NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4951 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

I agree, but curiosity and speculation of how it would interact was the reason for doing so. I did warn that it may be dangerous and shouldn't be done for funsies. As a RC chem, this may have more than 1 use, and how do we learn without testing? Perhaps even small experiences like these can help with MOA speculations. 

I feel like I need to add this statement to prevent the 20+ posts following suit saying its not advisable (which I bolded in my original post): I don't regret doing it, nor do I believe I am a martyr and think I'm doing a great thing with the experiment. Simply wanted to see how it interacted. Posted back because it's information nonetheless.

Tests were done with NSI dosages at 30mg. 

And to come back to my friend and the adderall: He had a prescription for over 3 years, pretty consecutive usage at 30mg. He ran 2 cycles of nsi for about a month each before he hit the major fatigue side effect. He has not been taking adderall since. I had never run into the fatigue side effect for the months that I tried NSI. I was pressed for time when I posted above so I forgot to include some details.

Taking Nsi when I was alone and had poor social circles was like a taking a breather after running a mile. "This is better than before, but still not quite normal." It gave me a little piece of solace during my cycles when there was nothing that I looked forward to. (You can't simulate positive social interactions with meds kids) My recent change of environment has been the most helpful. It helped start internal thought changes, a different focus for reflection, more motivation, being able to use my inner monologue, perceptual changes and responses to chemicals (caffiene now works like it should instead of giving me a headache and eye pain, my poor sense of smell is a little bit better, and overall feeling more content.) So with this snippet, consider your current environment and surroundings. It appears that those were the largest factors in my case. 

Please do not think i was judging, i was merely adding in my own two cents about getting the most out of NSI, as i would like to see everyone have an eye opening experience rather than self medicate and continue on the path of searching for happiness in a substance. I'm glad your on the same page. And trust me, i was the king of going down the wrong path for a long long time, with substances, and was stuck in that bubble too long. 

#4952 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

How accurate is the microscoop provided by Strangelove for the freebase powder? My new Gemini-20 should be here at the end of the week, but I started dosing freebase with two leveled microscoops assuming that's ~10mg. So far I feel lethargic and I have to say that I feel a bit sad - comparable to a mild form of choline induced depression. I'm sure it'll get better over time though. I am stacking this with N-Acetyl Semax-Amidate to combat fatigue and P21. I used P21 for a week standalone so I could gauge its effects, it did not give me any fatigue (and NASA is the very best nootropic I have ever used thus far, but I have yet to try InI).

Edited by Hyperflux, 31 January 2017 - 08:11 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4953 muntjac

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

What you're describing is most likely neuropathic pain - a lot of people get it from neurogenic substances - Dihexa does it as well.

The fact that the pain moved is also a sign of this, as this is something a lot of people describe while taking NSI.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - it usually goes away, just lower the dose. Remember, many people need to titrate NSI-189 slowly, in order to acclimate to the effects - it was certainly true for me.

I started at 1 mg then increased to 20 mg BID over 12 days. How many days is a good titration? I'm also not sure how far to lower the dose, or whether it's best to divide it.

#4954 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

What you're describing is most likely neuropathic pain - a lot of people get it from neurogenic substances - Dihexa does it as well.

The fact that the pain moved is also a sign of this, as this is something a lot of people describe while taking NSI.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - it usually goes away, just lower the dose. Remember, many people need to titrate NSI-189 slowly, in order to acclimate to the effects - it was certainly true for me.

I started at 1 mg then increased to 20 mg BID over 12 days. How many days is a good titration? I'm also not sure how far to lower the dose, or whether it's best to divide it.

That's actually a very good titration-schedule!

Remind me though, is 20 mg BID the same as SUBLINGUAL DOSING?

If so, then the Sublingual needs to be lower - 10 mg Sub should do ya' for a few days - about the same as 20 mg oral.

Dividing it may be an idea, since a divided schedule seems to be the most effective, according to the research.

#4955 muntjac

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:00 AM

That's actually a very good titration-schedule!

Remind me though, is 20 mg BID the same as SUBLINGUAL DOSING?

If so, then the Sublingual needs to be lower - 10 mg Sub should do ya' for a few days - about the same as 20 mg oral.

Dividing it may be an idea, since a divided schedule seems to be the most effective, according to the research.

The max dose was 20 mg phosphate twice a day, 0800 and 1700, in gelcaps. I've decided to go with 20 mg morning and 10 mg evening for now.

#4956 PureCacao

• 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:23 AM

So an update on my experience with leg numbness and trouble walking.

I went to the emergency room to get checked out.

They determined it was a case of "foot drop".  I have lost a lot of weight and slimmed down recently,

and I also cross my legs very tightly for extremely long periods of time.  

It means the peroneal nerve under my knee was getting compressed, with not much fat there to protect it.  It caused a compressed nerve issue.  

I was prescribed a foot splint, physical therapy, and already got some acupuncture to help it as well.  

So all in all, my experience with leg numbness and trouble walking was quite likely unrelated to stopping NSI-189.  

It was likely just a coincidence.  

Cannot say for sure because I am restarting NSI-189, and my leg is also getting better.  But I am also doing other treatments for my leg.  

But let's just say, it's probably not the NSI-189.  I would like to stay off of it and find out definitively, but it is too helpful to my academics.  

• Agree x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#4957 boomstam

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Is it necessary  to put NSI-198 phosphate  in capsules or can i just throw it in my mouth in drink it? Don't feel like putting it all in capsules.

Thanks

#4958 boomstam

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Is it necessary to put the NSI-198 phosphate in capsules or can i just throw it in my mouth and swallow it with some water?

Thanks 

#4959 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Is it necessary to put the NSI-198 phosphate in capsules or can i just throw it in my mouth and swallow it with some water?

Thanks 

Yes, you can just throw it in your moth and swallow with water, if that is your prerogative.

It doesn't have any strong acidic or basic properties, really.

• like x 1

#4960 boomstam

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Thank you! I think the phosphate taste horrible. I'm looking for capsules but i can only find 150 mg+. Can i just throw 20 mg in a 150 mg cap or do i need smaller capsules?

#4961 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thank you! I think the phosphate taste horrible. I'm looking for capsules but i can only find 150 mg+. Can i just throw 20 mg in a 150 mg cap or do i need smaller capsules?

Of course you can, you can put whatever you want in there. If you dump the nsi powder toward the back of the tongue its more palatable. I don't find it really tasting like anything. If it sits on my tongue for too long before i drink water it may leave a bit of a bitter aftertaste with a slight numb to it, but nothing that is bothersome. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 01 February 2017 - 06:54 PM.

• like x 1

#4962 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Any thoughts on taking NSI-189 and Vorinostat at the same time? Looking to get over some massive social anxiety.

#4963 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

So an update on my experience with leg numbness and trouble walking.

I went to the emergency room to get checked out.

They determined it was a case of "foot drop".  I have lost a lot of weight and slimmed down recently,

and I also cross my legs very tightly for extremely long periods of time.  

It means the peroneal nerve under my knee was getting compressed, with not much fat there to protect it.  It caused a compressed nerve issue.  

I was prescribed a foot splint, physical therapy, and already got some acupuncture to help it as well.  

So all in all, my experience with leg numbness and trouble walking was quite likely unrelated to stopping NSI-189.  

It was likely just a coincidence.  

Cannot say for sure because I am restarting NSI-189, and my leg is also getting better.  But I am also doing other treatments for my leg.  

But let's just say, it's probably not the NSI-189.  I would like to stay off of it and find out definitively, but it is too helpful to my academics.  

As a nurse i can tell you with 100% confidence the NSI did not cause foot drop, and crossing your legs like that is much more likely to cause nerve compression issues of that magnitude. Solution is to never cross your legs again (horrible for your entire skeletal system and alignment). If you can get into some yoga, or heated yoga- go for it. If you have foot drop, and have been crossing legs for a long time, your not only going to have issues with your feet, but your back and neck too (if you do not already). My two cents. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 01 February 2017 - 09:35 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#4964 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

It seems a long time since I have found any personal success stories in this thread about this chemical that so many (including myself) are dosing. I'm running my second trial right now, am about a week in, and so far feel no results besides a considerable spike in anxiety levels and a definite drop in libido.
Perhaps it is too early to make an assessment. And honestly I have so many things presently demanding my attention that I would not be able to identify positive effects should any be present. But through this journey, it would be reassuring to still hear positive experiences from users of the compound.
After all, if no one is having success with NSI-189, why the hell are we taking it?
  • Good Point x 1

#4965 FuzzMunky

• 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

So, what's the regulatory status of asking where people are getting this from in the US? (Notice how I didn't actually ask myself...Yikes) I gather strangelove no longer sells it? There are a few sellers who pop up on ebay, But not sure they are legit.

Regards,

#4966 dreamedm

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

HardstyleShuffler,

did the NSI-189 get rid of your "blank mind" and give you your inner monologue back? Was your blank mind a result of depersonalization?

Edited by dreamedm, 02 February 2017 - 03:21 AM.

#4967 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:04 AM

How long does it take for the fatigue effects to go away? I dropped back to 10mg freebase sublingual this morning, felt more tolerable. Tianeptine sulfate did the same thing to me when I trialed that.

#4968 HardstyleShuffler

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

HardstyleShuffler,

did the NSI-189 get rid of your "blank mind" and give you your inner monologue back? Was your blank mind a result of depersonalization?

Short answer: Nsi created some waves in the stillness of my mind . It made me more observant of my surroundings rather than the fatigue. I wouldnt say Nsi will magically give you the ability to use your inner monologue, but it gave me short bursts. I would consider depersonalization a large factor of my blank mind.

Long answer:

Spoiler

How long does it take for the fatigue effects to go away? I dropped back to 10mg freebase sublingual this morning, felt more tolerable. Tianeptine sulfate did the same thing to me when I trialed that.

From my friend's experience, 3-7 days after stopping. After first cycle it was about a week, second cycle ended about 3 days after.

Edited by HardstyleShuffler, 02 February 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#4969 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

I'm afraid there's no easy answer to this one... The fatigue comes in at different times of the cycle for different people, and the manifestation is different too - for some it's constant, for others it's more like it comes in waves, one day you're full of energy, and the next you're a wreck.

For some, it comes and goes throughout the day.

I'm afraid it's quite possible that eventually it will be a constant side-effect - towards the end of my last cycle that was pretty much the case - constantly tired and fatigued.

Several users have had IMMENSE, INCREDIBLE results by stacking NSI-189 with MODAFINIL though - if you find it's a problem still, in a few days, then order some Moda' and take a small dose each day - 50 mg could be enough.

#4970 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

It seems a long time since I have found any personal success stories in this thread about this chemical that so many (including myself) are dosing. I'm running my second trial right now, am about a week in, and so far feel no results besides a considerable spike in anxiety levels and a definite drop in libido.
Perhaps it is too early to make an assessment. And honestly I have so many things presently demanding my attention that I would not be able to identify positive effects should any be present. But through this journey, it would be reassuring to still hear positive experiences from users of the compound.
After all, if no one is having success with NSI-189, why the hell are we taking it?

Still cricket noises on this one, eh?

Edited by Lunast, 02 February 2017 - 05:22 PM.

#4971 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Sorry man, I'm not on it any more - can't comment. You've probably seen my previous reports - the initial results were highly impressive - it definitely helps with some of the symptoms of burnout - more so than SSRI's, SNRI's or even atypicals like Mirtazapine.

Interesting combo that, btw - Mirtazapine lowers cortizol by up to 30%, while NSI-189 increases cortical thickness by up to 20% - pretty much the PERFECT recipe for burnout!

Too bad it seems like it didn't really help enough... I hit a plateau in my gains from NSI-189, and I've done two separate cycles now. Might go on another cycle soon though, we'll see.

I wonder if it's true that there is a permanent form of damage to the HPA-axis from burnout...? I.e there are issues that are BODY-wide, not just localized like the brain-damage from excessive cortizol-exposure, which has been proven - the damage is actually so great that regular antidepressants do not cause sufficient neurogenesis to HELP with burnout - actually proven in a review of the research recently - traditional AD's are useless against this.

Hmm... what else could have happened to my body, other than the neural damage...? Hmm... Well, it could of course be that I need longer treatment! So, probably best to do another cycle soon - to make sure that the damage to my hippocampus is actually reversed. Too bad NSI-189 turns me into a zombie after a while...

#4972 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Sorry man, I'm not on it any more - can't comment. You've probably seen my previous reports - the initial results were highly impressive - it definitely helps with some of the symptoms of burnout - more so than SSRI's, SNRI's or even atypicals like Mirtazapine.

Interesting combo that, btw - Mirtazapine lowers cortizol by up to 30%, while NSI-189 increases cortical thickness by up to 20% - pretty much the PERFECT recipe for burnout!

Too bad it seems like it didn't really help enough... I hit a plateau in my gains from NSI-189, and I've done two separate cycles now. Might go on another cycle soon though, we'll see.

I wonder if it's true that there is a permanent form of damage to the HPA-axis from burnout...? I.e there are issues that are BODY-wide, not just localized like the brain-damage from excessive cortizol-exposure, which has been proven - the damage is actually so great that regular antidepressants do not cause sufficient neurogenesis to HELP with burnout - actually proven in a review of the research recently - traditional AD's are useless against this.

Hmm... what else could have happened to my body, other than the neural damage...? Hmm... Well, it could of course be that I need longer treatment! So, probably best to do another cycle soon - to make sure that the damage to my hippocampus is actually reversed. Too bad NSI-189 turns me into a zombie after a while...
Thank you for the response.
NSI turning you into a zombie? On this I can totally relate. I'm taking it to try and counteract some definite hippocampal atrophy that has come via chronic stress and recurrent episodes of anxiety and depression. The irony here is that thanks to Vorinostat and a couple of other elements I have not had much anxiety until I began dosing NSI again. And since this trial I definitely feel an increased slowness of thought. As if my mind is wading through mud to get to an answer or grasp a concept that should be much easier to reach.
So, I don't know wether or not the increased deficit in cognition is related to NSI directly, or if the causal anxiety is producing the drop in mental performance.
I'm pretty badly damaged in terms of intellect compared to how I used to be. And I guess my main goal is to improve memory by "beefing" back up the old hippocampus.
I run a fairly rigorous aerobic exercise routine and try to eat a diet low in added sugar. So, NSI isn't the only took I am using here.
I guess what I'm looking for is someone to say "Hey. My brain was badly damaged, my memory was shot, but NSI has greatly improved these deficits".
So far there have been battalions of users asking questions about dosing and mechanisms of action and synergistic effects with other compounds, side effects, ad infinitum. But, comparitively, i have seen very few anecdotal reports of fellow guinea pigs having considerable improvement of function with the compound.
Many of the earlier reports of extreme success smell a bit funny, seeing as reports from more recent posters seem to have waned a bit in enthusiasm since. And along with what some have hinted, I'm not entirely convinced that these earlier accounts are not from "plants" trting to either drive up Neuralstem stocks, or increase purchases from their personal labs.
Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here. I tend to do that. And maybe I am missing tons of information. But it feels that the end result of NSI for individuals who have used it is not weighing in heavily enough to warrant the enthusiam for those who want to give it a first go.

P.S. Strangelove should be awarded some type of medal.

Edited by Lunast, 02 February 2017 - 09:03 PM.

• like x 1

#4973 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

I have only just started NSI, but so far it has aided overall well-being, emotional stability, and to an extent has aided me with my studying.

In my short time of trialling it, the only side effect seems to be an onset of migraines, which has made me take a little break before continuing supplementation.

#4974 dreamedm

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

HardstyleShuffler,

Short answer: Nsi created some waves in the stillness of my mind . It made me more observant of my surroundings rather than the fatigue. I wouldnt say Nsi will magically give you the ability to use your inner monologue, but it gave me short bursts. I would consider depersonalization a large factor of my blank mind.

Thanks for the response. So basically the NSI did nothing for your depersonalization or remove the blank mind and give you your self/inner monologue and emotions back?

I just started Zoloft and am wondering if I should give it a trial on its own or combine it straightaway with NSI-189. I also have the blank mind/no internal monologue - which I believe is depersonalization. I feel completely cut off from others and myself and wondering if Zoloft alone may treat this or if I should combine it with NSI.

Stinkorninjor, can you please describe what you mean by "burnout?" Is that also like blank mind and no inner monologue?

Edited by dreamedm, 02 February 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#4975 FuzzMunky

• 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the current crop of ebay sellers for NSI? I am particularly referring to the one based out of Louisiana, but any experience or report would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Just received response from Dr Strangelove, so although I'm still interested in ebay experiences, I have sorted out my current predicament.
Thanks again guys/gals.

Edited by FuzzMunky, 02 February 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#4976 muntjac

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

At three weeks into my trial I can't predict the outcome, but I've had no issue with anxiety or insomnia despite being vulnerable to them. I've taken many antidepressants and often developed intolerable side effects within days.

#4977 HardstyleShuffler

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

HardstyleShuffler,

Thanks for the response. So basically the NSI did nothing for your depersonalization or remove the blank mind and give you your self/inner monologue and emotions back?

I just started Zoloft and am wondering if I should give it a trial on its own or combine it straightaway with NSI-189. I also have the blank mind/no internal monologue - which I believe is depersonalization. I feel completely cut off from others and myself and wondering if Zoloft alone may treat this or if I should combine it with NSI.

Stinkorninjor, can you please describe what you mean by "burnout?" Is that also like blank mind and no inner monologue?

For me it was a slightly less depersonalized state. Allowing me to notice behaviors or tendencies and realizing triggers and how i respond. I was a little more connected. Rather than just taking everything in, the stress, the ridiculous decisions of others, I would actually think to myself, you are about get mad and tune out further, why dont you just entertain yourself instead.. It allowed me to shift my focus from tortuous active listening to very light daydreaming. My creativity was very low so it was hard to continue daydreaming without thinking of something that was a waste of energy inevitably looping on something a little stressful, so I would stop the thinking. A change of living location helped me the most. Nsi seemed to loosen my death grip of having to keep focus on something, no matter the emotional cost. Now at my new location I feel like I am enjoying the act of being rather than enduring stressful survival. Since relocation imagination and creative thoughts have grown and become more pronounced. still far from what I can recall in my teenage years but a step in the right direction. Before the move I wouldnt have been able to imagine something that I would like to draw, or a simple chord progression, or an improv story, and now I am able to surmise a few options.

• like x 1

#4978 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

Funny, NSI-189 in freebase form is currently giving me depersonalization. I'm hoping it'll go away soon, I'm only taking 10mg. I may have to up my NSemaxA dose to counter this.

#4979 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

HardstyleShuffler,

Depersonalisation is connected to "glutamate-storming", i.e if, for instance, you use an NMDA-antagonist in too high of a dose, the brain will respond in kind by increasing glutamatergic neurosignaling at every other Glutamate-receptor site: and you will then experience something similar to a "slight psychosis", and end up in a depersonalized state.

NSI-189 does not affect glutamate, and its creators do not believe it to be helpful for DP/DR at all - I understand that you are desperate, we've all been there, but you need to look at the other threads dealing with DP/DR - there's tons of info there.

If you had, then you would know that Lamotrigine is what you need.

And no, Burnout isn't DP/DR, quite the opposite! It's often accompanied with an overly active and negative internal voice, actually.

The wikipedia-article is bloody abysmal, biased and inefficient, mainly taking the American DSM-approach and saying it's more or less the same as depression - uh, NO! There's been plenty of evidence to the contrary - from European scientists. Here in Europe, burnout is more prevalent than in the U.S.A.

But, if you have a look at the wiki-article, you will at least get the general gist:

https://en.wikipedia...ational_burnout

It's a specific type of damage brought on both body and mind from working beyond the limits of human endurance - eventually your entire HPA-axis becomes out of wack, and you suffer severe damage to your hippocampus - the damage is similar to depression, but more intense - us BURNOUT-ers have a greater deal of cognitive decline than regular depressive patients.

It should be noted that unlike regular depressives most of us also have anxiety and sleeping-issues and chronic fatigue coupled together with our depressive symptoms, as such, a recent review actually came to the conclusion that we are MORE ill than the Majorly Depressive Treatment-Resistant! ; ) :' [

Unlike with regular depression a recent review came to the conclusion that Burnout cannot be treated with traditional antidepressants... hence, why, after learning about the catastrophic damage to the Hippocampus which had been found in recent fMRI-studies of the syndrome, I put two and two together - you need a stronger hippocampal genesis to beat this disease - hence why I turned to NSI-189.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4980 whatittakes

• 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Depersonalisation is connected to "glutamate-storming", i.e if, for instance, you use an NMDA-antagonist in too high of a dose, the brain will respond in kind by increasing glutamatergic neurosignaling at every other Glutamate-receptor site: and you will then experience something similar to a "slight psychosis", and end up in a depersonalized state.

NSI-189 does not affect glutamate, and its creators do not believe it to be helpful for DP/DR at all - I understand that you are desperate, we've all been there, but you need to look at the other threads dealing with DP/DR - there's tons of info there.

If you had, then you would know that Lamotrigine is what you need.

And no, Burnout isn't DP/DR, quite the opposite! It's often accompanied with an overly active and negative internal voice, actually.

The wikipedia-article is bloody abysmal, biased and inefficient, mainly taking the American DSM-approach and saying it's more or less the same as depression - uh, NO! There's been plenty of evidence to the contrary - from European scientists. Here in Europe, burnout is more prevalent than in the U.S.A.

But, if you have a look at the wiki-article, you will at least get the general gist:

https://en.wikipedia...ational_burnout

It's a specific type of damage brought on both body and mind from working beyond the limits of human endurance - eventually your entire HPA-axis becomes out of wack, and you suffer severe damage to your hippocampus - the damage is similar to depression, but more intense - us BURNOUT-ers have a greater deal of cognitive decline than regular depressive patients.

It should be noted that unlike regular depressives most of us also have anxiety and sleeping-issues and chronic fatigue coupled together with our depressive symptoms, as such, a recent review actually came to the conclusion that we are MORE ill than the Majorly Depressive Treatment-Resistant! ; ) :' [

Unlike with regular depression a recent review came to the conclusion that Burnout cannot be treated with traditional antidepressants... hence, why, after learning about the catastrophic damage to the Hippocampus which had been found in recent fMRI-studies of the syndrome, I put two and two together - you need a stronger hippocampal genesis to beat this disease - hence why I turned to NSI-189.

Incidentally, I find some help with Lamictal for mood stabilization, but doesn't do much for DP/DR. However, this time is my (I think?) first trial with BOTH Lam and NSI. So far it seems to curb some of the anxiety and since Lam is often an adjunct to AD's anyway, I wonder if they might be synergistic, or at least the Lam is prophylactic perhaps to some of the NSI side effects.

We'll see, only a few days in. Seeing the same patterns as before, and as mentioned above...being analytical in an emotional situation, noticing correlations I hadn't before, and yet sometimes spontaneous emotions (laughter, etc.). And it's either helping my DP/DR, or making it worse...I think if you have it, you'll understand what I mean. The biggest difference is in how I hear my voice when talking; there's a definite change, like talking without noticing, without "hearing" your own voice.

It's such a weird phenomenon, but one oft reported in both DP/DR and excessive anxiety, being basically an overly tuned "outside" observer vs automatic (executive?) behavior. Nortryptiline actually helped here but numbed me out too much.

Anyway, I've stopped 2 trials before, for reasons I honestly don't remember, though I seem to remember primarily "child like emotions" (I believe this came from a commenter on Reddit), and wicked gastrointestinal issues (primarily gas :) ). But doing 40 BID this time vs 40 once (QID?). We shall see! And good luck to all. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users