Photo
- - - - -

Supplement that has had largest effect on skin

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#31 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Ageforce put it in a patch, 25mg of real somatotropin. According to reports on the internets, it seems to work.

I researched this. I do not find it credible ...1. that a company could circumvent federal law against selling HGH OTC by putting it the form of a transdermal patch, 2. that a molecule as big a HGH could be absorbed transdermally.
This guy articulates other concerns about the company better than I could ... http://www.prohormon...gh-patches.html

It's a big company, so one has to assume that there's real somatotropin in the patch, otherwise their reputation would be gone forever. Absorption is another issue and I cannot really comment on that. I checked a few training logs and just about everyone seemed to report better sleep starting from day one and other benefits later on - of course that is subjective and the placebo-effect is real.

#32 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

How about HGH? I would not use it before I'm in my fifties but supposedly that thing really works. Since it's available OTC as a transdermal I would count it being a "supplement".

Where in the U.S. is transdermal HGH available OTC?

Ageforce put it in a patch, 25mg of real somatotropin. According to reports on the internets, it seems to work.

I researched this. I do not find it credible ...1. that a company could circumvent federal law against selling HGH OTC by putting it the form of a transdermal patch, 2. that a molecule as big a HGH could be absorbed transdermally.
This guy articulates other concerns about the company better than I could ... http://www.prohormon...gh-patches.html

Agreed, it is complete bunk. HGH is a very large peptide and is not absorbed transdermally. Only relative small molecules (e.g. steroids such as testosterone, estrogen, cortisone, etc.) are suitable for transdermal delivery.

The only thing the reports on the "internets" prove is the magnitude of the power of suggestion. :laugh:
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Agreed, it is complete bunk. HGH is a very large peptide and is not absorbed transdermally. Only relative small molecules (e.g. steroids such as testosterone, estrogen, cortisone, etc.) are suitable for transdermal delivery.

These guys claim they can deliver 10000+ Dalton molecules through the skin:

http://www.incubelab...ery/transdermal

This is way over the old 500 dalton limit...there's a possibility that these guys are not the only ones with that capability.

Edited by platypus, 27 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#34 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Big Company? ..... I do not think AgeForce aka Phase4Phamaeutical, LLC is a big company. Big companies are not headquartered in a strip mall between a pizza place and a dry cleaner. Big companies do not have three siblings (actually inow that I think about it, it is more likely one of the women is his wife) as the sole management. Big companies do have a president, Stephen Lapidus that obtained a PHd via a mail order University in Dominia named Concordia. And big companies do not register as LLCs.........
From the FL Secretary of State: PHASE 4 PHARMACEUTICAL, LLC Filing Information Document Number L99000004679 FEI/EIN Number 650949748 Date Filed 07/30/1999 State FL Status ACTIVE Last Event LC AMENDMENT Event Date Filed 02/08/2008 Event Effective Date NONE Principal Address 212 THREE ISLANDS BLVD
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009 Changed 01/20/2011 Mailing Address 212 THREE ISLANDS BLVD
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009 Changed 01/20/2011 Registered Agent Name & Address LAPIDUS, STEPHEN
212 THREE ISLANDS BLVD
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009 US Name Changed: 01/20/2011 Address Changed: 01/20/2011 Manager/Member Detail Name & Address Title MGRM LAPIDUS, STEPHEN
212 THREE ISLANDS BLVD #106
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009 Title MGR LAPIDUS, LESLIE
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009 Title MGR
LAPIDUS, STACEY
HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JohnD60, 27 August 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#35 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

These guys claim they can deliver 10000+ Dalton molecules through the skin:

http://www.incubelab...ery/transdermal

This is way over the old 500 dalton limit...there's a possibility that these guys are not the only ones with that capability.

Even if this is true and even if their system, whatever it may be, is being used by the mail-order company claiming to sell transdermal HGH mentioned in this thread, it would still not be good enough. HGH is 22,124 daltons, more than double the 10,000 daltons they quote as their upper range.

Edited by viveutvivas, 28 August 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#36 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Eating well, avoiding smoke, drugs, toxins, breathing fresh air, avoiding sun, avoiding excess alcohol, etc. will help your skin in the long run. There's no one supplement that helps everyone with anything.

I do all those things and yet my skin is still garbage. Ughhhh.

Have you tried Macademia oil for moisturizing? Just ordered some. The analytics have it trending up in the last two years. Gonna try it over a layer of Vit C, Vit E and ferulic acid

The only thing the reports on the "internets" prove is the magnitude of the power of suggestion. :laugh:

Interesting, I was reading a post by Hannah (who runs Skinactive's) that said the skin absorbs basically everything. mmm

#37 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Interesting, I was reading a post by Hannah (who runs Skinactive's) that said the skin absorbs basically everything. mmm

Even proteins? And her evidence for this is?

#38 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Even proteins? And her evidence for this is?

Um yeah. I might have to raise an issue. I'm already asking hard questions so don't want to overload. She put's herself out there as a truthy scientist, so hoping she will stick to that. Let's see.

#39 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Resveratrol (bioforte: 500mg 50%) definitely. Maybe Astaxanthin (4-8mg/day).

#40 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Um yeah. I might have to raise an issue. I'm already asking hard questions so don't want to overload. She put's herself out there as a truthy scientist, so hoping she will stick to that. Let's see.

Meh, don't like the vibe there. It seems intellectual curiosity, is given second rank to the authority driven consensus.

#41 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm currently using Derma e Tea Tree Oil w/ vitamin E(3,000 IU) and I like it very much; it's the best moisturizer I have used thus far. As for oral supplements, the only ones I currently take our vitamin K2, D3, C, multi-vitamin, Coq10, dark chocolate and brewed green/white tea (if it counts as a supplement? ), but since I have always used moisturizers I'm not sure how much effect the oral supplements have had on my skin.

#42 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

For me, C60 in EVOO, and ceramides from LEF, which I take a couple of times a week.

#43 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

For me, C60 in EVOO, and ceramides from LEF, which I take a couple of times a week.

Interesting, I used to take the ceramides but haven't for nearly a year now. I do take C60 in EVOO though; I assume you are referring to oral consumption and not topical application?

#44 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Interesting, I used to take the ceramides but haven't for nearly a year now. I do take C60 in EVOO though; I assume you are referring to oral consumption and not topical application?

Right.

#45 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Liposomal glutathione and vitamin C + vitamin E totally regenerated my skin in a matter of months.

#46 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

It seems like zinc has made my skin smoother and reduced acne.

#47 tommix

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

What nutrient(s) have you taken that you feel have had a discernable positive impact on any aspect of your skin health/appearance. I have used many compounds that are touted for producing visible skin improvement and have never noticed anything. Some of the more popuar nutrients that I have used to visibly bolster the health of my skin are grape seed OPCs, pycnogenol, silica, EFAs, GLAs, astaxanthin, lysine/proline, vitC, neocell type 1,3 collagen, etc. No visible effects whatsoever.

i would say that vitamin C of 2 grams per day doses (oral, not topical) really improved skin. not only for me, but also for my gf, i gave her vit c too and she noticed improvements too
.But people with thin blood should avoid such big doses of vitamin c cause it tends to thin blood. Mine is the apposite to thin, but after just 2 weeks of using it my blood became MUCH MUCH thinner (don't know the correct words for this in english). My blood used to instantly "freeze" stop bleeding (i have A lot erythrocytes, and i always beep at airports :D ) but now it doesn't. so be careful.

Edited by tommix, 16 November 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#48 james1589

• 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Liposomal glutathione and vitamin C + vitamin E totally regenerated my skin in a matter of months.

Could you share more ? What product did you use specifically ?

Thanks.

#49 starlight_starbright

• 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I have tried everything for my skin. I have a skin complaint that no doctor has ever been able to explain. It looks like herpes, but no test has ever found any evidence of it. I also have dry skin. The only thing that has made my skin appear closer to normal has been proper intake of water with electrolytes. I have tub after tub of the clif shot electrolyte powder in my cupboard. It has made an effective and positive change on my skin. It is more radiant, appears less wrinkled around the edges, and has reduced the swelling and sores from my skin condition. My dry skin has almost gone.

#50 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Vitamin B-complex has further improved the smoothness of my skin, and lowered acne.

#51 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have tried everything for my skin. I have a skin complaint that no doctor has ever been able to explain. It looks like herpes, but no test has ever found any evidence of it. I also have dry skin. The only thing that has made my skin appear closer to normal has been proper intake of water with electrolytes. I have tub after tub of the clif shot electrolyte powder in my cupboard. It has made an effective and positive change on my skin. It is more radiant, appears less wrinkled around the edges, and has reduced the swelling and sores from my skin condition. My dry skin has almost gone.

Have you tried going on a proper water/juice fast? If you are in otherwise good health, then after a week (3 for juice fasting) they should go away if it's related to diet, digestion, or elimination. If they don't go away, then no big deal, you are a lot cleaner on the inside, your cravings will be gone, and you can use it all as an opportunity to reset what you eat.

#52 BDon

• 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Vitamin D-3 @ 5,000 iu ~ take 4-6 caps per night.
Vitamin C 7,000 mg per day
Argan Oil
Eat Fatty-Fish Oil (Instead of supplementing with high-dose of Omega-3 Oil).
Vitamin B-3 Niacin 500 (6-8 x daily)
MSM 10-20g daily.

I noticed Cissus Quad. to also have effect.

I also have a special soap that I got from Morocco that works amazing! Natural soap basically no chemicals etc. It has a weird odor/scent but it works amazing!

Last thing too much. Keeping a low body-fat year round helps also. Certain foods also help I noticed (doing Fasting diet, Low-carb approach). Cardio can help due to excess sweating so maybe something with pores? 3-4x a week at 60min cardio at least.

Last but not least.. Sauna !

#53 YOLF

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

I've noticed nice benefits from Banana Boat Sport Performance Active MAX Protection 100SPF. I don't know if it is just an illusion created by temporary chemistry or whether it makes your skin healthier, but it does improve skin appearance.

I've also taken Biocell Collagen Type II orally and had good results but the body makes and depletes so much more on a daily basis that the recommended dosage is a drop in the bucket, though taking it in large doses will temporarily improve your skin if you can afford it.

Neutrogena makes a great hand cream for chapped hands that if applied several times a day will make your hands look like a teenager's, but the effects aren't lasting unless you keep rubbing the stuff in. I think the only active in it is vegetable glycerin.

Melatonin can improve skin appearance IMO also, esp high doses each night, but it can make you sleepy during the day. I'm also not able to figure out if the melatonin sold in stores and online is bio-identical and what exactly that means in the context of melatonin. I know if comes from an animal source, but is the animal source analogous to the human source as is the case with some other hormones? An answer to this one would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 04 January 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#54 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I've been taking 5mg K2 MK-4 for 2 weeks now and my skin is noticeably smoother to the touch all over my body.

#55 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm also not able to figure out if the melatonin sold in stores and online is bio-identical and what exactly that means in the context of melatonin. I know if comes from an animal source, but is the animal source analogous to the human source as is the case with some other hormones? An answer to this one would be greatly appreciated.

Melatonin is a specific chemical compound, and if a single atom is different, then it isn't melatonin. However, there is precedent in the supplement industry to be sloppy with chemical nomenclature (the folate/folic acid bungle). I suspect that in the case of melatonin, because it's such a simple molecule, that melatonin is melatonin, even in the supplement world.

#56 YOLF

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Careful, I can't remember how much of that stuff that I was taking, but the Ks are clotting factors, so watch you blood pressure. I was in my mid 20s when it happened.

I've been taking 5mg K2 MK-4 for 2 weeks now and my skin is noticeably smoother to the touch all over my body.

I'm also not able to figure out if the melatonin sold in stores and online is bio-identical and what exactly that means in the context of melatonin. I know if comes from an animal source, but is the animal source analogous to the human source as is the case with some other hormones? An answer to this one would be greatly appreciated.

Melatonin is a specific chemical compound, and if a single atom is different, then it isn't melatonin. However, there is precedent in the supplement industry to be sloppy with chemical nomenclature (the folate/folic acid bungle). I suspect that in the case of melatonin, because it's such a simple molecule, that melatonin is melatonin, even in the supplement world.

#57 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Careful, I can't remember how much of that stuff that I was taking, but the Ks are clotting factors, so watch you blood pressure. I was in my mid 20s when it happened.

When what happened? Besides, wouldn't K2 lower blood pressure rather than increase it, since it reverses calcification?

Edited by Jembe, 07 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#58 YOLF

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

When what happened? Besides, wouldn't K2 lower blood pressure rather than increase it, since it reverses calcification?

Taking it for a few days increased my blood pressure dramatically. At the peak (when I decided it was too much) I had trouble breathing and some pretty severe angina which persisted for a few days after and kept me from sleeping. It doesn't look like I kept the bottle or I'd compare doses. Mine was a K complex though, had MK2 menaquinone or something like that in it and some other K2 with a similar name.

#59 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I think MK-7 has brought side effects for some people.

#60 BDon

• 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

^ You think so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users