• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

COLURACETAM - User Feedback

coluracetam racetam piracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam memory cognitive cognition nootropic

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#511 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

bumping this thread

1st coluracetam trial-----1:45pm-one green scoop colu.....probably 5-10mg.

+ 600mg.oxiracetam          

will see now if this is similiar to my normal piracetam dose that I usually take at this time

Not sure about dosage , always better to start low though....science guy used 80mg. though....

Edited by zeropoint, 19 April 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#512 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

bumping this thread

1st coluracetam trial-----1:45pm-one green scoop colu.....probably 5-10mg.

+ 600mg.oxiracetam          

will see now if this is similiar to my normal piracetam dose that I usually take at this time

Not sure about dosage , always better to start low though....science guy used 80mg. though....

3:45pm      Subtle effect as stated in earlier posts, a anxiolytic effect noted, though could be placebo, helps in figuring what's the best thing to do at the given moment, if that makes any sense, yet for me that's a good thing....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 Danny R

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Has anyone tried creating a liquid suspension or solution of coluracetam and... something? Colu is expensive, and the anecdotal dosages seem to vary from amounts that I can measure accurately, down to amounts that I would have to measure out larger amounts, then try to divide as accurately as I could. It just seems like it would be better to suspend or dissolve it in something, then measure out my trial doses in mg/ml. Ceretropic has a premade solution in vegetable oil, prop glycol and sucralose, but I want to try to make my own.

Has anyone else done this before?

#514 p155

• 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Some observations from a newcomer to this forum, but veteran user of Nootropics. 

I've used a number of different Nootropics. My list includes:

• Piracetam (did nothing for me)
  • Oxiracetam 
  • Maca (not widely consider a Nooptropic)
  • Huperzine (gives me extreme nausea)
  • Baicalin (take it almost every day)
  • L-Theanine (take it almost every day)
  • Phenylpiracetam (I take it off and on)
  • Noopept (one of my current regular favorites)
  • Sunifiram (first time was great...but nothing on subsequent tries)
  • Pseudoephedrine (for awhile, it was my favorite stimulant, but it was not safe to use in the longrun, so I stopped).
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Ginko Biloba and Vinpocetine from Costco 

Of all that I've taken over the years, very few of produced any long-lasting benefit. So I'm well past the point of searching for or expecting to find the Holy Grail.

So it was with very muted expectations that I tried some new things this year. For the first time, I've found some things that are providing consistent benefit:

• Coluracetam
  • Noopept (I've been taking it nearly every day for the past 50 days.
  • Phenylpiracetam (only when taking sporadically, when the need arises)

I will cautiously add that of the above three Coluracetam is the newest I've added to my repertoire. But I'm actually pleasantly surprised that it's even lasted two weeks providing me with:

• Physical and mental stamina without caffeine jitters or stomach upside. Because I live on the West Coast, but work East Coast hours, my day starts early. In my pre-Coluracetam days, I'd start to conk out around 10 to 11am. But since start it up and identifying the right does, I've been powering through tasks through most of the day, steadily productive, quickly confident and working smarter than before. I've read descriptions of what Modafinil does and this seems (at least for me) to in that same realm. I'm guessing Modafinal is more intense, however. I'll know in a few weeks assuming my package from India gets here)
  • High mental performance. I'm pretty much staying at best and able connect the dots faster and with cleverness. There are many times, quantum leaps in thinking and I'm wonder--why didn't I think of that last year. 

Noopept is providing similar benefit, but with less benefit on prevent fatigue. 

Between the two, i'm figuring out how to tag-team them rather than stacking them because -- at the correct dosages them to see to do provide similar mental benefits, while differing on the physical side of the equation.

Will I have the same opinion two weeks or two months from? Hard to say, but the reason I'm hopeful is that the vast majority of Nootropics I've taken over the years, lost their effects within one or two days. That is the case for me, with Sunifiram and just about everything else on the list except Noopept, Coluracetam and Phenylpiracetam (the latter again...only for special occasions). 

Right now, I'm most interested in learning about the long-term benefits and risks of Coluracetam. I hope to learn more. 

• like x 4
  • Informative x 1

#515 neuralis

• 84 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Here is my anecdotal report of my coluracetam trials conducted few months ago:

Coluracetam is a very potent substance. Out of the different mg-range nootropics I've tried (sunifiram, noopept) it is definitely the most potent one. It is very easy to take too much. If I ever went too much over 4 mg-s I'd get dizzy and lethargic.

I can't say I was very impressed with its effects as an cognitive enhancer, but it definitely did something. The first and most pronounced effect was visual enhancement. Some people here claim it to be almost sub-psychedelic. I wouldn't go that far, but there was some color enhancement alongside sharpening of contrasts for sure.
The second effect I got from Coluracetam is something I like to call random memory recall. I often got flashes of random situations I had encountered in my life. These flashes in turn unfolded a myriad of other memories connected to that situation and the people involved. Great for reflection, but not so great when you are talking to your boss and you have to put effort into stopping your mind from wandering off to your childhood playground.
Third most noticeable effect was that I constantly had music playing in my head. It was kinda cool, kept me in a upbeat mood. The only downside was that it was noticeable to others as well. My friend asked me once: "What's the name of the tune you are listening to right now?" Apparently the music had been so vivid I had started dancing a bit haha. We still joke about it to this day.

There was another thing I noticed about coluracetam, which lead me to end my trials. It seemed to somehow mess with my energy production cycle. At that time I worked a job that required great hand dexterity and precision. When I took coluracetam I wasn't able to move as fast as I usually do. I felt overall increase in energy levels, but when it came down to doing fast and precise movements, the energy just wasn't there. I tried combating it with different combos of caffeine/ALCAR/creatine, but nothing worked so I stopped taking it.

Overall I find coluracetam interesting substance with unique properties. But for now I don't see a way to utilize its effects for improving my life.
  • like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#516 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

I just received some Coluracetam in powder form. I decided to try it after reading the hugely positive review from ScienceGuy. I am not looking for any nootropic effects, I need it to combat depression and especially anxiety and have a history of CFS like the topic starter. The recommended dosages are so small that I cannot be sure how much exactly I've taken, even given the fact I have precise scales (accurate to 0.001mg) and a microscoop. I find it impossible to handle with enough accuracy to measure such a small dose, but I must have taken between 10 and 20 mg. I tried to take it sublingually, but some or most of it must have ended up being taken orally, again because of the difficult logistics of trying to get a sticky substance from a microspoon into your mouth. 

First, the effect. It kicked in and kind of stupified me, causing an almost drunk-like feeling, with difficulty concentrating. I can't see any positives from it yet. I can relate to the author of the previous post saying they restrict their dose to 4mg. I don't understand how people in the study and ScienceGuy could tolerate 80mg of the stuff.

Secondly, my immediate concern is the logistics of administering it. If I find it useful, I will definitely get a sublingual solution next time. I understand it's not soluble/stable in water. So my question to the community is: is there anything I can dissolve it in to make administration and dosing easier?

#517 p155

• 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

It took some time for me to get into the groove in terms of how I administered this stuff. After trying sublingual, I eventually opted to just take around 50 mg as measured by a scale mixed in with some Crystal Lite. That's been working fine for me. 

And, it doesn't exactly dissolve easily, but basically, you wind up taking it in tiny chunks. 

Effect-wise, it works for me and ranks as one of the most consistently effective substances I've ever taken over the past decade of dabbling in different Nootropics. 

I just received some Coluracetam in powder form. I decided to try it after reading the hugely positive review from ScienceGuy. I am not looking for any nootropic effects, I need it to combat depression and especially anxiety and have a history of CFS like the topic starter. The recommended dosages are so small that I cannot be sure how much exactly I've taken, even given the fact I have precise scales (accurate to 0.001mg) and a microscoop. I find it impossible to handle with enough accuracy to measure such a small dose, but I must have taken between 10 and 20 mg. I tried to take it sublingually, but some or most of it must have ended up being taken orally, again because of the difficult logistics of trying to get a sticky substance from a microspoon into your mouth. 

First, the effect. It kicked in and kind of stupified me, causing an almost drunk-like feeling, with difficulty concentrating. I can't see any positives from it yet. I can relate to the author of the previous post saying they restrict their dose to 4mg. I don't understand how people in the study and ScienceGuy could tolerate 80mg of the stuff.

Secondly, my immediate concern is the logistics of administering it. If I find it useful, I will definitely get a sublingual solution next time. I understand it's not soluble/stable in water. So my question to the community is: is there anything I can dissolve it in to make administration and dosing easier?

#518 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

It took some time for me to get into the groove in terms of how I administered this stuff. After trying sublingual, I eventually opted to just take around 50 mg as measured by a scale mixed in with some Crystal Lite. That's been working fine for me. 

And, it doesn't exactly dissolve easily, but basically, you wind up taking it in tiny chunks.

Yes, but you don't store it in Crystal Lite, do you? I need a solvent to store my powder in so I can then take it in the form of drops.

#519 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Effect-wise, it works for me and ranks as one of the most consistently effective substances I've ever taken over the past decade of dabbling in different Nootropics.

I am totally new to nootropics. I have previously experimented with Afobazole and Selank to no effect. I have never taken any racetams. My only reason for trying nootropics is to alleviate an agitated form depression. Now the only study on Coluracetam suggested that it is somewhat beneficial in agitated form of depression, but not beneficial at all in other forms. Maybe someone can advise me if I should start with older racetams, like piracetam for my condition. And I have a question for people who have found Coluracetam or other racetam useful in alleviating depression/anxiety? Does it actually help "treat" depression/anxiety, and I'm talking real depression/anxiety, when you're not able to work or do anything productive, constantly suffer from racing/intrusive thoughts, etc. So if you take a racetam and find that the symptoms improve, can it lead to eventual remission, where you stop taking the racetams and continue to feel better? Or are racetams more like benzodiazepines, where the moment you stop you start to feel worse again?

I find it a bit hard to understand ScienceGuy's rating of 10/10 of Coluracetam as an anxiolytic. In the same post he mentions that he works 18-hour days and puts in shifts at crazy times of the day. Now you can't have an anxiety disorder and do that, can you? I understand that people suffer from mental issues differently. One person can be perfectly functional, have a a family, a job, etc. and then one day hang himself. Another person can be bedridden and in a constant state of mental anguish, unable to even watch television. You can say that they both have severe depression. But I just really want to know an answer to this: did people on these boards who glowingly say how a supplement alleviated their anxiety/depression generally have a pre-existing mental condition, at least requiring being treated under the care of a psychologist/psychiatrist and taking conventional psychoactive drugs? I am very new to these forums and judging from the very name of these forums and topics covered, it would appear to be aimed at people trying to push their brains and bodies beyond the usual limits. However, nearly every review of a nootropic includes references to depression and anxiety. If someone could clear up this confusion at least to some extent I would be very grateful.

#520 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Go see a doctor man!

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#521 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Ceretropic has a solution based coluracetam that comes with a dropper for titration.

You might want to do some research on tianeptine for depression?

#522 p155

• 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

No I don't store mixed with Crystal Lite. I just do the mix as needed.

Yes, but you don't store it in Crystal Lite, do you? I need a solvent to store my powder in so I can then take it in the form of drops.

#523 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

I am totally new to nootropics. I have previously experimented with Afobazole and Selank to no effect. I have never taken any racetams. My only reason for trying nootropics is to alleviate an agitated form depression. Now the only study on Coluracetam suggested that it is somewhat beneficial in agitated form of depression, but not beneficial at all in other forms. Maybe someone can advise me if I should start with older racetams, like piracetam for my condition. And I have a question for people who have found Coluracetam or other racetam useful in alleviating depression/anxiety? Does it actually help "treat" depression/anxiety, and I'm talking real depression/anxiety, when you're not able to work or do anything productive, constantly suffer from racing/intrusive thoughts, etc. So if you take a racetam and find that the symptoms improve, can it lead to eventual remission, where you stop taking the racetams and continue to feel better? Or are racetams more like benzodiazepines, where the moment you stop you start to feel worse again?

I find it a bit hard to understand ScienceGuy's rating of 10/10 of Coluracetam as an anxiolytic. In the same post he mentions that he works 18-hour days and puts in shifts at crazy times of the day. Now you can't have an anxiety disorder and do that, can you? I understand that people suffer from mental issues differently. One person can be perfectly functional, have a a family, a job, etc. and then one day hang himself. Another person can be bedridden and in a constant state of mental anguish, unable to even watch television. You can say that they both have severe depression. But I just really want to know an answer to this: did people on these boards who glowingly say how a supplement alleviated their anxiety/depression generally have a pre-existing mental condition, at least requiring being treated under the care of a psychologist/psychiatrist and taking conventional psychoactive drugs? I am very new to these forums and judging from the very name of these forums and topics covered, it would appear to be aimed at people trying to push their brains and bodies beyond the usual limits. However, nearly every review of a nootropic includes references to depression and anxiety. If someone could clear up this confusion at least to some extent I would be very grateful.

I think it is safe to say that by definition a working nootropic will almost always have a broad spectrum healing effect on the brain of the user. This point is experientially underscored by the fact that the brain is one of the most interconnected pieces of physical reality known of - improve of damage any one aspect of this thing and the effects are undoubtedly going to ripple through the whole organ. However, what actually works or doesn't is so individually specific that it makes little sense to analyse the compounds intellectually in great depth for the individual user who has a specific need that needs solving - at least the only final say is going to be whether or not the drug in actual practice works for you. TLDR: nootropics are finicky things; research a medium amount then try the compounds out, if they work for your specific needs: great, if not, at least it was worth a shot!

Hope this helps :)

• Agree x 1

#524 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

got coluracetam 1g vial powder from NSN and after trying a couple of sub-lingual powder doses... I don't think it's very effective since the powder stays in chunks too easily... with that said, I found a solution to dissolve coluracetam:

add 1 small drop of LEMON JUICE, and the coluracetam appears to dissolve, or at least gets taken into the liquid which prevents leaving chunks in your mouth. Now I add 1 drop of lemon juice and stir until all clumps disappear, then add 2 drops water to increase volume and pour under my tongue for easy sub-lingual liquid dosing.

I felt the effects much quicker and more pronounced then when I did sub-lingual powder dosing, so I like it and would welcome feedback from others who have noticed the problems with sub-lingual powder dosing.

reasoning:

I think lemon juice works because citric acid contains a lot of polar oxygen groups in the form of carboxyl and alcohol groups. the online sub-lingual solution says it uses propylene glycol, and that is nothing but 2 alcohol groups, so it makes sense chemically why citric acid is a good solution to dissolving coluracetam.

Edited by komoku, 27 June 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#525 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

add 1 small drop of LEMON JUICE, and the coluracetam appears to dissolve, or at least gets taken into the liquid which prevents leaving chunks in your mouth. Now I add 1 drop of lemon juice and stir until all clumps disappear, then add 2 drops water to increase volume and pour under my tongue for easy sub-lingual liquid dosing.

How much coluracetam are you using?

#526 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

How much coluracetam are you using?

unfortunately my mg scale is the gemini-20, which has a error range of up to 20mg, thus any doses below 20mg can be in error. Also, it doesn't read doses less than 5mg easily, so I have found trouble with scale dosing.

with that being said, I have resorted to measuring through scoops with the blue scoop provided with my 1g vial (scoop head is very tiny). I was able to dissolve 2 scoops with 1 drop of lemon juice easily.

2 scoops gave me the response stated multiple times in this thread. Vivid colors, music appreciation, etc. I plan to take 3 next, then 4, and up until I get drowsy so i know my max tolerable dose.

#527 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

For a bit there I thought I'd lost my Coluracetam. I ordered two little bottles and put it in one, then in a move ... forgot where I put it (found it in the fridge). I have a small Almasa scale but have never used it. Putting two little tabs on the scale shows nothing so I scraped it off and added it to lemon, as you instructed.

#528 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

For a bit there I thought I'd lost my Coluracetam. I ordered two little bottles and put it in one, then in a move ... forgot where I put it (found it in the fridge). I have a small Almasa scale but have never used it. Putting two little tabs on the scale shows nothing so I scraped it off and added it to lemon, as you instructed.

yes, I had the same problem where i would add a scoop or 2 and the scale wouldn't change from zero, no doubt due to the very low quantities we are working with.

my scoop says it's a 10mg scoop, which I know isn't accurate however it does give me a ball park to work with for dose adjustments.

how did the lemon juice work for you in comparison to sub-lingual powder dosing?

#529 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

how did the lemon juice work for you in comparison to sub-lingual powder dosing?

I'm not sure yet. How long does it take for something to happen? Also, I forgot to hold it under my tongue. 

Not sure if I have a scoop. It's not like a spoon, it's just a flat round thing on the end of a green plastic stick.

#530 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'm not sure yet. How long does it take for something to happen? Also, I forgot to hold it under my tongue. 

Not sure if I have a scoop. It's not like a spoon, it's just a flat round thing on the end of a green plastic stick.

If kept under tongue/kept in mouth, effects appear for me within 10-15 minutes. within 30 it feels very pronounced but come down afterwards, and effects last approximately 4 hours for me.

if you didn't keep it under your tongue... I don't know if you will experience similar magnitudes.

when I try to keep the solution under my tongue, I leave it for at least 10 minutes if not more, despite an inconvenient buildup of saliva...

#531 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Ok. I'll try that next time. 

#532 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

How do you guys even get it out of the spoon onto the scale then back into the spoon and into your mouth? I found that I had to lick the scale and the spoon, and then try to get the rest out of the spoon with a spatula and into my mouth?

Where do you guys get your Coluracetam? Maybe it's supposed to be less sticky than what I got.

#533 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

Good one. I scraped off what I could into a spoon and licked off the rest.

Since the scale doesn't work for me I'll just put the blobs (whatever) into the spoon with the lemon/lime juice.

#534 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

How do you guys even get it out of the spoon onto the scale then back into the spoon and into your mouth? I found that I had to lick the scale and the spoon, and then try to get the rest out of the spoon with a spatula and into my mouth?

Where do you guys get your Coluracetam? Maybe it's supposed to be less sticky than what I got.

The easiest thing to do is to get a small piece of a paper and tap the coluracetam on to it. Then take the paper, hold it by two opposite ends and almost fold it, proceed to raise and take it up to your face, aim for under your tongue, and the coluracetam will slide off with ease.

• like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#535 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

I get mine from NSN.

What I do with my Gemini 20 is turn it on and let it show zero, then put a small sticky note on the tray. The scale should then read about 150 mg. I then start adding the powder to the dose I want eg. if I want 10mg take it up to 160mg if 5 then 155mg. It seems pretty accurate this way. Then you can just put the sticky note up to your mouth and dump the powder under the tungue. It helps to bend one side of the paper first so you can easily pick it up.

Edited by Betterself, 27 June 2014 - 02:34 PM.

• Informative x 1

#536 Bmk686

• 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

The easiest thing to do is to get a small piece of a paper and tap the coluracetam on to it. Then take the paper, hold it by two opposite ends and almost fold it, proceed to raise and take it up to your face, aim for under your tongue, and the coluracetam will slide off with ease.

Glad to see this mentioned. This is exactly what I do, although I use a smooth business card but it's the same concept. It's so simple and if there is any powder left on the card, just wipe your finger over it and rub the bottom of your tongue.

Edited by Bmk686, 04 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#537 adamh

• 1,031 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

I've been getting very little out of coluracetam. Its hard to measure, but I did weigh out finally 25mg which looked like 100mg but I know its very fluffy, took it sublingualy. I felt a little mental stimulation but none of these quasi-psychedelic effects so many people have raved about. I've only gotten a little out of it and it tastes nasty and doesn't last that long. Would 50 or 100mg do much more? 

#538 renodino

• 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

adamh: I initially had little response until I tried 30mg. If you scan this thread, you'll observe quite a range of effective dosages. For myself, I started with 10 mg, then incremented 5 mg a day until the effects were noticeable.

On a related note, I recently started a low carb (practically no carb) diet. After taking a 2 week break from colu, I started dosing again at the usual 30mg, but wasn't feeling much effect. I've since bumped to about 38mg, and that seems to produce the good effects (esp anxiolytic).

I'm wondering if

• Colu may have a potential tolerance issue ? I've always cycled it (usually 4 days on, 3 days off), and have been using about a year now, and this is the 1st time I've noticed a decline in effects
  • perhaps insulin may have an interaction with colu ? presumably my low carb diet has reduced my blood insulin levels (probably quite a bit given the amount of carbs I used to consume). I've also noticed some reduced effect from other racetams I occasionally take (nefi, noopept), tho phenyl seems as effective as before

#539 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

Does anyone take the Coluracetam powder sublingually or is it best just to take that regularly?  Also, has anyone noticed greater efficacy by taking the Coluracetam liquid sublingually?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#540 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

adamh: I initially had little response until I tried 30mg. If you scan this thread, you'll observe quite a range of effective dosages. For myself, I started with 10 mg, then incremented 5 mg a day until the effects were noticeable.

On a related note, I recently started a low carb (practically no carb) diet. After taking a 2 week break from colu, I started dosing again at the usual 30mg, but wasn't feeling much effect. I've since bumped to about 38mg, and that seems to produce the good effects (esp anxiolytic).

I'm wondering if

• Colu may have a potential tolerance issue ? I've always cycled it (usually 4 days on, 3 days off), and have been using about a year now, and this is the 1st time I've noticed a decline in effects
  • perhaps insulin may have an interaction with colu ? presumably my low carb diet has reduced my blood insulin levels (probably quite a bit given the amount of carbs I used to consume). I've also noticed some reduced effect from other racetams I occasionally take (nefi, noopept), tho phenyl seems as effective as before

I'm low carb and wheat/gluten free and have exact same experience with regards to high dosages needed to feel anything whatsoever from the racetam family (incl uni, suni, colu and pira). Might be correlation, might be coincidence!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam, racetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, memory, cognitive, cognition, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users