NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2881 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

I'm looking for any way to potentiate the nootropic effect of NSI-189. Shilajit boosts the antidepressant effect substantially and might be the reason that i experience no anxiety on NSI. However, if anyone can let me know how to potentiate the nootropic effect that would be great

What brand/type of Shilajit are you using?

Blooming lotus it's expensive but easily one of the best

how much of this shilajit do you take a day? does it increase energy levels and libido for you?

#2882 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

I'm looking for any way to potentiate the nootropic effect of NSI-189. Shilajit boosts the antidepressant effect substantially and might be the reason that i experience no anxiety on NSI. However, if anyone can let me know how to potentiate the nootropic effect that would be great

What brand/type of Shilajit are you using?

Blooming lotus it's expensive but easily one of the best

how much of this shilajit do you take a day? does it increase energy levels and libido for you?

Its in my top 3 favorite supplements. Sleep and mood is substantially better after taking this. This is the one supplement that all my friends and family have tried and love. Seriously try it.. I'd be very surprised if you weren't deficient in humic and fulvic acids.

I'm working on a theory that NSI needs to be taken with small amounts of niacin. I think that similarity between NSI and Niacin might cause a feedback inhibition of the production of niacin therefore taking extra niacin is helpful. Niacin also helps boost levels of serotonin so this might affect how the drug affects serotonin levels in the brain. On the days I take a small amount of niacin with nsi I have zero anxiety. Niacin does absolutely nothing for me otherwise. 

• Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2883 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

I've been taking NSI for a little over a week know and so far it's been working great and it seems to build up.

I'm only taking it once a day, because it seems to mess with my sleep if I take it later in the day and works just fine if I take my dose in the morning.

Side effects: Headache, pressure in the head.

For me NSI just takes away the hopelessness. I get no euphoria and I can still be pissed-off, but I get all different feelings and I don't lost forever in bad thoughts. There's way less overall anxiety and I can finally live with being rejected, which makes me more open and active. That's basically the first time in my adult life that I feel I can live the life I want to life. I can't say there are any nootropic effects, though.

If this is not placebo and works not just for some people, this drug will be a major breakthrough.

I can't say there are any nootropic effects, though.

• like x 3

#2884 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

I just wanted to check-in here: NSI-189 is still part of my supplement regime. I use it intermittently, like pretty much everything else, as a potentiator, though I do think it does have very specific healing properties for some forms of brain dysfunction. For me that was PTSD. From reading through this thread and other threads on this board, it's unlikely that it will work for everyone. But when it does work, it tends to work really well and turn lives around. Often those who got the most benefits don't post here anymore, as their lives are now more about moving forward and no longer about finding a cure.

It did change my life. So I am biased. Before NSI-189, I was already using a lot of other modalities that were very helpful. Exercise, meditation, epigenetics and evolutionary health tactics were all part of my daily wellness strategies. NSI-189 helped make those modalities work better and also made them easier to use on a consistent basis. That last part is a big deal, especially for clinicians who can provide their clients with excellent self-help tools but have no way to reconfigure the pachemistry and brain structure of their clients, even when medications are part of therapy.

It's clear that anxiety was a side effect for some users, others got no noticeable side effects. Some people managed to reduce that effect with dosage adjustment or breathing modulation, or exercise. You can go through this thread to find solutions that were posted by users who were able to find ways to work with this drug to their benefit.

As far as Neuralstem goes, I think they have some cutting edge cures, but there is never, or hardly ever, a one bullet cure. Maybe with antibiotics for life threatening infections,but even that is sketchy, as immune function (when a pathogen or injury is at hand) is where our intial susceptibility probably lies. Just as genetics and environment are always underlying our individual stress responses...

Keep in mind that Neuralstem CEO blog states that their first inspiration to find a cure for brain damage was inspired by a family member's adverse events. This was,incidentally, also mine. Though I was struggling with what seemed to be my own over-the-top stress responses, those responses were directly related to what was happening to people close to me. Neuralstem has an inherent right to protect their discovery of what may be a very beneficial drug. At the same time, it probably be a big benefit to their initial release into the mental health drug market if they benignly ignored the cautious self-help efforts that many people on forums like this engage in. There is a huge untapped market for people with various brain injuries. Reports here, though not scientifically creditable, are more useful than most clinicians would publically admit.

I don't own Neuralstem stock. I just wanted to get my life back and NSI-189 was a big part of making that happen.
  • like x 6
  • Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2885 ILIkeBeer

• 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

On the TLR site they have NSI-189 (base_ and NSI-189 Phosphate... Anyone know what would be the difference between these two?

#2886 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

starting to feel the emotional side of NSI-189 its sucks but is awesome at the same time..Its not like a bitch tits estrogen type of emotional but more of like an I gotta get my shit together and everything feels so intense type of emotionality

• Agree x 2

#2887 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

As far as I can tell TLR no longer has it available either!

Edited by Betterself, 04 February 2015 - 09:04 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2888 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

has anyone bought from hhdpharm china? reasonably priced NSI

#2889 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

I have. It was good, I guess. I received it in freebase form, but this was early on when they first started producing it.

#2890 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

wow can't believe tlr isnt carrying NSI anymore.. glad that I got a 3 gram order in right before the stopped. Does anyone know of any other vendors for NSI. I'm honestly really disappointed NSI was seriously the best thing I've ever taken. 

Edited by Plasticperson, 05 February 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#2891 BieraK

• 275 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:04 AM

Wow... Neuralstem its doing the job very well

Who will be next?..the Chinese?

I hate this, I was not able to test this compound

PS: Hello neuralstem I know you are seeing this...

• like x 1

#2892 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Neuralstem can't touch chinese vendors. I just ordered 10 grams of phosphate for the price of 3 grams 

• Cheerful x 2
  • Agree x 2

#2893 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

What chinese supplier can you recommend?

#2894 mindpatch

• 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:17 AM

Neuralstem can't touch chinese vendors. I just ordered 10 grams of phosphate for the price of 3 grams 

Now we need a reliable off shore vendor.  I've come to rely on NSI as part of my stack.  Now, however, when we're talking about Chinese vendors, we need to be concerned with purity.  There were users who reported differences between the tht.co version and the tlr.com version, so I imagine the synthesis matters. 

• like x 1

#2895 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

Hello everyone,

I am currently taking Organic Chemistry lab at Binghamton University and I might be able to get my hands  on the spectrometer if my TA will allow it. I really think we need to test these things because no one can say whether or not this is all placebo, atleast definitively. So if people want to get on board with this I need some suggestions of what companies they want me to test. I really don't have much cash at the moment, so only one company is ideal. I should also add that I might not be able to do this. It is kind of sketchy for me to ask the instructor if I can test an unknown substance. Any suggestions on how to persuade the instructor would also be helpful. :)

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2896 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Any suggestions on how to persuade the instructor would also be helpful. :)

Your instructor is a grad student? Just buy him a beer.

I have 2 vendors' and Nyles' NSI currently in my possession. I was going to run them separately to compare, but since all the vendors are shut down I thought maybe it would be better to mix them all together to produce a consistent effect over the single course I'll be able to run. Any thoughts?

Edited by StevesPetRat, 06 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

• Agree x 1

#2897 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

I know TLR has taken NSI down from their site but I have tried both TLR's and VLK's NSI-189 compound. VLK's was fluffy and had a strong bitter anesthetic taste where as TLR's was more clumped and had very little of the numbing flavor. It might be that one was phosphate and one was base form, or it could have been fluffed with added agents. 

#2898 dreamwolf

• 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

From where else may this be procured? PM with details.

#2899 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

I'd love a PM as well.  Please.

#2900 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

http://hhdpharm.en.a..._STOCK_98_.html

I can't make any comment about the purity though. I have seen a few reports that it tastes *right*, whatever that means.

also:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3aa1a8bb77

relevant reddit thread: http://www.reddit.co...out_to_be_real/

#2901 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

Anyone know if NSI-189 could affect one's ability to taste/smell? I take it orally, and by that I would just lick it right off the little silver platter tray that comes with my scale after weighing it. I was wondering if that would by any chance affect my taste buds... as I noticed when I'm brushing my teeth and especially brushing my tongue, I don't really "taste" it. It's not a pleasant taste at all when you do that little "burp" but it's no longer something that I seem to be able to smell/taste anymore. I mean, I only taste it very slightly. It might not even be NSI but my depression in general because I know I haven't been able to smell/taste much even prior to taking NSI.

Also, I haven't been keeping up a strict regimen with NSI. I have been feeling quite out of it, more socially blunted and I don't know if it's the NSI causing it. I'm gonna lower my dose to 10-15mg. I know it's small but the sides are not too extreme but they are obviously undesireable. I hope that, if NSI ends up not working for me, I'll go back to a better baseline... unless of course my depression has gotten worse to the point where my baseline is actually just this.

So I'm on day 14. Today I took 15mg a little bit into the evening (not too long ago). Again, do anyone know whether or not stopping it might hinder its performance? Because if so, I would end up a bit more discouraged to keep going because I already stopped three days this week and last week.

:sad:

#2902 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

thats quite a low dose. Im not sure if you'll get a benefit from that but who knows.

I didnt feel much from when i tried low doses because higher doses were expensive.

Now i can get bulk from China i can go back up to 2 x 40mg a day which felt fantastic

• Enjoying the show x 2

#2903 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

Now i can get bulk from China i can go back up to 2 x 40mg a day which felt fantastic

So far I’ve been unable to find anybody in China who is willing to sell me less than 100 grams. Can someone point me to a (seemingly) reliable source who will sell me ten grams?

#2904 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

Contact Nancy from HHD.
  • Informative x 1

#2905 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

yes, never take MOQ for face value. plus, you can always ask for a 1-2 gram sample for purity analysis.

#2906 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

Its best if we do not put sources in this thread...

We can arrange a group buy for pretty cheap chinese NSI in that other source thread...

Please if anyone has the link post it here, so at least one year old members can discuss NSI sourcing there.

• Good Point x 1

#2907 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

I'd love a PM as well.  Please.

From where else may this be procured? PM with details.

Its best if we do not put sources in this thread...

We can arrange a group buy for pretty cheap chinese NSI in that other source thread...

Please if anyone has the link post it here, so at least one year old members can discuss NSI sourcing there.

Pm me, please. When true Nsi 189 will be found.

Edited by Edogawa Rampo, 08 February 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#2908 atomical

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

PM me as well, please.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2909 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

I’ve got a quote from a Chinese source of $550 for 100 grams. Anybody interested in a four-way split?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2910 larsonfuda09

• 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

I’ve got a quote from a Chinese source of $550 for 100 grams. Anybody interested in a four-way split?

How confident are you in the quality of product? Seems like an awfully low price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)