NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3631 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

I am not taking it yet, because one of my concerns is in fact the dosing: I am not keen on weighing each dose and neither do I want to 'eyeball' with a mini scoop. Other products can be diluted in pg which makes dosing much easier, but not nsi-189 afaik.

just use the scoop AND weigh it after for a couple of times, I'm pretty sure you'll find yourself filling the scoop pretty accurately in a short time.

#3632 signsandwonders

• 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Why are you guys still doing group buys? Is there no site selling it in the US yet? In the UK I can just buy it from the same site I get other nootropics from, although it's about $25 for 20 x 20mg.

• Ill informed x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3633 panel

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

Hello

I have finished 7 weeks trial a week ago of NSI (This is my 3rd trial but this is the longest)

Dosage: 2x50mg.

Results: My mind is definitly more peacefull and I am more calm. 

My mind seems to be able process more information becouse

- I can hear more (newly processed sounds usually scare me becouse In the same enviroment I have never noticed them before)

- I can see more (I am noticing new details in places witch are already familiar to me).

Effects seems to last after I stopped taking NSI.

Only side effect I have is that I was tired for about a weeek (3-4 days very tired and less tired for next 3 days).

I am going to start next trial soon.

Edited by panel, 04 January 2016 - 12:01 PM.

• Informative x 1

#3634 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Hello

I have finished 7 weeks trial a week ago of NSI (This is my 3rd trial but this is the longest)

Dosage: 2x50mg.

Results: My mind is definitly more peacefull and I am more calm. 

My mind seems to be able process more information becouse

- I can hear more (newly processed sounds usually scare me becouse In the same enviroment I have never noticed them before)

- I can see more (I am noticing new details in places witch are already familiar to me).

Effects seems to last after I stopped taking NSI.

Only side effect I have is that I was tired for about a weeek (3-4 days very tired and less tired for next 3 days).

I am going to start next trial soon.

Thats a high dose, no?

Could it be the reason why it did not work for me, as I was running on 40mg and sometimes 60mg a day?

#3635 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

Do you guys still need NSI? I bought bulk for myself and would be willing to part with some for the greater good. Probably $35/g. Let me know via PM.

#3636 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

If you're taking this compound, how are you dosing it?

Me - 20-40mg sublingually, first thing in the morning.

wow that is high sublingual dosage.

I aim for 4-5 mg sublingually in the morning. (and sometimes evening).

Any reason for taking such high dosage? Isn't that like a factor 7-8 compared to taking it orally?

#3637 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Any reason for taking such high dosage? Isn't that like a factor 7-8 compared to taking it orally?

I don't feel anything acute (even) on this dose and I think that's what (20mg) Strangelove mentioned earlier in this thread.

I think taking only 4-5mg is wasting your time unless you are very sensitive and can feel any effects from it.

#3638 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

I always ship same or next day, but I am down with fever and it may take some extra time shipping and replying to PMs.

Also, I just got an email that the freebase batch stuck in customs, thats a bummer...! 

Edited by Strangelove, 05 January 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#3639 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Be well soon, SL.
I really think we should have a thread just summarizing what we know about NSI-189 plus experiences. This thread here is know mainly repetition for new users.
It's on my list as soon as my computer is working again. Anybody wanna help?
  • Cheerful x 1

#3640 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

I don't feel anything acute (even) on this dose and I think that's what (20mg) Strangelove mentioned earlier in this thread.

I think taking only 4-5mg is wasting your time unless you are very sensitive and can feel any effects from it.

I believe that most people are taking around 40mg orally. But I haven't really followed up the last couple of months so maybe new things have come to light in regards to taking it sublingually

#3641 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Anybody wanna help?

I can probably squeeze in a couple of hours here and there to work on it with you.

#3642 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

Does anyone use this with nasal steroid sprays and not encounter any problems? I have no idea how it might affect its metabolism/don't want to risk Cushing's Syndrome.

Edited by justabody, 06 January 2016 - 03:30 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#3643 panel

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Anybody wanna help?

I can probably squeeze in a couple of hours here and there to work on it with you.

O also Can help. Where do we start? ;-)

#3644 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

Be well soon, SL.
I really think we should have a thread just summarizing what we know about NSI-189 plus experiences. This thread here is know mainly repetition for new users.
It's on my list as soon as my computer is working again. Anybody wanna help?

Thank you LF, I ll put together everything I know so we can piece this together.

#3645 beartato

• 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

I want to start assembling everything I need to cap up this material.  Thinking I'll do 40mg capsules.  Obviously I need a good scale, some trays and some capsules.  I haven't encapsulated my own material before.  I think I remember reading a good how too at some point but can't remember where I saw it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

What are people using for their filler material? 

Powdercity has an excellent guide on everything you need to know about capping powders here.

#3646 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:10 AM

Good question; what exactly would you like us to do? I have a lot of free time this week and can get started ASAP if you could give me an outline of exactly what you need done.

#3647 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

I want to start assembling everything I need to cap up this material.  Thinking I'll do 40mg capsules.  Obviously I need a good scale, some trays and some capsules.  I haven't encapsulated my own material before.  I think I remember reading a good how too at some point but can't remember where I saw it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

What are people using for their filler material? 

Powdercity has an excellent guide on everything you need to know about capping powders here.

Thanks.  That is exactly the how to that I had seen earlier.

Do you cap  NSI-189? Any recommendations for a good filler material?  Maybe something synergistic?  This is for someone that is on a dementia path.  I'm thinking either Taurine or Vitamin D.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 07 January 2016 - 04:24 AM.

#3648 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

@beartato that's a great how-to!

#3649 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Good question; what exactly would you like us to do? I have a lot of free time this week and can get started ASAP if you could give me an outline of exactly what you need done.
Well, we should collect what we know and suspect, differentiate clearly between both and use references.
First starting point would be the Neuralstem sources.
Guiding point is: How to best inform someone who is new to NSI-189 what it is, what are dangers, how it is best taken and so on.
When it comes to side effects and effects in general, we should collect what people told us in this thread (and possibly elsewhere, say on reddit). After we have this, we can count how often it was reported to include it into our final post.
For example headache seems to be a pretty common side effect. To a new user it would also be of interest, if this is transient or will stay for the time if treatment. How (if) can it be influenced? Will the headache pass if dosage is lowered or split into smaller doses over the day?

#3650 signsandwonders

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

In my experience I had a mild headache the first couple of times I took NSI. I also had paresthesia in my arms for an hour after taking it for the first 4-5 days. Now I have no noticeable side effects.

However, I'm on day 20 (20mg twice a day, 26 year old male.) and I'm not sure if any of the problems I'm taking it for are improving. I feel like those who experience immediate antidepressant effects upon taking NSI are just placebo (but I could be wrong). I have general anxiety, social anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, BDD and mild PTSD. I'm hoping NSI will repair the damage from childhood stress and years of anxiety and depression. Any further cognitive improvements would be a great bonus.

How many of you are taking NSI for more than 28 days?

Edit: by the way, it's important to note t hat I've also had a very stressful few weeks which have increased my anxiety and depression. And I'm just watching my life savings turn to nothing in the stock market right now.

Edited by signsandwonders, 07 January 2016 - 10:26 AM.

#3651 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

In my experience I had a mild headache the first couple of times I took NSI. I also had paresthesia in my arms for an hour after taking it for the first 4-5 days. Now I have no noticeable side effects.

However, I'm on day 20 (20mg twice a day, 26 year old male.) and I'm not sure if any of the problems I'm taking it for are improving. I feel like those who experience immediate antidepressant effects upon taking NSI are just placebo (but I could be wrong). I have general anxiety, social anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, BDD and mild PTSD. I'm hoping NSI will repair the damage from childhood stress and years of anxiety and depression. Any further cognitive improvements would be a great bonus.

Edit: by the way, it's important to note t hat I've also had a very stressful few weeks which have increased my anxiety and depression. And I'm just watching my life savings turn to nothing in the stock market right now.

Some, I guess it's been few months for me, not regular, once per few days I guess.

At least you have/had savings ^_^

#3652 signsandwonders

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

Some, I guess it's been few months for me, not regular, once per few days I guess.

Why only once every few days? I'd imagine you'd get the most benefit from using it consistently/daily. 

And my savings are all I have as I can't really work with my issues and I have no idea what I'm gonna do in the future when I run out so it's pretty scary. But yeah, I'm lucky to have some :) 

Is there a thread where people discuss NSI experiences rather than how to take it/buy it/whatever?

#3653 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

Why only once every few days? I'd imagine you'd get the most benefit from using it consistently/daily. 

And my savings are all I have as I can't really work with my issues and I have no idea what I'm gonna do in the future when I run out so it's pretty scary. But yeah, I'm lucky to have some :)

Is there a thread where people discuss NSI experiences rather than how to take it/buy it/whatever?

This is this thread, but also reddit and few others. You have to dig.

I am taking once per few days because I am not 100% sure it's safe long long term, am working full time so I just prefer to relax, I do not take it usually when I want to drink some alcohol or try new substance for stack. I also do not take it when I am sick, and during last weeks we have attacks of flu and what not so when I feel unwell I also do not take this. That's why on average it's just once per few days.

Right now I need magic pill for immune system/stomach.

Btw for depressed person: imagine you were born in some poor place in africa and good luck with surviving, having a job kids etc. Compare it to where you are, is it worse?

Edited by thedarkbobo, 07 January 2016 - 11:11 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#3654 signsandwonders

• 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

Some people will always have it worse but that doesn't make your situation better. I don't know too much about poor countries in Africa so it's hard to answer, but I'd say someone with severe mental disorders in a first world country has it pretty bad regardless.

First world problems are still problems, and when you're in this state it's really hard—if not impossible—to be content and appreciate the basics in life (clean water, food, etc), especially when you've had them your entire life and even mentally healthy people take them for granted. Many of us, particularly the anxious, are seemingly wired to never be happy with what we have. I'm always thinking about what else I could (or should) be doing, worrying about pretty much everything, wondering what terrible thing is going to happen next and living in a constant state of anxiety, and always feeling incomplete etc. etc.

When I've taken GABAergics like Phenibut I've finally felt "okay" with the present moment (temporarily) and I think that's something a lot of people (the non-anxious) including yourself feel naturally a lot of the time. That's basically what I'm looking for :(

Anyway I can't really articulate my ideas on this Africa thought experiment without risking sounding ignorant and I went on a tangent so anyway let's stay on topic :)

Edited by signsandwonders, 07 January 2016 - 11:17 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Agree x 2

#3655 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

Yeah no, this nonsense about telling a depressed person things could be worse is only more depressing. You are either depressed because of psychological or physiological reasons. Physiological, it's easy, just stop eating garbage food. Maybe get a nutritional evaluation done. If it's psychological you need follow Apollo's advice and get to know thyself. If you have no higher purpose in your life beyond whatever the animal that is your body is craving you're going to have a bad time. Frankl called it existential vacuum. The surest path to misery is self indulgence.
  • Off-Topic x 4
  • Ill informed x 3
  • like x 1

#3656 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

For all of you who are struggling with severe or treatment resistant depression, also anxiety and who've tried SSRI treatment or venlafaxine and it didn't really help. Try treatment with MAOIs!
Tranylcypromine will do for most, Phenelzine for many others.
I just started phenelzine some weeks ago and my mood and anxiety haven't been so good for at least 15 years. Also, cognitive deficits are much better now.
I've read a lot about and I know now that SSRI's don't work effectively in almost all depressed patients (at least as a monotherapy), which has also been my own experience.
Phenelzine has a advantage for anxiety/social phobia, that it also inhibits GABA-transaminase.
On the other hand, tranylcypromine is more benign in side effects.
If you read about these medications, keep in mind that a lot of what is written about them is inaccurate. Visit psychotropical.com for better information.
  • Off-Topic x 4
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 3

#3657 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Getting back to nsi-189, I have a scale but am curious about the dose in one micro-scoop (red one) of nsi-189.  I'd test it myself but am waiting for said RC.

Thanks.

#3658 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

show a picture if its the really small one it was only like 5 mg when I checked

#3659 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

I am taking once per few days because I am not 100% sure it's safe long long term, am working full time so I just prefer to relax, I do not take it usually when I want to drink some alcohol or try new substance for stack. I also do not take it when I am sick, and during last weeks we have attacks of flu and what not so when I feel unwell I also do not take this. That's why on average it's just once per few days.

Btw for depressed person: imagine you were born in some poor place in africa and good luck with surviving, having a job kids etc. Compare it to where you are, is it worse?

African ppl are always singing, dancing, fucking and killing each other as far as I can tell, so no, it is not worse.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3660 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

African ppl are always singing, dancing, fucking and killing each other as far as I can tell, so no, it is not worse.

I noticed a good # of posts on infection/inflammation here.

Virgin Coconut Oil (Lauric etc  Acid) has the ability to disrupt/strip the lipid layer of lipid coated virii.

ie:  All the virii you can't get an immunization shot for like HSV, EBV, CMV etc.
This lipid layer basically disguises the virii as a nutrient, enabling them to evade the immune system and dack with/infect cells....
VCO also kills a good many nasty bacteria that use similar tricks, including Candida which is a NAD+ auxotroph...

NB that once a cell is infected the VCO can get at it so taking it when you feel bad a forgetting it when you feel better isnt an option.
Dosage: 1 tblspn 3-4X daily.

Once you have the bugs exposed; boost the immune system:

D3 2000-6000 IUs depending on sun exposure.
Olive leaf extract.
Astragalus

Ceylon Cinnamon

etc.

BTW I'm in South Africa and white and thus the unemployed 'guy' being killed rather than one of those fucking, singing and dancing!   :)

Edited by Logic, 07 January 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users