- - - - -

Basic DIY capping guide?

capping diy size 0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OdysseyIII

• 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Got my Cap-M-Quik (size "0"), got my gel caps, got my powders. Ran out of money so DON'T have a scale, but it seems like many supp dosages can be taken "give or take" a few milligrams. E.g. Lysine: I should take a least a gram a day to prevent herpes outbreaks, but is the difference between 900-1200mg really going to matter? Ditto Piracetam, Lecithin, Maca, Creatine, Magnesium, etc

That said, is there some kind of "table" or "guide" to the RANGE of how much of "X" supplement can fit into a given size gel cap? I can't imagine that everyone who caps their own supps uses a scale EVERY time. After the first 30 or so hours of capping, wouldn't one get a general idea of how many tsps, tbsps, bushels, pecks, etc are needed for an approximate dosage range?

Subject; 50 year old maie, lifelong depression (or more accurately, 'dysthymia'), low daytime energy, ADD (or whatever it is that causes the inability to pay attention during a phone conversation or concentrate in person if a television is on), moderate exercise, moderate alcohol intake, high sex drive but frequent performance issues.

Supps I have on hand and have been 'parachuting' with varying degrees of success (in no particular order):

Piracetam
DHEA
Theanine
Sulbutiamine
Longjack (Tongkat Ali)
Creatine
Magnesium Citrate
Maca
Horny Goat Weed
L-Arginine
Lysine
ALCAR