NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4171 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

I started taking NSI-189 3 days ago 20 mg BID. I feel absolutely exhausted on this stuff! I need to down gallons of coffee to get myself doing anything. Even modafinil is of short help. Did this side-effect go away for anyone else? What compounds did you find helped with the fatigue?
I'm not feeling much positives yet, maybe less stress, but this could be put down on the excessive sleepiness and weakness it makes me feel.

Yep, I had this too. It goes away after a few weeks. I don't know why this happens, but I tell myself: growing new neurons takes a lot of energy. So that it gives me the feeling that I'm kinda happy with that effect. Keeps me going.
  • Agree x 3

#4172 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

Have anyone tried a 1xdaily low dose of 5mg??

I have recently ordered freebase NSI-189 and have decided to try microdosing the stuff sublingually.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4173 franbird

• 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

Another recipient of Strangelove's NSI-189 checking in.

I've been dosing at 2 x 30mg daily with increasing success and overall feeling of well-being

• Agree x 2

#4174 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

Are you using the micro scoop. If so would you say about 10mgs per scoop?

#4175 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply to some PMs about NSI-189, price is still $24/$16gram with shipping included, Neuralstem did not shut me down just yet, but it seems they sent some new cease and desist letters.

I was late replying because I took a day off making a somewhat succesful experiment to reset my anxiety levels after some very stressful situetions I have gone through.

A couple months ago another member sent me a link with some PDF books about psychedelics used in therapeutical settings. They were also included experiences with people microdosing with LSD and mushrooms at around 1/10 "regular" doses every three days or so, some where doing this for years, getting a boost in mood, been more creative, more open minded, having less anxiety and other benefits. I am not a fun of psychedelics (at least in larger doses) but I remembered one time many years ago that 1/4 of an LSD blotter totaly erased my anxiety for a couple weeks getting closer to a stressful event. 

As I did not want to order a scheduled drug like LSD, I searched for LSD analogues. One of them, "AL-LAD" gives a smoother experience than LSD, with less visuals, and a shorter duration. I tried 1/4 of a blotter two days ago, went in the beach with a friend and spent most of the rest of the day watching inspiring/motivational videos in youtube. Overall it was a good experience, and after two days I am feeling more optimistic and more balanced. The experience did not have much of a psychedelic tone to it, probably because the dose was small. Nevertheless the combination of the small AL-LAD dose with the sunny walk in the beach and mostly the positive messages in youtube they have brought me in a better state of mind. I am not going to make it a regular habit, but I ll probably try a few more small doses over the course of the summer to see if it maybe has a positive long-term influnce in my psychological well being. Reading experiences on line, microdosing can put you in a more receptive state to positive messages/images. 

I do not advocate anyone trying this, especially if is just for fan, I am also against large psychedelic doses because are difficult to control. 

#4176 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

i have taken a good number of hallucinogenic's in my time in large and small doses

they taught me a lot about myself  such as the first time i took mescaline i was confronted with the fact that I was entirely selfish and only actually cared about doing whatever i wanted .(I was 20 it was entirely true)

they have also been good for planning , they give you the ability to see the forest instead of looking at the trees

if we think of the tales of old the "hero" would visit a witch (Sharman ,apothecary)  and take a magic brew or potion to give them greater insights on the situation. in the tales the "hero " would undergo an ordeal and have "visions " as part of this

a great deal of respect and care should be taken with them.

its ashame in the right enviroment with the right people they could be used to change lives

but they can be equally damaging

i find that pregnenolone has amazing for stress 

it blocks the chemical signals that are "stress "the end result being that i exprence it entirely intellectually with out being stressed out .

"this situation is very stressful " i say clamly as i carry on working .

it also fixing the nerve damage caused by stress

• Off-Topic x 2

#4177 alikzair

• 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

I have found microdoses of DMT very beneficial for well being and overall reduction in anxiety.
  • Off-Topic x 2

#4178 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

I have found microdoses of DMT very beneficial for well being and overall reduction in anxiety.

As there are very active enzymes through out the body scavenging DMT molecules to degrade, How did you take microdoses of DMT?!

Edited by psychejunkie, 15 May 2016 - 05:26 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#4179 alikzair

• 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

I just found that by using a much smaller amount than somebody would normally use as an average dose gave me a reduction in anxiety that lasted for a good week or so.
  • Off-Topic x 2

#4180 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm hoping someone out there can PM me a reliable source for NSI-189. I'm considering buying from an ebay vendor, but am afraid the product will not deliver. If anyone has experience with this, please PM me.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#4181 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

A couple months ago another member sent me a link with some PDF books about psychedelics used in therapeutical settings. They were also included experiences with people microdosing with LSD and mushrooms at around 1/10 "regular" doses every three days or so, some where doing this for years, getting a boost in mood, been more creative, more open minded, having less anxiety and other benefits. I am not a fun of psychedelics (at least in larger doses) but I remembered one time many years ago that 1/4 of an LSD blotter totaly erased my anxiety for a couple weeks getting closer to a stressful event.

Microdosing mushrooms did not work for me. It seems that not everything is good for everyone. But microdosing LSD is another story: more creative, better learning, less anxiety, less addicted to internet. James Fadiman does tremendous work in the field of microdosing.

1/4 blotter didn't give you any visual effects?

• Off-Topic x 1

#4182 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

I'm using Strangeloves NSI also. The very first day I was extremely tired. This seems to have passed but I'm not sure yet. I'm taking 20mg just before bed until I know I've fully adjusted. In the daytime I'm taking 30mg of Noopept orally. The NSI-189 I'm taking sublingually.

#4183 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

Microdosing mushrooms did not work for me. It seems that not everything is good for everyone. But microdosing LSD is another story: more creative, better learning, less anxiety, less addicted to internet. James Fadiman does tremendous work in the field of microdosing.

1/4 blotter didn't give you any visual effects?

No, 1/4 of the AL-LAD blotter did not give me any visuals. I agree, having tried mushrooms at a younger age, LSD (and analogues) seem to be a far better option for microdosing.

• Off-Topic x 2

#4184 Mian Ali Ismail

• 109 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

Has anyone witnessed reduction in brain atrophy with NSI-189 ?

#4185 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

What would be a recommended dosage for either phosphate or freebase NSI 189? I'm looking for any kind of guidance for a beginner.

#4186 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:49 PM

What would be a recommended dosage for either phosphate or freebase NSI 189? I'm looking for any kind of guidance for a beginner.

In general, I do not want to give a clear answer about dose when I am asked in PMs because it varies a lot by individual to individual.

I am sure when ll come in the market, will be in 2-3 different dose pills. Neuralstem studies give a 40mg average oral dose, this seems a little more of what I would think the average is (from conversations in PMs also).

I am cycling 10-20mg oral doses (20mg all the time seems to build up) and 10mg sublingualy. Sublingualy has a better absorption, but orally seems to give me a somewhat smoother effect.

They were members in the past going from 80-120mg/day and enjoyed the effects, but this certainly is not the norm. Try smaller doses first!

The Neuralstem studies showed an inverted U dose response. The highest dosage in the study 120mg/day showed no efficacy, but the 40-80mg/day doses did.

Moreover side effects with NSI-189 seem to be very much dose related. I remember another member describing 2-3 side effects at 40mg and none at 35mg. Sounds odd, but this is what he wrote. I am rereading the whole thread, so when I ll see it again, I ll maybe post about it.

Edited by Strangelove, 16 May 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#4187 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

How long do you cycle on and off of nsi Strangelove?

#4188 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

Its somewhat random, I only use 20mg orally now, a couple weeks might pass, go down to 10mg for a few days, where I get some extra motivation and return to 20mg.

Its more of an intuitive feeling that the effects build up, I get a little fuzzy thinking, a little blurry vision, I do not think that I am doing something damaging, but I feel I need to lower the "peculiar stimulation" getting to a lower dose, before I get a larger dose again, having an extra boost in energy and mood again.

I think after close to two years using NSI-189, need it less and less, having gone a long way mentally from my chronically low-level depressed self. 

• like x 3

#4189 hoquyguy

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm a new poster to Longecity though I've certainly read quite a bit.  I've been trying a bunch of different Noots to see what works for me, including NSI 189.  I bought a couple of grams from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE (he's an established poster and vendor on Reddit) but I quickly decided NSI 189 was not for me.  The tiredness and muscle weakness was too much.  I play a couple of sports so the fatigue from the NSI 189, even at 20mg a day, was more than I could tolerate. I tried for 3 days before I quit, so I used a total of 60mg of the 2 grams.  If anybody wants to make an offer for the remaining supply please send me a note. I'm moving soon so this stuff is heading for the trash unless somebody wants to give it a try.  

#4190 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:31 AM

I also experienced the fatigue described by other people. Based on my experience, I would recommend increasing the dosage no more than 20 mg every 5 days and no more than 10 mg every 5 days for decreasing the dosage.

I haven't really experienced anything positive from NSI 189 other than improved sleep quality. I recently cycled off of it based on what I've read here before, but I haven't noticed any improvement from doing so. I'll probably continue NSI 189 at a dose of 15 mg just for the improved sleep quality and improved vision.

#4191 hoquyguy

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

Until give it a try tonight after my hockey game (I'm in a late night beer league).  I could always use a little help getting to sleep when my metabolism is racing after a  game.  Some of us still have to go to work in the morning! 

#4192 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

I found the fatigue to be a temporary phenomena lasting about 2 months. It kinda felt like I was catching up on sleep and I was also fortunate(?) enough to be under employed so I could both sleep late and take naps during the day when the sleepiness kicked in.  That side effect seems to have gone away and stacking a dopaminergic (9-me-bc, PRL, or coffee) definitely helps as well.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4193 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

Can anyone verify as to wether or not NSI 189 has improved their cognitive processes and or quality of life? Looking for positive experiences from those who have suffered mental decline due to stress and/or depression.
Can anyone verify as to wether or not NSI 189 has improved their cognitive processes and or quality of life? Looking for positive experiences from those who have suffered mental decline due to stress and/or depression.

#4194 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

There are quite a few personal anecdotes scattered throughout the site. NSI has alleviated the worst of my depression/anxiety/cognitive decline symptoms. I still don't feel 110%, but using it has definitely taken me out of a serious tailspin, helped me be much more productive (still striving for improvement here), and wiped out the negativity, hopelessness and suicidal ideation I was having for several years. I'm not giddy-happy, but I can see a path forward and that's a monumental step.

It worked for my brain chemistry and through a lot of trial and error, I pinned down the right dose for me with the appropriate ancillary supplements (folate, B12, niacin, KSM-66 and green tea). There were some negative side effects initially like worsened depression, fatigue etc, but dialing in the dose and taking my B vitamins helped me through that break in period.

#4195 vali

• 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

I am a 25 year old male that has taken NSI-189 for the past month.

My goal in taking this substance was to reduce my depression/adhedonia. I would rate my level of depression as minor, stable, and persistent. Basically, very little makes me happy, and finding sources of motivation is constant struggle. Reduced anxiety would be welcome, but I can live with the levels of anxiety I currently experience. I used NSI-189 concurrently with fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, an antihistamine for my allergies, and 1-2 cups of coffee per day. I tried several other substances concurrently with it, such as Tianeptine and piracetam, but did not find any synergy with them, and did not mix them more than once or twice.

My dosage was 10-20 mgs, once or twice a day for one month, using Strangelove's NSI-189.

Below are my results. Next to each result I've included my subjective guess as to whether the effect was real, or a placebo.

Mild increase in hunger. No way of telling if this was placebo or not, and I don't really care either way.

Disassociation and elevated levels of anxiety. I am 99% certain this was caused by the drug.

Mild decrease in adhedonia. Basically, I'd look at a task, and feel that accomplishing wasn't a big deal. 40% chance of being placebo.

Conclusion: I think this chemical was mildly helpful. That said, the benefits it gave were mild, and were cancelled out by the anxiety and dissociation.

This was an interesting trial, and I think I may revisit this in a month or so, using a smaller dose (5mg, probably).

Edited by vali, 19 May 2016 - 06:40 AM.

#4196 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

y tr

#4197 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

as a healthcare professional i once knew this guy who took  human growth hormone to gain muscle mass

but  he damaged his spine in the gym and spent the next 6 months in bed.

for some reason i never got to the bottom of he continued to take HGH

Might help his spine recover faster?

the only result of the HGH was that one of his arms grew from "brushing his teeth " making him look abit lopsided that and he got fat.

He was injecting a lot of HGH every day, but it did nothing for him as he was just laying in bed watching tv all day everyday

The fact is that if you are looking to make actual gains mental or physical , then you have to exercise

"neurons that fire together wire together" Donald Hebb

as some one with severe  learning disabilities who takes noots to increase mental functioning over the longterm i do the following daily

Imagine an object in your mind's eye.
Now describe it with words , do the best job you can.
after a time you will run out of words and ways to describe your object.
now pick a new object and do the exercise again.

how hard you push yourself to get as much detail as you can determins how well this works.

Several studies recently proved that 1 hour of this exercise will increase your IQ by 1 whole point.

it seems very simple ,but this is the task of the great writers to imagine an object or situation  and render it in words.

I have made this exercise a habit I do it every day for over an hour .

i also use lumosity https://www.lumosity.com

for 1 hour a day (30 mins at breakfast and 30 mins an hour before i sleep )

doing somthing you wish to learn shortly before you sleep and first thing when you wake up , shortens the time it takes to learn it dramaticly .

i also do reflex games to incress my reaction times ,they require total focus &attention and inprove psychomoter skills. I i find that an hour of this totally exhausts my brian and gives me a headake, so i do this then head to bed .http://reflex.sosoci...ctionbutton.php

i aslo use my recreational time to incress my mental capasity

by playing games using my http://neurosky.com/ eeg head set requring you to learn to quickly control states of awareness and relaxation .

and  bio feed back using http://www.wilddivine.com/

“The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.” - Fundamentals of Chess 1883

so i play stratgy  games such as chess and the C&C and red alert 3  (which have large online communities and game play  my screen name is "feminism" (for the lolz))

i also repair and fix moterbikes and mechaincal things using as fewer replacement parts as possible.

And attend meditation classes weekly.

the grade of people who attend these is truly astonding  it is the place to meet the hightest and brightest (such as the self made millonare who runs my local class) .i have found that befreinding these people is a good way of using soical activerties to become smarter.

"soar with eagles or walk like a pigeon "

i have recently applied for a sales and marketing job in the green sector with a small company as its a harder job where I will learn  more and have to work harder .

than my current comfortable easy job.

This lecture explains the current theory of IQ which is really useful for anyone wanting to make gains

to become an athlete and reach peak physical fitness ,means changing every aspect of your life .

it is the same with the mind and with IQ,

• Informative x 2

#4198 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

Interesting that you are in healthcare also. For me NSI is reducing my anxiety and depression. It's allowed me to focus and it's calmed the storm innmy mind. Much less rumination. I believe this is a very effective product. Results will vary based on too many factors to list here.

The HGH guy is interesting. I wonder what he moved on to after he was discharged from the hospital? Tb-500? Something else?

#4199 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

the HGH  chappy was in his own home not hospital, his HGH use was not signed off on by any doctor or medical personal.

and was administered by him .

i knew him as or staff were needed to take care of his house and cook meals for him.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4200 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

He may have been getting unseen benefits from the HGH administration. Users typically report annincrease in well being. Although he got fat he would most likely loss it all back down once he started exercise again. HGH reduces the number of fat cells but increases intestinal size. This can give a false impression of being fat.

Back on topic though. I feel nsi-189 is a quality compound and worth the look once you can figure your own way over the lethargy imposed by it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users