions.

I agree with this in general, but I am more cynical, I would say... Big Pharma is not currently threatened by the lunatic fringe buying C60-OO. But big Pharma will solicit the FDA to crackdown on the C60-OO trade when it becomes a big enough potential threat to their bottom line. An FDA crackdown on the C60-OO trade now could provide a good deal of publicity to C60-OO, and the publicity could have the adverse (to big Pharma) effect of increasing C60-OO sales and consumption far beyond what they are currently.

#52 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Did you compare the color in the same container?....

Of course. I use my own pipette, larger than Carbon supplied. I also put the oil in a white porcelain bowl; a thin film of Carbon's oil will look pinkish; vaughters does not. I understand the red color is a characteristic of dissolved C60. Whether Sarah's product is good or bad, I cannot say with certainty, but I believe her oil did not have the highest polyphenol content, and had the smooth buttery taste characteristic of slightly oxidized or old oil. It may be good as to C60 effect, I just do not know.

#53 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

It sounds like the same sort of vision improvements I've seen from various nootropics that alter neural blood-flow. I had LASIK about 10 years back, FWIW. Perhaps the surgery has reduced my normal oxygen/blood-flow to my optics and the supplements temporarily restore it?

#54 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

It sounds like the same sort of vision improvements I've seen from various nootropics that alter neural blood-flow. I had LASIK about 10 years back, FWIW. Perhaps the surgery has reduced my normal oxygen/blood-flow to my optics and the supplements temporarily restore it?

Something that makes mitochondria work better might allow them to create more energy from the same amount of oxygen, which would be similar to getting more oxygenated blood to flow to lower-efficiency mitochondria.

#55 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

True - and both of the nootropics that I've seen this effect on have also been mitochondrial enhancers.

#56 Lister

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

I've noticed those claiming effects with C60 usage are also claiming to be physically active while taking it. Can anyone who is experiencing little to no effect confirm whether they're active or not? Can anyone taking Vaughter C60 that is also physically active confirm their results?

I've taken the 1.5 mg dose daily for 7 days. I then stopped taking the C60 oil nearly 3 days ago to see if there were any after effects. Since I stopped my kidneys are less and less tender every day. The Ache in my lungs has faded but the positive effects to my cardio system remain. I'll wait the full 7 days and then have a blood test before starting up again. I should have had a test beforehand but sadly poor planning on my part screwed that up.

The ache in my lungs was similar to what you get after a good cardio based workout. That ache that signals you've worked your lungs seemed to be similar to what I was experiencing daily while on C60. My Kidneys were tender but they did not ache. The ache I thought was my kidneys was something unrelated.

I'm fairly certain that from my result I can conclude that C60 will be and has been a huge benefit for me. However I cannot say that the dose is correct. It feels on the high side; I think we can obtain the benefit from a much lower dose with none or almost no negative side effects.

When I start back up again I’ll try a 0.75 mg / daily dose and report those results when I have them.

#57 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Vaughter C60 from 3 mg to 6 mg to 10 mg (just today)/day since Monday evening (now day 6). No consistent effects noticed. Not sure what qualifies as 'active,' but I work out daily, P90X classic, second round, currently.

#58 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Disclaimer: I know very little about olive oil, neither can I judge its taste.

As I understand it, the more chlorophyll in the oil, the browner it will look. The cheapest oils are bleached and will show more red.

Our oil is Zeta Olio Extra Vergine di Oliva Originale, purchased in Sweden. I attached the invoice for the oli for our upcoming batch, made with 0.5 liter bottles instead of the 0.75 liter bottles we used for our first batch. If anyone doubts that oil, I can upload the invoices to those as well. That invoice translates to 12 dollars/liter. The oil was on sale but we were unaffected by that - we simply took it because it reached the red color soonest. And indeed it is the most expensive oil for sale.

The Zeta company is owned by Fernando di Luca and he is Italian but has been living in Sweden since the sixties, as a youth.
There is also an Israeli Zeta brand that sells olive oil, but it is not the same. The site for our source is www.zeta.nu

Our oil can contain 900 mg/liter because that is the published maximum in the available literature, obviously Hebbeh is not familiar with it. Perhaps his idea that our oil tastes off is that he disbelieves that figure? The reason why we can attain the maximum is because we don't use magnetical stirrers, we use overhead stirrers. Those stirr extremely much better than a teflon coated magnet.

We are a million-dollar/year company so there is no need for us to economize during the development stages of this product, especially not in this crucial early stage, especially not when the early adopters have ready access to laboratories. It would be suicidal to screw up now, just when we need positive, not negative exposure.

It is for that reason that we decided to discard our entire first batch, because we discovered that, using a different oil (the Zeta), we attained the characteristic ruby red color much faster, and it was much deeper. I can scan and upload our entire purchase history, we have many receipts. Shall I do that? Shall I also upload photos of the labels or a photo of the dozens of empty bottles?

We made an expensive mistake because we had added more C60 (5 g/liter) to the oil, inexperienced as we were, hoping to see the ruby red color faster, We tossed everything, 12 litres with approx. 45 grams of C60. So that cost us 2000 dollars and two weeks. As I said, because we were near-paranoid in getting everything right, because we were certain that qualified folks would be critically analyzing the oil and we are in this for the long haul, not out to get a quick buck with an early release.

We have done some experiments with heating the oil, but only during our first batch, with product we used for experimentation only. We used eight magnetic stirrers on our first batch. They are heated stirrers but we discovered that they are not 100% safe running unattended so we opened them all and we severed the heating element permanently (damaging it). So our stirrers are physically unable to heat up our oil since we started to produce our first sold batch. I don't know how credible it would be as evidence, but we can make a picture of this too. We are only using the magnetic stirrers for experimentation, not for production. *** Please note that when I speak of "first batch", I speak of product that has been discarded, not sold. ***

As to the taste: I remember that the first time I took our oil stright from the dropper into my mouth, that it was burning in my throat. I worried a little about that, thinking that was a sign of bad oil. I later assumed it must be the C60 that burns. However, I now understand that this burning is a sign of good quality oil. The oil stopped burrning now, but it is from the same bottle. Perhaps my throat got used to it.

We are extremely comitted to use the very best oil. I have purchased the book "Extra Virginity - The sublime and scandalous world of olive oil" and I can also upload a picture of that book, with a bottle of our C60 product. Would we buy that book if we were using inferior, heated oil?

Also, we can upload photos of our centrifuges (we have two), filtering columns (we have three), overhead stirrers (we have eight), anything else to show that we are a serious company. Just ask what you would like to see. We even bought expensive 3-liter brown glass bottles to stirr the oil in, in addition to stirring in the dark.

As to the color: We see a beautiful ruby red but it turns out very hard to photograph. We put a halogen lamp behind the bottle (photo published on our site) but the photo becomes very over-exposed so the color looks brownish when we increase the intensity. Mind you, we did that photo with raw material, not filtered or centrifuged, after a week of mixing, containing particles still.
The problem is that the solution is very dark. You see the ruby red when you slush the liquid around. I don't know why Carbon's oil is redder than ours, it could be he used better oil, it could be his oil is lighter (ours is dark, it is an "Classico Originale" oil.)

We read on another thread on this forum that some self-mixers' solutions turned brown. I don't know how significant that is.

Finally: We decided we want to get to the bottom of the allegations of rancid oil, so we are doing the following:

- On Monday, we're sending some centrifuge tubes with oil to Exova labs, to see whether the oil is rancid or contains anything that shouldn't be there.

- We will try to contact olive oil expert Tom Mueller, ans we will ask him who can test our oil for "extra virginity", as we think an analytical lab is less qualified.

- We already emailed Zeta's HQ and told them we are analyzing their oil and we already threatened to sue them for damages if it turns out their oil is bad. Since we don't advertize, we will not survive as a business without positive word-of-mouth. That is our business model. Just out of sheer horror at the prospect of Zeta perhaps selling bad oil, I warned them that the results of our tests better be good - or else. I can't find negative reviews of their oil, or allegations they sell cut oil. I love their Feta cheese, I am very sure it's made of real goat cheese and not cut with cows' milk. We origianlly thought Zeta is a Greek product, since their Feta cheese is popular in Greece and claims to be an original Greek product.

If it turns out we sold rancid oil, god forbid, we will be compensating all our customers of course. We will do that proactively, emailing them ifthat may turn out to be necessary. We will be publishing the results of the various tests on our site, because if they are good, it means we prove the quality, if they are bad, we prove that it was not our fault (e.g. that we did not heat the oil, as has been suggested) and that we are honest and committed to quality.

We are about to start the next batch and we'll be shopping for an even better oil. However, someone in this thread was adamant that our oil was perfectly OK, and he said he knew what he was talking about. So it remains to be seen whether anything is wrong with it. Only the tests we are comissioning will bring clarity.

I am taking the product myself (1.5 ml/day for the past ten days) and it is very hard to say what its effects are, since I am chronically ill with neurological problems and inflammation etc. However I noticed two things that seem to be really new:

1. I am much more relaxed somehow.

2. I was able to walk up a hill on a road near our house without getting so much out of breath as I used to.

All this should be taken with a boulder of salt. It's purely subjective and it may very well have nothing to do with the C60. I am still on medications and they make me feel good on some days and much worse on others. But I will keep taking C60 in olive oil. And when we have more available, I will take higher doses.

Attached Files

Edited by SarahVaughter, 01 July 2012 - 03:19 PM.

• like x 2

#59 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

As to the taste: I remember that the first time I took our oil stright from the dropper into my mouth, that it was burning in my throat. I worried a little about that, thinking that was a sign of bad oil. I later assumed it must be the C60 that burns. However, I now understand that this burning is a sign of good quality oil. The oil stopped burrning now, but it is from the same bottle. Perhaps my throat got used to it.

Thanks for the reply Sarah. One quick comment. The lingering burn in the throat is a hallmark of good olive oil and is caused by the polyphenol and phyto-chemical content. One never gets used to this....good oil will always cause that characteristic tickling in the throat. If the oil no longer tickles the throat, then something has affected the polyphenols/phyto-chemicals or they have been damaged. We are all highly interested in what may be happening as we are all experimenting with our health.

#60 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well, I still think the oil tastes very strong but my initial reaction, when I took the first sip was "I hope that C60 won't eati its way through my throat". I have never drunk pure olive oil so I never experienced that. Sadly I can't judge whether the strong taste is a rancid taste or not. My husband says the oil is fine, but then again, he's the major shareholder of our company :-)

Edited by SarahVaughter, 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, buckminsterfullerene, antiaging, c60 human trial, c60 source, vaughter wellness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users