NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2701 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:43 AM

Isn't seasonal depression just a lack of Vit D?
Do those of you who suffer from seasonal depression supplement with D?
  • like x 1

#2702 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

At this point I have tried at least 20 different nootropic supplements. I have also been taking NSI-189 for three months now. NSI-189 has influenced my emotions in a very positive way, much more so than anything else I have tried. I have felt more capable recently than I have in years. Unfortunately, it does not seem to help with anxiety much. At least when I fuck up social interactions, I am able to basically brush it off and carry on, while in the past I would be going over the painful moments over and over like a football play book. So I guess I would describe the antidepressant effects as helping me stay in the moment rather than dwell on the past. But I still worry about the future and present moment.

Edited by Fenix_, 11 November 2014 - 11:52 AM.

• like x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2703 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

It's not just Vit D. It would be nice if there's only one model of explaining for something as (seasonal) depression. Although the lack of a specific vitamine gives a certain disease that can be solved by taking that vitamine, seasonal depression is more complex. What also plays a role is the amount of light (this effects your brain via chemical processes through your eyes). If it's cold or warm. Your genes. Etc.

However, Vit D is good to take in a high dose and the more the recent the research, the higher the dose, from 3,000 iu to 10,000 iu. Generaly, if I want to know what dose is right, I prefer the dose that's prescribed by orthomolecular research.

I take Vit D3 with some olive oil.

• like x 1

#2704 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Okey, nice to hear it worked out for you. Maybe i'm being overcautious about it. I'm experiencing body/muscle aches, mild flu-like symptoms, skin outbreaks (looking like diaper rash) around my nose. Brain fog was very present yesterday actually accompanied by at times pretty severe depressive/dysphoric feeelings and thoughts.

I'm not really sure on what to do, I guess it could be a combination of both but mainly lying towards the Probiotic/turmeric combo as every time I've tried a new probiotic, I've felt most of these side-effects, usually I end up getting depressed after a while on new probiotics. After research and experience I come to conclusion that I must have some severe dysbiosis down there causing all these symptoms, I've done a lot of antibiotics last year. Whether to push through these side-effects is something I've considered in the past but given up. Maybe NSI-189 could help me overcome it, not sure whats best in this situation.

How are you doing now?

Brain fog is something you'll have to take for granted untill it get's less. It's uneasy but not that hard. That's one to push through.

If you have sensitive bowels than I guess you have to go through it, but do notice how it effects you. When I took Turmeric for the first time (fresh with oliveoil and pepper) it effected bowels, muscles and more. I thought it was the NSI but when I took NSI without Turmeric I didn't have these symptoms, only brain fog and anxiety. Maybe it's the combination of both. I went throught it and worked out ok. (I can't get fresh Turmeric where I live, so right now I'm not using it, but it should be worth taking it again.)

#2705 Artificiality

• 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

So previously I had just skimmed through this forum for important info, but I still felt lacking. So I went back to the start and read this NSI-189 thread from the beginning. So now I can say I've done my homework correctly and can participate in this research intelligently. I will be starting my research tomorrow (q.d. 20mg) and just in time because we are just starting the short, dark and wet days here in the NW and I can already feel the seasonal depression creeping in. I'll get more in depth on details in my next post.

I was wondering though? All those early researchers seem to be absent now. Have they just moved on to something else or are most in the private forum hording all that long term data? That info would have been beneficial.

And just a shout out to Mizten. One of the early researchers that has consistently posted to this forum. Her detailed input has been very insightful and I highly recommend to anyone that needs solid info and guidelines to read her posts.

Either they gave up or they do what I do when they feel better... they stop reading and posting on these forums and live their life... that very well might be the case... I don't mean to be a dick and I do post sometimes when I feel down a bit but mostly I just occupy myself with what I actually want to do in life, so that could be the case with them? 

So previously I had just skimmed through this forum for important info, but I still felt lacking. So I went back to the start and read this NSI-189 thread from the beginning. So now I can say I've done my homework correctly and can participate in this research intelligently. I will be starting my research tomorrow (q.d. 20mg) and just in time because we are just starting the short, dark and wet days here in the NW and I can already feel the seasonal depression creeping in. I'll get more in depth on details in my next post.

I was wondering though? All those early researchers seem to be absent now. Have they just moved on to something else or are most in the private forum hording all that long term data? That info would have been beneficial.

And just a shout out to Mizten. One of the early researchers that has consistently posted to this forum. Her detailed input has been very insightful and I highly recommend to anyone that needs solid info and guidelines to read her posts.

Perhaps they felt better and got on with their lives... I know when I feel better I totally forget about things such as depression and live the life I want to live.  It could be they are finding success with the NSI-189 and did the same... I would hope that is the case anyhow.

I was in the original group buy and you're pretty much on the money. I barely visit forums anymore and am much more focused on the things I want to do with my life. I'll say NSI-189 made a positive change in me and gave me that push to make positive changes in my life, such as diet, exercise etc, which are what really made the big impact on how I feel and act.

• like x 3

#2706 titanxvx

• 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

Either they gave up or they do what I do when they feel better... they stop reading and posting on these forums and live their life... that very well might be the case... I don't mean to be a dick and I do post sometimes when I feel down a bit but mostly I just occupy myself with what I actually want to do in life, so that could be the case with them? 

Perhaps they felt better and got on with their lives... I know when I feel better I totally forget about things such as depression and live the life I want to live.  It could be they are finding success with the NSI-189 and did the same... I would hope that is the case anyhow.

One of the best things (or ideally) about these forums are the fact that you can scan through and find a similar situation to apply towards your own personal research. Especially with nsi-189 since it is such a new and novel compound. There is very little information available on it besides here and a smattering on reddit. It was a bit suprising after reading the entire thread how few actually shared their results, good or bad. Maybe I am a bit of an idealist but think it should be give as well as take. Pay it forward.

Optimistically I hope many have been helped by this compound and gone on to live better lives. Depression and ptsd are bitches and IMO nsi-189 is an effective new solution tool to an old problem.

#2707 titanxvx

• 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

That's usally the first thing doctors test for when seasonal depression is the complaint.

I've always supplemented with 5,000 iu twice a day anyway. And my Vit D tests were always above average.

It's not a simple fix as my 10 year attempt to remedy attest. I took this very seriously and was co-operative with

4 different doctors to explore solutions.

But the nsi-189 is working so far. SAD should have set in by now.

#2708 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

Day 22. Im getting better by day. really, haven't felt this good for years.

The first time i tried NSI, stupidly, i stopped 1 week in expecting immediate results. Of course, this drug's effectiveness is from its neurogenesis over time.

I'm more happy, awake, articulate, and getting some emotions back.

The only side effects i have noticed are sexual, orgasm isn't as strong as it used to be which tells me it definitely has an affinity for the serotonin transporter. But there is no problem with libido, and actually reaching orgasm.

I also combine it occasionally with 150mg Moclobemide which is an amazing boost. It gives me social superpowers haha.

And with modafinil on top of that, it immediately lifts me out of a bad start of the day and turns it into an awesome one.

This is now going to be my permanent stack as long as it keeps working. I'll cycle the Moclobe & Moda to remain effective, and stay on the NSI for at least 6 months for full hippocampul growth. 

Edited by jaiho, 15 November 2014 - 12:04 AM.

• like x 2

#2709 oblomov

• 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

Update:

I resumed taking NSI-189, 35mg QD, about a month ago.

Earlier, I experienced itching, hives, and dermatographia simultaneous with my use of NSI-189.

I stopped taking it for 6 weeks.  The hives got a bit better but did not entirely cease.

During a recent visit to my GP, he found that I was infected with H. Pylori.  I'm nearly finished with a course of quad therapy to eradicate it.

What's interesting is that the hives are almost gone- no further neuropathy-type effects.

Overall, NSI-189 has improved my life.  I handle potential conflict situations with much greater ease, achieving positive results where before I may not have.

My mood is significantly better.  In a sense, it may have helped me save my marriage (we'll see..).

It does help me think more clearly.  I'm able to structure ideas more readily since starting it.

Some, but not all of these benefits remained during the 6-week hiatus I imposed.

Possibly, the NSI-189 made me more aware of the H. Pylori infection.  Or, it could have exacerbated the infection in some way.  Whatever the case, the hives were temporary, and were possibly not caused by NSI-189.

Edited by oblomov, 16 November 2014 - 10:45 PM.

• Agree x 1

#2710 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Okey, nice to hear it worked out for you. Maybe i'm being overcautious about it. I'm experiencing body/muscle aches, mild flu-like symptoms, skin outbreaks (looking like diaper rash) around my nose. Brain fog was very present yesterday actually accompanied by at times pretty severe depressive/dysphoric feeelings and thoughts.

I'm not really sure on what to do, I guess it could be a combination of both but mainly lying towards the Probiotic/turmeric combo as every time I've tried a new probiotic, I've felt most of these side-effects, usually I end up getting depressed after a while on new probiotics. After research and experience I come to conclusion that I must have some severe dysbiosis down there causing all these symptoms, I've done a lot of antibiotics last year. Whether to push through these side-effects is something I've considered in the past but given up. Maybe NSI-189 could help me overcome it, not sure whats best in this situation.
[/quote]

I've started with turmeric again and I must says that I feel pretty sick. Muscle pain and my bowels are f#-:@d up. There could be some interaction between these two. It goes away. But the good life, lived bybthe hedonistic imperative is something else...

#2711 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Just to update: I finished a 3-week course of tht's NSI-189, in doses ranging from 40-60mg, and did not notice anything -- no side-effects, benefits etc.

Again, the teamTLR stuff felt *psychoactive*, even at low doses. I'm not a shill for teamTLR, since I greatly enjoyed using tht's coluracetam and 7,8-DHF, but this was disappointing. And I was using phosphate (orally) in both instances. 

#2712 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

I dont think NSI-189 has much benefit for non depressed people. especially those with full range of emotions. 

• Agree x 3

#2713 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

Just to update: I finished a 3-week course of tht's NSI-189, in doses ranging from 40-60mg, and did not notice anything -- no side-effects, benefits etc.

Again, the teamTLR stuff felt *psychoactive*, even at low doses. I'm not a shill for teamTLR, since I greatly enjoyed using tht's coluracetam and 7,8-DHF, but this was disappointing. And I was using phosphate (orally) in both instances. 

opposite situation here(tht was obvious, tlr isn't).. so ...? safe to assume they are both active I would say. maybe it just gets lets obvious...

#2714 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

I dont think NSI-189 has much benefit for non depressed people. especially those with full range of emotions. 

I don't mean to sound like I know much about NSI-189 or anything, but I think this seems to be the case. People that are trying NSI-189 merely to get a nootropic boost or so might end up finding themselves disappointed. As someone who has not really had much of an experience with NSI-189 though, I cannot say whether or not it has helped my mind suffering from depression. I will give it a trial soon enough, I hope. I just hope it doesn't have any interactions with things like phenibut, or kratom -- nor will it affect me getting a proper blood test done.

#2715 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

Why hasn't Neural Stem released their 1a and 1b trial yet? It has been quite a long time!!!

#2716 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

Why hasn't Neural Stem released their 1a and 1b trial yet? It has been quite a long time!!!

That is a fairly easy question to answer. It's simply does not work. This is also the reason why Neural Stem's "crackdown" on nootropic sellers has come to a halt. It is time to put the placebo stamp on NSI-189. There has been no supplied proof of hippocampal growth in a human since clinical trials begun. This is a red flag due to the fact that it is extremely simple to take a MRI of patient's brain.
  • Needs references x 7
  • Disagree x 5
  • Good Point x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2717 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

That is a fairly easy question to answer. It's simply does not work. This is also the reason why Neural Stem's "crackdown" on nootropic sellers has come to a halt. It is time to put the placebo stamp on NSI-189. There has been no supplied proof of hippocampal growth in a human since clinical trials begun. This is a red flag due to the fact that it is extremely simple to take a MRI of patient's brain.

hah everything is black and white to you eh?

NSI does have an effect and its pretty obvious at times... whether it grows the hippocampus has little to do with it all being placebo.

lets not jump to such bold conclusions with such little proof.. thanks :)

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2718 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

I can safely say that themadscientist speaks bollocks.

I'm diagnosed depressed. Numb, emotionless, tired depressive rather than mood/suicidal depressive.

NSI-189 is absolutely terrific for this type of depression. It brings back emotion. This is why people with healthy emotions complain of hyper emotion upon the drug taking effect.

Having taken many anti depressants such as Prozac, Zoloft, MAOIs & SNRIs, i can safely say NSI-189 is not placebo.

• Agree x 4

#2719 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Most recent update:

"Depression Biomarker Analysis Shows NSI-189 is Rapidly and Persistently Efficacious" - http://investor.neur...-The-CNS-Summit

"these results showed a significant number of patients on active treatment demonstrated clinical improvement by a reduction in total Montgomery–Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) scores >/= 15.9 points, which continued 8 weeks after dosing stopped.  This sustained drop was to a point at, or near, what is usually associated with remission on SSRI compounds... Quantative EEG Phase Ib analysis, also reported in June, showed that active therapy patients had significantly increased brain wave patterns in the hippocampal region of the brain."

Edited by Adaptogen, 23 November 2014 - 10:42 PM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2720 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:34 AM

I'd like to know how great the placebo response was measured by a reduction in MADRS score. That would put a 15.9 drop in clearer perspective. I'm also not surprised the MRI didn't show volume increase since they only took the drug for a month. Just have to wait for the larger clinical trial to find out how truly effective it is.

#2721 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

I'd like to know how great the placebo response was measured by a reduction in MADRS score. That would put a 15.9 drop in clearer perspective. I'm also not surprised the MRI didn't show volume increase since they only took the drug for a month. Just have to wait for the larger clinical trial to find out how truly effective it is.

On the slide that was presented with the results show significant increases in BDNF and other neurotrophic factors that may contribute to the attested effects. Just a side point worth mentioning. 

#2722 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

Link:

http://www.neuralste...SummitFinal.pdf

#2723 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

My experience is exactly the same to yours. I've been taking team tlrs nsi and the effects are obvious even at low doses, both good and bad effects. The worst effect is the anxiety.
I decided to try thts nsi as team tlr had none in stock and I'm noticing nothing in terms of psychoactive effects. I also ordered bpap and pitosolant from tht and also am not feeling much from any of those beyond maybe a placebo effect. I just don't know.
But in terms of nsi I can take a 40mg or even 60mg dose of tht and feel nothing. I couldn't manage above 20mg twice a day with team tlr version as the anxiety was too much.
My fears are back, fear of people in authority, social interaction which I eradicated with team tlr nsi. My memory is pretty bad again whereas I noticed a massive improvement from team tor which was even more evident at work and I no longer have those melancholic moments I also experienced before.
On another note there is a strong taste and smell with tht version whereas I never noticed that with team tlr. This taste and smell is the same with the tht bpap. So I'm pretty convinced tht version is not nsi 189. I'm also sinking into a deep depression the longer I've been without team tlr version. The tht is not having much impact.
It's not first time I was disappointed with thts chemicals. I previously had their 7,8dhf and felt very little from it too but I never tried that from anywhere else as I just gave up on that avenue but maybe I will revisit it with another vendor.
  • Needs references x 1

#2724 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

I don't mean to sound like I know much about NSI-189 or anything, but I think this seems to be the case. People that are trying NSI-189 merely to get a nootropic boost or so might end up finding themselves disappointed. As someone who has not really had much of an experience with NSI-189 though, I cannot say whether or not it has helped my mind suffering from depression. I will give it a trial soon enough, I hope. I just hope it doesn't have any interactions with things like phenibut, or kratom -- nor will it affect me getting a proper blood test done.

In regards to kratom, I love the stuff. And I've taken it quite regularly whilst taking nsi 189 as it's great for offsetting the anxiety and giving me a social boost obviously!

#2725 flurr

• 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Okey, nice to hear it worked out for you. Maybe i'm being overcautious about it. I'm experiencing body/muscle aches, mild flu-like symptoms, skin outbreaks (looking like diaper rash) around my nose. Brain fog was very present yesterday actually accompanied by at times pretty severe depressive/dysphoric feeelings and thoughts.

How are you doing now?

Brain fog is something you'll have to take for granted untill it get's less. It's uneasy but not that hard. That's one to push through.

If you have sensitive bowels than I guess you have to go through it, but do notice how it effects you. When I took Turmeric for the first time (fresh with oliveoil and pepper) it effected bowels, muscles and more. I thought it was the NSI but when I took NSI without Turmeric I didn't have these symptoms, only brain fog and anxiety. Maybe it's the combination of both. I went throught it and worked out ok. (I can't get fresh Turmeric where I live, so right now I'm not using it, but it should be worth taking it again.)

I'm doing pretty good now thanks, the muscle pain and other stuff eased a bit after a while but continued to manifest though. Brain fog has been very present from time to time since 4 weeks starting the NSI and anxiety was a bit more pronounced but seems to be easing a little bit now. I've actually taken a break from the Probiotic/Turmeric combo just to give my body a rest from all the side-effects, I couldnt really pinpoint whether the NSI was working or not as well, thats why I raised the dose as you can see below. 

I've gone like this (on day 23):

Week 1: NSI ~20mg x2, Turmeric/Culturelle probiotic

Week 2: NSI ~20-30mg x2, Turmeric/Culturelle probiotic

Week 3: NSI ~20-30mg x2, quit the Turmeric/culturelle probiotic on thursday

Week 4 (as of now): NSI 30-40mg x2

I still experience stifness/muscle pain from time to time, but I did this before starting all this as well so thats no news actually. I've noticed that I can feel this pretty soon after dosing the NSI so wonder if there might be a connection.

For the mood effects, since quitting the turmeric and probiotic, my mood has been improving quiet a lot. I'm also noticing some very nice effects like more at ease in social situations (more like becoming my old self). I'm actually challenging my old beliefs thats been keeping me stuck for years, its easier to dismiss them as unimportant. I'm generally more accepting with myself. This has gradually come on, I wouldn't say this started until middle of week 2 maybe.

As for the cognition, I havn't felt that much improvement as I hoped for (yet) but it feels like it might come on gradually. I'm better at focusing in social situations, anxiety isn't holding me up as much which is Great. I also believe that I have easier time to understand relations/structures and see the bigger picture. Hopefully the brain-fog means something good!

• like x 1

#2726 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

Muscle tension and brain fog could both be caused by excess acetylcholine.

#2727 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm wondering: What's the average amount of time (days) for one to actually feel the effects of NSI-189? I feel like the anxiety actually comes on a lot earlier than the benefits would... so if that's the case, maybe it'll make me more likely to be on it more than just a few days than just dropping it. I still have a bit less than a gram and was wondering if it'd be fine to take still. It's been well over 4 months since I've received my stuff. Hopefully there's no degradation of potency or anything.

#2728 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

I noticed benefits around day 22. 2 x 40MG a day

I now combine with 300MG a day of Moclobemide, and it works fantastic together. There is some kind of synergy going on. Moclobemide alone is brain foggy / tired stimulated feeling. hard to put into words.

Adding NSI-189 removes the downsides of Moclobemide for me, and i feel bloody great. Not manic, just happy. Since i haven't been not depressed for a long time. The important thing is this kind of anti depression synergy is giving me emotions back.

Any other kind of potent anti depressant combo ive tried blunts my emotions in some way, like a happy cloud of numbness. this is different.

Edited by jaiho, 26 November 2014 - 03:29 PM.

• like x 1

#2729 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Alright, fine, because I can't find the supplier discussion, does anyone have a positive experience with NutrAction's NSI189? I bought some from there a few months ago and am finally just about in a place where I want to run a full course. I felt some vague effects on a few days' trial but nothing that couldn't necessarily be placebo. All I've found on this board is one non-specific complaint.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2730 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

I noticed benefits around day 22. 2 x 40MG a day

I now combine with 300MG a day of Moclobemide, and it works fantastic together. There is some kind of synergy going on. Moclobemide alone is brain foggy / tired stimulated feeling. hard to put into words.

Adding NSI-189 removes the downsides of Moclobemide for me, and i feel bloody great. Not manic, just happy. Since i haven't been not depressed for a long time. The important thing is this kind of anti depression synergy is giving me emotions back.

Any other kind of potent anti depressant combo ive tried blunts my emotions in some way, like a happy cloud of numbness. this is different.

So about three weeks in, huh. How was it prior to you actually seeing benefits? Did you ever felt like wanting to stop taking it because you didn't feel like it was working or made you feel worse? I'm interested in hearing more about the start-up anxiety for anyone who has actually received some great benefits from it. I definitely know how you feel about the anhedonia and blunting of emotions and it's one of the problems I've been dealing with. It's torture.

I still have to get around to getting myself motivated to get things done.

How about you functioning socially? Do you feel more like yourself again? Prior to all the anhedonia, apathy? More connected with other people due to having emotions and such? How about listening to music? Does it give you pleasure due to being able to somewhat feel emotions, therefore getting euphoric from songs and feels?

Sorry for the pestering. I want to give it a try again. I really do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users