NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1231 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

I am very pleased that science guy is going to run or help run another group buy :-D

I would love to be a part of the next buy Science Guy. Thanks!

Woah... to clarify, when I refer to doing another GROUP BUY I am not necessarily saying this will be for NSI-189 but speaking in general terms regarding whatever compound in whatever GROUP BUY in which I am involved in future ;)

Just want to make sure that there is no misunderstanding in this regard... Let's wait and see what are the results and what is everyone's experience with NSI-189 from the first group buy first :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 27 August 2013 - 10:25 AM.

• like x 2

#1232 vlk

• Life Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Woah... to clarify, when I refer to doing another GROUP BUY I am not necessarily saying this will be for NSI-189 but speaking in general terms regarding whatever compound in whatever GROUP BUY in which I am involved in future ;)

Just want to make sure that there is no misunderstanding in this regard... Let's wait and see what are the results and what is everyone's experience with NSI-189 from the first group buy first :)

Well if you do want to be involved in another group buy of NSI-189, we have almost enough interest to start soon http://www.longecity...si189-groupbuy/
Your involvement would be appreciated by everyone! :)

On another note, the clinical trials currently being run by NeuralStem appear to be using the phosphate salt of NSI-189, not the free base. I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert in either chemistry or pharmodynamics, but some drugs such as codeine are much more soluble in water as the phosphate salt than the free base.

Has anyone done any more research into this, or tried taking NSI-189 in any salt forms?

Edited by vlk, 27 August 2013 - 11:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1233 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

On another note, the clinical trials currently being run by NeuralStem appear to be using the phosphate salt of NSI-189, not the free base. I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert in either chemistry or pharmodynamics, but some drugs such as codeine are much more soluble in water as the phosphate salt than the free base.

Has anyone done any more research into this, or tried taking NSI-189 in any salt forms?

To clarify, it is the PHOSPHATE form that everyone participating in the first group buy is currently taking ;)
  • like x 1

#1234 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I started taking NSI-189 today using a 20mg dose orally.
What is everyone's preferred route of administration and what dose are you taking? Thanks :)

#1235 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

20-25mg twice/day sublingual.

#1236 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

20-25mg twice/day sublingual.

Do you feel a difference when using sublingually vs. orally?

Edited by spookytooth, 27 August 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#1237 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Oral absorption is good but sublingual is better IME. I get a stronger overall and more immediate effect from sublingual using slightly smaller (30 vs 25mg) doses and am making it stretch farther while still getting excellent efficacy possibly because the sublingual absorption goes directly into the blood steam entering the brain before returning to systematic circulation therefore delivering more of the drug into the brain directly. It definitely works better for me anyway.

#1238 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

I started taking NSI-189 today using a 20mg dose orally.
What is everyone's preferred route of administration and what dose are you taking? Thanks :)

I am following Hebbeh's advice now with sublingual dosing. It seems to absorb more completely and also last longer. I tried oral and though it was effective, the same dose sublingual is more effective. It doesn't taste good, causes some mild numbness, and takes quite a while to dissolve. Considering the results, I can live with that.

I started with approximately 40 mg twice a day, then 3 times a day, went down to 30 mg twice a day. At 30 mg x2 effect decreased slightly, so I've gone back to 40 mg x2.

#1239 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Perhaps the most important information that came from that Phase Ia trial was the fact that there were absolutely no side effects. For example, one of the most popular antidepressants, Prozac lists common side effects which include nausea, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and anxiety. Some of these side effects are worse than the actual depression, so many patients just quit using the drugs.

Odd considering almost everyone on NSI is experiencing headaches and increased appetite.

This is a good point in some ways, but:

For me personally, drugs such as Prozac did indeed cause enough significant side effects that I quit. Benefits did not outweigh the sides.

But the NSI-189 side effects for me are so mild, compared to common psych drugs, that I really had to be sure before even reporting them.

The other thing to consider, is that those people trialing this drug for Neuralstem had significant depressive symptoms. So if those not receiving placebo but the real drug were feeling the positive effects similar to what's been reported here thus far, they might not even notice, and-or might be reluctant to report any mild negative symptoms that would be construed as side effects, for fear of being removed from the study, thus losing the benefit of the drug.

I'd think research like this is designed to prevent the above, but as we see here on these threads, those desperate for a cure will go to extraordinary and sometimes devious lengths to acquire and maintain a protocol that is working.

So perhaps thats why the official test subjects did not report any side effects, yet people here are. Unofficial trial subjects like me are scrutinizing more closely because we have less to lose at the same time we may be more concerned with the potential risks. For those in the research who experienced positive benefits, there was no guarantee they would ever have access to the drug again. So reporting even very mild sides could end their participation.

Just a wild speculation on my part...
  • like x 3

#1240 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

The mild headache I experienced the first 4 or 5 days has been nonexistent since and the mild increase in appetite would be difficult to classify as a negative side....especially since I live on a strict moderate carb moderate calorie intake to begin with. I haven't gained weight and body composition hasn't changed. The increase in appetite could very well be attributed to extra calories required for increased metabolism in generating and growing the hippocampus. And I've increased my carb intake as appetite dictates to accommodate that end. As they say...no free lunch.
  • dislike x 1

#1241 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Has anyone who experiences OCD or Bipolar traits been trialling NSI? If so could you share anything in regards to those two conditions? Thanks.

#1242 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

i have a mild headache right now and i have not tried nsi yet. maybe my headache is coming from the part of my brain that wants the info on nsi, unifiram, and bpap! anyone else reading these threads, not taking anything, and have a headache?

#1243 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

I think it is very possible that my headache was dosage dependent. I was taking 40mg x 2 and having headaches. Now I am down to 30mg x 2 and I am not having any headaches.

#1244 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Lol, count me in. I am having a mild headache after reading so many post. It must be some part of my hippocampus growing due to my intensive readings. Currently I am not taking Nsi, unifiram, or bpap, but joined the group buy on PRL. Thinking of it makes my headache more severe because there was some problem with the pay-it-square website. At any rate, I am going to join the second group buy of NSI.

#1245 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

You guys (and gals) are getting some attention on the Yahoo finance message board.

Posted Image

Edited by Metagene, 28 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

• like x 1

#1246 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Just to note, I have only had a very slight headache, and that was but twice in a whole 2+ weeks of trialling this substance, and only at the very beginning. I hesitate to even call it a headache it was that mild. I think perhaps it seems that 'almost everyone on NSI is experiencing headaches' because the ones who haven't been having them have not particularly reported on this 'non-news'.
  • like x 1

#1247 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Just to note, I have only had a very slight headache, and that was but twice in a whole 2+ weeks of trialling this substance, and only at the very beginning. I hesitate to even call it a headache it was that mild. I think perhaps it seems that 'almost everyone on NSI is experiencing headaches' because the ones who haven't been having them have not particularly reported on this 'non-news'.

That's what I thought too.

The three symptoms I had that were most likely side effects, mild infrequent headaches and slight pressure and hunger are now gone.These so called side effects were very, very mild. Maybe not the hunger, but the head effects were.

The only other possible side effect, and I am not at all certain it's coming from NSI-189, is a pleasant and very mild kind of relaxed fatigue at times. I'm not even sure if fatigue is the right word. It may be caused by the end of summer slow-down. But maybe, like the hunger, it's a consequence of the amount of energy your body and brain are using to grow a larger hippocampus.

It's still working 18 days now, with the same positive effects. I have gotten used to this improved state though, so I don't notice it so much.

#1248 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

The three symptoms I had that were most likely side effects, mild infrequent headaches and slight pressure and hunger are now gone.These so called side effects were very, very mild. Maybe not the hunger, but the head effects were.

The only other possible side effect, and I am not at all certain it's coming from NSI-189, is a pleasant and very mild kind of relaxed fatigue at times. I'm not even sure if fatigue is the right word. It may be caused by the end of summer slow-down. But maybe, like the hunger, it's a consequence of the amount of energy your body and brain are using to grow a larger hippocampus.

It's still working 18 days now, with the same positive effects. I have gotten used to this improved state though, so I don't notice it so much.

Not to downplay your experiences with NSI, but it's a little silly to contribute such effects as "I am hungry! That means my hypothalamus is growing!" or "I feel pressure on my brain, it must mean my hypothalamus is growing!".

As for the trials downplaying their side effect, I am pretty sure the first trial was with healthy individuals and the second trial was for individuals with depression. There would be no reason for the first trial to lie. Also there are strict standards of testing for dependency on a drug. Otherwise everyone would downplay all the side effects and be hooked on whatever cooked up drug that makes them feel high.

Edited by BrainFrost, 28 August 2013 - 11:43 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1249 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Log: 8:30 am — 8/26/13

Sleep hours — 6
Sleep quality — excellent
Dreaming — little memory

Scaled from 0-6:

Health — 6
Fitness — 5
Mood — 6
Energy — 5
Focus — 6
Memory — 5
Libido — 5
Internal Stress (perceived stress) — 0
External Stressors (real life events that require significant responses and changes) — 1
Productivity — 6
Creativity — 4

(Those are em dashes in front of the numbers above, not minus symbols!)

Notes: The measures above are extremely high for me. On an average day before NSI-189, doing all the right things to take care of myself, having no serious crises to deal with I might have a few 4 measures, a couple of 3s and maybe one 5. So this is remarkable. I do not believe that I am under the spell of placebo. I am not even particularly worried any longer that it will run out pretty soon, which would trigger my usual "I may need to prepare for death!" catastrophic thinking. It seems to have removed all the useless mental clutter that I had accumulated, while restoring my ability to see to the heart of emotional issues and come up with a helpful perspective along with the energy and drive to act appropriately. It is much easier to enjoy the good things, and much easier to address unpleasant tasks, and much, much easier to be functional and even feel normal during real crises.

I am having some trouble believing that fixing my PTSD could be so easy, especially after all the other intensive stuff I'd been doing to be free of it.
  • like x 1

#1250 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Not to downplay your experiences with NSI, but it's a little silly to contribute such effects as "I am hungry! That means my hypothalamus is growing!" or "I feel pressure on my brain, it must mean my hypothalamus is growing!".

As for the trials downplaying their side effect, I am pretty sure the first trial was with healthy individuals and the second trial was for individuals with depression. There would be no reason for the first trial to lie. Also there are strict standards of testing for dependency on a drug. Otherwise everyone would downplay all the side effects and be hooked on whatever cooked up drug that makes them feel high.

Actually, I am not "contributing" (I think maybe you meant attributing), my comments above about growing a larger hippocampus are just speculation, nothing more. I use the word "maybe" quite a lot when I'm making an informed guess, as do other people. This kind of speculation is certainly very meaningless in the big picture of an official trial, which this thread does not represent. But on a case by case basis, official trial or not, unique symptoms that are common among the testers are pretty interesting. One of the great luxuries that an unoffical trial like this gives its participants is the ability to talk to one another about their experiences, rather than only talking to a researcher. Loosely put, the people taking it here are both researcher and participant. This could of course lead to mass delusion, but I really don't see that happening here. I have had a few over-the-top things to say when I first started NSI-189 because the effect was so comprehensive and so rapid. That is my personal style. I am actually using a huge amount of restraint in my comments about NSI-189. But apparently not enough...

Also, my wild speculation about the reasons why the trial participants did not report any side effects wasn't about the idea that participants might be getting "hooked". It was simply that those people with MDD had finally gotten some relief and might worry that they would revert to their former state when the trial is over, which is a pretty awful place to be. Much as PTSD has degraded the quality of my life and my functioning, I regard MDD as a truly life sapping (and sometimes ending) disorder. My heart goes out to those who suffer with it.
  • like x 5

#1251 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

need more user reviews, less nonsense.
  • dislike x 11
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • like x 1

#1252 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

need more user reviews, less nonsense.

Yeah, it would be nice to have more objective measures from brain training tests. I guess not many people baselined themselves beforehand.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1253 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm not too fond on the idea that the headaches are caused by the hippocampus growing in my head, but, believe what you want, I just ate 2 plates and I am still hungry. I weight about 130 pounds and I'm around 30. This is unusual for me. Blame placebo effect, blame whatever you want, but take it as a fact.
  • like x 3

#1254 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

10:00 am, just taken the first dose (25mg) sublingually.
About 15 minutes after felt relaxed and some tingling in left hemisphere. Far from a headache and so far pleasant effect.

Haven't taken modafinil or coffee. Anyone tried to mix those with NSI-189?

Edited by ranza, 29 August 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#1255 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

So far I have not had any of the headaches many of you who have mentioned them mentioned but I do low dose 10-20mg so... or it could be my age.

As for the appetite increase, no change here. I have a bit of an eating disorder where I just do not get hungry or just do not feel like eating even when it’s been one or two days with no stomach discomfort. Usually I realize its been awhile when fatigue kicks in heavily or someone asks. Appetite could very well be increasing it but am unaware of the effect if it is.

After saying all that I do agree/feel the same with most of the positive post here. First few days were eutrophic and from there they were calmer/(handling stressors better) but full of vibrancy and energy at the same time with no lessening of effects expect the becoming accustomed to the effects to where it is the norm.
  • like x 1

#1256 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Has anyone tried it in combination with Tianeptine?
To me it sounds like it could be an interesting, highly synergic combination

#1257 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

no quotes here. usually the patient states the side effects to the pharma companies and they do what they want with them. publish them maybe. lose them...well maybe. any input, speculations, reporting even the slightest changes of feeling is positive feedback/results. but most importantly, the participants of this trial need to start some kind of "dual n' back" testing. if no plateau has been hit, no prob. people usually only improve a certain percentage of original scores. even quick memorization tests are good. heres one for today if nothing else
plate
paperclip
speaker
shampoo
desk
card
bracelet
cd
salt shaker
red car
drumstick
shoe
read the list once, turn the computer screen off, then jot down what you remember, in order post your results we can try again in one day. maybe somebody else can make another list all the best to all the pioneers on this site
  • like x 1

#1258 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

no quotes here. usually the patient states the side effects to the pharma companies and they do what they want with them. publish them maybe. lose them...well maybe. any input, speculations, reporting even the slightest changes of feeling is positive feedback/results. but most importantly, the participants of this trial need to start some kind of "dual n' back" testing. if no plateau has been hit, no prob. people usually only improve a certain percentage of original scores. even quick memorization tests are good. heres one for today if nothing else
plate
paperclip
speaker
shampoo
desk
card
bracelet
cd
salt shaker
red car
drumstick
shoe
read the list once, turn the computer screen off, then jot down what you remember, in order post your results we can try again in one day. maybe somebody else can make another list all the best to all the pioneers on this site

got 9 on 12... I'm surprised. I'll try again tomorow. I'll post later on for dnb
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1259 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I have been taking NSI for the last three weeks and the last week has been significantly different than the first two.

Granted, during the first two weeks, I have observed improvement in mood but this is way more pronounced right now.

It is almost as if I have opened my eyes to life for the first time in a very long time. It feels like there was a curtain of depression in front of my eyes and that has finally lifted.

I am significantly better at programming and mental tasks. It might be a side effect of the depression lifting but I am more goal oriented and I can overcome obstacles (both technical and emotional) that would normally cause me to stop working on a project or get very stressed.

In the last five days, I have observed a reduction in social anxiety symptoms. I am pretty sure this is not placebo as I wasn't expecting this effect from NSI, in fact, if you look at my previous posts, you can see that I was saying that it didn't do anything for SA. Of course, a reduction in depressive symptoms can be motivating me to work through these problems.

I know these are hard to imagine for people who haven't tried this compound but I have taken a ridiculous number of supplements and pharmaceuticals in the past and nothing gave me this sort of lucidity and clarity, reminiscent only from my childhood.

The only thing I changed in my regimen in the last week is that I stopped taking Omega3. I don't think that's responsible is these effects.

Edited by therein, 29 August 2013 - 03:49 PM.

• like x 6

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1260 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

I have been taking NSI for the last three weeks and the last week has been significantly different than the first two.

Granted, during the first two weeks, I have observed improvement in mood but this is way more pronounced right now.

It is almost as if I have opened my eyes to life for the first time in a very long time. It feels like there was a curtain of depression in front of my eyes and that has finally lifted.

I am significantly better at programming and mental tasks. It might be a side effect of the depression lifting but I am more goal oriented and I can overcome obstacles (both technical and emotional) that would normally cause me to stop working on a project or get very stressed.

In the last five days, I have observed a reduction in social anxiety symptoms. I am pretty sure this is not placebo as I wasn't expecting this effect from NSI, in fact, if you look at my previous posts, you can see that I was saying that it didn't do anything for SA. Of course, a reduction in depressive symptoms can be motivating me to work through these problems.

I know these are hard to imagine for people who haven't tried this compound but I have taken a ridiculous number of supplements and pharmaceuticals in the past and nothing gave me this sort of lucidity and clarity, reminiscent only from my childhood.

The only thing I changed in my regimen in the last week is that I stopped taking Omega3. I don't think that's responsible is these effects.

did you have minor or clinical depression diagnosed before? Still waiting for my scale...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)