- - - - -

Taking Phenibut when on afobazole?

phenibut afobazole bacopa

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mordit

• 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

I have a just started taking Afobazole, 4 days in. I like it and find it to be quite effective already.
Does anyone know if it is safe or has anyone got experience of taking phenibut with afobazole? I like to take Phenibut occasionally recreationally and for certain social situations.

Also anyone take bacopa and afobazole together? Was thinking of adding that in too.

#2 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I don't see any potential problems. Afobazol just restores GABAergic function in the striatum, IIRC (but I could be wrong). Its anxiolytic effects are only realised through chronic dosing. So you should see results in a few weeks.

It's a weird one though, as it says from the manufacturer that the drug should reach maximum effectiveness at week 4-6. I can't remember correctly, but I'm sure it said that the drug should then be cycled, before starting a new cycle. I could be wrong though. I know of one user on here who has taken it for the last three years (mostly without breaks), and it still shows efficacy for him.

Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist, so in theory shouldn't interact with the afobazol at all. Maybe you might feel more drowsy, but as far as I am aware, phenibut doesn't come with the same problem as GHB, in the sense that it could knock you out. Mix it with alcohol or GHB, then of course you have real potential of running into significant problems. GHB, alone, will do this anyway.

I personally don't care for the effects of afobazol. It's weird, because it does feel extremely healthy to my brain, it's just it stabalizes me too much. It is a great anxiolytic, cognitively enhancing, has neuroprotective effects and has great potential for those with a fu***d brain such as schizophrenics (sigma1 agonsim will modulate glutamate, 5HT and DA). For me though, I didn't like the way it reduced hedonic tone (kind of similar in effect to NAC), reduced libido (it didn't reduce performance, the idea of sex just becomes boring on this drug) and made everything too 'meh' (quite similar to any mood stabalizer, IME).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist, so in theory shouldn't interact with the afobazol at all. Maybe you might feel more drowsy, but as far as I am aware, phenibut doesn't come with the same problem as GHB, in the sense that it could knock you out.

I have a friend who has had multiple blackouts from abusing phenibut; in sufficient quantities it absolutely has the same capacity to induce unconsciousness as GHB.

#4 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I have a friend who has had multiple blackouts from abusing phenibut; in sufficient quantities it absolutely has the same capacity to induce unconsciousness as GHB.

Do you know what dose they were taking?

The only bad experience i've had with phenibut was, once I took about 3 grams and drank around 6 beers. Threw up a pretty good bit but woke up with only a very slight headache. Definitely better than throwing up from alcohol alone

#5 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

The only bad experience i've had with phenibut was, once I took about 3 grams and drank around 6 beers. Threw up a pretty good bit but woke up with only a very slight headache. Definitely better than throwing up from alcohol alone

He took approximately 6 grams in a single dose on the days he blacked out. He continues to abuse it in fact, because of it's mood enhancing qualities. He's tried to stop multiple times but always becomes heavily depressed; his longest period of abstinence in 4 years was 2 weeks earlier on this year.

The problem is that the ratio of tolerance to the mood enhancing effects as opposed to the sedative effects is ~2:1. So his daily doses continue to escalate in pursuit of mood enhancement, while the sedative effects have him acting like someone severely inebriated with alcohol.

He recently lost his job because of this addiction, and it's cost him multiple friendships because of his intoxicated behaviour. It's difficult to remember his original personality, because he's either high on phenibut or a depressed misanthrope. He's come close to dying twice due to spontaneous blackouts, both times he ended up in hospital; once with pneumonia and another time with hypothermia.

Personally I hate the substance, having gone through my own period of abuse I haven't touched phenibut in almost 4 years.
  • like x 1

#6 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

That sounds like my experience with GHB. That stuff literally ruined my social life. I lost many good friends on that drug, because of how fiendish it was. The bottle always came first. Fuck GHB. Vile stuff.

Thanks for sharing that experience though. I've never heard of anyone blacking out on Phenibut, but I suppose it is possible if you go no holes barred with dosage, combinations, etc.

#7 dylesid

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hi,

I've heard you used Afobazole. May I ask, where did you bought it. I am looking for it for a long time. Please help me...

Regards,
Dylesid

#8 logos_ascending

• 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

He took approximately 6 grams in a single dose on the days he blacked out. He continues to abuse it in fact, because of it's mood enhancing qualities. He's tried to stop multiple times but always becomes heavily depressed; his longest period of abstinence in 4 years was 2 weeks earlier on this year.

The problem is that the ratio of tolerance to the mood enhancing effects as opposed to the sedative effects is ~2:1. So his daily doses continue to escalate in pursuit of mood enhancement, while the sedative effects have him acting like someone severely inebriated with alcohol.

He recently lost his job because of this addiction, and it's cost him multiple friendships because of his intoxicated behaviour. It's difficult to remember his original personality, because he's either high on phenibut or a depressed misanthrope. He's come close to dying twice due to spontaneous blackouts, both times he ended up in hospital; once with pneumonia and another time with hypothermia.

Personally I hate the substance, having gone through my own period of abuse I haven't touched phenibut in almost 4 years.

I also had a period of time that I was abusing phenibut heavily. This stuff can be extremely dangerous, especially if you have a history of GABAergic substance addiction (i.e. alcohol). Once you start, its very difficult to stop.

#9 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'm just reading this old thread and wanted to say how I thought this reaction to phenibut was quite exaggerated. I used it once at 1.5grams and felt amazing for the day, and about half of the next. I waited a week and tried it again and didn't feel anything at all, so I upped it to 4grams the next week, I felt heavily brain fogged and had a mild headache, it sucked. I didn't feel the need to take more and I haven't touched it since. I have also been addicted to benzos and quit quite easily, if that has anything to do with it, but then it's a different GABA-X receptor, no?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

double post

Edited by Sunwind, 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, afobazole, bacopa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users