* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1291 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for your updates mizten, i enjoyed reading another positive-responder's view of things.
  • like x 1

#1292 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

On the cognitive side of things I have noticed an increased memory association ability, my autobiographical memory is coming back somewhat, so when something in the environment happens in may trigger a thought of something past, or after a conversation or an experience it may reverberate in my mind for a while. This sounds normal but I haven't experienced it for a very long time, so it's a great introduction :) Another interesting thing is that the mood lift has stabilised, and now seems to have translated into a greater ability to feel a wider range of emotions whereas before I felt quite emotionally numb most of the time. I could almost say it has been instrumental in the restoration of my 'personhood'.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1293 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

On the cognitive side of things I have noticed an increased memory association ability, my autobiographical memory is coming back somewhat, so when something in the environment happens in may trigger a thought of something past, or after a conversation or an experience it may reverberate in my mind for a while. This sounds normal but I haven't experienced it for a very long time, so it's a great introduction :) Another interesting thing is that the mood lift has stabilised, and now seems to have translated into a greater ability to feel a wider range of emotions whereas before I felt quite emotionally numb most of the time. I could almost say it has been instrumental in the restoration of my 'personhood'.

I must say your review of this compound quite nearly matches my take on it.

Better access to my memory and ability to link it to what is happen and creativity is up (partially to credit to the rest of my stack and modding of diet) plus the affects mood wise are leveling out after I was on it constantly at 20mg 2x daily (my sweet spot for this compound and that's orally not sublingually. 40mg feels like to much for me). I feel awake like I was half asleep for years only stirring occasionally to toss and turn. But now I am awake and ready to get out and do more with my life. The world is a big place with many opportunities and risks to be gambled with. Not that I support gambling ;) just a figure of speech here.

The only thing left on my mind is when do I get more and where do I go from here?

I still have quite a bit left so I may drop down to 1-5mg to maintain the effects seeing the NSI-1-89 is alleged to have long lasting affects.

#1294 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's great to read your reviews guys. I'll postpone my final review until the end and oh boy it'll be interesting to see the MRI comparison :)
I'll post all my results here, but fellows! How about gathering the results in one place? I've prepared a form with a bunch of questions so we can have the results of our little trial in a bit better form. Go on and write down your observations:

https://docs.google....6ypUAM/viewform

Remarks very welcome :)

Edited by ranza, 05 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.

• like x 1

#1295 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Great to see all the reviews coming in. Scienceguy's great contribution to the forum. NeuralStem's contribution to the world. I am glad for each and everyone of you, and any one else whos life has been improved. My only concern is whether the improvements are permanent. Whether it will need redosing. My fear being, loss of previous "normal" stance (before NSI 189) and falling deeper into the chasm that is depression. One of the earlier posts I remember reading went along the lines of "wow, I never knew that I was depressed all this time", which reminds of the the countless times the same thing has been said of Cocaine. "This is the only way to live!" sort of mentaility of cokeheads. I hope my fears are unfounded, depression veiled by a curtain is not the cure. I am looking forward to the updates over the rest of this year and wish all of us the best.

Edited by Breezey, 05 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

• like x 1

#1296 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Great to see all the reviews coming in. Scienceguy's great contribution to the forum. NeuralStem's contribution to the world. I am glad for each and everyone of you, and any one else whos life has been improved. My only concern is whether the improvements are permanent. Whether it will need redosing. My fear being, loss of previous "normal" stance (before NSI 189) and falling deeper into the chasm that is depression. One of the earlier posts I remember reading went along the lines of "wow, I never knew that I was depressed all this time", which reminds of the the countless times the same thing has been said of Cocaine. "This is the only way to live!" sort of mentaility of cokeheads. I hope my fears are unfounded, depression veiled by a curtain is not the cure. I am looking forward to the updates over the rest of this year and wish all of us the best.

Cocaine is euphoric. I wouldn't call this substance euphoric in any way.

#1297 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Quick update.....approaching the end of my third week. I've had some difficulty in finding the sweet spot for sublingual dosing but for me, 20 mg often leaves me feeling a little over stimulated (it seems to potentiate my caffeine habit....and possibly other supplements)...and have settled on closer to 10 mg which I get definite effects from. It certainly seems to have positive effects on interactions with others...it would appear in both how I perceive the interaction and the impression I receive from the other end of exchanges....at least it seems people have been more warm, pleasant and accommodating.....or perhaps it's just changed the way I perceive the world around me.....it's really hard to tell. I'm a positive person for the most part so I find it surprising that it has seemed to increase my outlook even more in that regard. It's really hard to put the effects into words as it seems both somewhat subtle and multifaceted at the same time and for that reason I believe the MOA to be complex. The effect in one word is profound.

#1298 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Cocaine is euphoric. I wouldn't call this substance euphoric in any way.

That is exactly what meant to express when I used the word "normal". And btw even if depression is only "veiled by a curtain" as you put it this can make the difference between leading and not leading a functional life.

#1299 wallycleaver

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

First time poster.....long time Neuralstem follower. Come from a family with a long history of depression and anxiety and am fascinated by NSI-189 and what I'm reading on this site!

Yet, I have an important question;

A reputable source from Neuralstem told me that they paid well over $500,000 for the batch of NSI-189 used in Phase 1A-B of the FDA trials.

How can anybody be certain that the supposedly synthesized drug in this Forum is actually NSI-189. This group paid $32,000, while Neuralstem paid over $500,000 for the same compound. Seriously, how can one be certain that this Group Buy is legit?

#1300 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

First time poster.....long time Neuralstem follower. Come from a family with a long history of depression and anxiety and am fascinated by NSI-189 and what I'm reading on this site!

A reputable source from Neuralstem told me that they paid well over $500,000 for the batch of NSI-189 used in Phase 1A-B of the FDA trials.

How can anybody be certain that the supposedly synthesized drug in this Forum is actually NSI-189. This group paid $32,000, while Neuralstem paid over $500,000 for the same compound. Seriously, how can one be certain that this Group Buy is legit?

I would assume that it was an FDA approved/regulated lab and that it was a LARGE order.

Edit: Plus they used/spent government money so why not pay that much?

Edited by Q did it!, 06 September 2013 - 08:15 AM.

• like x 3

#1301 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

The synthesizing lab sent a COA, not to mention ScienceGuy had it analyzed at a third party lab just to be sure. What we have here is definitely NSI-189 Phosphate.
  • like x 4

#1302 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Interesting, if Neuralstem got everything in 1 order that would be good news for there being some way to store this compound without it losing potency. Their Phase I-A trial was initiated in February 2011.

BTW, the current results are from the ScienceGuy's first group buy which was for for 200 grams at ~$54/gram.

Edited by cyberger, 06 September 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#1303 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm sure Neuralstem had it capped (probably under inert gas) and bottled (again under inert gas) and under pharmaceutical conditions. Caps sealed in gas filled bottles will keep literally years under those conditions. And I'm sure that was part of the $500,000 cost.
  • like x 2

#1304 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

I've been trying to write a summary of my trial. But I am really so blown away by the results of this trial, that my summary would sound over the top, to put it mildly. It's not that I was a wreck before, just that it was taking a lot of energy and work to have a slightly below average quality of life due to brain-neuro problems. How often is there a medicine that cures you in one short month? Maybe it's best to wait a while...

There are still strong effects 3 days after the last dose, today especially. Plus, I had to skip 3 days while traveling. So far, this is only good. Perhaps another month of tracking changes will provide a better overview.

What is baffling is how rapidly this worked. I cannot believe that new hippocampal neurons were grown and activated in less than three days (from the start). So perhaps the chemical is also able to make pre-existing cells more functional, which would explain the speed and magnitude of efficacy. It sure seems to target a large number of brain functions: memory, mood, focus, sensory awareness, emotional processing, sleep, and motivation. Plus, I suspect biological functions outside the brain also.

I was taking lithium orotate, which may have helped. Plus my NSI dose was higher than most others here. But then, I think my brain was more damaged. Though weirdly, some people half my age were reporting exactly the same effects.

But saying now what it isn't might be helpful, especially considering all the interest in a second group buy.
NSI-189 is not psychoactive.
NSI-189 is not addictive.
NSI-189 does not cause hypomania.

If brain damage can be healed this way safely, and this drug becomes available to patients, its a whole new world for a hell of a lot of people.

NSI = New Synapses Integrated
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#1305 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Interesting, if Neuralstem got everything in 1 order that would be good news for there being some way to store this compound without it losing potency. Their Phase I-A trial was initiated in February 2011.

BTW, the current results are from the ScienceGuy's first group buy which was for for 200 grams at ~$54/gram.

pretty sure its real! Ive been on this site for a while and read some posts that assure me we are in capable company. p.s. some governments like to pay 20 grand for a stapler!

#1306 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've been trying to write a summary of my trial. But I am really so blown away by the results of this trial, that my summary would sound over the top, to put it mildly. It's not that I was a wreck before, just that it was taking a lot of energy and work to have a slightly below average quality of life due to brain-neuro problems. How often is there a medicine that cures you in one short month? Maybe it's best to wait a while...

There are still strong effects 3 days after the last dose, today especially. Plus, I had to skip 3 days while traveling. So far, this is only good. Perhaps another month of tracking changes will provide a better overview.

What is baffling is how rapidly this worked. I cannot believe that new hippocampal neurons were grown and activated in less than three days (from the start). So perhaps the chemical is also able to make pre-existing cells more functional, which would explain the speed and magnitude of efficacy. It sure seems to target a large number of brain functions: memory, mood, focus, sensory awareness, emotional processing, sleep, and motivation. Plus, I suspect biological functions outside the brain also.

I was taking lithium orotate, which may have helped. Plus my NSI dose was higher than most others here. But then, I think my brain was more damaged. Though weirdly, some people half my age were reporting exactly the same effects.

But saying now what it isn't might be helpful, especially considering all the interest in a second group buy.

If brain damage can be healed this way safely, and this drug becomes available to patients, its a whole new world for a hell of a lot of people.

Thanks for the great follow up MizTen!

Now that you have tried NSI, I am hoping you could spend a few minutes to answer some questions.

Do you think the primary purpose of 189 is to relieve depression for users?

Do you think it Is it possible this may cause side effects to users a month/year from now?

Did you see any improvement in remembering things to do at work/home? Were you able to read about a subject and make better connections in how things work together?(Khan academy, wikipedia, etc..).

What was your motivation in learning a new subject, trying new things, being more social? Did you take advantage of this and tried something new, if so what was it?

Did you notice any improvement in verbal fluency? Were you able to express your thoughts in an organized manner and explain a subject to someone who knew nothing about it?

Did you notice any improvement in writing?

Did any of your friends or family notice anything different about you? Was their reaction positive or negative?

What was your consumption of caffeine before and after NSI? Did you feel your energy levels were higher or lower?

How clean is your house now?

#1307 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

I noted one possible side-effect. I get slightly blurred vision from time to time which is unusual for me.

#1308 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

I noted one possible side-effect. I get slightly blurred vision from time to time which is unusual for me.

Get your blood pressure checked.

#1309 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Get your blood pressure checked.

I check my blood pressure on a semi-regular basis and it's not elevated.

#1310 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

My sample of NSI-189 is now finished. Tomorow I will summarize the effects of this past month, which includes some big improvements in brain training and then update about a month from now. Hopefully these changes are permanent. Life is so much easier now due to the effects of NSI-189.

If you could report back periodically how you are doing I'd be very interested to read it... given that NSI helped you recover from a very impairing condition your experience of how you fare over the coming period of abstinence will be informative as to the permanence or otherwise of the effects of NSI. I'm very glad that you have experienced the remittance of your ailments - it's great to know that we all facilitate such things as a community with our sharing of knowledge and experience (and group-buy willingness!). Hopefully many more will benefit from our research in the future, as the LongeCity community grows everyday!
  • like x 2

#1311 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for the great follow up MizTen!

Now that you have tried NSI, I am hoping you could spend a few minutes to answer some questions.

Do you think the primary purpose of 189 is to relieve depression for users?

Do you think it Is it possible this may cause side effects to users a month/year from now?

Did you see any improvement in remembering things to do at work/home? Were you able to read about a subject and make better connections in how things work together?(Khan academy, wikipedia, etc..).

What was your motivation in learning a new subject, trying new things, being more social? Did you take advantage of this and tried something new, if so what was it?

Did you notice any improvement in verbal fluency? Were you able to express your thoughts in an organized manner and explain a subject to someone who knew nothing about it?

Did you notice any improvement in writing?

Did any of your friends or family notice anything different about you? Was their reaction positive or negative?

What was your consumption of caffeine before and after NSI? Did you feel your energy levels were higher or lower?

How clean is your house now?

Brainfrost,

I'm assuming your questions were well intended so I'll try to answer. Though the last question gave me pause: "How clean is your house now?" Say what?!?!
  • I'm not really sure what the primary purpose of using NSI-189 was for other users on this thread, although it appears varied. I doubt it was primarily for depression though, based on response posted here.
  • Yes I do think it's possible that this could cause side effects months or years later. I don't think it likely though.
  • Yes there is an improvement in my abilty to remember tasks, both personal and professional. Yes, I have been able to read with greater focus and comprehension and connect recently learned information to other previously learned information.
  • I can't quite interpret your question, so I'm winging this answer: my primary motivation was to have more mental clarity and become competent and skilled more quickly in my current interests, as well as master new skills that I need for my work. I inadvertently took advantage of my newly improved brain by dealing with some very unexpected challenges with a lot more finesse and ease than normal for me in the past. I have now begun reading (for the 3rd time), physicist William Tiller's book, Science and Human Transformation. Maybe this time I'll understand more than the 10-20% that I did the last two reads.
  • I did not notice much improvement in verbal fluency, not bragging here, but that is already pretty high.Yes, I was able to express myself in an organized manner and explain things to people who knew nothing about a subject. But that happens to be my job anyway. I did notice that I was able to make things clearer and easier to understand for those people I work with who have social and communication deficits.
  • I did not notice any improvement in writing initially, but I am noticing an improvement in my logical thinking, which helps writing quite a bit.
  • Due to their personalities, my family doesn't usually comment much. My friends expect me to change and evolve so usually don't comment unless I am clearly devolving. :laugh: I also didn't have much time to spend with them last month.
  • Caffein consumption was slightly less than before NSI-189. My energy fluctuated a lot, I needed more "down time," not exactly rest but quiet and solitude. This could be for a lot of reasons, but I now suspect this was needed for brain changes (maybe consolidation). But I also had strong, smooth flows of energy frequently.
  • My house is much dirtier now. This is because the maid resigned in confusion and fear when he noticed how much larger my head had grown. ;)

• like x 4

#1312 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

My sample of NSI-189 is now finished. Tomorow I will summarize the effects of this past month, which includes some big improvements in brain training and then update about a month from now. Hopefully these changes are permanent. Life is so much easier now due to the effects of NSI-189.

If you could report back periodically how you are doing I'd be very interested to read it... given that NSI helped you recover from a very impairing condition your experience of how you fare over the coming period of abstinence will be informative as to the permanence or otherwise of the effects of NSI. I'm very glad that you have experienced the remittance of your ailments - it's great to know that we all facilitate such things as a community with our sharing of knowledge and experience (and group-buy willingness!). Hopefully many more will benefit from our research in the future, as the LongeCity community grows everyday!

Yes, post-trial reports are really important with this one, for safety as well as long-term efficacy.

I am about 6 days post-trial. I also missed 2-3 days of doses near the end due to travel.

Positives:
  • I am experiencing strong surges of motivation and drive, which I am acting upon with consistency and success. This is much increased over both my pre-trial baseline and during the trial.
  • I am noticing small upticks in a lot of different areas, most not as great of increases as during the trial, but more than would normally occur from my pre-trial intentions and efforts.
  • I have more energy now than during the trial. I think if the hippocampus really was growing, it was using a huge amount of energy to do so.
  • My energy is smoother and more balanced than it was before the trial.
  • I seem to have somewhat better balance and coordination, perhaps improved reflexes.
  • I am no longer ravenously hungry the way I was during the trial.
  • My sense of vitality and well-being is still higher than what it was pre-trial.
  • I am sleeping incredibly well, unusual for me.
  • The mental clarity and emotional balance that NSI-189 brought to complex and stressful situations is thus far retained to a great extent.
  • Still no symptoms of PTSD.
Negatives or neutrals:
  • Occasional very mild headaches (barely)
  • Some days still feel occasional mild pressure or "whooshing" sensation in head, near the lower back of crown
  • Some small increase in distracting negative mind chatter
  • Small decrease in libido, though still much higher than pre-trial
  • Still needing to eat more than I normally do
  • Still not remembering my dreams much
But right now, the biggest post-trial change is the large increase in drive and motivation, along with actual follow-through. Also my follow-through tends to be effective and relatively easy, rather than scattered and effortful.

Edited by MizTen, 09 September 2013 - 01:33 AM.

• like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1313 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thank you for answering MizTen, my questions were indeed well intended! I hope you didn't think there was any malice behind them. As for the last question, it was tongue in cheek, I probably should have placed a smiley face lol. :)
  • like x 1

#1314 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

People have reported that their mood is better ie less depressed. Just wondering if in improving mood it is just leveling mood. Do you still get times when you are elated? Do you think you still get times of intense happiness? Or are you just content and calm all the time?

#1315 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

I guess for me, it would be that my mood is appropriate and balanced in terms of whatever is going on. It is, in a way, an emotional regulator, though I think it is doing a whole lot more than that. There are times when I feel elated, very happy, of full of hope as a result of an activity or event, such as exercise, hanging out with people I enjoy, great news, or doing things I really like. The skies lately have been awesome and sometimes overcome me a bit with their beauty. My old dog, frail in every way and just a few steps from his end, totally thrilled me with his energy and playfulness during what should have been a very difficult time for him. These good, strong happy feelings can last quite a while and are stronger and more frequent than before. I don't have to focus to notice and make them happen, they just happen when there's an appropriate trigger.

But the drug, in and of itself, does not cause euphoria. If something great happens, or some insight occurs, a significant amount of happiness follows naturally. If something not so great happens, emotions like sadness, fear, worry, anger may occur, but they don't stick around and I don't necessarily feel compelled to do anything about them. They just go away after a while without residual emotional hangover.

At the same time, during a potentially dangerous situation, I was both internally and physically very poised and thus was able to get through the whole thing while keeping things safe, eyes both on the threat and on my exit route, one hand on the speed dial for emergency services. When it was all over, I had no intense aftermath of overwhelm, despair, anger, flashbacks, etc., as would be normal for me in the past under similar circumstances. I was still a little shaken afterwards, but handled the aftermath and debriefing pretty well for everyone, and all my discomfort was gone within two hours of the incident, and did not return when I thought about it later.

I would call NSI-189 the mindfullness drug, but it doesn't by any means make me so chill that life doesn't still have it's sweet surprises.
  • like x 2

#1316 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Whoa, Neuralstem is going up up up!! :)

#1317 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Whoa, Neuralstem is going up up up!! :)

Maybe I should have invested instead of paying off my debt...

There will be a live webcast from the 15th annual rodman & renshaw healthcare conference tomorrow .

http://investor.neur...8&p=irol-IRHome

Be sure to tune in.

#1318 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I am glad to have invested in them a good amount when the price was $1.76.

#1319 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

I also would like to add that my experiences with this chemical has been very similar to MizTen's experiences.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1320 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I invested at 1.11, and at 1.50 :) I'm a pretty happy camper right now.

Also, I just want to give a shout out to MizTen here and thank you for all the information and experience reports you've given us here. I think your reports have far and away been the most helpful of any NSI reports, and really help to frame your experience all around with the drug.

I just received my NSI about a week ago (hadn't paid shipping costs until later, took ScienceGuy a little while to send mine out) and I'm about ready to start it up. Finishing up a round of Cerebrolysin right now. I have 10 1mL cerebrolysin ampules left, and my plan with NSI right now is this: Take NSI for 10 days by itself, outright, and on the 11th day co-administrate 1mL of cerebrolysin/day with the NSI to encourage greater growth, largely through the amino acids provided by the Cerebrolysin. We'll see how it goes, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Also I'd like to ask--

ScienceGuy, do you have any more experiences to report on your NSI dosing? I'm curious to see if you have final results you have any interest in reporting!

Edited by Rior, 09 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users