nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3961 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

Irony,

Once a day is fine. though studies showed a slightly higher efficiency with 2x a day dosing of 40mg.

You can take it orally, sublingual not required.

No interaction with Nortriptyline. I've taken it with it.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3962 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Once a day, sublingually seems to work just fine for me. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3963 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:10 AM

Freebase is best taken sublingually, it is less potent orally. Phosphate tastes awful and is more potent orally.

#3964 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

There's no study showing bioavailability of freebase vs phosphate. All the trials show is phosphate.

I'm not sure how freebase came to fruition, or why people think it needs to be taken sublingually.

• Good Point x 1

#3965 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Also there's Ceretropics version of the molecule,  granted they had to cease making it do to copy right infringements and being located in the states,  i found there version to be nearly as strong as the phosphate if not equal yet slightly different,  anyone else tried all three and wants to chime in on any differences in experience.

#3966 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

Does anyone want to comment on the released affinities for DA/NET etc?

• Enjoying the show x 1

#3967 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:58 AM

There's no study showing bioavailability of freebase vs phosphate. All the trials show is phosphate.

I'm not sure how freebase came to fruition, or why people think it needs to be taken sublingually.

You can reason about this from first principles. Without the phosphate ion it is membrane permeable making it more bioavailable sublingually and less so in the digestive tract. There is also a breadth of anecdotes corroborating as much.

#3968 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

so almost two weeks after trying NSI with a bad result I'm starting to feel a bit better. However certain things still set off the symptoms, including calcium (like from kale or kefir) and caffeine. I just tried L-theanine 50mg which I used to take with no issues. The L-theanine seems to have set off the symptoms again--dizziness, headache, labored breathing, cold hands. Any thoughts as to why this might happen?

#3969 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:25 PM

Sounds like your nervous system is very sensitive at the moment. Are you still able to take all your other supplements?

#3970 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

Sounds like your nervous system is very sensitive at the moment. Are you still able to take all your other supplements?

Seems that anything with any impact on the brain sets me off. So I can take supps like herbs and vitamins but nothing remotely nootropic, although I can take fish oil no problem

#3971 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Hey strangelove I sent you my address and payment PayPal please pm me if you received it thank you
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4

#3972 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hey strangelove I sent you PayPal
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 7

#3973 Advaita

• 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

I have been using NSI-189 since 4 weeks. I ordered from "Nick Kyz" , I am not sure if it contains phosphate. But I am seeing amazing results with mild side effects.

When I take 40mg per day for 2-3 days 

Positives

I feel amazing clarity in my thoughts and in my actions. I feel my focus improves tremendously. I can see the result in the quality of my work. For example, I wrote a very complex technical paper and everyone in my management loved it. I am able to communicate better

I felt the 2-3 days of 40mg per day dosage stays for next 3-4 days, i.e. effects sustain for next 3-4 days and the effects diminish gradually.

Negatives

I do not know if NSI-189 is meant to bring in permanent effects but for me the effects I described above diminish after few days and I need to take NSI-189 again for 2 to 3 days. 

Greatly reduced sex drive.

Momentary blackouts. When I am working or communicating I suddenly forget what I am about to do or say next. It's for a second and then it comes back . It happened for 2-3 times. 

Confusing sleep patterns. As described above, my dosage is 40mg for 2-3 days. The first dosage day I get amazing sleep , in fact, I feel exhausted. But by the third day I feel opposite effect, i.e. I do not feel like sleeping and keep on working. If I force myself to sleep then I will have disturbed sleep. This one of the main reasons why I am limiting the dosage for only 2-3 days a week. 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#3974 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

I have bought all the NSI-189 phosphate from the source I GC/MS tested before, there is no much quality NSI-189 phosphate around (if any) so anyone interested using NSI-189 for the long-term, I ll be posting soon when I have it.

NSI-189 phosphate has a long self life (in contrast with the freebase). It has been posted before from the generally very knowledgeable member ScienceGuy that arranged the second NSI-189 group synthesis, that due to the phosphate salt, its self life could be 3-5 years or even more.

The lab I am buying could perform a new NSI-189 phosphate synthesis for a group buy also, at reasonable prices, cheaper than previous group buys.

Edit: The price remains at $24-$16/gram, with shipping included.

Edited by Strangelove, 04 April 2016 - 07:22 PM.

#3975 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

I wonder what the shelf life is for the freebase?

#3976 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

I tried to find out but I did not get a clear answer, there were discussions in the past in Longecity saying no more than two years.

My current source synthesized NSI-189 freebase almost a year ago, and now gives it a self life of one more year, although is not clear what reduction in potency we should expect. This seems to corroborate with a two years self life.

Try to press well the ziplog bag to get most air out, freebase seems to absorb moisture easily making granules.(easy to break up though). I saw this from a small ziplog bag I was using and left open, now I am more careful handling it. Nevertheless both have the same effect, and as freebase is not bitter is easier to use sublingualy.

#3977 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Thanks

#3978 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:31 AM

Does anyone want to comment on the released affinities for DA/NET etc?

Good question. They could help explain the occurrence of subjective effects well in advance of potential neurogenic mechanisms. I'm not conversant in binding affinity lingo but those values for the DA and especially NET transporters may be enough to account for some of the anxiogenic impressions reported in this thread. There has also been some speculation about cortisol modulation but this appears to warrant a closer look.

As an aside it's interesting to note that the investigator Fava was also associated with the discovery of apparent neurogenic and antidepressant properties for the combination of buspirone and melatonin that was the subject of another thread.

#3979 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:10 AM

Hi all, 

Anecdote: I have been trialing NSI for apprx. a week now with excellent results. I have been dosing 40mg sublingual (freebase) BID. I felt the initial effects after my 1st dose. This may have been placebo... however, I am a recovering addict so if I don't "feel" or notice something, I am very aware of it. Within the past week, I have noticed an increase in confidence in my work & social lives. I seem to have more faith in my capacity to tackle situations.

My job involves copying prescription numbers which I USUALLY have to read and copy a few numbers at a time, but I have been able to memorize the entire number of late. I have also been more task oriented. I have been keeping a to-do list at work which is very unlike me. As a result, my productivity has gone up immensely. 

I have suffered from minor social anxiety for most of my life, and treatment-resistant MDD. I currently take Parnate, Lamictal, & Remeron. It has been working for me for quite some time now, with minor relapses into depression and persisting anhedonia. It seems the NSI has helped tremendously with the anhedonia. I recently started school as well, I find myself completing assignments early & being able to speak articulately without second guessing myself. I believe my emotional intelligence has increased as well to some extent. 

Pretty cool compound, if you ask me. 

Edited by Stephen Clark, 05 April 2016 - 05:12 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3980 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hi all, 

Anecdote: I have been trialing NSI for apprx. a week now with excellent results. I have been dosing 40mg sublingual (freebase) BID. I felt the initial effects after my 1st dose. This may have been placebo... however, I am a recovering addict so if I don't "feel" or notice something, I am very aware of it. Within the past week, I have noticed an increase in confidence in my work & social lives. I seem to have more faith in my capacity to tackle situations.

My job involves copying prescription numbers which I USUALLY have to read and copy a few numbers at a time, but I have been able to memorize the entire number of late. I have also been more task oriented. I have been keeping a to-do list at work which is very unlike me. As a result, my productivity has gone up immensely. 

I have suffered from minor social anxiety for most of my life, and treatment-resistant MDD. I currently take Parnate, Lamictal, & Remeron. It has been working for me for quite some time now, with minor relapses into depression and persisting anhedonia. It seems the NSI has helped tremendously with the anhedonia. I recently started school as well, I find myself completing assignments early & being able to speak articulately without second guessing myself. I believe my emotional intelligence has increased as well to some extent. 

Pretty cool compound, if you ask me. 

Stephen, great to hear! I was using a very similar antidepressant combo, but I have switched remeron with tianeptine sulfate.

• like x 1

#3981 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

Wow that is amazing. I have more anxiety than depression and Im debating whether or not to start vortioxetine(brintellix) and then trying nsi or going straight to the nsi. I hope to get a response like you, I hope it keeps up for you.

• like x 1

#3982 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:22 AM

NSI with MAOIs is very potent indeed.

I think that's Why Stephen is getting a good response.

We know now that NSI has affinity for the dopamine transporter. With something like Parnate, or Moclobemide, which would further increase its effectiveness, in theory.

NSI with MAOIs is very potent indeed.

I think that's Why Stephen is getting a good response.

We know now that NSI has affinity for the dopamine transporter. With something like Parnate, or Moclobemide, which would further increase its effectiveness, in theory.

• Agree x 1

#3983 PureCacao

• 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:26 AM

Jaiho,

Would you be able to explain a little further in laymens terms how NSI-189 works with dopamine (or point me in the right direction of where to read up on it)?

I have read this entire thread and a lot of info on NSI-189 but did not know it had anything to do with dopamine.

#3984 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

Jaiho,

Would you be able to explain a little further in laymens terms how NSI-189 works with dopamine (or point me in the right direction of where to read up on it)?

I have read this entire thread and a lot of info on NSI-189 but did not know it had anything to do with dopamine.

See page 17 of this PDF: http://investor.neur...esentation+.pdf

Here is what raging_goldfish has to say about this on reddit:

Combing through the pdf, it looks like its antidepressant (neurogenic) effect comes from a combination of norepinephrine reuptake inhibition + light dopaminergic reuptake inhibition, mu opioid + delta opioid agonism (Just like tianeptine), and 5-HT7 antagonism (Has anti-depressant and neurogenic effects in lab mice/rats, supposedly faster than SSRIs).

Here's the link for the potential of 5-HT7 antagonism for neurogenesis/anti-depression

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3079839/

The same presentation also says:

A new chemical entity with novel mechanism of action,
molecular target yet unknown, but not mediated by SSRI or
SNRI or by BDNF release or via any known GPCRs,
kinases, or channels

Stimulates hippocampal neurogenesis and increases
hippocampal volume in young, healthy, normal mouse

Edited by Raman, 06 April 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#3985 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

Here is what raging_goldfish has to say about this on reddit:

Combing through the pdf, it looks like its antidepressant (neurogenic) effect comes from a combination of norepinephrine reuptake inhibition + light dopaminergic reuptake inhibition, mu opioid + delta opioid agonism (Just like tianeptine), and 5-HT7 antagonism (Has anti-depressant and neurogenic effects in lab mice/rats, supposedly faster than SSRIs).

Here's the link for the potential of 5-HT7 antagonism for neurogenesis/anti-depression

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3079839/

This answers my question as to why I had a mild hypertensive episode 2 days ago. I unintentionally took more than my intended 40mg dose of NSI, damn those red plastic scoops. It started with the infamous throbbing headache (easily distinguishable from other types of headaches for those who have had them). I took my pressure just to confirm that I was indeed hypertensive.

I can rule out the "cheese effect" completely, as I had just woken up and hadn't eaten anything. 

This could all be purely coincidental... but the idea of an NDRI aspect makes a lot of sense to me based off of my experience.

Edited by Stephen Clark, 06 April 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#3986 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

I have bought all the NSI-189 phosphate from the source I GC/MS tested before, there is no much quality NSI-189 phosphate around (if any) so anyone interested using NSI-189 for the long-term, I ll be posting soon when I have it.

NSI-189 phosphate has a long self life (in contrast with the freebase). It has been posted before from the generally very knowledgeable member ScienceGuy that arranged the second NSI-189 group synthesis, that due to the phosphate salt, its self life could be 3-5 years or even more.

The lab I am buying could perform a new NSI-189 phosphate synthesis for a group buy also, at reasonable prices, cheaper than previous group buys.

Edit: The price remains at $24-$16/gram, with shipping included.

I need a bit of clarification here, are we purchasing the NSI from you or is this a group buy?

If it's a group buy by when would you need the money?

Why don't you store the NSI in a freezer it should help increase it's shelf-life?

I'm may be interested on getting 10 g of the phosphate form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been trying the NSI from Nyle for about 2 weeks @ ~21mg/day, but seen how some people are going much higher I may need to up my dose.

I have notice a few things:

1.  I originally felt more tired not a crash, but just tired.

2.  I didn't got any increase in appetite.

3.  It gave me depression after a few days.

4.  I try adding pramipexole .2mg with NSI, and it seem to help with the depression a little.

5. 9 methyl beta carboline + NSI stop the depression I got from NSI.

6. 9 methyl beta carboline + NSI + pramipexole, gave me a strange energy.  I was energetic but not too much, and I wasn't wired like caffeine, or like with too much dopamine.  I felt energetic and serious.

7. I got no seretonine syndrome.

8. Mental performance wise, I haven't notice anything.

Oh, and one more thing I'm on Rasagiline @ .25mg and Selegiline@ 1.25mg /day.

#3987 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

If nsi does agonize the mu opoid and delta opoid receptors wouldnt there be a withdrawal. It seems like people are able to stop without any withdrawal whatsoever some are even cycling it.

#3988 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

If nsi does agonize the mu opoid and delta opoid receptors wouldnt there be a withdrawal. It seems like people are able to stop without any withdrawal whatsoever some are even cycling it.

Intresting, one thing I have notice is that I don't feel the need to take NSI, as I did with tianeptine.  I remember that I would wake up in the mornings and the first thing in my mind was "hmmm, I need to take my tianeptine."  It was weird I felt like I needed to keep taking it.  That's something I didn't felt with any other stuff.  Personally I attribute this to Tianeptine effect on the opoid receptor.

#3989 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

Has anyone stacked NSI with LDN? I have some naltrexone, could try it out...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3990 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

I need a bit of clarification here, are we purchasing the NSI from you or is this a group buy?

If it's a group buy by when would you need the money?

Yes, I can supply third party tested NSI-189 at the price mentioned before, $24-$16/gram.

A cheap group synthesis is also possible if needed in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users