NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4081 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Just got my NSI 189 in a neat little package from halfway around the world, came with a scoop, quickly emptied it and took a dose (probably 20 mg), it was very bitter and had my mouth numbed for a few minutes, like Lignocaine or something, I plan to keep a journal of my experience with this novel AD here, if I can. Will update as the days go by

Im looking forward to your updates! I should be recieving my shortly.

#4082 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

Just got my NSI 189 in a neat little package from halfway around the world, came with a scoop, quickly emptied it and took a dose (probably 20 mg), it was very bitter and had my mouth numbed for a few minutes, like Lignocaine or something, I plan to keep a journal of my experience with this novel AD here, if I can. Will update as the days go by

Im looking forward to your updates! I should be recieving my shortly.

I have literally 0 experience dealing with stuff in the mg scale, it was quite hard to empty the powder, plan ahead how you are going to empty the packet and where your going to empty it to, I guess I wasted like 30-50mgs while emptying. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4083 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

I was hoping to leave it in the packaging and just use the 10mg mico scoop. I know its not exact but it must be fairly close.
  • Agree x 1

#4084 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

This is the difference between phosphate (this) and freebase...

• Agree x 1

#4085 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Strangelove,

How many people would you estimate have used or are using nsi-189 since this thread started. Im curious to know out of how many users their were 4 serious nerve related side effects.

There were not serious (except for one, that took a few months for the nerve related pain to subside). Moreover we can never be sure it was from NSI-189 or NSI-189 alone. Something 50-60 pages back I was blaming NSI-189 for my eye twitch, when the main issue was the magnetic stimulator I was using. Could anyone that had a similar issue speak up and elaborate?

#4086 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

Can anyone confirm that snorting NSI-189 phosphate is the worst possible experience you can imagine? It hurts, it feels like dust or cement or something, and then this weird taste like Selegiline but 20x stronger. It is so terrible.

I managed to do it for 10 days ... now I can't get myself to it.

#4087 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

Why are you snorting phosphate?

#4088 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

Can anyone confirm that snorting NSI-189 phosphate is the worst possible experience you can imagine? It hurts, it feels like dust or cement or something, and then this weird taste like Selegiline but 20x stronger. It is so terrible.

What an idiotic idea.  You got what you deserved, lol!

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4089 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:41 AM

I was hoping to leave it in the packaging and just use the 10mg mico scoop. I know its not exact but it must be fairly close.

going by the scoop is horribly inaccurate.   The stuff is very fluffy.   When I serve it up, I've seen a single scoop be anywhere from 5 to 15mg.

milligram scales are only 20 bucks on amazon and powdercity has one for 11.

#4090 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:44 AM

Agreed. Accurate dosing is pretty important with this compound.

#4091 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

Ill have to buy a mg scale I guess. Thanks for the heads up guys.

#4092 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:09 AM

After reading some online reviews apparently the cheaper mg scales are fairly inaccurate as well. They can be off by 5-10mg at a time.

#4093 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:08 AM

I got the cheap scale from powder city and it's only accurate to around 10mg. Also, given everyone else's responses to Strangelove's NSI, I'm pretty sure the problem is with my unique health picture (neuro Lyme) and not with the product.

#4094 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

After reading some online reviews apparently the cheaper mg scales are fairly inaccurate as well. They can be off by 5-10mg at a time.

this reviewer did a bunch of testing and found the reviewed scale to be be off by a milligram or two once calibrated and used with careful technique:

http://www.amazon.co...7&store=kitchen

#4095 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

this reviewer did a bunch of testing and found the reviewed scale to be be off by a milligram or two once calibrated and used with careful technique:

That scale has been working well for me, and I'd agree that it is +/- 1 to 2 mg.  Just be gentle with it and keep it clean to keep it in good working condition.

• Informative x 1

#4096 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

That scale has been working well for me, and I'd agree that it is +/- 1 to 2 mg. Just be gentle with it and keep it clean to keep it in good working condition.

That looks like the one to buy! Thanks

#4097 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Yes this is the "standard" scale to buy, is surprisingly accurate for the cheap price.

Anyone that insists using the scoop, press and level it on the side of the bag, to at least get the same amount every time.

#4098 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

Second day of nsi : taking about 40mg once a day till I get a milligram scale next month, hard to tell what's placebo and what's not, however my Appétite has increased voraciously, I would usually be able to resist the urge to eat but it's food is way too tempting now.

No discernable effect on mood, I hear some people had a rapid anti depressant effect, not sure how that works, one thing I've noticed is that I'm able to watch stuff without getting bored after a few minutes, still get distracted but the attention span has increased a little.

No hd vision effects, at least till now

#4099 citizen81

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

I've been running a second cycle of NSI at 35-40mg per day. My last cycle was 20mg per day for 30 days. Dealing with major depression. It's not as major these days.

I've been taking 5mg of lexapro for 2 months. The doc wanted to up it to 10, but I've been resistant because I don't want to become dependent on an SSRI. 5mg is as very low dose. I added in the 40mg of NSI about 10 days ago and have been experiencing a meaningful difference from taking the low dose of lexapro alone. While the lexapro may have been helping to slowly elevate mood and improve memory, humor, etc., the NSI seems to be restoring some deeper faculty. My previous experience with NSI seemed to have helped, but only marginally. The improvements have been many--namely memory, empathy, creativity, and general cognitive function. I wouldn't say it's 100% better; probably 50%. Because my sleep has been so terrible for the last two years (couldn't stay asleep longer than 4-5 hours), I'm still trying to recover from that. My sleep has been improving, but I'm also taking a low dose of Trazadone at night of 50mg. I plan to replace the trazadone with agomelatine shortly.

Since I'm certain that lack of sleep, alcohol use, and other substance use has negatively influenced DNA and sleep rhythms, I've been working on doing a reset. As part of this regiment, I've done courses of cerebrolysin. I've also recently added GHK-Cu at 30mg per day. While I've been getting soreness from the GHK injects, I can confirm that this has also had a net positive effect on my general well being. I had a stomach ulcer, as well as tingling/loss of feeling in two of my toes prior to the GHK. The ulcer had been previously treated with one of those awful proton pump inhibitors for 2 months. Seemed to help, but the problem hadn't resolved completely. Within 5 days of the GHK, the tingling has nearly disappeared, feeling has been restored to multiple parts of my body, and I've had no stomach issues.

FYI, I'm not overweight or anything. Most of these symptoms were a byproduct of the depression and resulting anxiety. For anyone who has had major depression, you know that there are very real physiological effects, beyond things like day to day memory loss.

For supplements I'm taking a mineral complex, antioxidant/vit complex, curcumin, DHA, ubiquinol, trans-resveratrol. I've tried adding uridine in the past. It certainly seemed to boost my BDNF (I can usually tell by how much I sneeze--there's a histamine relationship), but was also keeping my tired mind awake at night.

Other effects--my body temperature is nearly back to normal--around 98.4. 6 months ago it was typically 78.4-78.6.

Seeing as I'm using such an amalgamation of peptides and neurogenic stuff, it's not 100% possible to know exactly what's doing what, or how the synergy is taking effect. All I can say is that the NSI seems worth adding to any depression regiment.

• like x 1

#4100 whatittakes

• 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

Other effects--my body temperature is nearly back to normal--around 98.4. 6 months ago it was typically 78.4-78.6.

Don't we die at about 78F? If not well before. 

• Good Point x 1

#4101 citizen81

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

Don't we die at about 78F? If not well before. 

Sorry, I meant 97.4-97.6.

Edited by citizen81, 26 April 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#4102 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

This bad boy does the trick just fine. I’ve calibrated it a zillion times and I have never registered anything less than 99.97% accuracy and repeatability. If you wait for them to go on sale, sometimes the price drops down to the $35.00 range.

• Informative x 1

#4103 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

Anyone feeling chest pain on NSI-189?

Past few mornings I have woken up with not insignificant chest pain.   Progressively more intense each day.   This morning it is pretty bad.

I recently added ALCAR and phosphatidylserine so it could be one of those, too.

Though I googled around and I can't find anything substantial on ALCAR or phosphatidylserine causing chest pain.

I've been taking 30mg of the freebase bid.    

#4104 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Past few mornings I have woken up with not insignificant chest pain.   Progressively more intense each day.   This morning it is pretty bad.

Though I googled around and I can't find anything substantial on ALCAR or phosphatidylserine causing chest pain.

30mg sublingual or oral? The 40mg orally in the study is sometimes a large dose for many, I am only using 20mg.

I have never seen chest pain as a side effect, but I ll suggest stop using it for now. It may or may not be NSI-189 related, but if it gets progressively worst, you do not want to push it. Nsi-189 can create anxiety to some and chest pain can be a result of anxiety, so if you stop it and get better you might want to retry with a smaller dose.

#4105 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

30mg sublingual or oral? The 40mg orally in the study is sometimes a large dose for many, I am only using 20mg.

I have never seen chest pain as a side effect, but I ll suggest stop using it for now. It may or may not be NSI-189 related, but if it gets progressively worst, you do not want to push it. Nsi-189 can create anxiety to some and chest pain can be a result of anxiety, so if you stop it and get better you might want to retry with a smaller dose.

sublingual.   I cut my dose in half yesterday, stopped the other supps.  No chest pain this morning..   I think it may have been the phosphatidylserine if anything.   There are a few reports of chest pain with that supplement.   Who knows.

#4106 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:50 PM

I am currently taking ~40mg (freebase) orally QD.  What signs/symptoms should I look out for to determine if this dose might be too high? 

Edited by Strelok, 28 April 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#4107 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:47 AM

Day 4 : 40 mg once a day : took it sublingually like how it should be, definitely had what people call HD vision, things were much sharper than usual, it was subtle, but definitely noticeable. I also some things that looked like white fine particles for a few seconds, disappeared quickly. Hoping for more, I still don't see a great improvement on my mood

#4108 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

Yes, I tried that once due to someone else's suggestion on this board. It was hell and I never did that again.

#4109 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

Can anyone having experience taking it only once a day tell me if they had drowsiness after 10-12 hours of taking it? I feel unusually sleepy and I don't believe this being mentioned anywhere as a side?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4110 noni azure

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:17 PM

Hi, I tried NSI-189 yesterday and for the first hour felt pretty good, then I noticed a nausea set in that got pretty uncomfortable for the next 12 hours. I had a mild headache and couldn't sleep without taking Advil. Laying on my pillow was uncomfortable in any position. I didn't think I took too much, compared with what I've researched, I took about 30mg. But the next day I am feeling low energy, moody, and general icky feeling. Not sick, but not great. I wish I could sleep more. 

I bought my gram from Amazon, I got the NSI-189 Phosphate kind. 

Does anyone know why it made me feel so awful? Maybe this drug is not for me, but I was sure hoping to benefit from the anti-depressive effects and improved memory.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)