* * * * * 2 votes

The C60 Hair Tonic Thread

hair c60

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

At the very least: Growth factors + possible stem cell activation (c60?) + blocking DHT at the receptor via topical CB or the like + reducing PGD2 in scalp tissue via topicals.

Exactly. I'm one of the 8% that saw hair growth, but I use it both orally and topically, and also finasteride and minoxidil.

Turnbuckle, how often do you use it topically?

For the C60/EVOO, I used it topically for maybe three days running in 2012, and again in 2013. By 2013 I had so much hair that I diluted it in alcohol and used an eyedropper to apply it directly to the scalp.

So a total of only six applications? Wow.

#62 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

At the very least: Growth factors + possible stem cell activation (c60?) + blocking DHT at the receptor via topical CB or the like + reducing PGD2 in scalp tissue via topicals.

Exactly. I'm one of the 8% that saw hair growth, but I use it both orally and topically, and also finasteride and minoxidil.

Turnbuckle, how often do you use it topically?

For the C60/EVOO, I used it topically for maybe three days running in 2012, and again in 2013. By 2013 I had so much hair that I diluted it in alcohol and used an eyedropper to apply it directly to the scalp.

So a total of only six applications? Wow.

Yeah, but I've also been taking 4 mg a week.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

What do you think of minoxidil causing wrinkles and skin aging?, you would of seen http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7672621

Do you think that if it does have any bad effect then it would have to come in contact with skin on the face or be used at the hairline where it could spread slightly to the face?

I used to use a ton of this stuff and I did look kind of older than my age in my 20s. Now I wear a toupee but I want to start using minox again on my side and rear hair at least to stop or slow the NW progression.

I will be dermarolling the top of my head and using minox/retin-a. I think I will try but will keep the stuff away from my non existent hairline and temples.

I was putting C60 on my head every few days just a few drops at one stage, I know my reactions to minox, I am a good responder and I would say that for me if C60 did anything then it is much weaker than minox.
The only thing I could say about C60 in regards to hair is that it may promote hair growth in a different way than minox, I say minox works better because if I used minox for a month I would start to see many fine vellus hairs, maybe C60 could be strengthening existing hair or starting a few follicles off growing completely normal again that I did not notice.
I felt my shaved hair was more prickly but that easily could've been wishful thinking.

#64 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

The OP has not reported back since starting this thread. No news is ... no results ?

#65 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

What do you think of minoxidil causing wrinkles and skin aging?, you would of seen http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7672621

I very much doubt that it's a problem. In this paper, the cells were literally soaking in minoxidil. This is without any barriers to absorption, and more importantly, no drug metabolism and no way for the drug to leave the system. This kind of experiment is good for two things: Generating mechanistic hypotheses, and Generating Internet Myths. What it's not very good at is predicting actual results in humans. Minoxidil has been used by millions of people, both topically and orally. (It was originally a blood pressure drug.) If no one has documented a wrinkling or other collagen problem in four decades of human use, it's probably not a problem.
  • like x 2

#66 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Now I wear a toupee

From your pic, I'd say you'd look more than OK with a shaved head/ close cropped hair.

I can't get past my prejudice on this, which is that a toupe is kinda... sad.

#67 username

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I have atopic dermatitis/eczema (don't know what the difference is there) on my scalp. I use two different anti-fungal shampoos several times a week and a 'normal' shampoo designed for atopic dermatitis daily. I put 3mg of c60 into the shampoo bottle of the one that I use daily. Let's see if it does anything. :)

#68 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

What's c60? Is this safe?
  • dislike x 5
  • WellResearched x 2
  • like x 1

#69 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

C60 is Carbon-60, a soccerball shaped carbon molecule.

As far as safety, the jury is still out as far as exactly how safe or unsafe the molecule itself is. Disolved in water is seems to be a bit unsafe, disolved in oil it seems to be pretty safe, but no explanation of the mechanism of why it seems to be a lot safer in oil has yet been put forth and proven.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#70 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

And this stuff makes you grow back hair on bold areas? This would be cool.
But do they know how it does this? What if it brings back hair but still isn't really safe?
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#71 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

The "How" of the matter is still in question. As far as I understand it, one of the forum members just decided to put it on his head on a whim and noticed increased hair growth... so it's mostly anecdotal.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#72 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Ok. Then probably it's not really an option for people with hair issues. I also wouldnt want to experiment with something
which hasn't been tested.
Even if it causes hair growth for example then what if it also causes hair growth on places where you dont want it like in the face?
That would be scary.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#73 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

The only studies that have been done with C60-EVOO and shown good results (that I know of) are in life extension of rats dosed with it. That, and some photosensitivity topical tests that showed an easier time when tanning shaved rats.

Oh, and a lot of forum goers who have been taking it say it gives them increased energy. But again, that's not a proof and could just be due to getting a decent amount of healthy fats from the EVOO.
  • dislike x 1

#74 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Have always eaten large amounts of EVO. So I think your statement doesn't hold true. Something else is going on.

#75 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Well I am not putting that out as a proof, by any means. It's just that the mechanism hasn't even come close to being explained. The closest thing I have seen to an explanation is that the C60 is lipophillic, and the EVOO is a fat, so they have an attraction to each other, leading to a composite that likes going into cell membranes, of which the mitochondria are extremely high in, and therefore the antioxidant qualities of the C60 gets expressed preferentially in the mitochondria.

I take that explanation with a grain of salt, of course, because I've read a lot of Turnbuckle's posts and he seems to focus on the Mitochondria a lot. :happy:

It's also kind of confusing to me, too, because being a surface of carbon atoms, any bonding of a ROS to the C60 would seem to be very likely after a few "cuts" to end up making a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon... which are Bad NewsTM

Edited by Jeoshua, 21 February 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#76 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

People take this stuff orally as well? Do they not worry about side effects?
  • dislike x 1

#77 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

The rats tested on C60-EVOO did fine lived longer. So no they're no worried about side effects. This is Longecity!
  • Good Point x 1

#78 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yes but if it has only been tested in rats before then it's still kinda scary to experiment with it without having long term
side effects experience. What if this stuff actually turns out to be harmful in an unknown way?

#79 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

The "How" of the matter is still in question. As far as I understand it, one of the forum members just decided to put it on his head on a whim and noticed increased hair growth... so it's mostly anecdotal.

You haven't read the c60 forum enough...

Nanomedicine. 2009 Jun;5(2):202-7. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2008.09.005. Epub 2009 Feb 14.
Fullerene nanomaterials potentiate hair growth.
Zhou Z1, Lenk R, Dellinger A, MacFarland D, Kumar K, Wilson SR, Kepley CL.

Hair loss is a common symptom resulting from a wide range of disease processes and can lead to stress in affected individuals. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of fullerene nanomaterials on hair growth. We used shaved mice as well as SKH-1 "bald" mice to determine if fullerene-based compounds could affect hair growth and hair follicle numbers. In shaved mice, fullerenes increase the rate of hair growth as compared with mice receiving vehicle only. In SKH-1 hairless mice fullerene derivatives given topically or subdermally markedly increased hair growth. This was paralleled by a significant increase in the number of hair follicles in fullerene-treated mice as compared with those mice treated with vehicle only. The fullerenes also increased hair growth in human skin sections maintained in culture. These studies have wide-ranging implications for those conditions leading to hair loss, including alopecia, chemotherapy, and reactions to various chemicals.

PMID: 19223242

#80 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

True, I haven't looked into this section of the forums a whole lot, as it's not one of my favorite topics. I'm still trying to wrap my head around any possible mechanism of action. So far there have been many experiments on C60 in general, but I have seen nothing that really even hints on HOW it works.
  • dislike x 1

#81 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

We have some data from the literature regarding the nature of the olive oil adduct. We also have papers on other c60 analogs that show some of the effects we see in c60-oo. For example, there's an effect on mast cells that leads to reduced histamine release in allergy and atopy. There are fullerene analogs that act as SOD mimetics, which suggest a mechanism for reduced damage from superoxide radicals. There are studies showing preferential fullerene take-up by mitochondria. Some of the effects of c60-oo that people have observed point toward improved mitochondrial function. Since c60 is very good at accepting electrons and holding them until a suitable acceptor is available, it might be interacting with the Electron Transport Chain, as a sort of "super coQ10". There are a few mitochondrial proteins that are susceptible to damage from superoxide, and perhaps they are being protected leading to improved ETC efficiency.

Ultimately, someone needs to do a lot of basic biochemical bench work with c60-oo in order to sort these things out.
  • like x 2

#82 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Instead of mixing the c60 with alcohol, how about with emu oil? Emu oil is discussed and recommended at mpb research (you can google it) that promotes it especially for frontal regrowth.

#83 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

I realize this isnt about c60 but wanted to share it with people interested in regrowong hair. I dont have a clue how it works but I hope they get the funds for it.

https://www.indiegog...evention-lotion

• dislike x 1

#84 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

There is no talk at all about what is in the lotion, everything has been tried so it could not be anything new. 

#85 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

I was unable to find more information about it. Hoping they will release some kind of info soon. Perhaps they are keeping it quiet till they get a patent but who knows. It doesnt look like they will get the funding with only 7 days left.

Edited by mrwhitee, 14 September 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#86 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

I hope they can not get funding based on absolutely nothing.

I have some C60 on its way, I did rub some into my head the last time I was using it, couldnt hurt.

Had a few huge eyebrow hairs grow within days, I mean 80mm+ eyebrow hairs, so something was going on that was unusual.

• like x 1

#87 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

I tried rubbing it on my head but it seems like it just soaks up in the hair. I question if it really absorbs in the skin. If I put it on my face it never absorbs and will still be there hours later looking the same. I dont know, maybe its just me that has the problem.

#88 Redbulloid

• 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

Seems, upon oral intake, it improves my hair. There is no regrow, but remaining hair became robust. 

#89 DyeA

• 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

Anyone tried the combination of DMSO and C60? Thinking of giving this a shot - https://carbon60plus...c360hairgrowth/

#90 sindre

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

Can also anyone how to make the dmso and c60 solution like on the above link. They sadly don't ship to Norway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users