#2251 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Two australian eBay sellers seem to offer NSI-189:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a92b9e6ba

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a92b0cfd4

Sadly the prices are insane.

That's awesome! hahaha. Don't worry, its going to be everywhere soon. The prices will eventually go down to $30 a gram, just like other high end nootropics.

Nope, it'll be taken down assuming they don't want to get sued (and I'm fairly sure ebay wont allow RCs to be sold much more if things like this continues).

Exactly.  Neuralstem has shown they will be policing and shutting down any public NSI sales they can.  eBay already prohibited Nyles from selling it a long time ago.

It will always be available through some channel or another, but it will never be "everywhere"

#2252 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Well, mostly a very good day today.
It was more consistent than previous days. The thing is that the tianeptine wasn't very effective, but it seemed to really, really help the transition from paxil.
I had been using noopept and coluracetam after work because the depression was just too much, even with the tianeptine. But I truly believe, something is different about this. Another 2-3 days, no more tianeptine, just the NSI.

I have a lot of hopes pinned on this; so take placebo effect as plausible. But it just doesn't feel like that.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2253 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Once the trials flop, just like 99% of the drugs in clinical trial, they will stop "policing". 

#2254 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

Once the trials flop, just like 99% of the drugs in clinical trial, they will stop "policing". 

Stage of Development               Probability of Approval

• Phase 1                                                       9%
  • Phase 2                                                     15%
  • Phase 3                                                    44%
  • Submission                                            80%       
  • NSI-189 passed phase one with no problems so the odds are more like 15%. It is a little better then that since 55% of Neurology drugs in phase 3 are approved. The probability's of approval are for NSI-189 are even higher since it just needs to be as good or better then whats out there now and for anti-depressants the bar is very low.   The chart above is for all drugs.

Edited by velopismo, 04 July 2014 - 03:46 AM.

• like x 6
  • WellResearched x 4
  • Informative x 1
  • Well Written x 1

#2255 idontknow

• 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

If a drug introduces major benefits, e.g. neurogenesis, or a new method to target depression, chances for its approval are much higher than if its just the next SSRI.

Just take a look at Mannkind with their inhalable insulin. Even though the FDA-committee was skeptic about a lot of its risks, it got approved. Can you imagine how much more comfortable it is to inhale instead of injecting your insulin day in day out? Can you imagine how much more highly they'd value an antidepressant that actually does work after discontinuation, which don't have to take for years on end?

So if NSI shows the same properties it has already shown in Phase 1 on a larger sample size I'd wager its odd are pretty good. Why isn't there a 76-page thread on the next SSRI on longecity? It's about potential.

Then again why didn't Neuralstem mention MRIs and hippocampal volume? Either NSI doesn't increase hippocampal volume in humans, or they do not want to share such a finding just yet, or the neurogenesis could only be shown in another way?

If NSI does not work via neurogenesis, how else does it work? (Assuming this thread and the Phase 1 results are convincing)

Does it share some properties with cocaine or ketamine? People have reported increased self-confidence, libido, aggression, and from what friends tell me, those same effects can last for months, after having cocaine.

In my personal experience NSI definitely has some light stimulant properties, which may explain the quick onset of its effects, though I do also believe it helps cognition. Some days I literally wake up and feel a tad smarter. Maybe placebo, maybe increased self-confidence, maybe neurogenesis.

Edited by idontknow, 04 July 2014 - 09:56 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#2256 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

my NSI arrived in Aus.

So most people are dosing 40mg orally?

#2257 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

i'm dosing 25-30mg BID, sublingually. i'm operating under two assumptions(and/or hopes):

a) that since graphed results of improvement of symptoms were greater in the 40mg BID cohort, that this will have better effect if dosed either more than once a day, or more than 40mg/day. accordingly, i'm taking it twice a day.

b) that since sublingual administration often leads to less drug destroyed by first-pass hepatic metabolism and thus more drug reaching the target tissues, that theoretically less should be required to have the same effect, compared to oral administration, i am therefore taking mine sublingually.

if nsi-189 is more effective sub vs oral, this gives me the same efficacy as the 80mg cohort showed, but i can take less drug per day, conserving my supply.

#2258 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

So I've just resumed taking NSI-189. I've been dissolving it under my tongue with my uridine monophosphate and sublingual B12 but am now wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't be taking them all simultaneously. Does anyone have any insights at all?

Edited by Puppeteer, 04 July 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#2259 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

First dose 20mg orally. Not sure if there was an interaction with Mrhappy stack, but after 30 mins of taking it, felt nauseous for about a minute or two, then i felt the top of my head sensation everyone was talking about. no benefits felt as yet.

Hopefully the nausea was a once off.

#2260 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

does anybody know if there is a difference of the effect between the free base version and the phosphate version?

#2261 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

From what I read, the base might be a bit more potent, but potentially less bioavailable and with a shorter shelf life.

Trials were conducted with the phosphate form (correct me if I'm wrong please).

I've had an uneventful couple of days (that's good), about the same as my last post. I do believe I have finally manifested that "pressure" feeling in the head others have mentioned. Not painful or bothersome really, just "there".

I suppose that if this does remodel the brain somewhat, there are at least some side effects to be expected. Not much, though.

Two months from now, I am hoping depression, Chronic and sometimes acute depression with anxiety is a thing of the past, along with the litany of SSRI's I've tried and used. But we'll see...

Edited by SearchingForAnswers, 06 July 2014 - 03:33 AM.

• like x 1

#2262 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Anyone know the half life? I've tried oral & sublingual and i think its making me more depressed. I don't think ill continue using it

#2263 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Anyone know the half life? I've tried oral & sublingual and i think its making me more depressed. I don't think ill continue using it

may I know how long you are using it? some people here described that they felt the effects after more than a month

http://bionapcfa.blo...ed-to-know.html

#2264 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

couple days. but i hadn't heard of people becoming more depressed

#2265 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

some described more anxiety in the beginning and some said that it messed up their sleep. according to the study statiscal significance was reached after 28days. how much are you taking?

Edited by mamborambo, 06 July 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#2266 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

20mg oral to start with, then 30mg sublingual today

#2267 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

doesnt sound like an overdose. I would try to stick with it for at least 28 days...some say they are glad that they stuck with it.l...but you must make that decision yourself. 

#2268 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Does NSI help with anhedonia, facebook addiction,mental redundance, irritability and lack of profound emotion (that come with a nostalgy of childness when I was really emotive) and no libido. I feel a bit skyzophrenic but I'm not sure how... to be sure about that...

Edited by Babychris, 06 July 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#2269 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

Does NSI help with anhedonia, facebook addiction,mental redundance, irritability and lack of profound emotion (that come with a nostalgy of childness when I was really emotive) and no libido. I feel a bit skyzophrenic but I'm not sure how... to be sure about that...

Cant contribute much, but maybe it could help.

Someone cited here in this thread, a researcher from neural stem arround 2 weeks ago. Who stated that NSI does have a triple action on the Brain. So it increases the cell communication, neurogenesis and ,afaik, changes something on the synapses.

Correct me if I´m wrong with this, because I´m writing this just out my memory. 

Maybe You´ve heard this several times, but Cerebrolysin could be worth a try as well.

Edited by Flex, 07 July 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#2270 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Facebook addiction could be cured by deleting your facebook account... Though they don't make it easy.

But you might want to get a diagnosis by a qualified professional, to be serious. That's where I'd start.
  • Cheerful x 1

#2271 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Update..

Was feeling really down yesterday so i took 30MG of Tianeptine and felt 100% better.

Next day, i havent taken anything and i still feel great.

Perhaps Tianeptine and NSI synergise?

So i'm going to continue NSI in conjunction with Tianeptine, and my Uridine stack.

#2272 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I had the same reaction, to both freebase and phosphate versions. Once you start reading the thread and messaging people, you realise that it doesn't work for everyone, and in some cases exacerbates symptoms. I haven't given up on it completely, because I want to believe. There's a guy here who gets benefits from dosing 5 mg few times per week. Maybe I'll try that. 

Can I warn people generally that this is (yet) not some miracle drug. During my teenage years and young adulthood I had total remissions from acute episodes of mental illness with nothing but Zoloft (and sometimes a tiny dose of Valium, before the Zoloft kicked in). Unfortunately, at some stage it stopped working for me. Now compared to Zoloft, NSI-189 is XXII century, yet Zoloft worked a number of times, quickly, efficiently, absolutely naturally, without any side effects whatsoever. 

I know that some people in this thread had very positive and in some cases amazing responses to this drug, but if you do a search of different forums, you'll find similar stories of life-changing transformations in response to far more conventional and established drugs, whether it be Cymbalta, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin, etc. I think the hype generated by this drug on these boards is due to the fact that it appears to be the ultimate drug both for people suffering from mental illness and for those trying to expand their cognitive abilities.

Don't place as much hope in this drug as I did or you might get burned. I had so much faith in this drug that I upgraded my share trading account to be able to trade in foreign shares, to be able to buy CUR stock. That was before I even tried the drug. 

Edited by tolerant, 07 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#2273 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Tolerant,

I'd have to agree. But I think people's short term reactions would mostly be side effects, wouldn't you think, given the amount of time neurogenesis takes to produce an effect?

It certainly seems to me that it's what happens in a couple of months after a 28 day course that really counts.

• Agree x 1

#2274 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

I had the same reaction, to both freebase and phosphate versions. Once you start reading the thread and messaging people, you realise that it doesn't work for everyone, and in some cases exacerbates symptoms. I haven't given up on it completely, because I want to believe. There's a guy here who gets benefits from dosing 5 mg few times per week. Maybe I'll try that. 

Can I warn people generally that this is (yet) not some miracle drug. During my teenage years and young adulthood I had total remissions from acute episodes of mental illness with nothing but Zoloft (and sometimes a tiny dose of Valium, before the Zoloft kicked in). Unfortunately, at some stage it stopped working for me. Now compared to Zoloft, NSI-189 is XXII century, yet Zoloft worked a number of times, quickly, efficiently, absolutely naturally, without any side effects whatsoever. 

I know that some people in this thread had very positive and in some cases amazing responses to this drug, but if you do a search of different forums, you'll find similar stories of life-changing transformations in response to far more conventional and established drugs, whether it be Cymbalta, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin, etc. I think the hype generated by this drug on these boards is due to the fact that it appears to be the ultimate drug both for people suffering from mental illness and for those trying to expand their cognitive abilities.

Don't place as much hope in this drug as I did or you might get burned. I had so much faith in this drug that I upgraded my share trading account to be able to trade in foreign shares, to be able to buy CUR stock. That was before I even tried the drug. 

how long did you take NSI-189?

#2275 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Tolerant,

I'd have to agree. But I think people's short term reactions would mostly be side effects, wouldn't you think, given the amount of time neurogenesis takes to produce an effect?

It certainly seems to me that it's what happens in a couple of months after a 28 day course that really counts.

how long did you take NSI-189?

I only took NSI three-four times over a period of about a week. But I did try taking it in conjunction with coluracetam and tianeptine, both of which I was also taking for the first time. So I haven't quite worked out its reaction on me independent of any other new stuff.

To people who say you have to stick with the drug for four weeks, I say that in my particular case and at this particular stage, I don't have the benefit of a leeway to continue experimenting with a drug which is potentially making me feel worse.

Edited by tolerant, 07 July 2014 - 04:57 PM.

• Ill informed x 4

#2276 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

I've had a pretty good day today. Yesterday saw an increase in anxiety; however, I'm thinking it's because I stopped using tianeptine - and perhaps the 3 cups of coffee...

#2277 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

I strongly encourage everyone who has not done so already to view my thread regarding the discussion of NSI-189 vendors. In it, I suggest a secure way to discuss these vendors in an effort for people to confer about product quality concerns without fear of repercussion from Neuralstem.

http://www.longecity...si-189-sources/

It is a lengthy post and copy and pasting a quoted version of it here would heavily steer this current thread off topic. Please visit the actual link above. If you have any comments, concerns, or ideas about this concept, please be sure to make a post in the linked thread.

#2278 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

is it actually necessary to cycle this stuff or can you take it for three, four months straight? 

#2279 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

is it actually necessary to cycle this stuff or can you take it for three, four months straight? 

We don't know (obv), but I'd guess it's better to cycle it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2280 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

well since phase II trials will involve larger cohorts taking it for longer terms, i'd say if you feel you need to, to continue taking it. i thought i read upthread that one guy has consumed 18 grams of this over a years' time. one result doesn't define its profile but it's probably not overtly toxic, but before embarking on a long-term administration,

i would get a set of labs done just to make sure nothing has sprouted up from the first round.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users