NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2761 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

Gorthaur, what kind of anti depressant effects? Do you get more joy from music/ more feels etc?

Thats what im chasing. When i ran out of Ceretropic's NSI, i went to TeamTLRs freebase. I was getting good effects from Ceretropics NSI, but since moving to TLRs, it's lost.

So im thinking of trying THT Phosphate if it worked well for you

#2762 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

Gorthaur, what kind of anti depressant effects? Do you get more joy from music/ more feels etc?
Thats what im chasing. When i ran out of Ceretropic's NSI, i went to TeamTLRs freebase. I was getting good effects from Ceretropics NSI, but since moving to TLRs, it's lost.

Why don't you try team tlr phosphate?
What effects did you experience from ceretropics nsi out of interest? I've had great antidepressant effect from team tlr nsi phophate until I ran out and they had none in stock. I was able to drop all my antidepressant medication for nsi 189. I was very surprised. My memory was vastly improved, speech more fluid and I was no longer fearful of interacting with people in case I didn't know what to say etc. The only downside was anxiety like heart palpitations which I controlled probably 75% with pregabilin. I've been on and off antidepressants and anti psychotics for 10 years. To drop them for simply nsi and pregabilin was amazing as I was no longer sedated or emotionally blunted.

However as I said I ran out and as team tlr only had freebase I plucked for tht nsi phosphate.
I've noticed nothing but excessive sweating on it. I don't have any cognitive benefits coming back to me that team tlrs gave me and I also don't have the negative side effects of team tlrs nsi such as the very noticeable increased physical anxiety that is heart palpitations.

I also bought pitolisant and bpap from tht and they all have a similar but not exactly the same, smell to them as their nsi 189. the smell and taste of nsi 189 is different between tht and team tlr. Their doesn't seem to be any noticeable smell I think from team tlr. Their is a slight bitter taste though. Tht smell and taste is much much stronger and as I said before similar to Their other products I bought which makes me a bit suspicious.

I've not noticed any antidepressant effect at all from the tht batch or any other effect for that matter whereas when I take team tlrs nsi I feel it quite quickly. However until my new order arrives from team tlr I am going to give thts batch another try as other users here seem to respond to it. If it is the real deal I guess the anxiety that doesn't accompany it that does accompany team tlrs nsi would be a welcome loss.

I'll update in a few days of my recent trial of thts nsi.

It's just so strange how two distributors can offer " the same thing" but there be quite a difference in taste, smell and users experiences from this forum...at least one must not be entirely genuine or could be watered down. That's the risks we all take with research chemicals from third party anonymous distributors though isn't it!

Edited by Al Capacino, 06 December 2014 - 02:30 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2763 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

The antidepressant effect I get is totally unique. I wouldn't be surprised if they find out that NSI-189 acts on some as-yet-undiscovered receptor. I experience more noticeable emotions of all kinds, whereas usually I am pretty much emotionally flatlined. I also find myself wanting to explore new places and take in all kinds of information. I feel like I have the energy to expand who I am.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#2764 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:40 AM

Why don't you try team tlr phosphate?
What effects did you experience from ceretropics nsi out of interest? I've had great antidepressant effect from team tlr nsi phophate until I ran out and they had none in stock. I was able to drop all my antidepressant medication for nsi 189. I was very surprised. My memory was vastly improved, speech more fluid and I was no longer fearful of interacting with people in case I didn't know what to say etc. The only downside was anxiety like heart palpitations which I controlled probably 75% with pregabilin. I've been on and off antidepressants and anti psychotics for 10 years. To drop them for simply nsi and pregabilin was amazing as I was no longer sedated or emotionally blunted.

However as I said I ran out and as team tlr only had freebase I plucked for tht nsi phosphate.
I've noticed nothing but excessive sweating on it. I don't have any cognitive benefits coming back to me that team tlrs gave me and I also don't have the negative side effects of team tlrs nsi such as the very noticeable increased physical anxiety that is heart palpitations.

I also bought pitolisant and bpap from tht and they all have a similar but not exactly the same, smell to them as their nsi 189. the smell and taste of nsi 189 is different between tht and team tlr. Their doesn't seem to be any noticeable smell I think from team tlr. Their is a slight bitter taste though. Tht smell and taste is much much stronger and as I said before similar to Their other products I bought which makes me a bit suspicious.

I've not noticed any antidepressant effect at all from the tht batch or any other effect for that matter whereas when I take team tlrs nsi I feel it quite quickly. However until my new order arrives from team tlr I am going to give thts batch another try as other users here seem to respond to it. If it is the real deal I guess the anxiety that doesn't accompany it that does accompany team tlrs nsi would be a welcome loss.

I'll update in a few days of my recent trial of thts nsi.

It's just so strange how two distributors can offer " the same thing" but there be quite a difference in taste, smell and users experiences from this forum...at least one must not be entirely genuine or could be watered down. That's the risks we all take with research chemicals from third party anonymous distributors though isn't it!

I can't find the link right now (it's either somewhere in this thread, or on reddit), but I know for a fact that THT's NSI-189 has been independently tested and verified. I can't recall if TLR's has been tested, but I'm still confident it's real. The differences in taste, color, etc. are largely due to different purification standards. The purity of most of this Chinese made NSI is around 96-99%, and that couple of percent of impurities has a big impact on the final product. Someone mentioned in this thread a few pages back that TLR's products are missing a final wash. The same might be true of THT's products. THT's products probably all have the same smell because they were produced in the same lab, and the same reagents and solvents were used to crystalize and purify them. 

#2765 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

Perhaps the quality of TLR's NSI isn't as good, that's why its somewhat cheaper. The only effect i get from TLRs is nausea, and feel like im not even on NSI anymore. This happened as soon as i switched.

Similar effects from Ceretropic's NSI for me, heightened emotions, more immersion in the world. Exactly what i want.

I will try THT's Phosphate next

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#2766 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

Really loving the combination of Valdoxan and NSI189. 

I'm using Agomelatine for it's Anti-depressant effect and really not for it's property to induce sleep or regulate it at least since I usually sleep quite easily whitout waking up by night.

Anyway it's making my dreams much less boring and I wake up with a feeling that I didn't felt since a long time! Very potent anxyolitic/AD here. I'm on day 2 though it could subside, poop or can be enhanced will see!

• Informative x 1

#2767 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Perhaps the quality of TLR's NSI isn't as good, that's why its somewhat cheaper. The only effect i get from TLRs is nausea, and feel like im not even on NSI anymore. This happened as soon as i switched.

Similar effects from Ceretropic's NSI for me, heightened emotions, more immersion in the world. Exactly what i want.

ceretropic sells nsi? since when?

#2768 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

they dont now since they got a cease & desist. 

#2769 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'm testing some of THT's products. I can't really afford to keep testing NSI batches from every company, I'd have to charge $75 and I'd still lose money.

Particularly interested in the authenticity of Pilosant, despite the synthetic route looking relatively easy.

I tried it pitolisant, seemed legit with its effects. slightly more energy boosting than adrafinil but shorter duration. I'll prolly stick with adrafinil though. 

#2770 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

Would there be any problems if I were to combine NSI 189 with vyvanse? I"m taking both right now,  but I never take them on the same day since I don't know how I'll react. NSI 189 is great for mood but I find it worsens my attention problem, so it's no good for getting work done. I need to be able to take both on the same day to help with my mood, motivation, and attention. Anyone have experience taking both at the same time? If so, how did you feel? 

#2771 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

In my experience, transhuman sells very potent products! Pito is legit for sure, if you are prone to allergies/asthma though I'd be careful!

#2772 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

Whatever happened to keeping the source discussion within the NSI-189 source discussion group? Neuralstem monitors these forums guys... :unsure:

Any account that has been registered for at least 8 months will be admitted entry.

http://www.longecity...-discussion-20/

Click join and I'll approve you. Please make sure your profile is visible.

@ 'Ed Ntuk', I think they would be safe to take together. Given what's known of their mechanisms of action, there is nothing inherent in them to point toward a negative interaction and there are reports of people using amphetamine + NSI-189. Safe, but as with any little tested combination always start low and increase your dose; discontinue if side effects arise.

• Good Point x 1

#2773 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

Ceretropic never had NSI-189. They had a close analog (or so they claimed) and if you were ever given any I'm certain 'MYSAD' or the now deceased 'Guacamolium' would have explicitly told you not to advertise it publicly, given the nature of Neuralstem's strongly-worded letter to Ceretropic, which pretty much said if they sold any NSI-189, Neuralstem would drive them to the ground. Not exactly the best thing for you to say on a public forum.... especially in light of my former post and their letter.

Or you are involved with Ceretropic (Synzael?) or they gave it to you for free, which would be much safer to admit.

OR, are you confusing Ceretropic with another vendor? I think this might be the case.

#2774 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

i believe they only had a very small batch and i obtained some when they were getting rid of it due to the cease and desist.

That's why im sourcing from elsewhere

#2775 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

This summer I did a 6 week trial of NSI-189 phosphate.  During this time I suffered what I assumed was a neck/back injury from the gym.  It seemed to originate from the neck, but I also had upper back pains around my shoulder blades.   I did 3 weeks of physical therapy and did my best to limit my exercise.  In the end it took almost 3 months for it to resolve.  Although I never had scans done, my doctor thought it was possibly a pinched nerve or bulging disc.    In the end, I chalked it up to just a regular injury.  However, with NSI-189 being an experimental drug, I always had suspicions that it might have been connected somehow.  In the past few months I have returned to my regular fitness schedule and outside of tweaking it a couple times, have had no problems. 

Fast forward to a week ago.  I decided to start another trial of NSI-189.  About 6 days into the trial, I tweaked my neck again at the gym.  In the couple days since then, the injury has increased in severity almost to where it was the first time I injured it.  Considering I wasn't doing anything very strenuous or out of the ordinary, I can't help but think the NSI-189 is contributing to, or even causing this problem. 

I've done a lot of searching on the forums and haven't found anyone whose experienced the same thing.  One person had some pretty severe neuropathic pain issues.  Another person complained of a stiff neck.  That's about all I found. 

I have since stopped the NSI-189 and have am doubtful I will take it again.  If there is a connection, it frightens me what kind of damage it could be doing to my body.

For those who are familiar with the MOA of NSI-189, does it seem possible that there's a connection here?  For those who have taken NSI-189, have any of you experienced anything at all similar?

• unsure x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#2776 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Ceretropic never had NSI-189. They had a close analog (or so they claimed) and if you were ever given any I'm certain 'MYSAD' or the now deceased 'Guacamolium' would have explicitly told you not to advertise it publicly, given the nature of Neuralstem's strongly-worded letter to Ceretropic, which pretty much said if they sold any NSI-189, Neuralstem would drive them to the ground. Not exactly the best thing for you to say on a public forum.... especially in light of my former post and their letter.

Or you are involved with Ceretropic (Synzael?) or they gave it to you for free, which would be much safer to admit.

OR, are you confusing Ceretropic with another vendor? I think this might be the case.

Just because a vendor can't sell it publicly doesn't mean they don't have a big pile of product they want to get rid of.   I've purchased it twice in this manner. 

Edited by foreseason, 09 December 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#2777 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

I've read about 75% of the posts on in this thread since last year and was in the the VLK buy. Here are some reminders and my observations:

-There was no real "purity" test done on the VLK product that can be authenticated. A user named Joeyo supposedly tested it and said it "looked good", whatever that means. Another user at Longecity with access to lab equipment who was more forthcoming tested VLK and Nyles products and confirmed the spectra were nearly identical. We have their melting points. At some point in the future, if Neuralstem's NSI-189 ever comes to market, we could compare its "original" product with the data aggregated from the testing done on these bootlegged versions. Further testing on VLK's product would've been too cost prohibitive for a single person, and due to the strange nature of the VLK groupbuy, there was no CoA provided by the lab.

- There is a lab in Wuhan China that claimed to sell "NSI-189" (purity?) in bulk at very affordable prices. It's very possible all the TLRs, THT, Nutriactions of the world are sourcing their product from them for all we know.

- Looking at the published graph Neuralstem made of the results, there may be a subset of people who benefit tremendously from NSI-189, while are others had drops in depression scores fully within the range of placebos. The difference between placebo and drug at day 28 was a 5 point drop on the MADRS compared to placebo, and 4 points by day 84, although both placebo and drug were discontinued at day 28. Interestingly, the drug group had more cognitive gains compared to placebo. The most recently completed 1b trial had 18 patients on the drug at varying doses and 6 on placebo. This is a very small study and I would not over interpret it in any direction. Wait for the larger study enrolling hundreds of people in the next couple of years. The source for the data is here http://smithonstocks...id-subscribers/

- The "NSI-189" poll asking its users about their experience is probably heavily skewed toward the positive. There are people here saying it's helped them tremendously, while others say it did nothing/little or caused them a lot of anxiety. Last time I checked, the anxious/null effect people did not respond to the poll. There are also mixed reports on Reddit from people who know nothing about the Longecity poll. I would suggest caution in interpreting it, and think the most it can tell us is the list of possible side-effects, not their frequency or prevalence. Experiencing neuropathy was not due to a placebo, for instance, and I'm not lying about it. 

People are free to do what they want, but I can't recommend taking the "NSI-189s" (and I will forever put the bootlegged versions in quotes until rigorously authenticated), at this point in time, for anything other than maybe a moderate-severe, treatment resistant depression, in cases when all other practical options have been exhausted. It's straight up reckless to combine it with other psychotropic pharmaceuticals. If you are only using it as a nootropic and are otherwise healthy, well, good luck, but the risk/benefit ratio just doesn't make sense to me. The substance I took from the VLK groupbuy caused me debilitating paresthesia/sunburn in my legs, arms, neck and torso which would get worse at night. This did nothing good for depression, obviously. Several months ago, the neurologist did a nerve conduction test on me and detected no significant damage, but told me it's very possible more subtle damage is there, undetected, causing the pain. Luckily, the pain and weird nerve sensations have been slowly going away since last May to the point where I no longer need neuropathic pain meds to control it. I now only get mild "heated" sensations occasionally in my legs after midnight. Perhaps in another 6 months it will be nothing but a bad memory, but it's not an experience you want to risk, believe me.

Foreseason, nerve pain is sometimes hard to tell from normal pain, and from what you described it's possible that's what you experienced. It could also be sharp, shooting or aching pains. Your experience reminds me of a user on Reddit who took another "NSI-189" bootlegged version and said he experienced terrible nerve pain after twisting his ankle or something. I don't think it lasted, but I wouldn't risk it.

• Informative x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2778 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

So far it seems NSI genuinely works for depression only! Also Neural Stem genuinely seems to be taking time with it, one would be curious as to why a company in need of a hit product hasn't released one yet.

#2779 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

So far it seems NSI genuinely works for depression only! Also Neural Stem genuinely seems to be taking time with it, one would be curious as to why a company in need of a hit product hasn't released one yet.

What's the overall consensus on THT's NSI-189?

#2780 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

What makes you think that?

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2781 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

I have 1.1 grams of NSI-189 availible to sell if anyone is interested.

.7 grams freebase
.4 grams phosphate

Message me for more info.

#2782 strider

• 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

I got some nsi-189 and I'm not sure whether to go by the scoop I have or the scale. The scoop kind of looks like the one here http://www.amazon.co...RD0JDV04AXHP0K2 but it is blue. On the side of the scoop it says 10-15mg. That dosage does not equate to the scale weight.

Like, it took 5 scoops of it for it to equal 10mg. So either the scoop is wrong or the scale is wrong

#2783 titanxvx

• 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I got some nsi-189 and I'm not sure whether to go by the scoop I have or the scale. The scoop kind of looks like the one here http://www.amazon.co...RD0JDV04AXHP0K2 but it is blue. On the side of the scoop it says 10-15mg. That dosage does not equate to the scale weight.

Like, it took 5 scoops of it for it to equal 10mg. So either the scoop is wrong or the scale is wrong

Go with a scale. The scoops are not accurate. A good deal of variance in density with nsi. A digital scale with an accuracy of .001 are not expensive ($20-$35 US) and are suprisingly accurate. At least mine have been.

#2784 strider

• 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

good point. i was kinda thinking the same. yeah, i have a .001 scale made by smart weigh so i think its good. thanks for the input

#2785 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Well I gave thts nsi 189 a couple of trials now and it's useless. I feel absolutely nothing from it. After 2x 1 month trials of another vendors nsi and responding almost instantly to it through an instant mood boost, memory enhancement, less anxiety in social situations and many other benefits whilst also being able to give up all other supplements and antidepressants I know what to expect from nsi and thts brings no psychoactive effects whatsoever.
I do respond a bit to thts pitolisant with a slight focus boost which is a nice subtle boost instead of modafinil which makes me so wired especially at night!
I'm still not sure nsi 189 as a standalone treatment is enough as I still only do the bare minimum I need to in life. But it's certainly has some unique qualities that other antidepressants don't provide

#2786 flurr

• 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

Well I gave thts nsi 189 a couple of trials now and it's useless. I feel absolutely nothing from it. After 2x 1 month trials of another vendors nsi and responding almost instantly to it through an instant mood boost, memory enhancement, less anxiety in social situations and many other benefits whilst also being able to give up all other supplements and antidepressants I know what to expect from nsi and thts brings no psychoactive effects whatsoever.
I do respond a bit to thts pitolisant with a slight focus boost which is a nice subtle boost instead of modafinil which makes me so wired especially at night!
I'm still not sure nsi 189 as a standalone treatment is enough as I still only do the bare minimum I need to in life. But it's certainly has some unique qualities that other antidepressants don't provide

I've been on THT's NSI 189 for like a month, however, I underdosed way too much until 1,5 weeks ago. So now I'm on proper doses (20-30 mg x2/day). The effects I've felt from it could very well be placebo. I still experience depressive symptoms from time to time.

I recently recieved team TLR's NSI so I will switch to that now and report back if there is any changes. First dose taken today. Will only continue NSI for about 1,5 weeks more though and then I will take a break and continue in middle January instead. So the effects might not manifest fully enough given THT's NSI is bunk. However, will report my subjective findings if that is of interest.

Edited by flurr, 13 December 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#2787 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

From my amateurish knowledge, NSI-189 would help to restore the HPA axis if the Glucocorticoid Receptors (GR) are normal i.e. upregulated.

If not then the effects wouldnt be that pronounced like for anyone else.

As said, I´m an amateur, so take this with a grain of salt.

It could also perhaps be the case that by enhancing the Hippocampus, the GR expression would be affected to some extend, but this is just my theory. 

On the other hand, the opposite is validated. So an excess of Glucocorticoids ( chronic stress) do damage the Hippocampus.

Edited by Flex, 13 December 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#2788 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

I have 1.1 grams of NSI-189 availible to sell if anyone is interested.

.7 grams freebase
.4 grams phosphate

Message me for more info.

Last call on this. Both are from reputable sources.

#2789 perception is projection

• 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

so I'm about to purchase some nsi-189 from some sources that I am not 100% confident in.

My only question I have is there any way I can test if it is real?

How would I go about this. I think I heard/read some where people having some type of kit(probably some expensive chemist graduate tool).

Thank you!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2790 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

My NSI-189 is no longer available 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users