NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4981 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

Simply put, for me, NSI seems to dial down negative rumination about future, past or present. Its the difference between a slightly choppy day on the ocean, to a nice calm serene one. It allows you to be present easier, to live in the moment, where you can more easily see your truth and act with good intention. It does seem like it may dumb the cognition down a bit, but i just think that if your one to overthink everything, this just may be an illusion, because your so used to your mind being speedy, that the transition to calm feels somewhat SLOW. If in an argument, i can pick my battles, i can see the consequences of what i may say, before i say it- and this becomes useful in treating people the right way, instead of reacting via ego. I do feel fluctuations in energy but lead a busy life and cant blame it solely on the NSI. If i experiment and take too much i may feel a bit on edge, but not quite anxious. It feels entactogenic, i feel closer to my two baby girls, and am more likely to engage in play with them and just sit and enjoy the moment, whereas before i would play but not engage fully in my mind. I also got rid of all social media to further my quest to be "present", which is the place i know i will be most effective in finding out both who i am and what direction to take in my life guided by my souls intention only, with no interference. I am not looking for a cure for anything- if i get the gift of being SLIGHTLY more present, i will run with it and take advantage of it so that i may find a closer relationship with true reality- not one warped by how i am appearing to others, how i should appear to others, or how i think others view me- the unfortunate side effects of this modern social media driven world. If NSI gives you ONE small benefit, run with it and try not to analyze every little thing it does- the end goal is to connect with your inner most self and grow. 

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#4982 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:36 AM

In the end NSI-189 is just a drug, you shouldnt romantizing a drug even if it gives you a good feeling for a period. Its nothing spiritual, just a chemical that affects your brain at a psychedelic degree 

Edited by bugsbunny, 04 February 2017 - 06:38 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 6
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4983 Jack Twist

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

I've only just started NSI, but so far it's making it so effortless to smile all through the day. This stuff is insane!

Really? That's just me that I don't feel anything at all? Maybe I'm taking a too small dose (about 60 mg per day under the tongue) and I started one week ago. Really, the source of NSI-189 is realiable, but nothing happens with me right now.

Whay do you feel exactely?

I've only just started NSI, but so far it's making it so effortless to smile all through the day. This stuff is insane!

Really? That's just me that I don't feel anything at all? Maybe I'm taking a too small dose (about 60 mg per day under the tongue) and I started one week ago. Really, the source of NSI-189 is realiable, but nothing happens with me right now.

Whay do you feel exactely?
  • Agree x 1

#4984 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

I know I'm in the wrong thread for this. But,this is my most frequently used thread and the one for Cerebrosylin seems to be indefinitely locked.

I'm interested in giving this stuff a go. If anyone knows of a reliable source (and possibly of an method of oral adminstration) could you send me a PM?

I'm also interested in personal experiences in cerebrosylin, but only through PM. Trying to keep NSI's house clean.

#4985 hedonism-agonism

• 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

In the end NSI-189 is just a drug, you shouldnt romantizing a drug even if it gives you a good feeling for a period. Its nothing spiritual, just a chemical that affects your brain at a psychedelic degree 

If something has helped folks and there's scientific evidence for it to work long term, I wouldn't call it romanticizing or "just a drug."

• Agree x 3

#4986 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

If something has helped folks and there's scientific evidence for it to work long term, I wouldn't call it romanticizing or "just a drug."

Better memory is long term while the psychedelic alike effect is fading after quiting like with Ibogain, so for me it was a just one of a lot drugs, but i know exactly how people feel that do NSI-189, cause i tried it too. Its not just quiting your depression it makes you a little bit manic.

#4987 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Better memory is long term while the psychedelic alike effect is fading after quiting like with Ibogain, so for me it was a just one of a lot drugs, but i know exactly how people feel that do NSI-189, cause i tried it too. Its not just quiting your depression it makes you a little bit manic.

This is YOUR experience my friend, if not here to discuss the positives of the drug why come in and downplay it for those who seek it to grow, or to have a positive experience. How do you know exactly how people feel that do NSI? That is an impossible statement.  NSI is the least manic inducing nootropic, drug, smart drug, antidepressant i have tried. If there was any chance of mania, FOR ME, it would occur getting wrapped up in the placebo effect in the first few days- but this does not happen anymore because this rodeo of experimentation is not new. I feel like if anything i am less likely to feel what i perceive to be manic type behavior on this drug. I feel more leveled out.  I would think coffee is likely to make you more manic than NSI. If anything NSI grounds ME in reality further than taking me away from it. Again this is MY experience and i am here to grow and share the good things about this drug. I say if your not here to say good things then why say anything else at all? Your brain chemistry does not represent anyone else's brain chemistry's response to this drug. I am not being hostile, i am just trying to figure out why your being negative about it, if you have already tried it and others here are trying it for the first time or looking for good experiences? Maybe the fact it gave you psychadelic like effects made it feel like more of a drug to you. I get absolutely no psychadelic like effects- it feels like one of the more natural substance i have ever taken, with very subtle, precise effects on consciousness. For ME this medication feels like a vitamin compared to an SSRI, SNRI or TCA, in terms of altering consciousness or weighing me down with odd side effects. Most drugs like those would often take my thoughts to places i did not necessarily want them to go, with NSI i am able to gain better control over my thoughts and reel them in if they are going in a direction i don't want them to. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 06 February 2017 - 03:31 PM.

• like x 1

#4988 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

" I am not being hostile, i am just trying to figure out why your being negative about it, if you have already tried it and others here are trying it for the first time or looking for good experiences?"

Warning in first place. For you it might be just a vitamine but in fact its not, if it ever comes out in pharma market it will be a prescription drug with a long list of sides and risks. It is good that NSI helps you, its not good how you downplay any risks to make NSI-189 look like a perfect wonderpill when in fact its not.

• Agree x 2

#4989 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

" I am not being hostile, i am just trying to figure out why your being negative about it, if you have already tried it and others here are trying it for the first time or looking for good experiences?"

Warning in first place. For you it might be just a vitamine but in fact its not, if it ever comes out in pharma market it will be a prescription drug with a long list of sides and risks. It is good that NSI helps you, its not good how you downplay any risks to make NSI-189 look like a perfect wonderpill when in fact its not.

We are all taking experimental substances here, we know the risk we are taking and we are adults. Why would i come on here and talk about the risks, if its one we are all willing to make and have made taking nootropics. (and where did i downplay risks? I am not telling anyone to take it nor claiming its perfectly safe). Again, i am only here to relay my experience. People are asking for experiences in here. Where in my post did i say it was a perfect wonderpill? I stated I HAVE had no negative side effects and its effects are far less pronounced than typical pharma drugs i have experienced, that's it, and for me it feels far less "dirty" than those drugs. It has not changed my life, the circumstances, made me someone who i am not. I make no wild claims. I simply said its made some subtle changes to cognition that are appreciable. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe your dose was too high?  

Edited by Twindaddy37, 06 February 2017 - 11:19 PM.

• like x 1

#4990 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

We are all taking experimental substances here, we know the risk we are taking and we are adults. Why would i come on here and talk about the risks, if its one we are all willing to make and have made taking nootropics. (and where did i downplay risks? I am not telling anyone to take it nor claiming its perfectly safe). Again, i am only here to relay my experience. People are asking for experiences in here. Where in my post did i say it was a perfect wonderpill? I stated I HAVE had no negative side effects and its effects are far less pronounced than typical pharma drugs i have experienced, that's it, and for me it feels far less "dirty" than those drugs. It has not changed my life, the circumstances, made me someone who i am not. I make no wild claims. I simply said its made some subtle changes to cognition that are appreciable. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe your dose was too high?  

Some subtle changes? I thought NSI-189 turned you into a zen master of the highest rank. Just joking if it helps you everythings ok, but keep in mind that it does something with your brain in a positive or negative context. I took 20-30mg per day for some months and i can feel unpleasent mind impairment

Edited by bugsbunny, 07 February 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#4991 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Nice effect of NSI on me: it seems I act "nicer" to people. My girlfriend tells me I am more considerate/kind, she said she almost thought I was going to ask her a favor or something since it seemed suspicious. A friend of mine tells me I'm more patient, less irritable. Bought another 2 grams from Strangelove  :)  thinking I will keep taking this for sure

• Cheerful x 2
  • like x 1

#4992 whatittakes

• 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Nice effect of NSI on me: it seems I act "nicer" to people. My girlfriend tells me I am more considerate/kind, she said she almost thought I was going to ask her a favor or something since it seemed suspicious. A friend of mine tells me I'm more patient, less irritable. Bought another 2 grams from Strangelove  :)  thinking I will keep taking this for sure

"Empathy" is one of the most notable effects I've seen as well; not exactly what you're saying but it's one of the most immediate for me. I.e. responding more considerately and in tune with what someone is telling me, versus automatic "logical" responses. I guess it could be a side effect of it just making you more emotional in general. Anyway, it's positive I find. 

• like x 1

#4993 Shinobutoshiba

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

First I've been taking nsi for about 3 weeks and it was really great. Usually I was very sleepy during the day even though I was not tired at all, I slept well, didn't have much stress. It reduces sleep demand a lot, now 6-7 hours per night is enough for me. A short nap l, about 40 minutes, destroys my day schedule. I can't sleep until 5 am where usually I go to sleep at 1am and wake up at 9am. It makes my mood much better. After 3 weeks I had a break for a week and I felt terrible, I was sleepy all the time, pretty sad and generally did not have much energy. So I started taking it again and it's nice once again. Oh I haven't written that I am type 1 diabetic.

Is there any possibility to have such effects without taking nsi? The reduced sleep demand makes my days really much better and I don't really want to be dependent on some substances all the time.

#4994 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

Some subtle changes? I thought NSI-189 turned you into a zen master of the highest rank. Just joking if it helps you everythings ok, but keep in mind that it does something with your brain in a positive or negative context. I took 20-30mg per day for some months and i can feel unpleasent mind impairment

Can you explain the unpleasant mind impairment? Has any circumstances changed in your life since you stopped taking it, i.e  more work demands, less sleep? are you taking any new supplements? I took it for two months, stopped and felt really no different, aside from maybe colors were not as vibrant as they are on NSI. Whereas in the past if i took an SSRI, SNRI, TCA coming off would be a nightmare filled with weird "brain zaps", vertigo and other strange feelings. Now i have been on it for approx 1 month again and am planning on running it for 6 and stopping. If i get any negative effect whatsoever i will either cut dose in half or stop- especially what people describe as nerve issues in their extremities. The ONLY side effect i have felt, very rarely is a slight twitch in my eyelid. Also i find it does not pair well with nicotine, when i am not on NSI i can vape alot of nicotine through the day and feel fine, but on NSI if i take in too much nicotine i feel a little on edge, but this is easily curtailed by cutting back on it. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 07 February 2017 - 03:34 PM.

• like x 1

#4995 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

"Empathy" is one of the most notable effects I've seen as well; not exactly what you're saying but it's one of the most immediate for me. I.e. responding more considerately and in tune with what someone is telling me, versus automatic "logical" responses. I guess it could be a side effect of it just making you more emotional in general. Anyway, it's positive I find. 

I agree with this, it seems to help get out of the left brain thinking a bit, and wanting to be more in right brain, where intuition and creativity rule. The increase in empathy as well as being compelled to ditch social media, is strong evidence for me that this has a positive effect on R Brain L brain balance in this busy world, for some of us. I am finding that it pairs well with polygala- sort of enhances this effect further, in my experience, better so than tianeptine. Feels a bit more natural and smooth than tianeptine. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 07 February 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#4996 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

The member that said using 60mg sublingually, thats a huge dose! 

According to the Neuralstem studies there is an inverted U dose response with NSI-189, the highest dosage in the study 120 mg/day showed no efficacy, but the 40, 80 mg/day doses did. Sublingual use of 60mg can be close to 120mg orally, so some are using too much!

As I said before this new batch has the same graph results as the older one. The lab told me that is a new batch, I could not confirm that, the only think I can say is that is fluffier. The red mini scoop I include is only 3-4mg from this batch. Other than that, color, taste and effects... Are the same.

Price is sitill $24-$16/gram depending on the amount, and now the registered shipping option is plus $3 (still free for larger amounts).

• Agree x 1

#4997 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

I agree with this, it seems to help get out of the left brain thinking a bit, and wanting to be more in right brain, where intuition and creativity rule. The increase in empathy as well as being compelled to ditch social media, is strong evidence for me that this has a positive effect on R Brain L brain balance in this busy world, for some of us. I am finding that it pairs well with polygala- sort of enhances this effect further, in my experience, better so than tianeptine. Feels a bit more natural and smooth than tianeptine. 

Where are you buying polygala from? Is it the "will strengthener" herb used in that "dragon herbs" product below? I tried it many many years ago with no much of a result, there is some heavy marketing in that site and their products can be expensive, but I may try it again together with NSI-189.

http://www.dragonher....asp?number=180

Will power is based on a wonderful tonic herb now called Polygala. This herb was traditionally known as the "Will Strengthener." Polygala is combined with herbs that strengthen Qi and Shen, helping us to remain "centered" during stress and thus allowing us to persevere through difficulties. Will Power can be used by anyone wishing to build will power in order to achieve new heights and to break old habits, no matter how deeply engrained. *

#4998 Acausal

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Jacenospam asked me to pop in and give an update on my experiences. I hadn't been in this thread as much because I don't know if you've noticed, but it's a very busy one. I just finished up my last cycle of it. I'd say that it made a big difference, overall, and I do think that some of the changes I experiences were long lasting (so far so good, fingers crossed)

That said, I did reach a plateau beyond which I don't know that it was helping all that much. Once I reduced the dose to 20mg and stopped taking things with it that were increasing my anxiety threshold, it was great. I feel substantially less depression, and my fatigue and burnout are significantly reduced. I did notice a remarkably synergistic effect with exercise, I wish I had been exercising more throughout. If I decide to do another cycle I'll probably try to make sure to get in daily aerobic exercise. So, yeah, not a magic bullet but it did address and help with things that were intractable with the other things I had tried. It was tricky to manage anxiety while taking it, though. That was an unexpected challenge. It's a fascinating compound, and I think that whatever it works to treat was exactly what I needed at that point in time. I can definitely say that based on my experience, I'm not certain it's going to help with some of the conditions people are mentioning that fall a little further from the PTSD/Depression area that the researchers developed it for.

• Agree x 1

#4999 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

Where are you buying polygala from? Is it the "will strengthener" herb used in that "dragon herbs" product below? I tried it many many years ago with no much of a result, there is some heavy marketing in that site and their products can be expensive, but I may try it again together with NSI-189.

http://www.dragonher....asp?number=180

Will power is based on a wonderful tonic herb now called Polygala. This herb was traditionally known as the "Will Strengthener." Polygala is combined with herbs that strengthen Qi and Shen, helping us to remain "centered" during stress and thus allowing us to persevere through difficulties. Will Power can be used by anyone wishing to build will power in order to achieve new heights and to break old habits, no matter how deeply engrained. *

Yes, that is the substance. Polygala Tenuifolia. Nootropics depot sells a powdered extract of it and its pretty darn cheap as far as nootropics go. I tried it sublingual for a while as that the original way i thought it should be done, and didn't notice too much. I put the container aside for a few months, and decided to do a little more research on it, and noticed someone saying to take it orally. So i revisited the substance and i upped the dose and started taking it orally, with a very noticeable increase in efficacy then from when i was taking it SL a while back. Though now i am pairing it with NSI, when i wasn't before, and there could be some synergy. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 07 February 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#5000 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

"Can you explain the unpleasant mind impairment?"

It feels like my filter to remember things have been porous. I remember irrelevant things more then ever. It doesnt have a very negative effect on daily life but it doesnt feel natural.

• Agree x 1

#5001 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

"Can you explain the unpleasant mind impairment?"

It feels like my filter to remember things have been porous. I remember irrelevant things more then ever. It doesnt have a very negative effect on daily life but it doesnt feel natural.

Interesting. For me NSI has no nootropic like value, i don't notice any memory improvement or degradation. When i first started i did notice old memories rushing in randomly at different times, mostly childhood ones, as others have described, but this effect faded. Only seems to effect emotional domain for me, as well as increased color saturation at times. Can anyone explain this? serotonin involvement? The same thing happens when i take methylene blue, colors appear incredibly vibrant. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 08 February 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#5002 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

There shouldn't be any differences in effect between the phosphate and freebase aside form pharmacokinetics, correct? I seem to not be getting all the benefits everyone is, just sleepiness and mild dissociation @10mg sublingual daily in the morning.

#5003 dreamedm

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

Has anyone been able to relieve or recover from Depersonalization with NSI?

I have "blank mind' DP (with possibly severe depression) and it's wreaking havoc on my life.

#5004 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:23 AM

I have "blank mind' DP (with possibly severe depression) and it's wreaking havoc on my life.

There has been no reports, to my knowledge - never seen anyone with stated DP/DR even even try NSI-189! 0_o

Anyways, that's not the researched use of the drug though - it's strictly depression/ptsd, as have been stated.

However, if you feel depressed as well, then it might definitely be worth giving it a try - dealing with DP/DR should be a lot easier if you're not depressed.

It should be noted though, that there have been studies with SSRI's which showed efficacy in dealing with DP/DR, and they do help with depression as well.

Might be an idea to look into SSRI's as well - I recommend Escitalopram - it actually has some evidence showing it has greater efficacy than other SSRI's - it's more selective towards Serotonin though, so cognitive blunting is known to be more prominent as well. That can easily be countered with the addition of something like Reboxetine though.

#5005 dreamedm

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:32 AM

There has been no reports, to my knowledge - never seen anyone with stated DP/DR even even try NSI-189! 0_o

Anyways, that's not the researched use of the drug though - it's strictly depression/ptsd, as have been stated.

However, if you feel depressed as well, then it might definitely be worth giving it a try - dealing with DP/DR should be a lot easier if you're not depressed.

It should be noted though, that there have been studies with SSRI's which showed efficacy in dealing with DP/DR, and they do help with depression as well.

Might be an idea to look into SSRI's as well - I recommend Escitalopram - it actually has some evidence showing it has greater efficacy than other SSRI's - it's more selective towards Serotonin though, so cognitive blunting is known to be more prominent as well. That can easily be countered with the addition of something like Reboxetine though.

Thanks for the input. I recently started Zoloft, and if it doesn't do anything for my blank mind dp I will probably get off and try the NSI.

#5006 tdmonster99

• 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Dreamedm,

As someone who has symptoms that match up with DP/DR induced from hallucinogen use, I would say NSI-189 was definitely valuable in its treatment effect.  I also previously tried SSRIs such as sertraline and escitalopram with minimal to moderate benefit.  I wouldn't say NSI-189 has a large effect on the visual perception issues of DP/DR but greatly improved secondary issues such as depressive symptoms, anxiety and ability to handle stress.

#5007 dreamedm

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:39 AM

tdmonster99,

thank you for the input. Did/do you by any chance also have the "blank mind" dp? This, along with the other symptoms that come with it, is the most devastating for me. With blank mind, I suffer from flat affect, complete disconnection from others, no pleasure in anything, and no drive/motivation to do anything. If NSI-189 can reverse this and give me back my "internal monologue," it would be a miracle.

#5008 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

tdmonster99,

thank you for the input. Did/do you by any chance also have the "blank mind" dp? This, along with the other symptoms that come with it, is the most devastating for me. With blank mind, I suffer from flat affect, complete disconnection from others, no pleasure in anything, and no drive/motivation to do anything. If NSI-189 can reverse this and give me back my "internal monologue," it would be a miracle.

When I was in the worst depths of deep depression I had blank mind for about 6 months. Only time and effort put it right. Exercise and experience new things like a mad man even if you don't enjoy doing it. Do not sit in front of the PC. Be open and honest with your friends. Dont rely on drugs.

Edited by Irishdude, 09 February 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#5009 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

"When i first started i did notice old memories rushing in randomly at different times, mostly childhood ones, as others have described, but this effect faded."

Yes exactly the same thing, like random memories pop up of unimportant stuff like me making a coffee that i made half hour ago etc. This effect came after quiting NSI not in the time I consumed NSI. In the time of the "flashback" i cant focus on other thoughts.

To the guy with blank mind, you could ask your doc to give you something that affects dopamine system (L-Dopa). Seems to me related. I kickstarted my brain with Ethylphenidate and it still runs fast and good. You could also try my nr.1 tipp rhodiola rosea and if that doesnt help test lowdose NSI and inrease dosage in little steps.

Edited by bugsbunny, 09 February 2017 - 01:39 PM.

• Agree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5010 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

tdmonster99,

When I was in the worst depths of deep depression I had blank mind for about 6 months. Only time and effort put it right. Exercise and experience new things like a mad man even if you don't enjoy doing it. Do not sit in front of the PC. Be open and honest with your friends. Dont rely on drugs.

This.
Exactly this.
What Irishdude said all the way.
I was severely depressed for a long time, depersonalized, with anhedonia and chronic anxiety. And though nootropics helped nudge me along a bit, what really zapped me back to living real life was an aerobic exercise regimine. If I had one recommendation to any depressed or dysthimic person (as I have been for years) it would be to begin an exercise routine.
Sustained, aerobic exercise.
I CANNOT tout it's benefits enough.

tdmonster99,

This.
Exactly this.
What Irishdude said all the way.
I was severely depressed for a long time, depersonalized, with anhedonia and chronic anxiety. And though nootropics helped nudge me along a bit, what really zapped me back to living real life was an aerobic exercise regimine. If I had one recommendation to any depressed or dysthimic person (as I have been for years) it would be to begin an exercise routine.
Sustained, aerobic exercise.
I CANNOT tout it's benefits enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users