The C60 Hair Tonic Thread

hair c60

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've been putting a single drop of c60oo on my receding hair line twice weekly for the past few weeks. But all I have to show for it is a greasy receding hair line.

I am probably one of the folks who has taken a lot of C60oo...

Actually almost 4.5 liters of oil with roughly 3.5 grams of dissolved C60 in it.

I don't think it works for hair. There is a point in the video where I am interviewing Professor Fathi Moussa where you can see my small portion of receding hair.. Or an area of hair that is very light near the hairline, where I think I am subconsciously trying to cover with my other hair.. Hahaha

The fact is that I would of expected this area to have some hair after so much C60oo that i have taken.

I just don't think it works at the amounts I was taking, and possibly at no amount.

Cheers
A

Follow me on Google Plus: https://profiles.goo...36572014252197' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> https://profiles.google.com/113037236572014252197

#32 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

The Luna researchers who worked with bald mice predicted that not all would benifit. They didn't indicate why, but possibly they've tried it around the lab informally. (Also note that they were using a specific C60 derivative.)

...we have discovered a new way
in which hair follicles can be induced de novo. As seen
above, the fullerene derivatives described here significantly
increase the number of hair follicles in the skin.

...Indeed, we demonstrate that fullerenes
induce hair growth in human skin, suggesting that the
mechanism that potentiates hair growth in mice is similar to
that in humans. Thus, we predict the results presented here
will translate into new ways to induce hair growth in the
approximately 20% to 50% of individuals in whom
minoxidil and finasteride have no effect.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....d?term=19223242

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 28 October 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

That is very interesting Turnbuckle. I am very tuned in to my hair growth, I have noticed faster growth and stronger stubble on my bald head.. no new growth but definitely my existing stubble is more prickly than its usual soft fuzzzz

#34 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

hey mpe...are you takin c60 internally if so for how long? any change from internal use on thinninG?

Yes, I have, once weekly doses of 12.5 mg for the past 4 weeks, but still no change in hair growth.

#35 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hmmm, instead of one big dose each week maybe smaller doses 2 or three times per week, any ideas?

#36 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hmmm, instead of one big dose each week maybe smaller doses 2 or three times per week, any ideas?

I believe the hair growth study used topical application. With hair growth cycle I would expect 3-6 month trial of topical application to be necessary to show any significant result. Olive oil alone should be testedto at least make sure of no negative result there.

#37 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

My forearms appear hairier and not as obviously greying as before, but not my head.

Bugger, the story of my life.

#38 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

My forearms appear hairier and not as obviously greying as before, but not my head.

Bugger, the story of my life.

The future belongs to the immortal ape men...all quite bald.
  • like x 2

#39 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

For the past few weeks, I've been applying it at my temples where I'd developed some graying over the past few years. ISTM my hair there is less gray lately, but I'm not sure that's not only because it's oilier.

Edited by tintinet, 03 November 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#40 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

i've been taking between 1.5 and 3 mg a day orally for the last 7 weeks,
not to sure about that on my head as it has always grown quickly, but i'm having to shave 50% more often

Edited by pleb, 03 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#41 tweedlover

• 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Any changes that would come up in a photo? Let's have some before and after shots!

#42 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

looks like this thread died out. Did most people not have hair regrowth?

#43 resting

• Life Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

To early for me to report but waiting to see. Nothing after 3 months.

#44 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

I wonder if this would be a good topical in conjunction with dermrolling? I may try that.
  • like x 1

#45 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I wonder if this would be a good topical in conjunction with dermrolling? I may try that.

I've seen comments by others who said the combination did nothing.

looks like this thread died out. Did most people not have hair regrowth?

According to the C60 poll, only 8% have reported hair growth to date. Though it's not clear how many tried it topically.

#46 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

I've seen comments by others who said the combination did nothing.

According to the C60 poll, only 8% have reported hair growth to date. Though it's not clear how many tried it topically.

Yeah, not surprised in a way. It all depends on what else the person is doing or not doing.

It's such a multifactorial problem (hairloss) that its effectiveness in conjunction with dermarolling would be mitigated, among many other things, by the presence of DHT and PGD2, if those aren't kept in check somehow.

At the very least: Growth factors + possible stem cell activation (c60?) + blocking DHT at the receptor via topical CB or the like + reducing PGD2 in scalp tissue via topicals.

#47 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

At the very least: Growth factors + possible stem cell activation (c60?) + blocking DHT at the receptor via topical CB or the like + reducing PGD2 in scalp tissue via topicals.

Exactly. I'm one of the 8% that saw hair growth, but I use it both orally and topically, and also finasteride and minoxidil.

#48 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Exactly. I'm one of the 8% that saw hair growth, but I use it both orally and topically, and also finasteride and minoxidil.

I tried it today for the first time.

After I dermrolled, I sprayed a generous portion of minox sulphate (in accordance with that study everyone's been talking about), and then I squeezed a few drops of C60 right onto scalp now wet with minox, which helped to thin it out a bit, and maybe with absorption.

I'll chime in on this thread if I notice anything. May be hard to isolate though because I started a new topical AA (CB-03-01) two months ago.

#49 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

My husband (loves being the lab subject of my health experiments) but hates his thinning hair, although it looks fine to me. Bald is not ugly guys! That being said, he is game to be the subject of a C60 hair re-growth experiment. Right now, he's getting one dropper of Vaughter C60 a day. I'll up it soon, also topical application. By the by, my 13-year old Dachshund has been getting regular C60 drops... she has suddenly has gotten much thicker hair at the back of her neck, also shinier and thicker coat in general. Also, my freckles are going away from C60, I can only attribute it to that since I've done every other kind of treatment to no avail. I'll report more on husband's hairline soon.

Edited by Skypp, 09 January 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#50 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Changes in freckles might indicate something relevant. UV exposure usually makes them larger. Somewhat unintuitively (at least for me), telomere shortening has been shown to cause them to reduce in number, which is the normal response to aging. You might want to try and track your freckle sizes and counts over time, if possible.

Howard

see: link

Edited by hav, 09 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#51 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

The freckles were almost entirely due to sun exposure and just got worse over time. I am very fair-skinned, green eyes, RH Neg blood (sensitive to sun). C60 seems to have reduced sun damage from inside my body because I have only sporadically put it on my skin. I have also been applying liposomal Vit C directly to my skin, which is better than any cream. But the C60 is, I believe, a part of the overall reduction in sun damage.

#52 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Changes in freckles might indicate something relevant. UV exposure usually makes them larger. Somewhat unintuitively (at least for me), telomere shortening has been shown to cause them to reduce in number, which is the normal response to aging. You might want to try and track your freckle sizes and counts over time, if possible.

Howard

Also, Howard, freckles do not normally reduce with aging, quite the opposite.

#53 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

The linked paper talks about a relationship between telomere length and nevi (a.k.a. moles), which are different than freckles.

#54 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

The linked paper talks about a relationship between telomere length and nevi (a.k.a. moles), which are different than freckles.

Sorry, I missed the fact that they were distinguishing between moles and freckles in their study. They've been at this for quite a while and the abstract of their previous paper, which didn't mention telomere lengths, gave me the impression they were counting nevi and freckles together. But you're right, the full-text indicates they in fact are tracking them separately:

Genetics of Risk Factors for Melanoma: an Adult Twin Study of Nevi and Freckles

... and that apparently their more recent telomere-length to nevi count observation applies only to moles and not freckles.

Howard

#55 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I am probably one of the folks who has taken a lot of C60oo...

Actually almost 4.5 liters of oil with roughly 3.5 grams of dissolved C60 in it.

Cheers
A

So what happened to Anthony? He took the most of C60oo and then.. Or is it just a coincidence that he seems to have disappeared? Is he even alive? (joke :))

I would like to hear an update.
  • like x 1

#56 wannabeageless

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

The freckles were almost entirely due to sun exposure and just got worse over time. I am very fair-skinned, green eyes, RH Neg blood (sensitive to sun). C60 seems to have reduced sun damage from inside my body because I have only sporadically put it on my skin. I have also been applying liposomal Vit C directly to my skin, which is better than any cream. But the C60 is, I believe, a part of the overall reduction in sun damage.

I suspect the topical application of liposmal Vit C has been a significant reason for the reduction of sun damage you are witnessing. Would you share your routine in application? What strength, where you are applying it, and the frequency?

#57 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I buy bottles of liposomal C on Amazon. Its a little sticky (but soaks into skin very fast) and smells like tart candy, which also doesn't last long. I use it right out of the bottle just like a regular moisturizer, although sometimes I mix it with Vit. E cream. I am curious why you do not think C60 helps freckles? Without being exposed to sunlight C60 is an anti-oxidant, so it is not illogical that it would work on areas of sun damage. Many people have reported that it takes away a sunburn. Most freckles are also the result of sunburn. Do you think C60 is ineffective on skin?

Edited by Skypp, 19 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#58 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Turnbuckle, how often do you use it topically?

#59 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Turnbuckle, how often do you use it topically?

For the C60/EVOO, I used it topically for maybe three days running in 2012, and again in 2013. By 2013 I had so much hair that I diluted it in alcohol and used an eyedropper to apply it directly to the scalp.

#60 resting

• Life Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

How did you determine that C60/EVOO produced the hair growth when you are on finasteride and minoxidil?
  • like x 3
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users