* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#241 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

sunishinefrost, it sounds like you're well respected here, but independent lab testing is a good signal to buyers and incentive for a buy-in.

I agree with the wisdom of this, but if this were sunshinechem's offerings that was going to be independently lab tested, I'd fear it could be just a case of throwing good money after bad.

#242 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm still attending my first years of college and do not have a part time job, so this price is a small letdown. However, I have had major depression for the past 6 years (starting when I was 13 years old) and I'm curious as to the permanent effects this substance could have on me. Because of dosage changes to counteract tolerance, antidepressants will always be a roller-coaster ride for the rest of my life if nothing else works.

you do your analisys but from what i've seen on this forum, this looks promissing. it's cutting edge technology, not yet confirmed but soon. I would say it's worth it even for that price..... when did you ever hear about a product that enhances your hipocampus this drastically? But you should follow your instincts, don't trust me on anything, i'm no scientist.

sunishinefrost, it sounds like you're well respected here, but independent lab testing is a good signal to buyers and incentive for a buy-in.

okay what do you suggest ?

Edited by sunshinefrost, 17 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 NeurogenesisFactor

• 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

sunshinefrost, I'm looking for a good US lab that another recipient of the powder can test the batch through. You would forward the money to the lab and this tester would forward his/her batch of the compound you sent (a small amount).

We would select this person from a pool of volunteers so this person does not risk receiving the true compound while everyone else receives the false compound.

Sunshine => Funds Lab Selected By Third Party (One of us)
A randomly selected volunteer recipient => Forwards a small amount of his/her batch to the lab

The results are forwarded to this volunteer and another trusted forum member (witness) and then published here.

The only issue I see here is the loss of some of the compound the volunteer contributes and shipping, which might justify a $5 to $20 payment to the volunteer.

Edited by NeurogenesisFactor, 17 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#244 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

sunshinefrost, I'm looking for a good US lab that another recipient of the powder can test the batch through. You would forward the money to the lab and this tester would forward his/her batch of the compound you sent (a small amount).

We would select this person from a pool of volunteers so this person does not risk receiving the true compound while everyone else receives the false compound.

Sunshine => Funds Lab Selecte By Third Party (One of us)
A randomly selected volunteer recipient => Forwards a small amount of his/her batch to the lab

The results are forwarded to this volunteer and another trust forum member (witness) and published here.

The only issue I see here if the loss of compound the volunteer contributes and shipping, so a nominal payment of $5-20 for the compound lost and shipping incurring may be required on the part of the volunteer.

If ScienceGuys supplier is chosen than there is not point in getting a third party tests. Not to mention that the purity is greater or equal to 99.5%.

And the price per gram is $54.50 for ether 100g or 200g. $54.50 is the set price per gram.
  • like x 1

#245 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

The results are forwarded to this volunteer and another trust forum member (witness) and published here.

The only issue I see here if the loss of compound the volunteer contributes and shipping, so a nominal payment of $5-20 for the compound lost and shipping incurring may be required on the part of the volunteer.

Ok NeurogenesisFactor, this is a good idea but i will concentrate on getting the product here before organising testing. out of 40 participants i'm sure someone will get this tested before ingesting. Try and findout who is up for this and take the lead, set up something so that when we receive it it's tested fast.

#246 NeurogenesisFactor

• 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't follow your logic Q, the testing is not independent, and we're less concerned with purity than with authenticity here. Though both will be revealed with an assay.

#247 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

btw When you test chemicals by purity there is always the quantity listed on the certificate.

For expl:
http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2a246b10e6

(look under "batch weight")

So why not ship everything to this 3rd party lab get the certificate and split the shipping from there on?
No need for one guy voluntare his batch for testing purposes.

Edited by MetaMind, 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#248 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I don't follow your logic Q, the testing is not independent, and we're less concerned with purity than with authenticity here. Though both will be revealed with an assay.

ScienceGuys supplier is AUTHENTIC

#249 NeurogenesisFactor

• 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ok NeurogenesisFactor, this is a good idea but i will concentrate on getting the product here before organising testing. out of 40 participants i'm sure someone will get this tested before ingesting. Try and findout who is up for this and take the lead, set up something so that when we receive it it's tested fast.

I am currently looking at options, likely a California-based lab.

#250 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

The price is a letdown. I'm afraid of what happens when I stop taking NSI-189. Will my hippocampus start shrinking again? Unknowns.

#251 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

The price is a letdown. I'm afraid of what happens when I stop taking NSI-189. Will my hippocampus start shrinking again? Unknowns.

A let down ? I guess it depends how bad you want to taste that brain upgrade. If this product does what it says it does, IMO its miraculous. i still cant beleive we have this opportunity. I would have expected a product like this to be out in 2025... But it's right here
  • like x 1

#252 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

A let down ? I guess it depends how bad you want to taste that brain upgrade. If this product does what it says it does, IMO its miraculous. i still cant beleive we have this opportunity. I would have expected a product like this to be out in 2025... But it's right here

As much as it sounds great I would still give it time. I just don't know about the long term effects. It'd be nice to know how this compound increases hippocampal volume by 20%.

#253 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Will my hippocampus start shrinking again? Unknowns.

A fair question to ask.

How would one find a volunteer in the ongoing NSI-189 trial? I guess it would be a very difficult task.

#254 baronjpetor

• 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

What other beneficial effects can we expect, apart from the anti-depressive properties ?

#255 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

This reminds me of a book I read about a guy who undergoes an operation on the brain that increases his intelligence dramatically then after a while his IQ decreases drastically. Moving story.

#256 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

As much as it sounds great I would still give it time. I just don't know about the long term effects. It'd be nice to know how this compound increases hippocampal volume by 20%.

I understand redan. But It wont be completely undestood for a while... If this works there will be other group buys, you may wanna sit this one out and wait for our feedback. I view this as a window of opportunity for some. Even if we skim down to 10 participants i'll still give it my 110% to make it happen.

Edited by sunshinefrost, 17 April 2013 - 06:05 PM.

• like x 1

#257 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

What other beneficial effects can we expect, apart from the anti-depressive properties ?

Go read this article:
http://gizmodo.com/5...wing-your-brain

Dr. Karl Johe, Neuralstem's chief scientific officer, isn't ruling out the possibility of souped-up brains:

"It's an exciting possibility and we'll definitely be looking out for it."

#258 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

This reminds me of a book I read about a guy who undergoes an operation on the brain that increases his intelligence dramatically then after a while his IQ decreases drastically. Moving story.

Flowers for Algernon?
  • like x 1

#259 hadora

• Topic Starter
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

[0025] In one embodiment of the present invention, compounds are evaluated for their ability to promote neurogenesis by proliferation/differentiation of human hippocampal multipotential stem cells and neuronal progenitors and whether small molecule agents of the above chemical structures that have neurogenic activity in vitro and /or in vivo also have the ability to inhibit neuronal death. Modulation of neurogenesis pathways may overlap pathways critical to apoptotic and nectrotic neurodegeneration, therefore, neurogenic small molecule agents are tester for their ability too inhibit neurodeneneration.

[0026] The compounds of the present invention are shown to stimulate endogenous neural stem cells capable of differentiating into neurons in adult human brains to proliferate and to differentiate into functional neurons in vivo.The Additional neurons may enhance the cognitive ability of the subject and significantly extend the ability to perform cognitive tasks during extended perdiods of sleep deprivation.

[0028] The present invention includes neurogenic drugs which serve to prevent or treat neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric disorders by promoting the endogenous birth of new neurons within the nervous system by administering the compounds of the present invention to the patient alone or in combination with transplanted stem cells or progenitor cells.

[0030] In one embodiment of the present invention, an agent is administered to treat a neurodegenerative disease. In a preferred embodiment of this invention the neurodegenerative disease includes Alzheimer's disease, dementia, mild cognitive impairment, age-related cognitive decline, Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, multiple sclerosis, demyelination, stroke, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, neuropathic pain, and the like.

[0031] One embodiment of the present invention includes an agent administered to treat a psychiatric disease. In one embodiment, the psychiatric disease includes depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome, acute or chronic stress, anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep deprivation, cognitive dysfunction, amnesia, and the like.

[0034] In yet another embodiment of the present invention the agent is administered to treat a cognitive dysfunction, memory deficit, or decreased learning capacity.

[0035] In a further embodiment of the present invention, cognitive dysfunction includes sleep deprivation, moderate cognitive imprairment (MCI), and the like

[0035] In another embodiment of the present invention , the agent is administered to enhance cognitive function, memory, and/or learning capacity of an individual.
http://www.freepaten...11/0135612.html

Edited by hadora, 17 April 2013 - 06:55 PM.

• like x 2

#260 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

We should get more than 2,5 grams. It'll probably take several months to generate new neurons and experience any cognitive improvements.
  • like x 1

#261 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

i'm constantly getting kicked out of the thread ! does this happen to anybody ? I've sent emails to longecity's admin but i receive no feedback

#262 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

[re:Hadora's last post]
Is this all about NSI-189? NSI has not only pharmaceuticals but also stem cell procedures in preparation, also named NSI-xxx

Edited by daouda, 17 April 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#263 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Edited by sunshinefrost, 17 April 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#264 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Big Thank you to hadora for this great summation.
Very promising that they not only listed possible treatments but also specifically say to "enhance cognitive function, memory, and/or learning capacity of an individual."

#265 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

We should get more than 2,5 grams. It'll probably take several months to generate new neurons and experience any cognitive improvements.

We're trialing a drug before the main clinical trial has been completed, it would be wise not to get set for multi-months experimentations so soon as we dont know anything about the potential adverse effects. I think for now it'd be wise to test it for a month, then if nothing bad happens and some benefits occur, I'd personnaly definitely want to go for another, multi-months-worth order.

Edited by daouda, 17 April 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#266 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I would start easy at first. For me, 2.5g (a month worth of supply) seems enough, at least for a first round. Then, we should compare results and any side effects and proceed further if we decide. I do not expect miracles here, but a subtle improvement in long term memory.

#267 NeurogenesisFactor

• 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

sunshinefrost, I think I may have one or two labs that can do this test.

For proper controls on this test, I don't believe a lab should be selected until after the item ships.

Once recipients have their shipments, one volunteer can be elected and a lab selected.

This prevents manipulation with the independence of the lab beforehand.

In the meantime, please add me to the list of signatories and PM me when payment is demanded. Let's also insure that a list of group buyers is published here (our forum pseudonyms only).

#268 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

I would start easy at first. For me, 2.5g (a month worth of supply) seems enough, at least for a first round. Then, we should compare results and any side effects and proceed further if we decide. I do not expect miracles here, but a subtle improvement in long term memory.

agreed, this is first round. We can't really change the basics, too many people are involved at this time. This was already mentionned.

#269 NeurogenesisFactor

• 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Indeed, sunshine. I think rikelme's dose is too liberal given the novelty of the compound and it's significant effects. As for the 2.5g order amount, it's desirable by the group buyers have committed for a different amount already as you say.

Edited by NeurogenesisFactor, 17 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#270 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Guys, make sure you visite the forum everyday, when the time comes to make the payments it won't be long before we close the group. I noticed that some people get kicked out of the forum, if you clicked to follow this forum, something or someone is kicking out people.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users