* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1621 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Should have slight burnt like taste to it.

Edited by Werper, 16 December 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#1622 Perek

• 61 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for letting me know.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1623 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hey guys,

I got brain damage when I was 16 from long term use of abusing the inhalant hair spray. My vision is very impaired like being very drunk, my short and long term memory is very poor, thought barely enter my mind and I can't think (Brain fog), I have depression, anxiety, and mood swings which are torture to live with every day. Anti depressants never helped me. I haven't touched the inhalant in 13 years but the damage has remained and continues to worsen for some reason. If I drink alcohol or smell strong fumes like paint I get further brain damage. I can't live like this anymore and I desperately need something that can reverse the brain damage and bring me back to myself. I tried driving lessons a few years ago but couldn't drive safely. I want to go on with my life. I've looked into Cerebrolysin, HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber but haven't tried it yet. I just found out about NSI-189.

Thanks

Noopept helped me clear my brain fog away permanantely (well for about a year or so, until I needed to take it again), well worth a shot.

#1624 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hey guys,

I got brain damage when I was 16 from long term use of abusing the inhalant hair spray. My vision is very impaired like being very drunk, my short and long term memory is very poor, thought barely enter my mind and I can't think (Brain fog), I have depression, anxiety, and mood swings which are torture to live with every day. Anti depressants never helped me. I haven't touched the inhalant in 13 years but the damage has remained and continues to worsen for some reason. If I drink alcohol or smell strong fumes like paint I get further brain damage. I can't live like this anymore and I desperately need something that can reverse the brain damage and bring me back to myself. I tried driving lessons a few years ago but couldn't drive safely. I want to go on with my life. I've looked into Cerebrolysin, HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber but haven't tried it yet. I just found out about NSI-189.

Thanks

Noopept helped me clear my brain fog away permanantely (well for about a year or so, until I needed to take it again), well worth a shot.

How frequent was your noopept use? The one thing that got me was the dramatic reduction in sexual desire...that wasn't so good.

#1625 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hey everyone,
This is not strictly related to NSI or the previous posts but I thought it was relevant so I will put a link to this article here:

http://www.salon.com...ession_partner/

This article basically says that SSRIs are not all that effective in treating depression.

“There’s really no evidence that depression is a serotonin-deficiency syndrome,” says Alan Gelenberg, a depression and psychiatric researcher at The Pennsylvania State University. “It’s like saying that a headache is an aspirin-deficiency syndrome.”

Instead they argue that SSRIs indirectly encourage neurogensis which is a more fundamental way of treating depression. Antidepressants also encourage neurogenesis.

Anyway, it is nice to see some confirmation for some of the effects other members have seen with NSI-189.
  • like x 2

#1626 SLR2009

• 30 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hey guys,

I greatly appreciate all the help and support. Is Noopept safe to use and are there any side effects? Would it be safe to take Noopept with the Antidepressants that I am currently taking? Would you recommend I start with Noopept or Cerebrolysin? I plan on perhaps going for the HBOT after I use Cerebrolysin. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

#1627 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks

How frequent was your noopept use? The one thing that got me was the dramatic reduction in sexual desire...that wasn't so good.

Hi,

I used to be a real talent/smart guy, or at least I thought so, until I had a case of severe what I believe to be heavy metal poisoning after ingesting some questionable liquid, which gave me stroke symptoms, including droopy lips etc and of course the brain fog, left me
in hospital for about a week, and symptoms persisted for months/years after, relapsing more frequently in the beginning and gradually less and less.

I had consistent brain fog until about late last year, when I started taking Noopept at 30mg twice a day, I was on it for a few weeks with breaks every few days. In the beginning Noopept was a miracle drug, it gave my brain the speed
and concentration it never had before, and also corrected my sleep patterns, this lasted about 3 days before the effects tapered off, however once I ceased taking Noopept my brain fog wasn't as bad as before, and most of the time
its completely gone, where before I only had bouts of clarity. About a few months ago I had another relapse and the dreaded cognitive symptoms started rearing its ugly head again, I took noopept once again for a few days at 50mg per night and now its gone again.

I also take Noopept if I can with Phosphytidylserine 1 to 3 capsules 100mg, Jarrow's Carnitall (3 capsules), Lions Mane Capsules 900mg, taken together these give me a remarkable improvement, of course i'm probably
never going to regain the cognitive prowess I once possessed, but there is hope at the end of the tunnel for me. :)

Whilst I don't take Noopept for the long term, due to believe tolerance and the lack of necessity, I do take Phosphatidlyserine consistently as tolerance doesn't seem to develop and it gives a small gentle boost to recall.

SLR, you are not that far gone if you can type and articulate the way you do on a forum - somebody with severe cognitive dysfunction will be unable to even string together coherent english, you may be in need of help, but you are not for sure beyond help
as others here would suggest.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Major Legend, 18 December 2013 - 08:20 AM.

• like x 1

#1628 bbminded

• 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

I dont have the source(was a video on youtube as well), but a US doctor was treating neurological disorders both in children and adults with admin.IV glutathione followed by hyperbaric oxygen therapy. He himself, with no current neuro-disorder, also treated himself with the same protocol and noticed enhanced positive cognitive results.

#1629 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

[...] until I had a case of severe what I believe to be heavy metal poisoning after ingesting some questionable liquid, [...]

Are we talking moonshine or random cough syrup here or x? Just curious since the effects were THAT bad for you.

#1630 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

[...] until I had a case of severe what I believe to be heavy metal poisoning after ingesting some questionable liquid, [...]

Are we talking moonshine or random cough syrup here or x? Just curious since the effects were THAT bad for you.

I'm curious of this as well. I'm a little interested in taking Noopept again...I've got enough bulk powder for like, 2 years daily use. The sexual side-effects were bad while I was in a relationship, however not being in one any longer, I suppose I could give it a shot without likely having any major problems.

#1631 violetechos

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Nyles is an amazing seller, and a hell of a guy. His model of how he do things is how all how online sales should go. Tested products, quick communcation, knowledge of products. I for one recommend him HIGHLY. Can't say enough good things about him.
  • like x 1

#1632 violetechos

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Too late for you. You already destroyed most of your neurons due to initial stupidity. They won't be coming back. Alcohol and solvents are death drugs. The damage they cause is mostly irreversible. Don't even count on NSI-189 or anything else to help - they may produce small temporary gains but in the end the damage is largely already complete and aging will accelerate further losses at an even higher rate than a normal person's decay.

The truth is that you wanted to die. That's why you took that stuff. Stopping halfway will only ensure more suffering. The initial decision was made by your self when you had better functionality and is more correct than any decision you can make now due to the damage. Even if you try to make a different decision now most of the parts of you that mattered already suicided inside your skull. They are gone. The shadow that is left just needs the will to finish the job. You just didn't have the courage at the time to do the job right and finish it.

Your best option may be to painlessly liquidate yourself. It is likely the only cure and the best way to eliminate what will be worsening suffering that extends into a dim future.

I can tell you the correct methods. PM me if you are interested. I can see those who have gone too far and part of my job is to correctly relieve their suffering. I can rapidly tell the difference between minor damages and cases that need permanent relief. I believe you fit into the second category.

Even if you manage to regain some shadow of your former self the in-progress economic collapse will ensure a worsening future for you. A future of gradually worsening misery.

Suffering is the problem - not death. Death is total and absolute relief from the pain, the dysfunction and the nightmares - the ones during sleep and the worsening ones while awake. There are ways to exit that are just like going to sleep. Sleep itself is death of consciousness so you never live longer than a day anyway.

The only question is what use is waking up every day to a worsening world? If your quality of life is gone then there is no value. Carefully check.

You can decide for yourself when to go or you can keep up the cycle of endless decay in this dying world. It takes courage to decide and it takes planning to do it right so you feel no pain and can sleep in peace. We all have to go anyway but it is your most fundamental right to decide for yourself based on a careful analysis of the trends in your health and how the world is decaying. I think if you look carefully you will see that time is running very short for everyone.

If you want to stay on a sinking Titanic while the water rushes up around your feet that's your decision but I think it is wise to start preparing before it's too late. Before there isn't time or money to guarantee a painless exit. Don't let a lack of courage keep you from at least planning a clean exit.

What the fuck is wrong with you , Isochroma? "Too late for you. Kill yourself."

You have really changed for the worse. You are not reliable , give terrible,dangerous, advice, and send out negativity and despair. Give it up. That is one of the most sickening posts i've ever read by you. Stop abusing synthetic cannabbinoids , and stop giving advice (to yourself). You've given yourself a year to live, don't spread your sadness and sickness to everyone else. Please seek serious psychiatric help.

Don't listen to him. There is hope until you give up.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#1633 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

The lightheadedness i experienced seems to have been resolved by 600mg ACC daily.

#1634 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Is there an update on vlks group buy?

#1635 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Is there an update on vlks group buy?

The Participants thread's probably the best place to find out: www.longecity.org/forum/topic/65189-participants/unread/

and not since a while back; people have started sending him through their cash and the ETA is still late December/early Jan (seems like January's more likely given VLK's lack of updates).

#1636 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Also, are there NSI-189 experience-report threads anywhere that I'm not aware of? Can't find anything via the search box. Are any users keeping recording their experiences in a blog? I've read the various reports scattered throughout this thread but there are definitely quite a few people who participated in the group buy that haven't returned to document their trial. Really doesn't seem at all in the spirit of the forum, but what're you gonna do.

#1637 Perek

• 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

I would also appreciate a status update. As a matter of fact I've been wondering what the f-ck is going on for quite some time.
BTW, in a couple of days I will get both Nyles7 NSI and Scienguy's stuff and thus able to compare the two. Unscientifically...

#1638 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Excited to hear how you go with NSI-189, and to (hopefully) have the validity of Nyles's confirmed. Incidentally, how are you acquiring NSI from ScienceGuy's group buy?

Really wanting someone experienced and informed to chime in on what to take/do to maximise NSI-189's effectiveness, and what ought to be avoided, besides the obvious. I figure to be safe I'll just cut back to the "basics" - B complex, multi, fish oil, creatine, D3, zinc, magnesium. Folic acid is mentioned frequently throughout this thread so I'll keep that in too.

From a layman's perspective there are a few things that sound like they might be somewhat synergistic: any thoughts on phosphatidylserine, lion's mane, and tianeptine? I've been taking LM daily and tianeptine sporadically for the past couple of months. Given the extent of my cognitive impairment (HPPD) it's hard to know if they've done much at all, but I'd like to keep taking them, if only until I've depleted my supplies. Apart from being able to distinguish the individual effects of NSI-189, is there any definite reason to avoid them?

Thanks.

Edited by Waspcock, 23 December 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#1639 Perek

• 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

I picked it up via a forum member that didn't want it. Actually got it in the mail today and just tried what I guess is about 20 mg. Took it sublingual.
Numbing cocaine-like taste to it.

If I were you I wouldn't quit LM and Tianpetine now just before trying NSI.

I have no idea about what could be contraindicated with NSI but will look into its metabolism.

#1640 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Time to post some positive feedback on NSI-189 and my ideas about making the most of the drug and my upgraded brain. I stayed off the thread for a while due to the darkness (completely unrelated to NSI-189) that began to erupt.

I've done two 4-6 week trials since I started in August. Initial positive effects were fairly pronounced, starting around the 6th day and then leveled off at the end (about 4 weeks) of the the first trial. I waited about 2 weeks then started my second trial. The same positive initial effects again, though a little less pronounced. During both trials there were some major over-the-top type stressors due to my job. These I handled with a lot more finesse and calm than usual, with very little to none of the normal (for me) PTSD symptoms that usually occur in the aftermath. So that part was excellent, as I do (or did) have PTSD and I posted about that on this thread.

There was also a short period where I had some very odd sensations in an area of neurological damage from old injuries. I can't really speculate on what was happening there. But I doubt placebo, as I had forgotten about the injury and also was not expecting or hoping for any other benefits other than brain enhancement from NSI-189.

But what I didn't post about was something else positive and really phenomenal for me that occured during the second trial which was undoubtedly an effect of the NSI-189 and some other things that I was doing. I meditate daily and listen to binaural hypnosis recordings and do some mindfulness practices as well, mostly to keep the PTSD symptoms at bay, but also in the hopes of improving mood, cognition, performance, productivity, etc. This has been very beneficial in the past, though not a cure for PTSD, those practices were valuable.

What happened on my second round of NSI-189 was that I entered into an elevated and calm mental/emotional state that lasted for about 3 weeks. I stayed in a continous state of insight, present moment awareness, and general awe over just about everything that was occuring around me and within my perception. My functioning in daily life was much higher, i.e. getting things done, understanding and interacting with other people's difficult issues, and just enjoying life in a healthy way.

I am quite sure this experience wasn't some form of hypomania, as my trial of sunifiram several months ago acquainted me with the joys of hypomania. Also hypomania is not sustainable for 3 weeks all day long every day without some negative comedown, at least for me. There was no comedown, just a slow-down of the increased cognitive/emotional function. So essentially, for all practical purposes, the last 3 weeks that I took NSI-189 was a continous state of functional nirvana. This probably would not have occured without the meditation and mindfulness practices in place already. But I doubt that those practices alone could have caused the "functional nirvana" because I've done those things for years with only moderate positive effects. During this last period of taking NSI-189, there were about 3 major stressors which would normally paralyze me emotionally but this time really did nothing other than trigger compassion and understanding for the difficulties of the people and situations involved.

Right now I am seriously considering the possibility that NSI-189 could be the "mindful warrior" drug, when combined with a few other supports for brain health and optimization. There were some other supplements I was taking, though I usually take them anyway, perhaps they helped. DHA, phosphatidyl serine, occasional rhodiola and ginseng, gingko, idebenone, CoEnzyme Q-10, and a B-complex.

I played around with the NSI-189 dosage quite a bit, deciding on about 20 mg twice a day orally. I found, as others have noted, that it can have a somewhat unpleasant stimulant along with overly chilled effect, like more anxiety and introversion, at higher doses. Also, cycling seems very important with this drug, as it is beginning to seem to me with almost all of the other strong nootropics. Your brain needs time to consolidate and you need time to figure out how this will best work for you. Some time out from the chemical may really help in many ways.

Though I haven't taken Cerebrolysin, I can see from those reports that it might be very compatible with NSI-189, though probably not at the same time, but in some sort of cycled protocol, along with the usual brain health supplements that you've already found useful. Other brain health strategies, such as exercise, brain games, diet, meditation, adventures, socializing, are probably going to really amplify the positive results.

I've been taking a few other new noots since stopping the NSI-189 and they have been helpful, especially for memory, but I think that NSI-189 (when cycled) was the biggie for me when combined with my other practices.

Happy Yule! :-D
  • like x 6

#1641 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Time to post some positive feedback on NSI-189 and my ideas about making the most of the drug and my upgraded brain. I stayed off the thread for a while due to the darkness (completely unrelated to NSI-189) that began to erupt.

I've done two 4-6 week trials since I started in August. Initial positive effects were fairly pronounced, starting around the 6th day and then leveled off at the end (about 4 weeks) of the the first trial. I waited about 2 weeks then started my second trial. The same positive initial effects again, though a little less pronounced. During both trials there were some major over-the-top type stressors due to my job. These I handled with a lot more finesse and calm than usual, with very little to none of the normal (for me) PTSD symptoms that usually occur in the aftermath. So that part was excellent, as I do (or did) have PTSD and I posted about that on this thread.

There was also a short period where I had some very odd sensations in an area of neurological damage from old injuries. I can't really speculate on what was happening there. But I doubt placebo, as I had forgotten about the injury and also was not expecting or hoping for any other benefits other than brain enhancement from NSI-189.

But what I didn't post about was something else positive and really phenomenal for me that occured during the second trial which was undoubtedly an effect of the NSI-189 and some other things that I was doing. I meditate daily and listen to binaural hypnosis recordings and do some mindfulness practices as well, mostly to keep the PTSD symptoms at bay, but also in the hopes of improving mood, cognition, performance, productivity, etc. This has been very beneficial in the past, though not a cure for PTSD, those practices were valuable.

What happened on my second round of NSI-189 was that I entered into an elevated and calm mental/emotional state that lasted for about 3 weeks. I stayed in a continous state of insight, present moment awareness, and general awe over just about everything that was occuring around me and within my perception. My functioning in daily life was much higher, i.e. getting things done, understanding and interacting with other people's difficult issues, and just enjoying life in a healthy way.

I am quite sure this experience wasn't some form of hypomania, as my trial of sunifiram several months ago acquainted me with the joys of hypomania. Also hypomania is not sustainable for 3 weeks all day long every day without some negative comedown, at least for me. There was no comedown, just a slow-down of the increased cognitive/emotional function. So essentially, for all practical purposes, the last 3 weeks that I took NSI-189 was a continous state of functional nirvana. This probably would not have occured without the meditation and mindfulness practices in place already. But I doubt that those practices alone could have caused the "functional nirvana" because I've done those things for years with only moderate positive effects. During this last period of taking NSI-189, there were about 3 major stressors which would normally paralyze me emotionally but this time really did nothing other than trigger compassion and understanding for the difficulties of the people and situations involved.

Right now I am seriously considering the possibility that NSI-189 could be the "mindful warrior" drug, when combined with a few other supports for brain health and optimization. There were some other supplements I was taking, though I usually take them anyway, perhaps they helped. DHA, phosphatidyl serine, occasional rhodiola and ginseng, gingko, idebenone, CoEnzyme Q-10, and a B-complex.

I played around with the NSI-189 dosage quite a bit, deciding on about 20 mg twice a day orally. I found, as others have noted, that it can have a somewhat unpleasant stimulant along with overly chilled effect, like more anxiety and introversion, at higher doses. Also, cycling seems very important with this drug, as it is beginning to seem to me with almost all of the other strong nootropics. Your brain needs time to consolidate and you need time to figure out how this will best work for you. Some time out from the chemical may really help in many ways.

Though I haven't taken Cerebrolysin, I can see from those reports that it might be very compatible with NSI-189, though probably not at the same time, but in some sort of cycled protocol, along with the usual brain health supplements that you've already found useful. Other brain health strategies, such as exercise, brain games, diet, meditation, adventures, socializing, are probably going to really amplify the positive results.

I've been taking a few other new noots since stopping the NSI-189 and they have been helpful, especially for memory, but I think that NSI-189 (when cycled) was the biggie for me when combined with my other practices.

Happy Yule! :-D

Did You try to quantify this functional nirvana by doing some working memory tests in Cambridge Brain Sciences or in Dual N Back task programs? :)

#1642 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

No. Largely because Cambridge Brain Sciences and Dual N Back are probably not good tests of functional nirvana. ;)

I did have significant memory improvements, though I don't think that was so much because of NSI-189, as the biggest memory increases came after the NSI-189 was over. Although if you fix one part of your brain, it's pretty likely that other areas have a better chance of improvement. It is also true that NSI-189 hit on a lot of different brain functions.

Memory improvements probably came more from IRDA-21 and PRL-8-53 that followed NSI-189. I use a brain training game and there were quite big increases in a number of areas. Right now I am working on memorizing several sets of numbers that would be really handy to have in my head, rather than in digital or paper format. This isn't a memorization challenge I would even have thought of attempting before and it's going extremely well.
  • like x 1

#1643 nightwolfz

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

I'll be received Nyles7 powder in a week or so. I'll let you guys know how it went.

By the way, are there any good memory tests I can do to find out my baseline?

#1644 Drifter

• 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm interested in trying this but there don't seem to be any UK sellers. Has anyone tried ordering from Nyles-7 to the UK. I'm concerned about a packet of white powder getting stopped in customs.
  • like x 1

#1645 CortisolJunkie

• 27 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

wanted to post my partial experience and some questions. i decided to go for it and order nyles7's NSI - expensive, but still cheaper than the group buy if it didn't work out for me, and it got here fast.

as my sn indicates, ive had a chronic issue with cortisol. i know it may sound kind of BS when I say thisbut i've gotten to the point where i can FEEL cortisol spikes. i kmow this because i have this certain tension, this "Stress pain" feeling in my body, which sometimes i can feel the opposite of if i take certain supplements (ashwaganda, PS). not consistently though, and i never realy found a supplement that lowered my cortisol until tianeptine.

anyway, i think i saw a post earlier in the form where someone was spectulating that this substance stimulates cortisol. from my experience: this is most likely the case! I am getting the same "Stress pains" that ive gotten in the past.

so I took this substance for 5 days, 20mg spread out in 10mg doses the first day (measured on the red scoop), and then every other day 40mg spread out in 2 20mg doses. at first I didn't feel like i was experiencing anything but after a few days it was clear i was more stressed out than usual - overreacting to my buddy canceling on me, etc.

it wasn't so bad as to mess me up during the day - i met some new people, was able to function ok at work. but the last few days i've been getting this terrible anxiety at night. more like a physical anxiety - like hyperaware of my heart beat, breathing, etc. to the point where i just couldnt sleep. after 2 days of very little sleep i finally broke down and dug out my old benzo stash, took a klonapin and was able to sleep. if the cortisol theory holds, things like ashwaganda etc. should help (think someone here actually suggested this)- the next night i took a cortisol supp, and still couldn't get to sleep, had to take the benzo again.

i don't do the christmas thing, woke up this morning feeling better than i should, was hopingn that the nsi was finally working..but my mood crashed later in the day. i didn't take any nsi today since i need my sleep. i may take a smaller dose tomorrow and just finish off the batch if i can tolerate it but from what i understand some people get the stress/anxiety on any dose. i could maybe live with that if i got the mood boost but i haven't seen anything yet. people i've spoken to seem to think i should continue on with it.

this thread is getting really long so can anyone answer these questions?
1. how long before people start seeing results on average? is 5 days too early to give up?
2. have the people who experienced anxiety find it dose related or not? seems to be not but thought i would ask.
3. what are people's experiences taking nsi at different times of day? or before bedttime even? i'm hoping i can cut down on the nighttime anxiety by taking it only very early in the morning.

knew this might not be a miracle, but bummed that so far the side effects have been so harsh with no gain.

#1646 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

1. how long before people start seeing results on average? is 5 days too early to give up?
2. have the people who experienced anxiety find it dose related or not? seems to be not but thought i would ask.
3. what are people's experiences taking nsi at different times of day? or before bedttime even? i'm hoping i can cut down on the nighttime anxiety by taking it only very early in the morning.

knew this might not be a miracle, but bummed that so far the side effects have been so harsh with no gain.

The side effects for me were definitely dose related. It appears that you are relying solely on the scope for measuring your doses. You should be using a milligram (0.001g) scale to measure out your dose. I would recommend you buy a milligram scale before trying again.

#1647 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

The side effects for me were definitely dose related. It appears that you are relying solely on the scope for measuring your doses. You should be using a milligram (0.001g) scale to measure out your dose. I would recommend you buy a milligram scale before trying again.

This absolutely, it's ridiculous that scoops are available for such miniscule quantities because density and granularity of substances vary too much for them to be at all reliable. The first time I was measuring out tianeptine, I was using what was labelled as a 12-15mg scoop for 1.25g of powder, figuring I'd come out with around 100 doses. I had way too much left over - I had to add an additional two scoops to each capsule to empty the tub, so each scoop was actually under 5mg. I went on eBay and bought some scales straight away. Scales are a necessary investment when you're working with bulk quantities of things that need to be dosed at <100mg.

If you're looking for some, there's pretty wide consensus around the web that the Gemini-20s are the best bang for your buck under $100 - you can grab them for $50 and under on eBay.
  • like x 1

#1648 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

I don't understand the cortisol hypothesis here. AFAIK, cortisol and other corticosteroids usually cause neuronal atrophy, not genesis.
Plus there's the (rather inspiring) case of complete remission of PTSD, which I doubt heightened cortisol would contribute to.
That, and IIRC some members have had bloodwork etc. done and have shown no elevation of cortisol, though that still doesn't exclude the possibility of NSI agonizing corticosteroid receptors. Still, it seems a rather slim chance that this is NSI's MoA. Please do correct me if I'm wrong; I'm just speculating after all.

edit: I use this scale, though it has different printing, it looks exactly the same. $13 on eBay.

Edited by formergenius, 26 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#1649 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Also, I was wondering about the 20% growth in hippocampus size, when I read about Coluracetam once more:

Going simply by the names BCI-540 and BCI-632, the compounds can stimulate 20 percent more brain cells brain to grow than normal. Much of the new growth would be replacing cells that our brain is losing all the time.

(dodgy) source

How does 20% more neurogenesis compare to 20% growth in hippocampus? Would NSI be significantly more potent in this respect?
Coluracetam appears to me to be one of the most potent Nootropics available currently, however it's still lacking in my experience. I'm hoping NSI can offer more than that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1650 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Also, I was wondering about the 20% growth in hippocampus size, when I read about Coluracetam once more:

Going simply by the names BCI-540 and BCI-632, the compounds can stimulate 20 percent more brain cells brain to grow than normal. Much of the new growth would be replacing cells that our brain is losing all the time.

(dodgy) source

How does 20% more neurogenesis compare to 20% growth in hippocampus? Would NSI be significantly more potent in this respect?
Coluracetam appears to me to be one of the most potent Nootropics available currently, however it's still lacking in my experience. I'm hoping NSI can offer more than that.

Going by (by) logic, 20% increase in volume should mean way more than 20% more growth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users