* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4141 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

Has anyone been drug tested while taking NSI? Isnt there a Benzylpiperazine ring in its make up? Thanks.

#4142 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

Having read a good number experience reports pertaining to the use of  nsi-189 a commonality I have noticed is that after a seemingly random  period of time  moderate side effects are experienced by about 50% of the people writing experience reports .

I have a hypothesis that there is a link between the length of time the user has previously been depressed for and the length of time before the side effects are experienced.
The side effects onset  maybe simply as the hippocampus has grown to a healthy size.

So i ask

I how long after you took NSI-189 did you experience side effects ? (if  any) & For what length of time have you experienced  depression ?

I cannot account for the small group of people who experience no side effects and take nsi-189 for years

perhaps their brain is using the nsi-189 in a different way ?

reading about the nsi-189 I learnt that they found 7 compounds that effectively grew the human brain, but only had the resources to test and develop one and nsi-189 was the one they picked

as their brief was to cure depression I am guessing they picked the compound most suited to this application.

I would have thought that all 7 should be tested and developed to see their full potential

does anyone know what the other 6 were? or how to find out  ?
Feel free to private message me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4143 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

wanderlust Out of the seven leads, 4 were tested in depression mouse models. (R, pg 21) I doubt they would publish that information about what the seven were. They spent time and money searching for them and theyre a private company.

#4144 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

wanderlust Out of the seven leads, 4 were tested in depression mouse models. (R, pg 21) I doubt they would publish that information about what the seven were. They spent time and money searching for them and theyre a private company.

thanks

NSI‐127, 130, 137, 143,
144, 182, 189

http://www.google.co...tents/US8030492

nsi-130 looks really intresting

Attached Files

Edited by wanderlust, 07 May 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#4145 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

can someone do me a favor here? I'm still not able to get a micro weighing scale and I'm curious to know if I'm taking way too little, the scoop that the vendor gave me was supposed to be 0.15cc or 50mg NSI(he told me this), I believe I'm taking way too little though. 

Can someone post how 20mg o NSI looks with a penny for comparison? I will be getting a scale soon, just curious

• Good Point x 1

#4146 musicman4534

• 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

The other six can be found in their patent of NSI-189.

Also shows by how much each compound increased hippocampus volume.

Edited by musicman4534, 08 May 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#4147 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

Has anyone tried dosing nsi while on lamictal. I cant see their being any drug interactions but I want to play it safe. Does anyone have any experience with this.

#4148 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

I take Lamictal 200mg daily, an MAOI, and Remeron. You're good.

#4149 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

Thanks bud

#4150 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

The other six can be found in their patent of NSI-189.

Also shows by how much each compound increased hippocampus volume.

So when are we setting up the group buy on the other 6 ? lol

#4151 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

My doc wants me to start lamictal for treatment resistant depression. Do you find it to be a worthwhile medication?

#4152 Neverminder

• 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

I'm thinking of ordering a couple of years supply of NSI-189 Phosphate in powder form, but I'm concerned about the shelf life - hygroscopy, diminishing potence, etc. Similar questions were already asked throughout this thread, however I couldn't find any clear answers. Maybe by now there's more information regarding the subject?

#4153 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

I'm thinking of ordering a couple of years supply of NSI-189 Phosphate in powder form, but I'm concerned about the shelf life - hygroscopy, diminishing potence, etc. Similar questions were already asked throughout this thread, however I couldn't find any clear answers. Maybe by now there's more information regarding the subject?

Most medications for oral use have an expiration date several years out from manufacture. Most of those drugs are good for many years beyond that expiration date. Neuralstem isn't going to release anything about this, but its probably safe to say its a pretty stable chemical(maybe someone with more knowledge can comment on this). Its going into phase two testing, and if it didn't have shelf life stability that wouldn't make a lot of sense. No one has reported any hygroscopy that I remember. I've had Tianeptine turn into glue stick form, but haven't seen that with NSI-189. I think the shelf life issue will be fine. I think a bigger issue is whether it will continue working for you and if you'll actually want two years worth of it.

• Good Point x 1

#4154 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

yeah, phosphate should be stable if you keep it under reasonable conditions, I doubt Id take a year long supply though, best to gauge the effects and cycle as required.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#4155 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

My doc wants me to start lamictal for treatment resistant depression. Do you find it to be a worthwhile medication?

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but yes. It was a game changer for me personally. The MAOI was huge too.

It's important to note that the biggest change for me was the ability to break away from my moods controlling my thought process.

NSI has definitely potentiated that ability. I have more insight into my negative thought patters, as well as my thought patterns in general.

Increased "meta-cognition" is a powerful tool.

#4156 AlephNull

• 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

In one of the previous posts, this quote from Neuralstem jumped out at me:

The post-hoc repeated measures ANOVA suggested a modest, though not statistically significant, increase in the left hippocampal volume in the NSI-189-treated patients, but not in the right side. In amygdala volume analysis, the trend of volume increase over time was non-significant on the left side but significant on the right side of the brain.

Popular wisdom is that the right hemisphere maps to the left side of the body, and the left hemisphere of the brain maps to the right side of the body.

Assuming most of the people taking part in the test were right-handed, is it possible that this indicates that NSI-189 is more effective at expanding growth on the "weaker" side of the brain?

How would you even go about testing for that? Would you check to see if the people taking it became ambidextrous?

#4157 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but yes. It was a game changer for me personally. The MAOI was huge too.

It's important to note that the biggest change for me was the ability to break away from my moods controlling my thought process.

NSI has definitely potentiated that ability. I have more insight into my negative thought patters, as well as my thought patterns in general.

Thanks I appreciate it

#4158 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

If it made you ambidextrous, imagine all the MLB pitchers who would take it so they could earn TWICE as much!  Lol.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#4159 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

if i started writing with my right hand (i am lefthanded ) i might actually become ambidextrous

i am  taking nsi-189 with sodium valproate  ,PRL-1-89  and idra-21

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3848041/

#4160 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

There are reports of increased vividness of dreams. Any of you noticing better imagery? The pictures in your mind's eye.

---

>a modest, though not statistically significant increase in the left hippocampal volume
>the left hemisphere of the brain maps to the right side of the body
>is it possible that this indicates that NSI-189 is more effective at expanding growth on the "weaker" side of the brain?

Shouldn't the right part be the weaker based on your reasoning?

#4161 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Same here, I have a very good "meta-cognition" about my ideas but no emotions. Now I am not sure exactly what is going on, I am much more aware about my emotions, but I cannot tell to what degree I am more able to consiously feel them or be more emotional. In any case over time I am getting emotionaly smarter and more likeable from people I have known for a while.

NSI-189 phosphate should have a very long self life.

Edited by Strangelove, 11 May 2016 - 10:06 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4162 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

I started taking NSI-189 3 days ago 20 mg BID. I feel absolutely exhausted on this stuff! I need to down gallons of coffee to get myself doing anything. Even modafinil is of short help. Did this side-effect go away for anyone else? What compounds did you find helped with the fatigue?

I'm not feeling much positives yet, maybe less stress, but this could be put down on the excessive sleepiness and weakness it makes me feel.

#4163 neuralis

• 84 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Try a lower dose. I used to get extremely exhausted on this as well. Lowering the dose by 5 mg eliminated this side effect completely. Tho 20mg is already quite a low dose. How do you weigh your dose? Are you using a scale or a scoop? Perhaps you are getting more NSI than you think..

#4164 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

I'm hungry aswell. All of this is consistent that NSI-189 acts potentially as a selective glucocorticoid receptor agonist and causes a drop in cortisol. I always thought I had high levels of cortisol as I'm stress-prone, and also, while ago my blood-work showed borderline high levels of cortisol, but this experience would suggest that my cortisol is instead too low. or not. I need to figure this out yet.

#4165 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Try a lower dose. I used to get extremely exhausted on this as well. Lowering the dose by 5 mg eliminated this side effect completely. Tho 20mg is already quite a low dose. How do you weigh your dose? Are you using a scale or a scoop? Perhaps you are getting more NSI than you think..

I bought it precapped in capsules. I'm taking it orally after food. I'll give a lower dose a try though.

#4166 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

I haven't discerned any side effects.

#4167 Neverminder

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

Neuralstem is tightening the noose... are there any reliable sources that are not dead yet? I need to stock up ASAP.

#4168 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

I started taking NSI-189 3 days ago 20 mg BID. I feel absolutely exhausted on this stuff! I need to down gallons of coffee to get myself doing anything. Even modafinil is of short help. Did this side-effect go away for anyone else? What compounds did you find helped with the fatigue?

I'm not feeling much positives yet, maybe less stress, but this could be put down on the excessive sleepiness and weakness it makes me feel.

I find taking a very low dosage of l-dopa  0.5 to 5mgs  has the effect of making me  very predisposed to exercising but does not provide any overt stimulating effects.

(normal doses of L-dopa make me feel like I am a  human panzertank)

I have been using it daily along side nsi-189 along with a few other things with no effects from the interaction

the only negative side effect that i have noticed thus far with any noots( in their correct dosage's  )

has been hair growth . (I am 27 and have trim my nose hair )

& NSI-189

over the last few weeks has made me slightly more aware of pain. 

the level of pain has remained exactly the same,

When I measured my attention span and focus ,using luminosity with and without pain ,  I found that it did not subtract from anywhere  .Which suggests this side effect may actually be an improvement on the human condition, a new sensory input channel perhaps?

#4169 PureCacao

• 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

All the phosphate sources are gone. Irc.bio took off its nsi. Strangelove has logged on but is not replying.

Looks like maybe we're going to have to coordinate a group buy somehow from an alibaba.com supplier, and get it tested.

I could really use it. Ive undergone brain injuries and my first round of nsi was life changing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4170 Neverminder

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

All the phosphate sources are gone. Irc.bio took off its nsi. Strangelove has logged on but is not replying.

Looks like maybe we're going to have to coordinate a group buy somehow from an alibaba.com supplier, and get it tested.

I could really use it. Ive undergone brain injuries and my first round of nsi was life changing.

In that case I am profoundly screwed... Psychotropic substance blanket ban in UK (where I am) takes effect on 26th of May and I need to get something before that. My only option seems to be to take a leap of faith and order from alibaba myself, because otherwise I may not be able to do that for a very long time. It's better than nothing...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users